Forum Jump: 
 63Likes

post #8581 of 8585 Old 06-11-2017, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 88
KVFW SQ going between 51-53 and 0. Just below the minimum needed to get a lock if there's anything to lock on to.

When I used to be able to receive KVFW 6 to 9 months ago it would be between 60 and 68 and stable. That correlates pretty much to Bob's graphs too, when his average SQ was above 60.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8582 of 8585 Old 06-19-2017, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Should I get a roof or attic (powered) antenna. My small 14 dollar one is sub par...(100-200 dollar range)
post #8583 of 8585 Old 06-20-2017, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1669 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Maybe, maybe not - can you post a TVFool.com report (or a link to one) for your address?

post #8584 of 8585 Old 06-20-2017, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1669 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
KNAV has filed to modify the CP described above. The modified CP retains the digital transmitter, but uses their existing antenna. I couldn't find an interference study in KNAV's application, but the radiation pattern of their existing antenna should avoid interference with both KUVN-CA (when the latter moves to RF 22 as part of the spectrum repack) and KETK in Tyler.

So it looks like KNAV is planning to stay on RF 22 after all; they're just trimming back how much of the metroplex they'll cover.
CP modification approved by the FCC, so maybe they'll be back on the air "in living digital" before too long.

Edit: Incidentally, I just learned that they've been back on the air for a couple of weeks now, but they're still broadcasting in analog.

Here's a coverage map from Trip's rabbitears.info: https://www.rabbitears.info/contour....&lprw=N&head=Y. And here's a coverage map of KUVN-CA (currently on RF 47 but moving to RF 22): https://www.rabbitears.info/contour....&lprw=N&head=Y. To me it looks like the "blue" boundary of each one overlaps the "purple" boundary of the other some, so KNAV will probably need to make further changes (to avoid interfering with KUVN-CA) at some point. But it works for the moment.

Last edited by JHBrandt; 06-22-2017 at 07:24 PM.
post #8585 of 8585 Old Today, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I got tired of my relative in far NW Garland, 34 miles from Cedar Hill, not being able to get CH. 8 or CH. 13 reliably with an indoor amplified RCA antenna. So I opened up an RCA ANT 751, and plugged it into the amplifier, and propped it up on the floor behind the entertainment center, and the relative now gets CH. 8 & 13, as well as 4,5,11, and other channels.

I had wanted to mount the ANT751 in the attic, above the entertainment center, but there were weird boarded up areas, that I'm no mood to cut through. Until I can pay for someone to do the work to mount it and run cable, this will do. If it was my house, yes, I would mount that ANT751 inside, from the vaulted ceiling.

Cable Channel Choice is the only choice I want to make !!

Last edited by See The Light; Today at 10:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception