Boone/Hickory, NC - Charter - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #451 of 521 Old 11-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Senior Member
 
mcy919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blowing Rock, NC
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Before I went to sleep late last night, all of the channels below 100 on Charter in Boone (except the digital-only Hallmark Channel) were still in analog on my digital box. This morning, I woke up and discovered that nearly ALL of the channels are now in digital! The only one still in analog is QVC on channel 711, but it is in digital on channel 12. I also have a separate cable hooked up directly to my TV and all of those analog channels are still there as well. But, Charter customers with digital boxes (at least in my area) now get an added bonus!
mcy919 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 521 Old 11-14-2011, 04:38 PM
 
Umatter2Charter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Town & Country, MO
Posts: 1,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcy919 View Post

Before I went to sleep late last night, all of the channels below 100 on Charter in Boone (except the digital-only Hallmark Channel) were still in analog on my digital box. This morning, I woke up and discovered that nearly ALL of the channels are now in digital! The only one still in analog is QVC on channel 711, but it is in digital on channel 12. I also have a separate cable hooked up directly to my TV and all of those analog channels are still there as well. But, Charter customers with digital boxes (at least in my area) now get an added bonus!

Glad to see that you are happy with the new digital channels! If you have any questions or concerns that we can assit you with, please let us know!

Thank you,

Jeremy
Umatter2Charter is offline  
post #453 of 521 Old 11-14-2011, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bdfox18doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Too bad there is not a Umatter2TWC here on AVS..

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the FOX,ABC,CBS,or CW Networks,MeTv, my employer or its parent company. Nor my wife for that matter!
bdfox18doe is online now  
post #454 of 521 Old 11-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Senior Member
 
mcy919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blowing Rock, NC
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post

Glad to see that you are happy with the new digital channels! If you have any questions or concerns that we can assit you with, please let us know!

Thank you,

Jeremy

I appreciate it, and there actually is one concern I have. A handful of the local/network stations appear to have static on them, especially WCYB and WJHL. However, those two stations are out-of-market and I don't know if the picture or reception can be improved on them. I only mentioned it because Charter in Boone doesn't carry HD feeds of those stations, which is understandable. Other than that, I am VERY happy with the switch to all digital!
mcy919 is offline  
post #455 of 521 Old 11-14-2011, 07:35 PM
 
Umatter2Charter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Town & Country, MO
Posts: 1,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcy919 View Post

I appreciate it, and there actually is one concern I have. A handful of the local/network stations appear to have static on them, especially WCYB and WJHL. However, those two stations are out-of-market and I don't know if the picture or reception can be improved on them. I only mentioned it because Charter in Boone doesn't carry HD feeds of those stations, which is understandable. Other than that, I am VERY happy with the switch to all digital!

I am not sure what you mean by out of market. Are you trying to pick those up OTA or is the static on them while connected to the cable? Can you give me specifics on which channels are getting the static?

Thanks,

Jeremy
Umatter2Charter is offline  
post #456 of 521 Old 11-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Senior Member
 
mcy919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blowing Rock, NC
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post

I am not sure what you mean by out of market. Are you trying to pick those up OTA or is the static on them while connected to the cable? Can you give me specifics on which channels are getting the static?

Thanks,

Jeremy

WCYB (channel 5 - NBC) and WJHL (channel 11 - CBS) are part of Charter's channel lineup in my area, but they actually serve the Tri-Cities area of Tennessee. The television stations from Charlotte, NC serve this area and are the only ones that Charter of Boone carries in HD. WCYB and WJHL are the ones that have the most noticeable "static" on them, and it is unfortunate since they are only carried in SD and are major network stations.
mcy919 is offline  
post #457 of 521 Old 11-14-2011, 07:56 PM
 
Umatter2Charter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Town & Country, MO
Posts: 1,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcy919 View Post

WCYB (channel 5 - NBC) and WJHL (channel 11 - CBS) are part of Charter's channel lineup in my area, but they actually serve the Tri-Cities area of Tennessee. The television stations from Charlotte, NC serve this area and are the only ones that Charter of Boone carries in HD. WCYB and WJHL are the ones that have the most noticeable "static" on them, and it is unfortunate since they are only carried in SD and are major network stations.

Weird, I would think that if it was static on the channels for everyone we would have heard more about it. I am going to push this to PM so we can troubleshoot this with you.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Umatter2Charter is offline  
post #458 of 521 Old 12-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Newbie
 
tomluck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Tivo guide last night was showing quite a list of new HD channels here in Hickory, although we can't receive them just yet. (That has been the case in the past as well; it takes a few days.) My cable box does not yet recognize them. Care to share the big news with us?
tomluck is offline  
post #459 of 521 Old 12-06-2011, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
blackcap93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas, NC
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
22 new HD channels were added today:

