Hartford, CT - Comcast - Page 97 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2881 of 3339 Old 08-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Senior Member
 
mws192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
http://www.dpuc.state.ct.us/DPUCUndo...4?OpenDocument

Quote:


Channel additions

Clinton, Groton, Middletown and Vernon Systems
o Effective September 1, 2010, SportsNet New York (SNY) will be added to the Expanded Basic Tier at the following channel positions:
Clinton - channel 58;
Groton - channel 65;
Middletown - channel 59 and HD channel 254;
Vernon - channel 68 and HD channel 218.

SportsNet New York (SNY) provides compelling sports content from live New York Mets baseball games, in-depth coverage of the New York Jets football team, and is now the TV home of the University of Connecticut Men's Basketball and Football teams.



Channel name change

All systems
Effective July 12, 2010, Tr3, located on the Canales Selecto and Nuevo Selecto Packages changed its' name to MTV, Musica y Mas. Comcast respectfully requests that the Department grant a waiver of the thirty-day notice requirement pursuant to Conn. Gen. Stat. § 16-331k as the change was one over which Comcast had no control.

Update

By letter dated May 28, 2010, Comcast notified the Department that effective June 30, 2010, WEDW (PBS) HD located at channel position 724 on the Shelton Line-up would be removed. However, the programmer's name should have referenced as WNET (PBS) HD.

By letter dated June 25, 2010, Comcast notified the Department that effective July 13, 2010, several channels related to international programming would be launched in the Norwich, Old Lyme, Seymour and Waterbury systems. Those channel launches are now scheduled to take place on August 31, 2010.


Comcast channel line-ups reflecting the above information can be viewed at:

http://www.comcast.com/Customers/Clu/ChannelLineup.ashx


Schedule of Rates and Charges

All systems
Effective September 15, 2010, Comcast will be adjusting the price of the Office Reactivation Fee from $4.00 to $5.00. For the Department's reference, enclosed please find copies of the updated Price Brochures.

Customers are being notified of this change by bill message.

mws192 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2882 of 3339 Old 08-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Member
 
mnk716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Marlborough, CT
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Alright finally getting the Mets!!!!!
Probably the only fan in my town
Now if they can just get out of their funk
mnk716 is offline  
post #2883 of 3339 Old 08-11-2010, 03:47 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
madpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 14,003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What does Comcast have in terms of Red Zone these days? As a Jets fan in Vernon I'm limited to times they aren't opposite the Pats. I could live with it if I could at least get Red Zone HD

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
madpoet is offline  
post #2884 of 3339 Old 08-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Senior Member
 
ScoopsHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet View Post

What does Comcast have in terms of Red Zone these days? As a Jets fan in Vernon I'm limited to times they aren't opposite the Pats. I could live with it if I could at least get Red Zone HD

Red Zone HD should start up again mid September.
ScoopsHD is offline  
post #2885 of 3339 Old 08-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Member
 
Zapix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: England 2.0
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
To my mind blowing amazement, the ESPN3D section in OnDemand now has Day 1 of the X Games!

Not that I've ever previously had interest in X Games, but to watch it in 3D... I am more than happy to spend 3 hours watching the X Games! Sure nice to have considering I'm in an area of CT that normally is neglected and forgotten.


EDIT:

12 hours later the ESPN3D section in onDemand is missing, and along with it the hopes of Day2 for the X Games. Comcast is obviously teasing the area. I'm not happy. Might actually call comcast to complain about this.
Zapix is offline  
post #2886 of 3339 Old 08-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Member
 
Zapix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: England 2.0
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Called Comcast about ESPN3D going MIA from the onDemand list. The guy from the foreign country I seemingly called, tells me he's not sure, but think it was probably some special few day trial to show off a special sports package, and I should contact sales to order it. Uh huh... Yeah. Somebody at Comcast needs to explain to their employees that ESPN3D is not part of some special sports package you have to order (certainly not if you have their premium $1xx.00 cable package) , but it's added to areas selectively. Comcast once again deserves a boot in their mouth.

After that little exchange, I'm switching to DirectTV, no ifs ands or buts. Through, done. I'm tired of ignorant support people, and their complete customer neglect.
Zapix is offline  
post #2887 of 3339 Old 08-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
Feddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: CT
Posts: 762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapix View Post


After that little exchange, I'm switching to DirectTV, no ifs ands or buts. Through, done. I'm tired of ignorant support people, and their complete customer neglect.

Good luck finding ESPN3D on Demand with them.
Feddie is offline  
post #2888 of 3339 Old 08-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Member
 
Zapix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: England 2.0
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddie View Post

Good luck finding ESPN3D on Demand with them.

I'd actually have the channel (and 80+ other HD channels that Comcast doesn't give this area and probably never will) which a vast improvement over what I currently have... No 3D channel(s).

As for ESPN onDemand, I understand that it's a Comcast exclusive for now as part of some multiyear agreement. Which is no loss to me since I don't really watch sports (with the exception of motorsports in the form of Formula 1 and the World Rally Championship). The available 3D content from ESPN is all I care about from ESPN right now. Having the actual channel and being able to DVR the content would be just fine, no need for on Demand then.

Lack of HD content, no 3D content, worst customer support I've ever encountered... Really not amazing that Comcast walked away with the 2010 Golden Poo (Worst Company in America) Award! lol

I posted about the MIA content on Comcast's boards. It would seem all anyone could come up with was a quote from Comcast's FAQ saying that 3D content is not available in on demand. Interesting, because the world cup in 3D is most definately available on demand. It would seem Comcast doesn't even know what Comcast is doing.

Just waiting on the 1yr term with Comcast and their special pricing to come to an end (next month) and I'm dropping their cable. Unless they suddenly add every DirectTV has to offer between now and then, I'm done dealing with them. I wish I could drop the internet too as I have a long history of issues with them on that topic, but sadly it's either comcast or AT&T DSL. Both are horrible, one just happens to be faster.
Zapix is offline  
post #2889 of 3339 Old 08-16-2010, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BiggAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Interesting that so many people are having internet issues. My Comcast internet has been rock solid, albeit not being upgraded to 12mbps. That's the other benefit of a system upgrade, you get enough internet bandwidth to function in 2010. It actually would be Comcastic if I didn't know that 85% of Comcast's footprint was twice as fast.

Why is DirecTV so much more popular than Dish around here? Is it just not having the Yankees?
BiggAW is online now  
post #2890 of 3339 Old 08-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Member
 
Zapix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: England 2.0
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAW View Post

Interesting that so many people are having internet issues. My Comcast internet has been rock solid, albeit not being upgraded to 12mbps. That's the other benefit of a system upgrade, you get enough internet bandwidth to function in 2010. It actually would be Comcastic if I didn't know that 85% of Comcast's footprint was twice as fast.

Why is DirecTV so much more popular than Dish around here? Is it just not having the Yankees?

Mainly been problems of drop outs due to a weak signal coming from Comcast due to poor wiring or old wiring in the local area. I'm a bit of a tech so I know how to fix just about any problems that are on my end. I was having tons of drop out issues and they came out, looked at it, found nothing and would leave. Happened twice. Finally the cable got all screwy, and the modem went dead. Tech came out and had to fix a box by the road. Cable and internet back, still had drop outs. Finally noticed the power signal from their line to the modem was seriously messed up. Spiking, dropping, etc. They came out again, had to rewire 1/2 of the street and the line to the house because it was all messed up. That and several technical issues on their end that they make me go through hoops before listening to me so I can tell them what the problem is. I don't think we're getting the 12mbps we are supposed to be getting though. I wonder if anyone really does. On second thought, I prefer not to actually.

It's poor service like that adds into this whole cable issue with only having a few HD channels while knowing that a town or two away people have 3 or 4 times as many. That alot of those channels have been available for a long time, and it feels like because I live in a rural area, nobody really cares. Fact though. If power lines go down, city areas are priority and rural towns are last on the list. I understand why, but we pay the same rates as everyone else, so second class treatment just feels unacceptable.

