AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharterJames View Post

all I can say for sure is we are slated for 10 new ones by the end of the year

Did you steal that line from Time-Warner?

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the FOX,ABC,CBS,or CW Networks,MeTv, my employer or its parent company. Nor my wife for that matter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 521 Old 03-28-2008, 02:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

all I can say for sure is we are slated for 10 new ones by the end of the year

I guess our only current hope for the number of HD Channels offered by Charter to "roughly double" from 20 to 30 (ROFL) by the end of '08 would be for them to be added by surprise and with little fanfare ala NE Wisconsin ( http://www.foxcitieshd.com/node/636 ). That's being "competitive with your peers". (Source: http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6504664.html )

I've used up my soapbox for the month. Seriously though, thanks for the updates on Charter HD, CharterJames. Otherwise, we wouldn't being hearing anything at all. Don't mind my rant...too much.

RIP My Cable Service with Charter (3/15/2002-8/13/2009); 2nd Tour with Basic Only On Charter Cable: 10/2011-Present
post #243 of 521 Old 03-28-2008, 04:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfox18doe View Post

Did you steal that line from Time-Warner?

Maybe TW stole it from me

Views & opinions stated here are strictly those of Me and not Charter Communications.

I no longer work in Tech Ops as such I can only advise & suggest.
post #244 of 521 Old 03-28-2008, 05:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popweaverhdtv View Post

I guess our only current hope for the number of HD Channels offered by Charter to "roughly double" from 20 to 30 (ROFL) by the end of '08 would be for them to be added by surprise and with little fanfare ala NE Wisconsin ( http://www.foxcitieshd.com/node/636 ). That's being "competitive with your peers". (Source: http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6504664.html )

I've used up my soapbox for the month. Seriously though, thanks for the updates on Charter HD, CharterJames. Otherwise, we wouldn't being hearing anything at all. Don't mind my rant...too much.

I think alot of the competitiveness is a load of crap - so far I've seen at least 3 major media companies tout "Over 100 HD Channels" and the three I'm referencing all did... if you counted every affaliate for ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, PBS etc

I think we'll see more, but I don't know exactly when and where...

Views & opinions stated here are strictly those of Me and not Charter Communications.

post #245 of 521 Old 03-29-2008, 04:48 AM
Advanced Member

Hi CharterJames,

Is there a reason why Charter has eliminated many HD VOD "Options"? In the Greenville-Spartanburg and Asheville Markets (GSP info courtesy of posting in 'Greenville, SC - HDTV' Forum), HD VOD Options for AMC, HDNet, March Madness, etc. are missing. Thanks for any info you might have!

RIP My Cable Service with Charter (3/15/2002-8/13/2009); 2nd Tour with Basic Only On Charter Cable: 10/2011-Present
post #246 of 521 Old 03-31-2008, 05:18 PM

I picked up a Motorola HD box, DCT6200, this past Saturday. I'm currently subscribing to DIGITAL HOME and HBO/CINEMAX pack, along with the HD channels. Everything worked GREAT all day. Come Sunday morning, I lost VOD service and my DIGITAL HOME channels. But, most of all, I lost all but 2-4 of my HD channels.

So, I did the online tech chat, and they sent a signal to reset my box. It only fixed the VOD. Came home from work Monday/today, and it's still FUDD. So, again I did the online tech chat, and again they sent a signal to the box. NADA. Still FUDD. I'm only receiving channels up to the last of EXPANDED BASIC, with HBO/CINEMAX HD and some local network HD channels.

They tried to set me up for a field tech to look at it, but only had 1 very inconvenient day available. So, I basically told the online tech that I'd be better off going in to the local office (HICKORY) to switch out the box.

BTW, I've had nothing but trouble dealing with CHARTER this month. They botched 3 scheduled install dates, 3 "special" packages, and I had to go in to the local office to pick up my HD box for MYSELF, after waiting 2+ weeks for a call that never came.

KDS-60A3000...RIP

Sony HT-CT100

Vizio E601-A3

post #247 of 521 Old 03-31-2008, 08:23 PM

CharterJames-
TBS is no longer carrying the Braves on a regular basis. Although we can get many of the games on Fox South and Sports South, 45 of the games are available only on Peachtree TV, a local Atlanta broadcast station. I understand that Charter has picked up those games and made them available in many markets on CSS. I've seen posters on other forums say they get the games on Charter in Tennessee and Alabama. Can you check to see if there is any discussion of getting them in Hickory or other NC markets? Currently, CSS in not in our channel lineup.

Thanks.
post #248 of 521 Old 04-01-2008, 05:29 AM

anybody else NOT getting the free preview of mlb extra innings now? march 31-april 6?
post #249 of 521 Old 04-02-2008, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hi CharterJames,

Is there a reason why Charter has eliminated many HD VOD "Options"? In the Greenville-Spartanburg and Asheville Markets (GSP info courtesy of posting in 'Greenville, SC - HDTV' Forum), HD VOD Options for AMC, HDNet, March Madness, etc. are missing. Thanks for any info you might have!

There's still some issues with HD Vod content - as a result the system tends to automatically take out of service categories that are causing significant errors. With luck we'll have it ironed out soon

post #250 of 521 Old 04-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismodragon View Post

I picked up a Motorola HD box, DCT6200, this past Saturday. I'm currently subscribing to DIGITAL HOME and HBO/CINEMAX pack, along with the HD channels. Everything worked GREAT all day. Come Sunday morning, I lost VOD service and my DIGITAL HOME channels. But, most of all, I lost all but 2-4 of my HD channels.

So, I did the online tech chat, and they sent a signal to reset my box. It only fixed the VOD. Came home from work Monday/today, and it's still FUDD. So, again I did the online tech chat, and again they sent a signal to the box. NADA. Still FUDD. I'm only receiving channels up to the last of EXPANDED BASIC, with HBO/CINEMAX HD and some local network HD channels.

They tried to set me up for a field tech to look at it, but only had 1 very inconvenient day available. So, I basically told the online tech that I'd be better off going in to the local office (HICKORY) to switch out the box.

BTW, I've had nothing but trouble dealing with CHARTER this month. They botched 3 scheduled install dates, 3 "special" packages, and I had to go in to the local office to pick up my HD box for MYSELF, after waiting 2+ weeks for a call that never came.

Sorry I'm so late on responding to this, I was out sick monday and it's been hectic here - PM me or email me (James . Doster @ Chartercom . Com minus the spaces) with the phone number you're account is under and I can verify your box is correctly authoized for services.

post #251 of 521 Old 04-02-2008, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincerity View Post

anybody else NOT getting the free preview of mlb extra innings now? march 31-april 6?

Many Mea Culpas on this - a while back we consolidated with Ashville into one operating group, then recently they pulled us back appart... however in that time since we've shared marketing people and they keep forgetting we have MLB... as such no one was 100% sure if we'd have it in time. I did get the free preview up and running yesterday morning and I'll leave it open through next Tuesday morning.

For those unfamilar with the MLB XI package - it offers a large selection of Out of Market games - unfortunately for us We are considered in-market for Atlanta, Cincinatti, Baltimore and DC - thus games for these teams (home and away) will always be blacked out from XI.

Also since Hockey is still airing and these packages are on the same channels the Hockey games currently airing are availible as well

post #252 of 521 Old 04-04-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:

For those unfamilar with the MLB XI package - it offers a large selection of Out of Market games - unfortunately for us We are considered in-market for Atlanta, Cincinatti, Baltimore and DC - thus games for these teams (home and away) will always be blacked out from XI.

Hello, we're in Asheville and we recently received something in the mail for MLB Extra Innings, but when we called to order we were told that they are not offering it in our area. Which begs the questions, why are you sending us promo material for a service you don't offer. Let's just say we didn't get a satisfactory response. But we'd really like to get MLB Extra Innings to watch the Red Sox and we'll jump ship to DirecTV if we have to, but we'd just as soon stay at Charter. Can we expect to get MLB Extra Innings in Asheville? Soon? Ever?
post #253 of 521 Old 04-07-2008, 05:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHulse View Post

Hello, we're in Asheville and we recently received something in the mail for MLB Extra Innings, but when we called to order we were told that they are not offering it in our area. Which begs the questions, why are you sending us promo material for a service you don't offer. Let's just say we didn't get a satisfactory response. But we'd really like to get MLB Extra Innings to watch the Red Sox and we'll jump ship to DirecTV if we have to, but we'd just as soon stay at Charter. Can we expect to get MLB Extra Innings in Asheville? Soon? Ever?

I'll talk with marketing and tech-ops on this - I know they are slowly working on making Hickory, Ashville and GSA as similar as possible

post #254 of 521 Old 04-10-2008, 12:35 PM

Just wanted to give you an adda boy James. I know we mostly post about bad things happening but my service has been really good the last six months with just a very minor hiccup here and there.

We have started looking for a new home here in the Hickory Area and one of my major concerns is to make sure that I can get my Charter service at the house.

Keep up the good work and get us more HD Channels!
post #255 of 521 Old 04-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored View Post

Just wanted to give you an adda boy James. I know we mostly post about bad things happening but my service has been really good the last six months with just a very minor hiccup here and there.

We have started looking for a new home here in the Hickory Area and one of my major concerns is to make sure that I can get my Charter service at the house.

Keep up the good work and get us more HD Channels!

Thanks
I do my best

post #256 of 521 Old 04-14-2008, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 63
WCCB, in conjunction with the North Carolina Association of Broadcasters; is pleased to present in High-Definition "DTV411".

This award winning documentary produced by WRAL,DTV 411 gives details about the analog-to-digital TV-signal transition happening in February 2009, including what the public needs to do to prepare.

The special airs this Saturday, April 19 at 7:30pm.

