Dallas, TX - HDTV - Page 278 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 49Likes

Old 07-10-2016, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
Actually, ever since the server failure on May 19, I've been on a temporary server that is actually unrelated to the hardware hosting that message board. I'm hoping the original server is repaired some time soon.

- Trip
You have a great site, thanks for the Uncle Martin Antenna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1094 Post(s)
Liked: 602
Looks like Retro TV's problems go beyond losing Mako-owned affiliates. I was in Oklahoma last weekend and discovered KTUL has switched their 8.3 subchannel from Retro to Antenna TV.

I didn't do an exhaustive search of either Tulsa or OKC TV stations, so I suppose it's possible that Retro popped up somewhere else; but given what's been going on here, it doesn't seem likely. They probably can only afford carriage by the cheapest (and in our case, poorly run) LPTV stations now.

To be blunt I don't expect Retro to last much longer. They really took a hit when they lost access to the NBC Universal shows several years ago, but when they added Doctor Who and MST3K, I thought they might make a comeback. But with so many other classic TV diginets on the air by then (Cozi, Decades, Antenna, and MeTV of course), I guess it was too little too late.

Last edited by JHBrandt; Yesterday at 08:04 PM.
Old Today, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Retro TV: There's just no substitute for Off Beat Cinema, and the local "Mighty Taco" and "Terrapin Station" ads from Buffalo NY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement