DISH 6000 - how to get install done? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-18-2001, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anybody tell me of a good DISH network installer in the Tampa bay area? I tried this on another board, and thought I'd try here. I'd like to get a DISH 6000 system installed, and the story I get from DISH is: buy the reciever, call us, we'll send someone to come out and install it, bring the satellite dishes, etc. Sears told me the same thing. I would like to have one dealer who will sell me everyting and install it. Is that possible? Also, I had seen various references to a free install, and DISH tells me that doesn't apply to the HDTV installations. True? Maybe I'm just making this too complicated. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/eek.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-18-2001, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

If your a new DISH customer you WILL get free install! You also will get a $199 discount off the DISH 6000 system as well. DO NOT get your install done by a DISH or Sears installer! They are terrible and don't have a vested interest in doing the job correctly! Do as you are intending to do and get a local dealer who will sell you the equipment and install it. He has a vested interest as it's his companies reputation on the line! Just call the DISH 800 number and there is an option to get a list of 5 or so dealers in your area. It will give you phone numbers and addresses of these local dealers.

------------------
------------------
My DVD/LD List My Equipment List
post #3 of 8 Old 07-18-2001, 11:24 PM
Advanced Member

and if you are handy at all, you can do it yourself. It is a learning experience and kinda fun. But it is not for everyone.
post #4 of 8 Old 07-19-2001, 05:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Call Mark from DishDepot. www.dishdepot.com Great guy, good company, lots of happy customers on this forum.
When you tell him you are from Lutz, he might even go there himself and play 18 at the TPC after the install.
baimo
post #5 of 8 Old 07-19-2001, 10:42 AM

I just bought my 6000 system from Sears but made them do a price match on an Internet dealer's price. Installation never came up.

Is there a way I can still get it installed through Dish? I have installed the system but need someone to come and tweak it because I am having trouble with the 110 bird.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Your Technology Source for tech news, reviews, software and much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Reliable. Professional. Business. Web hosting.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-19-2001, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Seeing as you bought through Sears good luck trying to get a local dealer to come out and help you out! You should have bought through the local dealer to start with and they would have done a FREE install for you. Installers through DISH are as bad as the ones Sears uses (alot of times Sears uses the DISH installers anyways) so don't expect nearly the quality that you would have received from a local DISH dealer!

------------------
------------------
My DVD/LD List My Equipment List
post #7 of 8 Old 07-21-2001, 08:57 PM

Sounds a little like sour grapes Frank.

Some people like to do things hands-on and we got the system up and working fine this afternoon. As I had suspected, the 110 side of the twin LNBF was bad and when I got a replacement it worked fine.

I was asking more out of curiosity than anything in the event it turned out my dx was wrong and it was actually an install rather than a hardware problem keeping me from getting 110.

So, now I am happy and I saved enough money to pay for my service for a few months.

: Your Technology Source for tech news, reviews, software and much more!

- Reliable. Professional. Business. Web hosting.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-22-2001, 08:01 PM
Tex

Install tip for you Do-IT-Yourselfers.

Borrow a baby monitor and place it in front of the TV. Now you can move the dish and listen to the tone. Instead of you wife yelling out the window!
That's how some of us started before there were cheap meters.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page