My guess with Direct TV and Dish is the fact there's more HD content. As I described it to a friend... You have $60 and no matter which restaurant you pick, you spend the full $60. You can have dinner at McDonalds or Chilis, where do you go? Obviously you want the most for your money, and Comcast typically doesn't offer that.

My only real concern are the trees in the direction the dish will have to be pointed in... As shown in the picture.



EDIT NOTE: OMG! I will never mention power outs and how long it takes to get power back! LMAO, it figures, I said something, and the power went out for about 2 1/2 hours.
LL
Zapix is offline  
post #2891 of 3339 Old 08-16-2010, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BiggAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapix View Post

Mainly been problems of drop outs due to a weak signal coming from Comcast due to poor wiring or old wiring in the local area. I'm a bit of a tech so I know how to fix just about any problems that are on my end. I was having tons of drop out issues and they came out, looked at it, found nothing and would leave. Happened twice. Finally the cable got all screwy, and the modem went dead. Tech came out and had to fix a box by the road. Cable and internet back, still had drop outs. Finally noticed the power signal from their line to the modem was seriously messed up. Spiking, dropping, etc. They came out again, had to rewire 1/2 of the street and the line to the house because it was all messed up. That and several technical issues on their end that they make me go through hoops before listening to me so I can tell them what the problem is. I don't think we're getting the 12mbps we are supposed to be getting though. I wonder if anyone really does. On second thought, I prefer not to actually.

It's poor service like that adds into this whole cable issue with only having a few HD channels while knowing that a town or two away people have 3 or 4 times as many. That alot of those channels have been available for a long time, and it feels like because I live in a rural area, nobody really cares. Fact though. If power lines go down, city areas are priority and rural towns are last on the list. I understand why, but we pay the same rates as everyone else, so second class treatment just feels unacceptable.

My guess with Direct TV and Dish is the fact there's more HD content. As I described it to a friend... You have $60 and no matter which restaurant you pick, you spend the full $60. You can have dinner at McDonalds or Chilis, where do you go? Obviously you want the most for your money, and Comcast typically doesn't offer that.

My only real concern are the trees in the direction the dish will have to be pointed in... As shown in the picture.



EDIT NOTE: OMG! I will never mention power outs and how long it takes to get power back! LMAO, it figures, I said something, and the power went out for about 2 1/2 hours.

Ah ok, so just basic cable signal levels. I guess it makes sense, since these plants were designed for analog, and now we are shoving DOCSIS and QAM triple-play over them.

The treatment is totally unacceptable, and I think the DPUC should have/should pursue action against Comcast for charging the same for "HD" on a system with 20 HD's, as one with 100 HD's, as that is just not right.

I know why people are going to satellite, it's obvious: they have more HD, a lot more, and better/ bigger DVRs to boot. What I'm wondering is why DirecTV is so heavily favored in this area over Dish, especially with the HD setups. Maybe just the Yankees issue?
BiggAW is online now  
post #2892 of 3339 Old 08-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Member
 
Zapix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: England 2.0
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
for 3DTV owners, the PGA Championship in 3D is now available in the sports section of on demand. No idea if this is to all areas of CT, but I am assuming so. About to start watching it now before it has a possible chance to vanish like the X Games in 3D did.
Zapix is offline  
post #2893 of 3339 Old 08-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Member
 
Eminemdrdre00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had basic Comcast cable but switched to U-Verse. The 6 month U-Verse deal expired and Comcast offered a great deal so now I'm back with them. The HD lineup in Branford is pathetic! I'm enjoying the better HD quality, but U-Verse had over 70 HD channels. Anyone know when Branford will be getting more HD? Lots more hopefully...
Eminemdrdre00 is offline  
post #2894 of 3339 Old 08-22-2010, 01:57 AM
Senior Member
 
DavidinCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Someplace in CT
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Comcast sucks !

