Palm Springs, CA - HDTV - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #271 of 276 Old 04-13-2017, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I see PBS SoCal KOCE from Orange County is now providing a full 1080i HD signal into the Coachella Valley on 17-1 KODG-LP. Yeah!

Now if we could just get the greedy b******* of New-Press & Gazette to provide an HD signal for CBS!
Weaselboy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 276 Old 05-07-2017, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhhyde View Post
I see PBS SoCal KOCE from Orange County is now providing a full 1080i HD signal into the Coachella Valley on 17-1 KODG-LP. Yeah!

Now if we could just get the greedy b******* of New-Press & Gazette to provide an HD signal for CBS!
Do you get this channel clearly? I get a lot of video and audio break-up. Sometimes the video and audio will even repeat itself for a few seconds. I was wondering if I need to get an outdoor antenna or if the problem is on their end. I didn't have this problem before they started transmitting in HD.
post #273 of 276 Old 05-08-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royotto1 View Post
Do you get this channel clearly? I get a lot of video and audio break-up. Sometimes the video and audio will even repeat itself for a few seconds. I was wondering if I need to get an outdoor antenna or if the problem is on their end. I didn't have this problem before they started transmitting in HD.
i also have occasional breakups and the sound sometimes sounds a little clipped. i need to get up on the roof and re-aim the antenna. the problem with this channel is their transmitter location is almost 90 degrees more south than all the other stations on edom hill. when the picture isn't breaking up it is most excellent. i think it's full 1080i without any compression.

and i'll repeat my complaint about the greedy b******* of News-Press & Gazette not providing an HD signal for CBS! instead, a crap 24 hour news channel of stale local broadcasts. it's broadcasters like this that drive people to find alternate solutions. can anyone say Bitt0rr3nt?

Last edited by jhhyde; 05-08-2017 at 06:57 AM.

post #274 of 276 Old 05-08-2017, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhhyde View Post
i also have occasional breakups and the sound sometimes sounds a little clipped. i need to get up on the roof and re-aim the antenna. the problem with this channel is their transmitter location is almost 90 degrees more south than all the other stations on edom hill. when the picture isn't breaking up it is most excellent. i think it's full 1080i without any compression.

and i'll repeat my complaint about the greedy b******* of News-Press & Gazette not providing an HD signal for CBS! instead, a crap 24 hour news channel of stale local broadcasts. it's broadcasters like this that drive people to find alternate solutions. can anyone say Bitt0rr3nt?
Thanks for your reply.

I definitely agree with you about their use of the HD channel to broadcast local news rather than CBS network programs. I don't understand why they would do that. The local news coverage here is kind of pathetic anyway, mostly car accidents and crime. Are the ratings for that channel better than CBS? Maybe it's so they can have more time for local commercials.
post #275 of 276 Old 05-09-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royotto1 View Post
Thanks for your reply.

I definitely agree with you about their use of the HD channel to broadcast local news rather than CBS network programs. I don't understand why they would do that. The local news coverage here is kind of pathetic anyway, mostly car accidents and crime. Are the ratings for that channel better than CBS? Maybe it's so they can have more time for local commercials.
their cost is basically nil since they are recycling previous news broadcasts from several other channels they control.

which is fine, make your money, but why waste the technology of hi-def to show stale news. news that is already stale on the originating channels because they show the same thing there repeatedly throughout the day. that's what you get when one company has a monopoly. News-Press Gazette basically controls the news on ABC, FOX, CBS and the CW and more.

KESQ (ABC), Palm Springs (Desert), CA
KESQ (ABC)
KDFX (FOX)
CBS Local 2
KCWQ (CW)
KUNA (Telemundo)
KUNA-FM
KESQ-AM
Desert News Now

- See more at: http://www.npgco.com/business-units/....WU1w7Pu3.dpuf
post #276 of 276 Old 05-18-2017, 10:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I see that some diginets have moved around (per rabbitears)

MeTV is now on KMIR-DT2 (36-2) which moved Movies! to 36-3
Heroes & Icons is now on KRET-LD 45-1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page