Charlotte, NC - OTA - Page 355 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 180Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #10621 of 10650 Unread 11-13-2016, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 5,349
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by difuse View Post
When is Veternarians Day this year?
Woops got the Vetrans Day mixed up when I was thinking too fast. But I think it was on Friday but they are now transitioning to the Black Friday sales. And it should be noted the Clearstream 2V antenna is on sale at Best Buy for $69 and it used to normally be $99. It is one of the better compact outdoor antennas.
tylerSC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10622 of 10650 Unread 11-13-2016, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
difuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Woops got the Vetrans Day mixed up when I was thinking too fast. But I think it was on Friday but they are now transitioning to the Black Friday sales. And it should be noted the Clearstream 2V antenna is on sale at Best Buy for $69 and it used to normally be $99. It is one of the better compact outdoor antennas.
Good. I was thinking it was the day the vendors brought out their dogs to get rid of.
difuse is offline  
post #10623 of 10650 Unread 11-16-2016, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
LMckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 593
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 18
WJZY fox 46 Going be adding a new station called Light TV a Joint with MGM

: Light TV, a new, 24-hour faith and family entertainment network designed to tap into MGM’s library of titles, is being launched next month by Roma Downey, Mark Burnett and MGM in partnership with a number of Fox stations and affiliates. Plans for the channel were reported about a year ago when the studio agreed to buy the 45% stake it didn’t own in its United Artists Media Group joint venture from Downey, Burnett and Hearst, and then named Burnett as president of its Television and Digital Group. The venture, which will also develop original programming, now has a name and a plan.

The seven-day per week broadcast network already has signed up affiliates in top markets, where it will air on the subchannels of Fox stations, including New York (WNYW), Los Angeles (KTTV). Chicago (WFLD), Philadelphia (WTXF), Dallas (KDFW) – Houston (KRIV), San Francisco (KTVU), D.C. (WTTG), Atlanta (WAGA), Orlando (WOFL), Phoenix (KSAZ), Minneapolis (KMSP) and Charlotte (WJZY).

http://deadline.com/2016/11/roma-dow...ox-1201855425/
LMckin is offline  
post #10624 of 10650 Unread 11-16-2016, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ybsane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMckin View Post
WJZY fox 46 Going be adding a new station called Light TV a Joint with MGM

: Light TV, a new, 24-hour faith and family entertainment network designed to tap into MGM’s library of titles, is being launched next month by Roma Downey, Mark Burnett and MGM in partnership with a number of Fox stations and affiliates. Plans for the channel were reported about a year ago when the studio agreed to buy the 45% stake it didn’t own in its United Artists Media Group joint venture from Downey, Burnett and Hearst, and then named Burnett as president of its Television and Digital Group. The venture, which will also develop original programming, now has a name and a plan.

The seven-day per week broadcast network already has signed up affiliates in top markets, where it will air on the subchannels of Fox stations, including New York (WNYW), Los Angeles (KTTV). Chicago (WFLD), Philadelphia (WTXF), Dallas (KDFW) – Houston (KRIV), San Francisco (KTVU), D.C. (WTTG), Atlanta (WAGA), Orlando (WOFL), Phoenix (KSAZ), Minneapolis (KMSP) and Charlotte (WJZY).

http://deadline.com/2016/11/roma-dow...ox-1201855425/
So they will have Fox primary with 4-sub channels. That's not going to look to good.

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
ybsane is offline  
post #10625 of 10650 Unread 11-16-2016, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
LMckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 593
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybsane View Post
So they will have Fox primary with 4-sub channels. That's not going to look to good.
They could drop the Ion TV and replace it with The Light
LMckin is offline  
post #10626 of 10650 Unread 11-16-2016, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 5,349
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybsane View Post
So they will have Fox primary with 4-sub channels. That's not going to look to good.
I wonder if they are going to keep the Movies channel. Or perhaps they move Ion or one of the other channels to 55 instead.
tylerSC is offline  
post #10627 of 10650 Unread 11-16-2016, 08:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
LMckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 593
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I wonder if they are going to keep the Movies channel. Or perhaps they move Ion or one of the other channels to 55 instead.
From Looking at rabbitears.info look like The Light be on WMYT 55.4
LMckin is offline  
post #10628 of 10650 Unread 11-17-2016, 02:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Trip in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA, US
Posts: 15,176
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMckin View Post
From Looking at rabbitears.info look like The Light be on WMYT 55.4
I do not expect Fox to add a 46-5; markets where Fox had only one station and was already occupied up to xx-4 were not included in the announcement. So I expect either Light TV goes to WMYT, or something else gets moved to WMYT to make room for Light TV, possibly ION. In the absence of further information, I've put Light TV on WMYT for now.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Trip in VA is online now  
post #10629 of 10650 Unread 11-18-2016, 01:42 PM
Senior Member
 
csmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 369
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybsane View Post
So they will have Fox primary with 4-sub channels. That's not going to look to good.
Doesn't look good now! I was hoping that they move ION to 55 instead.

I like the addition of ION, but there are two problems:
1) it degrades video quality (46.2, 46.3, 46.4) - looks like DISH back when they tried to put too
many MPEG2 channels on one transponder.
2) the ION feed needs to be shown in full 16x9 image mode. With my internal TV tuner
I can zoom it properly to get rid of hortz and vertical black borders, however if I
record and watch it later, my TV does not allow the same zoom capability from
HDMI ports
csmith is offline  
post #10630 of 10650 Unread 11-19-2016, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ybsane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Anyone else pulling in Channel 41? it has 7 total channels with repeating informercials and AccuWeather.

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
ybsane is offline  
post #10631 of 10650 Unread 11-19-2016, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bdfox18doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,767
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybsane View Post
Anyone else pulling in Channel 41? it has 7 total channels with repeating informercials and AccuWeather.
It's WHEH-LD..I am told it is a new station out of Lumberton NC that was moved...Apparently it was causing interference to some wireless gear at BOFA stadium with recent games, I have not had time to look into it.. nor talk with the local guy who coordinates all the big events here.
Ted (and Trip) probably know all the details, and I'll ask Stu when I get time.

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, MeTv, or AntennaTv; my employer; or its parent company.
Nor my wife for that matter!

Last edited by bdfox18doe; 11-19-2016 at 07:00 AM.
bdfox18doe is online now  
post #10632 of 10650 Unread 11-19-2016, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ybsane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Lumberton is a good 80-miles from me and I don't really have any of my antennas peaked in that direction, so I am guessing they are a lot closer in a new location since the Hurricane.

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
ybsane is offline  
post #10633 of 10650 Unread 11-19-2016, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 5,349
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfox18doe View Post
It's WHEH-LD..I am told it is a new station out of Lumberton NC that was moved...Apparently it was causing interference to some wireless gear at BOFA stadium with recent games, I have not had time to look into it.. nor talk with the local guy who coordinates all the big events here.
Ted (and Trip) probably know all the details, and I'll ask Stu when I get time.
There is also Channel 35 and Channel 14 listed for Florence, SC that look like they are moved to Charlotte along with 41 from Lumberton. Seem to be low power owned by DTV America. Look like one may carry Cozi TV, and others are infomercials and weather. Perhaps it is easier for low power stations to move to larger nearby market if this is correct. I don't know I am too far away.
tylerSC is offline  
post #10634 of 10650 Unread 11-19-2016, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 5,349
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 157
One thing I don't like is all these low power FM stations causing interference. You can't get B-93.7 or My 102.5 in Charlotte, Gastonia, or even parts of Cleveland County anymore. And there is now bad interference with WLNK-107.9 in Greenville, SC and 102.9 the Lake in Spartanburg. I get WLNK fine at the house including HD, but in the car it is no longer clear. Makes no sense for a weak station to mutually interfere with a strong full power distant station that used to be clear, regardless of the market boundary. I know WLNK is on the WBTV tower and my TV antenna in the attic pick it up, as well as rabbit ears in the bonus room. But the car radio is a mess.
tylerSC is offline  
post #10635 of 10650 Unread 11-20-2016, 10:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Theo1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 875
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 34
WHED-LP is licensed to Lumberton but is located in Charlotte on the tower at Tryon and May near Clanton Rd. It got here by what is known as "translator creep" A LPTV can file for a CP to move within its -41dbu coverage. So it moves to the far west of its coverage, FCC approves, it then files for a license, waits 5 business days, then files for another CP to move within its "new" coverage. I checked the applications of WHED. Started in February, took 5 moves to get to Charlotte. It's last move before Charlotte was in Monroe. While this sounds wrong to do, nothing in FCC rules prevent it. It did sneak up. RF channels that were between 632-638 had to be moved at BoA.

Channel 35 is located SW of York, SC. It has tried to get on the same tower in Charlotte, however it co-channel to WGHP, high point, nc and the FCC has dismissed its application. It excess the 1.0% interference rule

Ted Hand, CPBE. 8VSB, DRB, AMD
I was there on July 23, 1996...First DTV broadcast in the US..WRAL-HD

Amateur Radio - W9SOC


Last edited by Theo1080; 11-20-2016 at 11:02 PM.
Theo1080 is offline  
post #10636 of 10650 Unread 11-21-2016, 06:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Trip in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA, US
Posts: 15,176
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA
A few notes, if I may.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080 View Post
It got here by what is known as "translator creep"
I've actually never heard this term before, though my experience was largely on the LPTV side where such moves don't carry quite the negative connotation that term gives it. The terms I always heard were "move-in" or "hop". That term is also somewhat misleading since translators usually don't move very much; it's LPTVs that usually do a lot of moving around. (The difference, for those who want to know, is that LPTVs originate at least some programming, while translators only repeat programming of other stations. That means the distinction is strictly legal; in all other senses, the two are the same.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080 View Post
A LPTV can file for a CP to move within its -41dbu coverage.
Two things here:

1) TV coverage areas are defined in dBu based on the F(50,90) curves, but it's almost always a positive number. It's signal strength at the receiver that's negative, such as the -84 dBm number required for reception.

2) LPTV, translator, and Class A stations are licensed based on the 51 dBu contour on UHF, not the 41 dBu like full-power TV. Also, the rule is that the coverage areas have to overlap, not that the new transmitter site has to be within the coverage area of the old one. There is also a 30-mile limit on each such move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080 View Post
While this sounds wrong to do, nothing in FCC rules prevent it. It did sneak up.
LPTV and translator stations have no community of license coverage requirements. The original intent of this rule was that LPTV stations could, theoretically, serve a single neighborhood within a larger city, and so the community of license requirement could require a station to have to maintain a larger coverage than it would otherwise want to. Though that was the intent, we can all see what the outcome is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080 View Post
RF channels that were between 632-638 had to be moved at BoA.
This one I'm just curious about. Assuming the reference is to wireless microphones, those devices are secondary to TV licenses, such as WHEH-LD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080 View Post
It excess the 1.0% interference rule
There is no 1% interference rule, so far as I know. LPTV stations can cause up to 0.5% interference to full-power stations and up to 2.0% interference to other LPTV, translator, and Class A stations.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"


Last edited by Trip in VA; 11-21-2016 at 06:07 AM.
Trip in VA is online now  
post #10637 of 10650 Unread 11-21-2016, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
Theo1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 875
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Trip,

Let me respond:

I know the difference between a translator and a LPTV. It's not a legal term. If I give you a sheet of paper and say " go make a xerox of this" and copier is made by Canon, I don't say go make a Canon. Its just a term.

It got here by what is known as "translator creep"
I've actually never heard this term before, though my experience was largely on the LPTV side where such moves don't carry quite the negative connotation that term gives it. The terms I always heard were "move-in" or "hop". That term is also somewhat misleading since translators usually don't move very much; it's LPTVs that usually do a lot of moving around. (The difference, for those who want to know, is that LPTVs originate at least some programming, while translators only repeat programming of other stations. That means the distinction is strictly legal; in all other senses, the two are the same.)


You are right, I was wrong I was thinking 51, typed 41.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080
A LPTV can file for a CP to move within its -41dbu coverage.

Two things here:

1) TV coverage areas are defined in dBu based on the F(50,90) curves, but it's almost always a positive number. It's signal strength at the receiver that's negative, such as the -84 dBm number required for reception.

2) LPTV, translator, and Class A stations are licensed based on the 51 dBu contour on UHF, not the 41 dBu like full-power TV. Also, the rule is that the coverage areas have to overlap, not that the new transmitter site has to be within the coverage area of the old one. There is also a 30-mile limit on each such move.


Think we said the same thing here.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080
While this sounds wrong to do, nothing in FCC rules prevent it. It did sneak up.

LPTV and translator stations have no community of license coverage requirements. The original intent of this rule was that LPTV stations could, theoretically, serve a single neighborhood within a larger city, and so the community of license requirement could require a station to have to maintain a larger coverage than it would otherwise want to. Though that was the intent, we can all see what the outcome is.


Why curious? Wireless mics are secondary, that's why they were moved. The noise floor in BoA was too high to use WM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080
RF channels that were between 632-638 had to be moved at BoA.

This one I'm just curious about. Assuming the reference is to wireless microphones, those devices are secondary to TV licenses, such as WHEH-LD.

Read the FCC dismissal of WUCV-LP "Interference to WGHP is 1.3%"

Quote: Originally Posted by Theo1080
It excess the 1.0% interference rule

There is no 1% interference rule, so far as I know. LPTV stations can cause up to 0.5% interference to full-power stations

Ted Hand, CPBE. 8VSB, DRB, AMD
I was there on July 23, 1996...First DTV broadcast in the US..WRAL-HD

Amateur Radio - W9SOC

Theo1080 is offline  
post #10638 of 10650 Unread 11-21-2016, 08:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Trip in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA, US
Posts: 15,176
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080 View Post
I know the difference between a translator and a LPTV. It's not a legal term. If I give you a sheet of paper and say " go make a xerox of this" and copier is made by Canon, I don't say go make a Canon. Its just a term.
I wasn't trying to pick an argument. I was pointing it out for the benefit of people here who may not know. Though you and I (and Bob, and Tom, and a few others) are engineers, not all here are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080 View Post
Think we said the same thing here.....
Again, I wasn't arguing with you, I just spelled it out for those who don't know the rationale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080 View Post
Why curious? Wireless mics are secondary, that's why they were moved. The noise floor in BoA was too high to use WM.
You said "RF channels", and I usually associate the "channel" with TV and "frequency" with microphones. It threw me off, so I was wondering if you were referring to the channel of the microphones or to something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo1080 View Post
Read the FCC dismissal of WUCV-LP "Interference to WGHP is 1.3%"
Yes, but my point is that the rule is 0.5%, not 1%. It fails either way, of course.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Trip in VA is online now  
post #10639 of 10650 Unread 11-21-2016, 12:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I wonder if they are going to keep the Movies channel. Or perhaps they move Ion or one of the other channels to 55 instead.
Isn't Movies owned by Fox too?
blackcat7 is offline  
post #10640 of 10650 Unread 11-21-2016, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ybsane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat7 View Post
Isn't Movies owned by Fox too?
Yes they are.

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
ybsane is offline  
post #10641 of 10650 Unread 11-24-2016, 08:30 AM
A J
Advanced Member
 
A J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indian Trail, NC
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 32
WVEB-LD (logo displayed) or WMYA (according to my TiVo), whichever it is, has been coming in rock solid here in Indian Trail. 40.1 is my first exposure to Cozi TV. It has several oldie TV series which aren't on any other local channel (Adam 12, Charlie's Angles, Baywatch, Quantum Leap, etc). I haven't paid much attention to 40.2 thru 40.7, but 40.1 will account for a few recordings on my DVR.

I'm surprised that a low power Charlotte station reaches out this far (TV Fool shows 16.1 miles from the tower).
A J is online now  
post #10642 of 10650 Unread 11-24-2016, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
LMckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 593
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by A J View Post
WVEB-LD (logo displayed) or WMYA (according to my TiVo), whichever it is, has been coming in rock solid here in Indian Trail. 40.1 is my first exposure to Cozi TV. It has several oldie TV series which aren't on any other local channel (Adam 12, Charlie's Angles, Baywatch, Quantum Leap, etc). I haven't paid much attention to 40.2 thru 40.7, but 40.1 will account for a few recordings on my DVR.

I'm surprised that a low power Charlotte station reaches out this far (TV Fool shows 16.1 miles from the tower).
starting Monday Cozitv will have a schedule change as charlie angies will go off the scheudle for awhile. and the real Mccoys is back at 6am-7am and Long ranger from 7am-9am and Lassie 9am-10am Little house 10am-12pm and adam-12 12pm to 1pm and 1pm Hart to Hart
LMckin is offline  
post #10643 of 10650 Unread 11-24-2016, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 5,349
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by A J View Post
WVEB-LD (logo displayed) or WMYA (according to my TiVo), whichever it is, has been coming in rock solid here in Indian Trail. 40.1 is my first exposure to Cozi TV. It has several oldie TV series which aren't on any other local channel (Adam 12, Charlie's Angles, Baywatch, Quantum Leap, etc). I haven't paid much attention to 40.2 thru 40.7, but 40.1 will account for a few recordings on my DVR.

I'm surprised that a low power Charlotte station reaches out this far (TV Fool shows 16.1 miles from the tower).
The TiVo has the wrong channel listing. WMYA is channel 40.1 in Greenville-Spartanburg SC market, a MyTV affiliate. Not the low power 40.1 which should be WVEB in Charlotte.
tylerSC is offline  
post #10644 of 10650 Unread 11-25-2016, 08:49 AM
A J
Advanced Member
 
A J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indian Trail, NC
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
The TiVo has the wrong channel listing. WMYA is channel 40.1 in Greenville-Spartanburg SC market, a MyTV affiliate. Not the low power 40.1 which should be WVEB in Charlotte.
Thanks Tyler. I just submitted a Lineup Issue Report on TiVo's website stating the info you provided. Hopefully they can get the program guide corrected soon. While the incorrect program info is listed for 40.1, I can set time-based recordings for Baywatch, etc (like we did in the olden VCR days), rather than just clicking on 40.1's guide listing.
A J is online now  
post #10645 of 10650 Unread 11-25-2016, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
ejb1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vermont
Posts: 827
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
One thing I don't like is all these low power FM stations causing interference. You can't get B-93.7 or My 102.5 in Charlotte, Gastonia, or even parts of Cleveland County anymore. And there is now bad interference with WLNK-107.9 in Greenville, SC and 102.9 the Lake in Spartanburg. I get WLNK fine at the house including HD, but in the car it is no longer clear. Makes no sense for a weak station to mutually interfere with a strong full power distant station that used to be clear, regardless of the market boundary. I know WLNK is on the WBTV tower and my TV antenna in the attic pick it up, as well as rabbit ears in the bonus room. But the car radio is a mess.
This is a nationwide problem. So many translators for HD2, HD3, AM stations, and LP's do nothing but clog the dial in most places. I simply do not understand why it's allowed.

Sorry for the out of market, off topic reply but it really irritates me too! Traveling up and down the east coast for a couple years it is shocking what is allowed to happen on radio. I hope TV never becomes that way!

Last edited by ejb1980; 11-25-2016 at 12:23 PM.
ejb1980 is offline  
post #10646 of 10650 Unread 12-06-2016, 06:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anyone seen any recent TV ratings for the local news?
blackcat7 is offline  
post #10647 of 10650 Unread 12-06-2016, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 5,349
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat7 View Post
Has anyone seen any recent TV ratings for the local news?
Mark Washburn had report last week in the Charlotte Observer. Big news is WCNC is finally gaining a bit, and WJZY improving at 10pm. WSOC regained the lead over WBTV.
tylerSC is offline  
post #10648 of 10650 Unread Yesterday, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 5,349
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 157
When did they change the set of the CBS Evening News? Just saw Scott Pelley standing in front of a big video screen, with no desk or chair. I certainly liked the previous newsroom set much better, with the traditional desk and chair.
tylerSC is offline  
post #10649 of 10650 Unread Yesterday, 08:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Zaxcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
When did they change the set of the CBS Evening News? Just saw Scott Pelley standing in front of a big video screen, with no desk or chair. I certainly liked the previous newsroom set much better, with the traditional desk and chair.
On Monday. Using the CBS Morning Show set from here out.
Zaxcom is offline  
post #10650 of 10650 Unread Today, 01:42 PM
A J
Advanced Member
 
A J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indian Trail, NC
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 32
During Monday evening's broadcast Scott Pelley explained the change. They had used the Studio 57 set (site of CBS This Morning) on election night and had liked it so much, they decided to switch to it for the evening news.

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2016/1...o-57-official/
A J is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off