Dallas, TX - HDTV - Page 260 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 30Likes

post #7771 of 7782 Old 06-20-2015, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_in_tx View Post
"Monster Garage"and "Monster House " on BUZZR? What happened to the game shows?
I would definitely call them game shows since the contestants had to complete the project to win the prizes at the end. Big plus: both shows are owned by Freemantle, the company behind Buzzr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7772 of 7782 Old 06-27-2015, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Last night for brief time KXII in Oklahoma was coming in pretty strong when a cold front blew in. Was just long enough for one of my DTVPals to lock on to KXII and automatically add it to memory, coming in off the back of my TV antenna at 68-72 sig quality, then it faded away. Now I get to go in and delete KXII again from memory.
post #7773 of 7782 Old 06-28-2015, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Revn 26.4 ?

I am finding REVN 26.4 when looking at programming for DFW on Titantv but have never found it on any of my OTA tuners, even after doing a channel scan. My CM3018 antenna is on a mast pointing towards the Cedar Hill towers. Will I ever see this station in my current configuration? I am in Richardson. Thanks in advance!
post #7774 of 7782 Old 06-28-2015, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLWTX View Post
I am finding REVN 26.4 when looking at programming for DFW on Titantv but have never found it on any of my OTA tuners, even after doing a channel scan. My CM3018 antenna is on a mast pointing towards the Cedar Hill towers. Will I ever see this station in my current configuration? I am in Richardson. Thanks in advance!
I receive KODF 26.4 with a "91" sig. quality and I'm near 635 and I-35E so you may have a multipath problem. Can you move the antenna mast a few feet side to side to try and find a better signal?

btw REV'N on 26.4 still has the aspect ratio problem, with a squeezed picture. I have to use the "stretch" mode to see it properly. Wish they'd fix that.
post #7775 of 7782 Old 06-28-2015, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_in_tx View Post
I receive KODF 26.4 with a "91" sig. quality and I'm near 635 and I-35E so you may have a multipath problem. Can you move the antenna mast a few feet side to side to try and find a better signal?

btw REV'N on 26.4 still has the aspect ratio problem, with a squeezed picture. I have to use the "stretch" mode to see it properly. Wish they'd fix that.
Thanks for the confirmation that the signal is out there! I can rotate the antenna to see if I am just missing it or go higher I guess. Already mounted to my chimney at round 25-30 feet from ground level.
post #7776 of 7782 Old 06-28-2015, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Already mounted to my chimney at round 25-30 feet from ground level.
Move it around to the other side of the chimney...?
post #7777 of 7782 Old 06-28-2015, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation that the signal is out there! I can rotate the antenna to see if I am just missing it or go higher I guess. Already mounted to my chimney at round 25-30 feet from ground level.
Don't be afraid to experiment. I actually got better reception by lowering my antenna a foot or two, and aiming it somewhat away from Cedar Hill.

My theory for why this helped: Lowering the antenna reduced some ground reflections, and aiming it away from Cedar Hill reduced some troublesome reflections from the other side. But that's mostly guesswork; I have no easy way to confirm what's going on.
post #7778 of 7782 Old 06-29-2015, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
Don't be afraid to experiment. I actually got better reception by lowering my antenna a foot or two, and aiming it somewhat away from Cedar Hill.

My theory for why this helped: Lowering the antenna reduced some ground reflections, and aiming it away from Cedar Hill reduced some troublesome reflections from the other side. But that's mostly guesswork; I have no easy way to confirm what's going on.
The FCC has pretty much left it up to the consumer, no matter the level of (or lack of) expertise, to figure all of this out...

Cable Channel Choice is the only choice I want to make !!
post #7779 of 7782 Old 06-29-2015, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
My hope for a sci-fi diginet has come to fruition.

Quote:
MGM and Sinclair Television Group this fall will launch a digital over-the-air network with science-fiction programming from the MGM library such as Dead Like Me and Stargate.

The not-yet-named channel is so far cleared on stations reaching 30% of U.S. television homes with more expected to be announced.

MGM will program the network.
http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/8...inet?nocookies

Now, I hope a DFW station will pick it up.
post #7780 of 7782 Old 07-18-2015, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
For those of you with outside mounted masts/antennas, do you have your antenna grounded, and if so, how did you do so? I'm noting reception issues now on some of my network channels with trees in full bloom that I haven't noted previously, specifically 27.1 and during most recent weather, 8.1 and 11.1 (as I recall) were pixelating and these have not been issues in the past. My attic mounted RS VHF/UHF antenna (full size) is hanging by string as opposed to being pole mounted in the attic and is in the SW corner of the attic where it is difficult to get to now that I've added additional insulation (blown).
post #7781 of 7782 Old 07-18-2015, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 295
I got about 25 feet of some heavy-gauge (I think #4 or #6 ) copper wire at Lowe's and bolted the bottom end to a grounding strap on my electric meter. (Our electrical wires are underground, so the big metal conduit pipe goes straight from the electric meter into the ground.) The other end of the copper wire goes through a grounding block and then is wrapped around one of the bolts holding the antenna tripod to the roof. Finally, there's a cable from the antenna to the grounding block, and another from the grounding block leading into the house.

That seems like it should be good enough, but I don't know of a way to test whether my grounding is adequate.
post #7782 of 7782 Old Today, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Was going to recommend a HBU33 Antennacraft antenna to a friend nearby at Northaven and Marsh La. Seems his Winegard isn't performing up to task. But from the looks of it, Antenncraft has discontinued everything. I guess out of business. Anyone know what happened?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception