Dallas, TX - HDTV - Page 258 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

post #7711 of 7713 Old 04-09-2015, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_in_tx View Post
Was it your receiver or theirs? Since the local stations make them all pay for carrying, they want to collect that fee and profit from everyone they can.
It was mine. Back when I first signed up for Dish they sold receivers the way AT&T sells cell phones: sign a contract and the equipment is yours once the contract is up.

I still have it - an old 301 - but of course there's no use for it now. The new one - a 311 - is theirs and since I'm not on a contract any more, I guess it always will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_in_tx View Post
I remember 10 or so years ago a friend that had Dish and lived in NE Garland wanted the locals, but Dish couldn't provide them since he was in a Zip code that should be able to receive with an antenna. He really couldn't receive squat for OTA even with his antenna on a 40' push-up pole, because he's down in a hole out by Firewheel golf course.
Hard to believe there was a time when you couldn't get locals by satellite if you had the option of an antenna (even if that option was only theoretical), and now you have to take them whether you want them or not. Strange how things have changed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7712 of 7713 Old 04-25-2015, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 268
They're back on now, but once again a bit of weather knocked K31GL out of commission for most of the morning
post #7713 of 7713 Old 04-25-2015, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Oh yeah.. Retro on 31.4. It's been so unreliable I'd just about forgotten about it. Guess I'll tune in while it's up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page