I am having reception problems with over-the-air HD reception. I am getting large amounts of pixelation happening intermittently. It does seem to stop sometimes when the power source is changed but then it comes back. Some channels are worse than others but each channel has been affected at times, the following is a list of what I have tried.
- The Antenna guy has been out to my house twice. He says the signal I receive from all of the channels is "text book". Not to strong, no drops in signal he said it is the best signal he has seen since setting up HD antennas. He has swapped out the antenna and the cable from the antenna. His receiver did not seem to have the problems mine did although there were a couple of blips on his too.
- I have tried two different Mits HD-400 receivers. The first was bad because it would pixelate on everything DSS and over-the-air channels. When I swapped out the first box it cleared up all of my DSS issues but not the Antenna issues. HBOHD is now perfect so is regular DSS.
- I have tried the HD-100 from Sony and it had the same problems, only a little magnified. Channel 5 would cut out most of the time and the receiver would spend more time on the dialog box "searching for digital signal" than showing pictures.
- I have tried a cheapo 6db signal attenuator to make sure the signal is not too strong. I also bought an $18 UHF double bow Antenna and attached it to the attenuator. No help. Channel 5 was still terrible and I couldn't get channel 13 because it is a longer distance from my house.
- The Antenna guy then suggested it is the power in my house. I took it out of the powerstrip and plugged the receiver straight to the wall. It seemed to work but 30 minutes later the pixelation came back. I then put an extension cord out my window and into my garage and plugged it in to the washing machine's dedicated circuit to make sure it wasn't the circuit upstairs. Still the pixelation came back.
At this point I am at a loss of what to do. I am still going to have an electrician come out and check my breaker box just to make sure that there is not any problems but no other electronics in my house have any issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.