Hartford, CT - Comcast - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 3315 Old 03-31-2006, 04:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is that going to be the same schedule for when comcast takes over adelphia? I have adelphia and wouldnt mind getting those games since its more then I currently have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 3315 Old 03-31-2006, 04:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris112 View Post

Is that going to be the same schedule for when comcast takes over adelphia? I have adelphia and wouldnt mind getting those games since its more then I currently have.

Unless Adelphia adds YES HD and NESN (SD and HD) today, we probably will end up with the split type schedule if Comcast gives us NESN when they takeover. But I think that by the start of next baseball season, Comcast will probably have seperate HD channels for YES and NESN.
post #303 of 3315 Old 03-31-2006, 04:43 AM

So are you saying that we will likely get that schedule unless they add HD Yes and HD NESN (which would provide more games obviously)?

So that schedule is worst case scenario?
post #304 of 3315 Old 03-31-2006, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris112 View Post

So are you saying that we will likely get that schedule unless they add HD Yes and HD NESN (which would provide more games obviously)?

So that schedule is worst case scenario?

What I'm saying is that if Adelphia added NESN HD or YES HD, they would have their own seperate full time channels, and would not be preempting INHD2 like they do on Comcast. In that case, we'd get all the available Yankees and Red Sox HD games. It's likely that if after Comcast comes in, and they add NESN and YES HD for the Waterbury area in July, we'll probably get the same schedule as the rest of CT Comcast systems, and probably get the games on INHD2.
post #305 of 3315 Old 03-31-2006, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplchamp1 View Post

Connecticut HD Baseball Schedule

In an effort to bring the most baseball action to our HD customers in Connecticut, we have compiled this Red Sox-Yankee hybrid schedule. In this arrangement, Comcast is able to show 70 Yankee HD games (79% of their available HD games) and 113 Red Sox HD games (75% of their available HD games). We hope this split keeps all of our passionate baseball fans tied into their team from the first pitch to the heat of the pennant race.

All games can be seen on INHD2 Channel 207 in Connecticut.

Complete schedule is at: http://www.comcast.com/cthd

I knew it would be too much to expect that Comcast carry all the Red Sox games in HD this season since 100% of NESN games will be in HD. At least some of the YES HD are against the Sox.
post #306 of 3315 Old 03-31-2006, 06:00 PM

After looking at the schedule a little closer, it looks like some of the Sox games not on the schedule will be on ESPN or Fox (hopefully HD). Most of the other games not being carried are day games I won't be able to see anyway due to work. It's definitely a start, though. Comcast needs to make a bigger committment to HD and upgrade all of their CT systems before NESN HD will get its own channel.
post #307 of 3315 Old 04-01-2006, 11:27 AM

NESN should have its own channel. Even if it's just during baseball season. As was stated, the Sox are broadcasting all of their games this year in HD. As well, they moved into an HD studio for their SportsDesk programing. This means that most, if not all, of their in studio shows will also be in HD.

They also need to stop pre-empting FSNE programming with MSG programming. If MSG programs are that important, add the channel back to the system already!
post #308 of 3315 Old 04-01-2006, 01:47 PM

I agree, but I think that Comcast does it this way to avoid having to pay full-time carriage fees to all of these networks. Remember when YES was first added? Instant $2/month price hike. Red Sox fans like me did not appreciate that. What they should really do is pre-empt all of the political networks in favor of regional games, one channel for each team. If they're all HD at the same time, they should pre-empt both INHD's and a couple local OTA subchannels. I don't care about the other crap they have on any of these regional sports networks (Charlie Moore, anyone?) But that would make too much sense.
post #309 of 3315 Old 04-01-2006, 09:11 PM

What I still don't understand is that during the Winter Olympics they added Universal HD and temporarily suspended INHD2, presumably because they were lacking either the switching equipment or the bandwidth to run both simultaneously. However, after the Olympics ended they reinstated INHD2 but never did drop UHD. It's still there so there must not be a bandwidth issue after all. If that's the case, they should give NESN and YES their own channels and and drop either INHD1, INHD2 or UHD if they need to clear the space. They can drop all 3 for all I care.
post #310 of 3315 Old 04-02-2006, 06:08 AM

Not carrying all of the games for each network is bad customer service.

Yankees suck.
post #311 of 3315 Old 04-02-2006, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieORF View Post

Something tells me Comcast will be setting up another channel (not necessarily a full time channel) to air SNY HD games on.

That seems extremely unlikely to my eyes. A large chunk of the state is not even getting SNY in SD this year. It should at least happen for those Comcast cities in far southwest CT, but it will not be simple to do since they prefer to have one office control the channel choices for the entire state.
post #312 of 3315 Old 04-02-2006, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qixotl View Post

That seems extremely unlikely to my eyes. A large chunk of the state is not even getting SNY in SD this year. It should at least happen for those Comcast cities in far southwest CT, but it will not be simple to do since they prefer to have one office control the channel choices for the entire state.

My point doesn't have to do with areas that do not receive SNY. I'm just saying that Comcast already has posted a schedule for INHD2 where there is already a Red Sox or Yankees game pre-empting regular programming. They may do like many other Comcast systems do and add an HDSE "HD Special Events" channel, or something similar, in order to provide the Mets HD games. They do not have one head office run the entire state, especially when you consider for instance, that Comcast in Groton will not be getting SNY, but receives NESN and YES. Then you look at Danbury who gets SNY and YES, but not NESN, then New Haven who gets all three. If they can differentiate sports networks throughout the state, I see no reason why they couldn't do the same thing for the HD games on those networks. i.e. Danbury only has INHD2 pre-empted for YES HD, while the rest of Comcast systems in the state are going to get the split YES HD/NESN HD schedule.
post #313 of 3315 Old 04-02-2006, 08:39 PM

Some areas in Connecticut lost UHD after the olympics ended, others retained it. So, certain areas must have had the badnwidth issue, and they shut it off for everyone instead of just the few.
post #314 of 3315 Old 04-03-2006, 07:47 AM

Hi! I experienced a lot of pixelation problems yesterday during the baseball game. Anyone had the same issue?
post #315 of 3315 Old 04-03-2006, 08:19 AM

Does anyone have a list of channels/networks (HD or standard digital) that are available in unencrypted QAM in Branford using expanded basic service?
post #316 of 3315 Old 04-03-2006, 01:22 PM

Please Note: On June 1, 2006 Bravo will move from Ch. 167 to Ch. 175, and Indieplex will move from Ch. 166 to Ch. 167.

Important Announcement: Effective 3/24, we are very pleased to announce the addition of TV Polonia, which is a new Digital Premium Polish network. Call 1-800-COMCAST for more details!

Funny... nothing is on channel 166
post #317 of 3315 Old 04-05-2006, 09:47 PM

I'm slightly changing my tune regarding UHD. I previously said I didn't care if it stayed or went away. But I have now learned that the first 2 rounds of the Masters (the HD version of the USA Network telecast) will be shown on Universal HD.

BTW, did anyone else lose the HD feed of tonight's (Wednesday, 4/5) Red Sox game on channel 207? At my house it froze up in the 6th or 7th inning and didn't come back until the end of the game.
post #318 of 3315 Old 04-06-2006, 05:13 AM

Lost it in Tolland, too.
post #319 of 3315 Old 04-06-2006, 12:29 PM

Anyone start getting audio dropouts recently? For the last few days I have been getting an audio dropout for a fraction of a second every 5 or 10 minutes. I thought it was my 6412 box at first but then started reading about similar issues over in the Comcast 6412 w/ iGuide thread where it turned out most of the state of Delaware was having similar problems and it was an issue with a few stations on particular frequencies. I'm on the Branford system. Anyone else in CT start getting audio dropouts?

Got OTA HDTV? Check out my Terrain Mapping thread.
post #320 of 3315 Old 04-06-2006, 12:40 PM

RE: audio dropouts

I have been getting them for the past week or so, especially on CBS. I haven't noticed it on any other channel.
post #321 of 3315 Old 04-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmccullough View Post

RE: audio dropouts

I have been getting them for the past week or so, especially on CBS. I haven't noticed it on any other channel.

Same here... Audio dropouts on CBS shows (HD recordings) for what seems the last 10 days or so. Recordings of other HD channels seem free of the audio drops.

This is on a SA8300HD box.

