Boone/Hickory, NC - Charter - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 521 Old 12-26-2007, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey James, I am having 2 cablecards installed on Saturday in a TiVo Series 3. Have there been any problems with techs getting them provisioned properly in our area?

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 521 Old 12-27-2007, 04:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapper1 View Post

Hey James, I am having 2 cablecards installed on Saturday in a TiVo Series 3. Have there been any problems with techs getting them provisioned properly in our area?

Thanks!!

Shouldn't be too bad here - the good news is if you run into any authorization issues I can directly take care of that as I'm the DAC administrator for this area -

big thing is to do each card seperately - set up, authorize and test the first card, then the second - should be good.

I know Tivo IIIs don't like the M cards much, so if it's a striped red or blue logo on the cards they might cause problems - likewise if it's got the Mediacypher Globe logo with a Mediacypher - M label. - the older Ms with the globe logo aren't so common.

Let me know if anything goes wrong - firstname.lastname@chartercom.com - one way or another we'll get you up and working on it!

Views & opinions stated here are strictly those of Me and not Charter Communications.

I no longer work in Tech Ops as such I can only advise & suggest.
post #213 of 521 Old 12-27-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharterJames View Post

Fox Sports South in HD

but it should not be TBA - there should be guide data - Are you on a Moxi or I-guide based box - lemme know which and if it's still happening - I'll get it updated!

My iguide says FSNAH and Off-Air, but my Moxi says TBA. I've trigged the updates on the Moxi, but still seems TBA.
post #214 of 521 Old 12-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiix2 View Post

My iguide says FSNAH and Off-Air, but my Moxi says TBA. I've trigged the updates on the Moxi, but still seems TBA.

I'll get this to Tribune!

Views & opinions stated here are strictly those of Me and not Charter Communications.

post #215 of 521 Old 12-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Apparently there's a backlog over there, I'm told it should be resolved by the 4th or 5th

post #216 of 521 Old 12-28-2007, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Anyone getting problems with WBTV Analog Feed?

I've noticed issues here - anlog only, HD's fine - So far confirmed in Catawba, Alexander and Caldwell Counties. Given it's happening in Caldwell and Catawba I would not be suprised if it's happening across our footprint here.

Picture is garbled with lines - like a very bad antenna connection - thought audio does not seem to be affected.

I've put in a notice with our headend to make sure it's not something in our equipment etc. I've also posted inquiries for the Charlotte TWC and OTA thread in hopes of finding out if it's coming from WBTV proper

post #217 of 521 Old 12-29-2007, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
WBTV analog here is coming in okay now.
post #218 of 521 Old 12-31-2007, 05:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcap93 View Post

WBTV analog here is coming in okay now.

Looks like it got fixed around somewhere before lunchtime Friday morning

post #219 of 521 Old 01-02-2008, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

Hi CharterJames,

Just got back into town yesterday and have noticed that Charter Cable in AVL-Buncombe has a test pattern showing up on ch. 798. Could this be where a new HD channel will appear next? Ch. 799, as always, is showing up as a black screen. Both 798 and 799 show "To Be Announced" when I look at the On-Screen TV Listings. You aware of anything related to this? Thanks!

RIP My Cable Service with Charter (3/15/2002-8/13/2009); 2nd Tour with Basic Only On Charter Cable: 10/2011-Present
post #220 of 521 Old 01-02-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:

Shouldn't be too bad here - the good news is if you run into any authorization issues I can directly take care of that as I'm the DAC administrator for this area -

big thing is to do each card seperately - set up, authorize and test the first card, then the second - should be good.

I know Tivo IIIs don't like the M cards much, so if it's a striped red or blue logo on the cards they might cause problems - likewise if it's got the Mediacypher Globe logo with a Mediacypher - M label. - the older Ms with the globe logo aren't so common.

Let me know if anything goes wrong - firstname.lastname@chartercom.com - one way or another we'll get you up and working on it!

James, Check your email!!!
post #221 of 521 Old 01-12-2008, 04:13 PM

I see the HD premium anime network on my On Demand. What do you have to subscribe to to watch them? What is the cost?

