68Likes

post #8671 of 8676 Old 09-05-2017, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_in_tx View Post
I haven't noticed any particular audio distortion on 21.2 but I recall someone else mentioned that a while back. I will listen closer. (Batman and Svengoolie sounded fine last Sat.)

Only thing odd I see with 21.2 is when the go back to the MeTV network after local insertion of ads, it takes about a second or two to sync back up. I guess their time bases aren't locked or sync'd together or close enough to lock fast without seeing it.

Watching 27.4 now for 10 min and not one glitch seen. 98-100 signal in NW Dallas. If you see that on other stations too maybe a local interference source.
Thank you ed_in_tx.

I've noticed the audio distortion on Leave It to Beaver and The Outer Limits.

The visual noise pattern seems to show up after changing to 27.4. I'll have to see if I can capture an image some time and determine if it happens on both devices or is exclusive to one of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8672 of 8676 Old 09-06-2017, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1750 Post(s)
Liked: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
[KWDA/30 d]ied again today, at about 10:45 AM.

Edit: Still off the air as of Sept. 4. Not that I really expected them to work on it over the long weekend.
Came back on about 11 AM today, 6 days almost to the hour after they went off. Still on RF 21. Maybe the staff just decided to shut down and take a vacation over the long weekend
post #8673 of 8676 Old 09-07-2017, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
Well, it looks like KATA (channel 50) went off the air today at about 10:35 AM. Probably for good (unless they just had a technical glitch of some sort).

Channel 31 never came back after shutting down for KHPK to move to RF 10. So it looks like the only source left for Hot TV is channel 22's snowy analog signal.
K31GL apparently will be off for a while. The FCC has granted them silent status authority. The issue is the repack. K31GL was in a combined UHF broadband array with co-owned KHPK-LD. To accomplish KHPK-LD's rebuild to VHF, the UHF panel shared between them was removed and replaced with KHPK-LD's VHF antenna. So, K31GL will be off until either they get a new UHF antenna or it is rebuilt on a new post-repack channel, according to their filing.

post #8674 of 8676 Old 09-07-2017, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldevns View Post
That's incorrect. KDFI is still a My Network TV station and will still run their programming.
They have, however, shifted My Network TV to 8-10pm instead of 7-9pm.

The Fox 4 More designation is just branding, likely to more closely align it with its sister station.
Correct. Fox has been rebranding their second stations to a variant of the co-owned Fox station in the market. Independent KICU 36 was rebranded "KTVU Plus" after sister Fox affiliate KTVU 2 in San Francisco. MyNetworkTV KUTP 45 Phoenix is now "Fox 10 Xtra" after co-owned KSAZ 10. My WDCA 20 Washington is now "Fox 5 Plus" after co-owned WTTG 5. My WFTC 29 Minneapolis is now "Fox 9+" after co-owned KMSP 9 there.

All those other stations got newscasts from the sister Fox stations as part of the rebranding. KSAZ has a on-line stream called "Fox 10 News Now" during the work day that now simulcasts on KUTP for a couple of hours. The other stations got newscasts branded after the Fox station in hours where the Fox station doesn't run news. So, it will be interesting to see if Fox puts a new Fox 4-branded newscast on KDFI at some point (maybe a 7PM newscast since the My programming got timeshifted to 8-10?).
post #8675 of 8676 Old 09-07-2017, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKelley View Post
K31GL apparently will be off for a while.... K31GL was in a combined UHF broadband array with co-owned KHPK-LD. To accomplish KHPK-LD's rebuild to VHF, the UHF panel shared between them was removed and replaced with KHPK-LD's VHF antenna. So, K31GL will be off until either they get a new UHF antenna or it is rebuilt on a new post-repack channel, according to their filing.
Thanks! That's pretty much what I suspected. K31GL and KHPK were both at 330 meters on the same tower, and the new KHPK VHF antenna is at 320 meters, so I figured the antenna at 330 meters probably had to go.

What surprised me is that they killed both K31GL and KATA (who sold their license in the auction) without moving Hot-TV to another channel on one of their other stations (KHPK, KODF, and KJJM are still on the air) and without waiting for KNAV to switch to digital. Doesn't seem like the best planning.

K31GL does have an old CP to operate on RF 33 using KODF's antenna. Theoretically, that CP should have been cancelled years ago, but the FCC Query still lists it, so I suppose that would be one option for them to get back on before mid-2019 . Edit: Looking through the LMS search, seems they tried that already and were rebuffed by the FCC. Don't know why the old CP still shows up on the query.

I suppose they could refile for essentially the same CP; after all, the circumstances that justified the original CP still exist (they would have less ACI on RF 33 than on RF 31). But I don't mind if they stay off the air, as long as Mako puts Hot-TV on a digital channel somewhere.

Last edited by JHBrandt; 09-14-2017 at 09:00 AM.
post #8676 of 8676 Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I know most folks in Dallas can't receive it anyway, but it looks like KPFW/18's transmitter is frying. Shortly after 5PM it started shutting down, then starting back up for a short while, then shutting down again. The intervals between restarts are getting longer too.

Edit: Looks like it gave up the ghost completely about 5:30 this morning.

Last edited by JHBrandt; Today at 07:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page