Old 01-14-2007, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by owine View Post

Looks like YES HD Nets broadcasts have been removed from the INHD guide data. Oh well.

Nets were away last night which is why there was no guide data. YES HD only does home games.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2007, 05:20 PM

We have had Tele-Media since we lived up here and have now been bought by Comcast as most everybody knows.. Decided to try the HD out on my projector so last week I called and got all the pricing and asked what channels were included. I was told that I would get Fox, ABC, CBS ESPN2, HD net, InHD and Discovery HD and probably something I forgot. Anyway, I was most interested in HD movies on demand, Discovery and ABC, CBS, and Fox. Saturday went and waited an hour in line for the box. Got it hooked up and only about 5 channels are working. Call Comcast and they tell me hold on and then all the channels are there. They then tell me that I need to pay an additional $6.95 for the Sports Package to get Discovery HD. I was told prior that if I had a box with digital plus that I would get those channels. I called and went over the channels and pricing twice with Tele-Media and once with Comcast and nobody mentioned this Sports Package until the wonderful supervisor I spoke with today whose attitude was tough. Also in the process we lost 2 channels on our other box that we now have to stay home to wait for a tech to fix. So they are telling me I will have to pay $7.95 for thr HD box + $2.00 more for the second regular box I already have + $6.95 for the sports pack to get the other half of the few HD channels available. OK, My question is, Has anyone else heard of this ? DirectV is looking better and better. While I wass talking to the wonderful supervisor he also could not tell me which channels I was supposed to get just that I needed to pay the $6.95 Take it or leave it too bad and wait another hour down at the office. I guesss when there is only one provider they don't have to have good CS. Just wondering if I am the only one with this story.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"
Old 01-14-2007, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlites13 View Post

We have had Tele-Media since we lived up here and have now been bought by Comcast as most everybody knows.. Decided to try the HD out on my projector so last week I called and got all the pricing and asked what channels were included. I was told that I would get Fox, ABC, CBS ESPN2, HD net, InHD and Discovery HD and probably something I forgot. Anyway, I was most interested in HD movies on demand, Discovery and ABC, CBS, and Fox. Saturday went and waited an hour in line for the box. Got it hooked up and only about 5 channels are working. Call Comcast and they tell me hold on and then all the channels are there. They then tell me that I need to pay an additional $6.95 for the Sports Package to get Discovery HD. I was told prior that if I had a box with digital plus that I would get those channels. I called and went over the channels and pricing twice with Tele-Media and once with Comcast and nobody mentioned this Sports Package until the wonderful supervisor I spoke with today whose attitude was tough. Also in the process we lost 2 channels on our other box that we now have to stay home to wait for a tech to fix. So they are telling me I will have to pay $7.95 for thr HD box + $2.00 more for the second regular box I already have + $6.95 for the sports pack to get the other half of the few HD channels available. OK, My question is, Has anyone else heard of this ? DirectV is looking better and better. While I wass talking to the wonderful supervisor he also could not tell me which channels I was supposed to get just that I needed to pay the $6.95 Take it or leave it too bad and wait another hour down at the office. I guesss when there is only one provider they don't have to have good CS. Just wondering if I am the only one with this story.

Give Comcast some slack. They are in the middle of converting us over to their pricing and packages. Since I sub to both Digital Preferred and Sports and Entertainment, I can't tell you which is included in what package, but here is what I get:

703 - WFSB (CBS)
707 - WABC (ABC)
718 - WNYW (FOX)
720 - WTXX (CW)
724 - WEDW (PBS/CPTV)
730 - WVIT (NBC)
750 - HBO HD
751 - Showtime HD
752 - Starz HD
753 - Cinemax HD
764 - TNT-HD
770 - HDNet
771 - HDNet Movies
772 - ESPNHD
774 - InHD
776 - Discovery HD Theater
777 - NFL Network HD
778 - ESPN2HD

Keep in mind, HDNet and HDNet Movies will be removed on Feb 1. It is because Comcast does not have a carriage agreement with them. Expect two new HD channels to replace them on or shortly after they disappear. Likely candidates are: MTV HD, Universal HD, Nat'l Geographic HD, and Versus/Golf HD.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:33 PM

Yes I realize they are in the middle of switching but they were very indifferent to resolving the problem. I was very patient and polite and have spent a tremendous amount of time on the phone with them in the last 3 days. It's just frustrating when you are told one thing and then another and yet another and I still don't know who to believe. Thanks for giving me your channel lineup for reference though. There website still has nothing for our area listed.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"
Old 01-15-2007, 12:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2HD4Now View Post

Nets were away last night which is why there was no guide data. YES HD only does home games.

In general, I do not see anymore basketball games in the INHD guide data besides those on NBA TV.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:29 AM

Indiana at New Jersey 3:30 PM Today
Orlando at New Jersey 8:00 PM Saturday

on INHD. Looks like they removed the listings from those areas that do not recieve the YES HD feed.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Now if they would just add the FSN HD feed of the Celtics when they have home games I could watch the worst team in basketball over the last 20 years in HD. Can't bring myself to watch a Nets game, even if it is HD.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:19 PM

I don't think they have any plans on giving us the FSN HD feed, bastards!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:16 PM

Is YES-HD available in New Britain?
Old 01-16-2007, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KML0224 View Post

Is YES-HD available in New Britain?

It should be. Check your guide on a night when the Nets have a home game to see if it's listed. All systems had YES-HD on 206 for Yankees games.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member

Not sure how relevant this is, but I wrote down the unscrambled channels coming out of the Branford Comcast area. This was as of about two weeks ago. I don't know if and when they change these channels.

72.1 - WFSB (CBS)
72.2 - WTIC (Fox)

73.8 - TV Guide

75.1 - NBC Weather
75.2 - WVIT (NBC)
75.3 - WTNH (ABC)

I know no one asked, but thought I'd just throw it out there.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:29 PM

You don't get WTXX-DT (CW) or WCTX-DT (MY)?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KML0224 View Post

You don't get WTXX-DT (CW) or WCTX-DT (MY)?

Not that I remember. Again, this is via the QAM tuner on my Sharp 46d62u set. I only picked up the channels I mentioned. It's possible I missed them. I did see a few VOD movies randomly around. Do you know what channels they are, unscrambled?
Old 01-19-2007, 04:44 PM

No I don't. I also get the occasional unscrambled movie, of which I can never control. Comcast here in New Britain doesn't carry WCTX-DT. We get WFSB, WTNH, WTXX, WVIT and WTIC.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:31 PM

Why I hate Comcast

So, I wake up this morning to a red light on the cable box. Sweet, I think to myself, maybe they are adding another HiDef channel soon, and this is the announcement. I look at the message, oh my god, it is about an HiDef channel!!!!

They have announced that, National Geo HD is now available on channel 207. Gee, thanks Comcast, that has only been the case for a month now!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but if you are in the Comcast Middletown region and have only lifeline cable (Channels 2 - 24), can a QAM tuner pick up WFSB in HD?
Old 01-26-2007, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake14mw View Post

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but if you are in the Comcast Middletown region and have only lifeline cable (Channels 2 - 24), can a QAM tuner pick up WFSB in HD?

You're supposed to be able to get all locals in HD with a QAM with basic cable. I say "supposed to" because I can't say for sure since I have Digital Silver.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake14mw View Post

Sounds like someone is ensuring they have the Superbowl in HD!

But to answer your question, yes you should be able too. It all depends on what the filter they are using on your line is filtering out.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:15 PM

You should be able to. I have the cable hooked to my TV directly here in New Britain, also a Comcast area. I get the digital versions channels 3, 8, 20, 30 and 61 plus PBS-HD.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:27 PM

According to the FCC, cabel companies are not allowed to encrypt local digital signals. So it all depends on what kind of filters are on the lines to prevent a QAM tuner from finding the signal.

http://hdguru.com/?feed=rss2
Old 01-29-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplchamp1 View Post

According to the FCC, cabel companies are not allowed to encrypt local digital signals. So it all depends on what kind of filters are on the lines to prevent a QAM tuner from finding the signal.

http://hdguru.com/?feed=rss2

I believe that they are supposed to unscramble local DIGITALS but not required to unscramble local HD channels. Fortunately, Comcast does not scramble the HD locals up here but when I was in FL over the holidays and helped my father-in-law hook up his HD set, only the digital locals were unscrambled - no HD in the clear. When I asked on the BHN Orlando board everyone seemed surprised that I would even consider getting HD over QAM from the cable company....
Old 01-29-2007, 02:13 PM

an HD channel is a local digital channel though.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:53 PM

Can someone post the unscrambled QAM channel numbers for comcast in Hartford? I am mostly interested in major networks. i tried searching through my tuner but didn't get much. i got pretty much all of them when i tried last year.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:55 AM

With my QAM tuner in New Britain:

82-1 WTXX-DT
82-2 The Tube
82-3 WEDH-DT (PBS-HD at night)
88-1 WVIT-DT
88-2 NBC Weather Plus
88-3 WTNH-DT
89-1 WFSB-DT
89-2 WTIC-DT
Old 02-01-2007, 04:20 PM

VSGLF (Vs. / Golf HD) added to 210 in East Hartford.

Encrypted
675 Mhz
256 QAM
Old 02-01-2007, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplchamp1 View Post

VSGLF (Vs. / Golf HD) added to 210 in East Hartford.

Encrypted
675 Mhz
256 QAM

VSGLF added in the Avon/Burlington/Canton area as well on 210. Too bad teh Dubai Desert Classic isn't in HD.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:08 PM

I STILL want FSN HD
Old 02-02-2007, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I've been told that unless there is enough demand for it that we aren't going to see FSN HD. I'm glad the C's suck otherwise I'd have to be annoyed about not having it. Then again, if they were good maybe there'd be a demand for it.

NESN should pick up the Celtics and drop the Bruins
Old 02-02-2007, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

I'd be interested in finding out when the Celtics TV deal with FSN expires. I could see NESN making a play for Celtics games. Of course, that would likely mean the NESN Alternate channel would be very active during this time of year.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:50 AM

Does anyone have Comcast HD service with the Series 3 Tivo?
I want to buy it but want to make sure I can get all the channels Comcast offers.
I read about them moving to SDV and this isn't supported by the S3.
It's so confusing. Can anyone clear it up some?