I tried to just watch one, and it gave me an error; not a "you must subscribe to view this" message but a "sorry there was a problem, try again later.." message.

Are you guys having issues with this OnDemand network?
post #222 of 521 Old 01-14-2008, 05:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I see the HD premium anime network on my On Demand. What do you have to subscribe to to watch them? What is the cost?

I tried to just watch one, and it gave me an error; not a "you must subscribe to view this" message but a "sorry there was a problem, try again later.." message.

Are you guys having issues with this OnDemand network?

We are still deploying it - it should become availible in the next week
I'll get back with you on the pricing - I'm not 100% sure of that one myself

post #223 of 521 Old 01-25-2008, 05:06 AM

No on Demand last night and a coworker is without cable completely. What's up with the system in Hickory?
post #224 of 521 Old 01-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

I don't know of any wide scale outages - PM me your home phone that the account is under and I can take a look for issues -

Any VOD error codes would come in handy as well for the VOD issue

post #225 of 521 Old 02-10-2008, 03:02 PM

I'm enjoying all the Speed TV broadcasts from Daytona. But, after watching the Bud Shootout and Daytona 500 qualifying in HD on FOX, it really stinks to have to watch Speed TV in regular def.

Speed TV is really promoting their 100 hours of HD broadcasts from Daytona. Given North Carolina's rich stock car racing history, I think its terrible that Charter isn't carrying SpeedTV in HD.

Does anyone have any info on when (if) Charter will be carrying Speed in HD?
post #226 of 521 Old 02-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Advanced Member

It looks like TMC HD is in the TitanTV and Yahoo! TV Listings on channel 791 for Buncombe County. Began showing up in these two guides on Friday afternoon. Hasn't gone live, yet...

RIP My Cable Service with Charter (3/15/2002-8/13/2009); 2nd Tour with Basic Only On Charter Cable: 10/2011-Present
post #227 of 521 Old 02-11-2008, 05:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceL View Post

I'm enjoying all the Speed TV broadcasts from Daytona. But, after watching the Bud Shootout and Daytona 500 qualifying in HD on FOX, it really stinks to have to watch Speed TV in regular def.

Speed TV is really promoting their 100 hours of HD broadcasts from Daytona. Given North Carolina's rich stock car racing history, I think its terrible that Charter isn't carrying SpeedTV in HD.

Does anyone have any info on when (if) Charter will be carrying Speed in HD?

There's a strong rumor I've heard passed around marketing that we'll be adding 10 HDs before the end of this year - no confirmation of what they are, but I know there's many coming our way!

post #228 of 521 Old 02-14-2008, 06:05 AM

Wow! I just triggered a program and VOD meta data update on my moxi and now i have Cinemax, Showtime and Starz! OnDemand HD! Awesome. Stayed home with a sick child, decided to watch Vacancy on Starz! and i have it in HD now.

How did this sneak past us?
post #229 of 521 Old 02-28-2008, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

The NHL Network is currently not working due to some unknown issue. This issue has been reported to CharterJames to check out.
post #230 of 521 Old 02-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Wow! I just triggered a program and VOD meta data update on my moxi and now i have Cinemax, Showtime and Starz! OnDemand HD! Awesome. Stayed home with a sick child, decided to watch Vacancy on Starz! and i have it in HD now.

How did this sneak past us?

*tiptoeing through the headend*

There's more to come >

I have more than rumors there there's going to be at least 3 waves of channel changes spaced about 2 months appart that will migrate analogs to digital and bring more HDs to 90% of the Region (Avery County will get some new Digitals, but probably no HD)

I can't say too much, but I think alot of people will be wanting to pick up the HD Tier by the end of it...

Also We'll be adding 2 more Adult PPV channels the Hickory group (to the TEN lineup) and Ashville will be gaining the TEN ppv networks (they'll lose some of the rebranded "Spice" networks, but will retain Playboy and Playboy en Espanol)

Keep an eye on your statements for the news as we'll announce all channel
changes at least 30 days before they happen!

ALSO for all of you on Non-moxi boxes - you'll see a new "On Demand" tab on certain channels - this allows you to jump directly to that channel's subcategory in VOD... so if you're on Showtime, you'll Jump to Showtime on Demand.

Last but not least, for HD fans, check out the HD on Demand, there's alot of FREE content in there from MHD and more as well as HD new releases etc

(and yes we're working on NHL channel)

post #231 of 521 Old 02-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcap93 View Post

The NHL Network is currently not working due to some unknown issue. This issue has been reported to CharterJames to check out.

Should be back up now - let me know if it didn't come up for ya!

post #232 of 521 Old 02-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the "heads up" on the more-than-rumor, possibly growing Charter HD Fleet, CharterJames. Around the time that you posted this info, I was asking people at work if they'd seen anything in e-mail or mailings about more Charter HD. We have a "Charter HD Bloc" in place that's grown over the last couple of months...What a small world!

BTW, I caved in and got the Premiums for more HD and HD On Demand (easy way to get more of and stave away cravings for more HD). Got the DCH-6200 to boot...Nice!!! Now, I'm on the fence about getting HD DVR (if I decide to get a 2nd HDTV set).

post #233 of 521 Old 02-29-2008, 04:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popweaverhdtv View Post

Thanks for the "heads up" on the more-than-rumor, possibly growing Charter HD Fleet, CharterJames. Around the time that you posted this info, I was asking people at work if they'd seen anything in e-mail or mailings about more Charter HD. We have a "Charter HD Bloc" in place that's grown over the last couple of months...What a small world!

BTW, I caved in and got the Premiums for more HD and HD On Demand (easy way to get more of and stave away cravings for more HD). Got the DCH-6200 to boot...Nice!!! Now, I'm on the fence about getting HD DVR (if I decide to get a 2nd HDTV set).

If you like the DCH6200 you'll like the DCH6416 - it's the same interface and picture quality with a 160 gig hard drive. The DCT6416 has all the same features in case you get the older model (including HDMI)

The other night I recorded a Incubus "Live Set" off of MHD and was VERY impressed

From what I'm hearing Discovery (The old Discovery HD is now Branded Discovery's HD Theater) TLC, Food and more are on the list.

post #234 of 521 Old 02-29-2008, 05:02 AM
Advanced Member

Just thought I'd post up here - anyone noticing "Family Guy" on TBS switching audio tracks?

I had a customer come into the Hickory office and ask a CSR about this and unfortunately I didn't get my DVR set up to record it until it airs again Monday. I was told they were getting a switch between Spanish and English.

Advised them to check to make sure SAP wasn't turned on with the TV and that the box was set to Audio Default, but I wanted to get word out incase anyone else is seeing it - want to make sure it's not a feed or programming issue

post #235 of 521 Old 02-29-2008, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Should be back up now - let me know if it didn't come up for ya!

Yes, NHL Network is back up as of yesterday afternoon. Thanks.
post #236 of 521 Old 03-01-2008, 05:39 PM

Ok, so i'm having issues with HD OnDemand on my MOXI. I just ordered 3:10 to Yuma in HD and about 30 minutes into it had to go get some food. So i stopped it. Now i've come back to pick it back up and i keep getting an error message (Error code 1459 (0x1)). I've tried to start it back over 50 times and keep getting the message. I can't even seem to buy the non-HD version. However i can get Premium HD content OnDemand with no problem and watch other movies that i've ordered that are non-HD in the past 24 hours.

This seems to happen a lot on my HD OnDemand recordings. If i stop part of the way through, it takes forever to get it started by. I've even tried changing channels, starting other content and even rebooting the box.

Ideas?
post #237 of 521 Old 03-25-2008, 12:18 PM

any new updates on the upcoming HD channels James? or can you say yet?
post #238 of 521 Old 03-25-2008, 02:09 PM

What there a software update recently? I just triggered my MOXI for a software update and other triggers and about 20 minutes later it starts rebooting itself. Just curious.
post #239 of 521 Old 03-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincerity View Post

I'm wondering, as well, since there are Charter ads currently running that ask you to call an 877 Number to find out about new HD Networks being offered. I thought I was hearing things, but I caught the commercial again and that's what was said.

post #240 of 521 Old 03-26-2008, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincerity View Post

all I can say for sure is we are slated for 10 new ones by the end of the year

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page