744 E! HD (Expanded Basic)
745 Style HD (Expanded Basic)
746 Oxygen HD (Expanded Basic)
750 LMN HD (Digital View)
757 Disney XD HD (Expanded Basic)
758 Nickelodeon HD (Expanded Basic)
759 Cartoon Network HD (Expanded Basic)
760 ABC Family HD (Expanded Basic)
764 Travel Channel HD (Expanded Basic)
769 Investigation Discovery HD (Digital View Plus)
771 Turner Classic Movies HD (Expanded Basic)
772 AMC HD (Expanded Basic)
774 truTV HD (Expanded Basic)
775 OWN HD (Digital View Plus)
790 MSNBC HD (Expanded Basic)
791 HLN HD (Expanded Basic)
810 ESPNU HD (Sports View)
844 Spike HD (Expanded Basic)
875 VH1 HD (Expanded Basic)
876 CMT HD (Expanded Basic)
877 BET HD (Expanded Basic)
894 Epix HD (Premium)
blackcap93 is online now  
post #460 of 521 Old 12-06-2011, 01:36 PM
 
Umatter2Charter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Town & Country, MO
Posts: 1,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomluck View Post

My Tivo guide last night was showing quite a list of new HD channels here in Hickory, although we can't receive them just yet. (That has been the case in the past as well; it takes a few days.) My cable box does not yet recognize them. Care to share the big news with us?

Hi tomluck,

I checked the lineup in Hickory and that the following HD channel adds and migrations are set to be effective today December 6, 2011:
  • Turner Classic Movies moves from channel 61 to channel 59 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • The Golf Channel moves to channel 37 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • Versus moves to channel 38 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • Style moves to channel 25 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • TV Land moves from channel 59 to channel 61
  • E! HD - channel 744 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • Style HD - channel 745 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • Oxygen HD - channel 746 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • Nickelodeon HD East - channel758 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • ABC Family HD - channel 760 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • Cartoon Network - channel 759 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • Turner Classic Movies - channel 771 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • Travel Channel HD - channel 764 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • AMC HD - channel 772 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • TruTV HD - channel 774 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • OWN HD - channel 775 (Dig View Plus HD Only)
  • ESPN U HD - channel 810 (Digital View HD Only and Sportview HD Only)
  • Lifetime Movie Network HD - channel 750 Digital View HD Only)
  • MSNBC HD - channel 790 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • HLN HD - channel 791 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • VH1 HD East - channel 875 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • Spike TV HD East - channel 844 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • CMT HD East - channel 876 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • BET HD - channel 877 (Exp Basic HD Only)
  • Investigation Discovery HD - channel 769 (Dig View Plus HD Only)
  • EPIX HD - channel 894 (HD Premium)
  • Disney XD HD - channel 757 (Exp Basic HD Only)

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

-Abby
Umatter2Charter is offline  
post #461 of 521 Old 12-30-2011, 01:31 AM
Member
 
Birds Nest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Newland, NC
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Why is it that Charter is adding all kinds of new HD channels to places like Hickory and Boone, and yet they won't even bother to put HD here in Avery County? Obviously, not all customers are valued the same.

Johnny
Birds Nest is offline  
post #462 of 521 Old 12-30-2011, 07:54 AM
 
Umatter2Charter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Town & Country, MO
Posts: 1,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birds Nest View Post

Why is it that Charter is adding all kinds of new HD channels to places like Hickory and Boone, and yet they won't even bother to put HD here in Avery County? Obviously, not all customers are valued the same.

Johnny


Good morning Johnny,

As of July there were no plans to expand those services in your area. I have reached out to local for an update.


George
Umatter2Charter is offline  
post #463 of 521 Old 12-30-2011, 12:06 PM
 
Umatter2Charter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Town & Country, MO
Posts: 1,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Good afternoon Johnny,

There are still bandwidth limitations in your area at this time. We do not have plans in place to make upgrades at this time.

George
Umatter2Charter is offline  
post #464 of 521 Old 12-30-2011, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bdfox18doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 56
It's simple economics..the cost to add additional bandwidth via plant and system upgrades vs increased revenues based on projected demand..has a negative return on investment.

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the FOX,ABC,CBS,or CW Networks,MeTv, my employer or its parent company. Nor my wife for that matter!
bdfox18doe is online now  
post #465 of 521 Old 05-07-2012, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
blackcap93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas, NC
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
blackcap93 is online now  
post #466 of 521 Old 05-07-2012, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
blackcap93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas, NC
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Here are the new Hickory-area lineups effective June 5:

Burke County

Hickory/Taylorsville

Lenoir

Lincolnton/Dallas/High Shoals

Visit http://www.charter.com/futuretv for more information.
blackcap93 is online now  
post #467 of 521 Old 05-07-2012, 02:06 PM
 
Umatter2Charter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Town & Country, MO
Posts: 1,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi blackcap93, we're glad to see that the announcement reached you and thanks for sharing! If you ever need anything, please feel free to let us know.

-Abby
Umatter2Charter is offline  
post #468 of 521 Old 05-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Senior Member
 
mcy919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blowing Rock, NC
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I also found the revised lineup for Boone and saw that Bounce TV (WBTV-DT2) was not listed on channel 137. Is it being removed?

Boone lineup
mcy919 is offline  
post #469 of 521 Old 05-08-2012, 10:46 AM
 
Umatter2Charter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Town & Country, MO
Posts: 1,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcy919 View Post

I also found the revised lineup for Boone and saw that Bounce TV (WBTV-DT2) was not listed on channel 137. Is it being removed?

Boone lineup

Good Morning,

Sorry for the confusion! It will be available on Channel 707 but is being migrated to Digital Only format.

Thanks,

Dylan
Umatter2Charter is offline  
post #470 of 521 Old 05-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Senior Member
 
mcy919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blowing Rock, NC
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post

Good Morning,

Sorry for the confusion! It will be available on Channel 707 but is being migrated to Digital Only format.

Thanks,

Dylan

I think you may have looked up the wrong channel. The channel I am wondering about is Bounce TV, the digital subchannel of WBTV that is currently on channel 137. WBTV's HD channel (CBS) is on 707 in the current and revised lineups. If I am wrong, I apologize.
mcy919 is offline  
post #471 of 521 Old 05-09-2012, 10:03 AM
 
Umatter2Charter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Town & Country, MO
Posts: 1,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcy919 View Post

I think you may have looked up the wrong channel. The channel I am wondering about is Bounce TV, the digital subchannel of WBTV that is currently on channel 137. WBTV's HD channel (CBS) is on 707 in the current and revised lineups. If I am wrong, I apologize.

I apologize, I misunderstood. It does appear that, unfortuantely, that channel is being dropped from the lineup.

Thanks,

Dylan
Umatter2Charter is offline  
post #472 of 521 Old 06-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Senior Member
 
tarheelone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 358
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My in-laws live in Hickory and enjoyed getting WFMY 2 from Greensboro via clear QAM. However I guess after the new channel lineups WFMY doesn't appear to be available via clear QAM. I haven't had time to go to their house and do a rescan but can someone verify that WFMY is gone or if it's channel number changed, provide me with the new channel. Thanks in advance.

8640HDC DVR - ODN 7.
tarheelone is offline  
post #473 of 521 Old 06-17-2012, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
blackcap93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas, NC
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It does look like WFMY and WXII are gone from the system... perhaps Wilkesboro's getting those channels from another source now.
blackcap93 is online now  
post #474 of 521 Old 06-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Senior Member
 
mcy919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blowing Rock, NC
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My Mom said that she saw a commercial stating that WGN America is coming soon to our system in Boone. I was wondering if anyone can confirm that for me. If that is true, I really hope it is part of the Basic lineup since that is what I have.
mcy919 is offline  
post #475 of 521 Old 06-25-2012, 07:01 PM
 
Umatter2Charter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Town & Country, MO
Posts: 1,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcy919 View Post

My Mom said that she saw a commercial stating that WGN America is coming soon to our system in Boone. I was wondering if anyone can confirm that for me. If that is true, I really hope it is part of the Basic lineup since that is what I have.

Good evening,

I am not showing any information about WGN being added to the lineup in your area. I have submitted a request for you for future channel additions. I am also going to reach out to our marketing team to see if they have any information that is current regarding the commercials you saw.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Umatter2Charter is offline  
post #476 of 521 Old 06-26-2012, 03:38 PM
 
Umatter2Charter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Town & Country, MO
Posts: 1,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcy919 View Post

My Mom said that she saw a commercial stating that WGN America is coming soon to our system in Boone. I was wondering if anyone can confirm that for me. If that is true, I really hope it is part of the Basic lineup since that is what I have.

Good afternoon I heard back from my escalation and sadly we do not have any plans at this time to add WGN. I have submitted your feedback to our marketing team for future channel additions. If you need any other help in the future please let us know.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Umatter2Charter is offline  
post #477 of 521 Old 06-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Senior Member
 
mcy919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blowing Rock, NC
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post

Good afternoon I heard back from my escalation and sadly we do not have any plans at this time to add WGN. I have submitted your feedback to our marketing team for future channel additions. If you need any other help in the future please let us know.
Thanks,
Jeremy

That's too bad, but I appreciate you submitting my channel request.
mcy919 is offline  
post #478 of 521 Old 06-26-2012, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tylerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mauldin SC, 29607
Posts: 3,934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post


I apologize, I misunderstood. It does appear that, unfortuantely, that channel is being dropped from the lineup.



Thanks,


Dylan
Re: Bounce TV. You're not missing much. They should bring back This TV instead.
tylerSC is offline  
post #479 of 521 Old 06-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Senior Member
 
mcy919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blowing Rock, NC
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

Re: Bounce TV. You're not missing much. They should bring back This TV instead.

They actually didn't drop Bounce where I live. They just forgot to include it in the new lineup on Charter.com.
mcy919 is offline  
post #480 of 521 Old 12-05-2012, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
blackcap93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas, NC
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Charter Eliminates Social-Media Customer Care Group

http://www.avsforum.com/t/903396/charter-hdtv/3100_100#post_22665741
blackcap93 is online now  
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off