Charlotte, NC - OTA - Page 326 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 123Likes
post #9751 of 9754 Unread Yesterday, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 118
WMYT Channel 55 is apparently off the air as they upgrade their antenna. They hope to be back on the air Tuesday afternoon and hopefully their signal will be improved, although I think they will remain at a lower power level. But I always got a strong signal from 55 despite the lower power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9752 of 9754 Unread Yesterday, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Spoke with WJZY/WMYT receptionist. They are definitely replacing the transmit antenna for Channel 55. Don't know if it will be positioned differently on the tower, but I guess it will still be side mounted. The old 46 analog antenna is still on top I think. Perhaps it will have a better pattern to reach problem areas around Hickory where there is interference from WHKY. Although 55 has a permit for a low power translator on Smith Mtn. to reach Catawba County. The new antenna should be up tomorrow afternoon. But meanwhile they still have 55 simulcast on 46.3.
post #9753 of 9754 Unread Yesterday, 08:08 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Spoke with WJZY/WMYT receptionist. They are definitely replacing the transmit antenna for Channel 55. Don't know if it will be positioned differently on the tower, but I guess it will still be side mounted. The old 46 analog antenna is still on top I think. Perhaps it will have a better pattern to reach problem areas around Hickory where there is interference from WHKY. Although 55 has a permit for a low power translator on Smith Mtn. to reach Catawba County. The new antenna should be up tomorrow afternoon. But meanwhile they still have 55 simulcast on 46.3.
My guess would be, they are installing a new antenna that would be a antenna just like the one they have now.
It should be the same place on the tower, same gain, same pattern.
There is no construction permit, also there is a freeze on TV construction that changes coverage at this time.
Also the CP for Hickory is on Baker Mt, not Smith Mt.

Tom
post #9754 of 9754 Unread Yesterday, 09:49 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
WMYT has been operating under special temporary authority at reduced power due to failure of some critical parts. No construction permit is required for any work to restore the station to normal licensed operation.

Link to STA authorization (you may need to append ".pdf" to the file name if you choose to save it):
http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/pro...etter_id=56921

Last edited by blackcap93; Yesterday at 10:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception