Closed Thread

post #31 of 33 Old 09-10-2001, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Major Astro:

Here is my experience. Searching old posts just doesn't cut it.
I tend to disagree. I lurked here for over a year but did not begin to participate until I purchased my HDTV a couple of months ago. From searching, I found an overwhelming amount of information especially pertaining to local Atlanta issues. I actually believe I obtained more inofo from reading older posts than posting newer ones. Like others have said, some issues have been covered too many times so to really find good info you might have to go back a few months. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 09-18-2001, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I am a newbie to HDTV, having devoted most of my attention to HT audio and my Tivo since joining the forum last year. Getting an HDTV is the next logical step for me.

I certainly hope that this forum is not running out of topics for discussion, because I have learned a great deal about hardware, HD programming, and what's available and what's coming in the future. I especially check for industry or "inside" information on the technology that I cannot easily find elsewhere. Keep it coming, guys.

I agree wholeheartedly with Burke that AVS is one of the friendliest on the net. We all know of those other forums on the net that get creepy because of the hardcore members who love to pounce on the uninitiated. I have seen a couple of posts here by veterans who too sharply admonish newbies to do a search, etc. Mainly, I think it's a temporary loss of patience rather than any intent to be rude. However, I think you can be positive and say something like, "try using some keywords in the search feature. You can find valuable information from older or archived threads."

JR
post #33 of 33 Old 09-18-2001, 10:22 PM

I think, perhaps, the hardest part about just sending newbies to a search is that they may not know what to search for, or possibly the correct terminology.

When I was a newbie, I always appreciated when people responded with specific links, or even simply a good set of terms to search for.

Hmmm.... I appear to have self-proclaimed my graduation from newbiehttp://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif Does the FAQ list the graduation standards for this forum?

------------------
DVI/HDCP makes your HDTV not ready

Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page