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the FOX,ABC,CBS,or CW Networks,MeTv, my employer or its parent company. Nor my wife for that matter!
post #257 of 521 Old 04-15-2008, 08:59 AM

Rumor has it there was a big shake up at Charter recently with some major layoffs. Hope we didn't lose our inside man.

James, you make it through unscathed?
post #258 of 521 Old 04-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored View Post

Rumor has it there was a big shake up at Charter recently with some major layoffs. Hope we didn't lose our inside man.

James, you make it through unscathed?

Alive and gainfully employed, they are tightening things up as much as possible, in theory things should operate smoother, still alot of good people are now scrambling for jobs.

post #259 of 521 Old 04-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Alive and gainfully employed, they are tightening things up as much as possible, in theory things should operate smoother, still alot of good people are now scrambling for jobs.

We can't lose CharterJames. That would be the biggest mistake they would've ever made!

post #260 of 521 Old 04-16-2008, 03:51 AM

James,

Following was written in this AM edition of my TV prediction email:

Charter to Add 8 HD Channels In St. Louis
The cable operator says they were picked by their customers.
By Swanni

Washington, D.C. (April 16, 2008) -- Charter Communications, which has been under fire for its high-def lineup, says it will add eight new HD channels on May 15 in St. Louis.

The new channels will be: AMC HD, CNN HD, The Learning Channel HD, Animal Planet HD, The Science Channel HD, Smithsonian Channel HD, TBS HD and The Movie Channel-HD.

When should we see these channels come our way?

Thanks.

Robert B.
post #261 of 521 Old 04-16-2008, 04:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop0816 View Post

James,

Following was written in this AM edition of my TV prediction email:

Charter to Add 8 HD Channels In St. Louis
The cable operator says they were picked by their customers.
By Swanni

Washington, D.C. (April 16, 2008) -- Charter Communications, which has been under fire for its high-def lineup, says it will add eight new HD channels on May 15 in St. Louis.

The new channels will be: AMC HD, CNN HD, The Learning Channel HD, Animal Planet HD, The Science Channel HD, Smithsonian Channel HD, TBS HD and The Movie Channel-HD.

When should we see these channels come our way?

Thanks.

Robert B.

Science, AMC, Animal Planet and Movie Channel are all on the list I heard that will be added by the end of the year, I think there's 10 total we are adding. If we worked out a mass distribution agreement (which we probably did) we'll probably see all the channels on that list. I think the first batch will be going in the next few months, I know for there's a batch slated for October/November (I think it's going to be done in 3 batches - 3/3/4)

post #262 of 521 Old 04-16-2008, 04:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

We can't lose CharterJames. That would be the biggest mistake they would've ever made!

Thank you

post #263 of 521 Old 05-05-2008, 04:09 PM

James,

Any word on when we can get any of the aforementioned channels?

Thanks again for all you do for us.

Robert B.
Catawba, NC
post #264 of 521 Old 05-06-2008, 04:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop0816 View Post

James,

Any word on when we can get any of the aforementioned channels?

Thanks again for all you do for us.

Robert B.
Catawba, NC

I know there sould be 3 or 4 batches, I think one's slated for May or June and I know one is Late October Early November - I don't recall if there's going to be one in between those dates or one after but I'm hoping we'll see some new channels pretty soon

post #265 of 521 Old 05-11-2008, 02:43 PM

Have you guys dropped HD OnDemand? I'm not seeing it on my system and haven't for about 2 weeks or so.
post #266 of 521 Old 05-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiix2 View Post

Have you guys dropped HD OnDemand? I'm not seeing it on my system and haven't for about 2 weeks or so.

See post #252 for CharterJames' last response regarding HD VOD: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post13537390

He might have an update to provide on the progress of this fix...haven't seen it for at least several weeks in Asheville.

post #267 of 521 Old 05-12-2008, 05:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

See post #252 for CharterJames' last response regarding HD VOD: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post13537390

He might have an update to provide on the progress of this fix...haven't seen it for at least several weeks in Asheville.

Yeah, they killed it in Asheville first as a test -

No word yet on the new servers that will give us the capacity to run HD VOD again without causing alot of errors - but as soon as that day comes, we'll be cranking it back up!

post #268 of 521 Old 05-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I know there sould be 3 or 4 batches, I think one's slated for May or June and I know one is Late October Early November - I don't recall if there's going to be one in between those dates or one after but I'm hoping we'll see some new channels pretty soon

I guessing that Weather Channel HD won't be coming to Charter to coincide with its 24/7 HD Studio premiere on Monday. Any other "New HD" Updates?

post #269 of 521 Old 05-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I guessing that Weather Channel HD won't be coming to Charter to coincide with its 24/7 HD Studio premiere on Monday. Any other "New HD" Updates?

No definites, but I'm expecting to get word on the first batch any day now *crossing fingers*

post #270 of 521 Old 06-09-2008, 03:32 PM

James,

Any word yet on the new HD channels? The subscribers in St. Louis are probably enjoying their new HD channels every day!!!!!

Please advise whoever that the "natives are getting restless"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

RB
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page