On a seperate note, my box last night for the first time decided it wanted to reboot itself after about 5 minutes of a HD (CBS) recording. It acted like the power went out (it didn't as the STB is on a battery backup) and took a minute to reboot. It was recording one or two things while I was playing the one HD program back when it happened. When it got back up and running it picked up the recordings as a new instance and I had the 6 minute first part and 53 minute 2nd part.

I am concerned that this SA8300HD box could be on it's way out... Anyone experience this type of behavior?
post #322 of 3315 Old 04-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

I've been getting audio dropouts on CBS HD as well (no others) and I don't even use a cable box (just my QAM tuner). Glad to hear it isn't my TV.
post #323 of 3315 Old 04-06-2006, 02:08 PM

Liked: 13
A question for those in the Old Saybrook / Shorline area. Are you getting the Masters coverage broadcast in HD on any channels? In the Boston area, we now have UniversalHD which is carrying the Thu/Fri coverage in addition to USA. However last year when we did not ahve universal, the HD coverage on Thu/Fri was rebroadcast on one of our INHD channels.

I am asking as my parents live in your area, and I want to make sure they are not watching the SD if they don't have to.

Thanks
post #324 of 3315 Old 04-06-2006, 03:45 PM

I just wanted to confirm that I too got audio dropouts on CBS on Tuesday, and lost the Red Sox feed last night.

I'm on the Plainville system.
post #325 of 3315 Old 04-06-2006, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbone View Post

BTW, did anyone else lose the HD feed of tonight's (Wednesday, 4/5) Red Sox game on channel 207? At my house it froze up in the 6th or 7th inning and didn't come back until the end of the game.

Lost it here too. I was skipping through parts of the game and all of a sudden jumped from the 6th to the bottom of the 8th inning.
post #326 of 3315 Old 04-06-2006, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabatta View Post

A question for those in the Old Saybrook / Shorline area. Are you getting the Masters coverage broadcast in HD on any channels? In the Boston area, we now have UniversalHD which is carrying the Thu/Fri coverage in addition to USA. However last year when we did not ahve universal, the HD coverage on Thu/Fri was rebroadcast on one of our INHD channels.

I am asking as my parents live in your area, and I want to make sure they are not watching the SD if they don't have to.

Thanks

The HD version of USA Network's coverage of the Masters is on Universal HD, but as it was last year, it is also being carried on WFSB-DT. So assuming your parents get WFSB in HD on their cable system, they should be able to watch in HD. Of course, they may have to put up with occasional audio dropouts.

Like some of the others, I have also experienced those audio dropouts on WFSB-DT. I think I might also have gotten some on the History Channel but that may have just been the quirky way the particular show I was watching was edited.
post #327 of 3315 Old 04-07-2006, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDougan View Post

Anyone start getting audio dropouts recently? For the last few days I have been getting an audio dropout for a fraction of a second every 5 or 10 minutes. I thought it was my 6412 box at first but then started reading about similar issues over in the Comcast 6412 w/ iGuide thread where it turned out most of the state of Delaware was having similar problems and it was an issue with a few stations on particular frequencies. I'm on the Branford system. Anyone else in CT start getting audio dropouts?

I have been having it in Hartford County for the past week. Comcast suggested to powercycle the 6412 or replace it...
post #328 of 3315 Old 04-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Yes, I have seen some of this in Clinton and I have no STB! Not very often or for very long, however.
post #329 of 3315 Old 04-07-2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbroimp View Post

Yes, I have seen some of this in Clinton and I have no STB! Not very often or for very long, however.

I have seen it as well on my Sony HD DVR - was afraid it was the DVR's fault - glad to hear it's not but hoping CBS gets their act together (only network I've seen it on so far - after looking thru my recordings)
post #330 of 3315 Old 04-07-2006, 01:09 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbone View Post

The HD version of USA Network's coverage of the Masters is on Universal HD, but as it was last year, it is also being carried on WFSB-DT. So assuming your parents get WFSB in HD on their cable system, they should be able to watch in HD. Of course, they may have to put up with occasional audio dropouts.

Like some of the others, I have also experienced those audio dropouts on WFSB-DT. I think I might also have gotten some on the History Channel but that may have just been the quirky way the particular show I was watching was edited.

Thanks, this worked for them. They are very happy to be tuned into the HD. It did not show up on their program guide. I appreciate the help.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page