So, here we go again, because I don't have digital cable every once and a while I get this promo stuff. This one shows something they cant offer here. This is a EXACT quote from the promo card.

"With Digital Preferred, Watch today's most popular progrmas like CSI, 30 Rock, and the Office, Plus get...."
Right below this is clear logos for DiscoveryHD, USA-HD, NFL-HD and History-HD. (not one of these channels have ever been offered in my area)

They clearly say, with Digital Preferred, I would get these channels. So, I contacted customer service on-line and ask, maybe they popped up in the last month os so, after the whole thing, Customer service (Edeline, Chat ID: cc468e62-846d-4823-a73d-e4cfa4126eda) claims that I they have a ton of more HD in my area and tells me to go into the local office and look at document #1227957 for proof and that the web site is wrong.

So, I go to my office and talked to the lady at the desk (very plesant and agrees with the poor HD in the area) and it is the same exact lineup that they have in the last 3 years, no new HD addtions (maybe some SD channels but, I don't care about them).

How can Comcast get away with this ? They send a mailer, claiming I will get new HD programming, then I contact customer service, they cliam I will get even more HD programming, then I go to an office, they don't offer any of it.

If I was someone who only went by the ad they sent, they might sign up expecting these channels and after getting it setup and the hassle of it all, get none of it.

How can a company do this and get away with it ?

-Dave

MCSE 2003
Windows Media Center specialist

Avid gamer and home theater junkie..
DavidinCT is offline  
post #2895 of 3339 Old 08-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Newbie
 
BLAZE86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Recently Comcrap decided to push for a new BIOS and UI in the Norwich area which are mostly SA boxes I believe..

Is it me though, or does the new guide BIOS UI seem cheap, watered down and dumbed up?

It's lacking alot of the functions these SA boxes had until..

Can no longer toggle between 1080p and 720p feeds. Can't auto-stretch 480p or any on demand programing..

The text globally, not just captions and box cells are way to big and jagged.

Users can't control anything now, such as text type, or size.

SAP and captions are tucked deep in the setup menu of a menu.

And overall picture quality has been degraded.

Now... do you think comcast is trying to force me to have to drive to Norwich office to talk ch3t so they can try to throw a scam pitch at me?

Comcast claims #1 cable provider in the USA as of now, but the way they have been delivering on that is far from anything.

And in the mean time my bill is going to prolly be $500 next month just for posting this post..

Comcast is getting to big I think.. ^^

I don't wanna be a racist or anything.. but have you noticed, Comcast's logo does indeed have a crescent moon in it.. So.. are they like pro Islam or something? Death to America is that what they say behind close doors? ><<br />
It's all bbq and bananas..
BLAZE86 is offline  
post #2896 of 3339 Old 08-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Member
 
wmccullough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tolland, Connecticut
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A crescent moon? It's a C (for Comcast). That is one of the most idiotic things I have seen in a long time.
wmccullough is offline  
post #2897 of 3339 Old 08-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Newbie
 
BLAZE86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmccullough View Post

A crescent moon? It's a C (for Comcast). That is one of the most idiotic things I have seen in a long time.

Why put 2 C's in a insignia though?

How am I being idiotic before there was even text or any type of lithography, things where displayed by symbols, Just because time changes symbols still have meaning.. you can't just mesh the **** together and say oh.. this a C for Comcast.. lulz

BLAZE86 is offline  
post #2898 of 3339 Old 08-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Member
 
Zapix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: England 2.0
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE86 View Post

Is it me though, or does the new guide BIOS UI seem cheap, watered down and dumbed up?

It's lacking alot of the functions these SA boxes had until..

Can no longer toggle between 1080p and 720p feeds. Can't auto-stretch 480p or any on demand programing..

The text globally, not just captions and box cells are way to big and jagged.

Users can't control anything now, such as text type, or size.

The change here was made back in June. I agree, the new SA menu isn't that great. There are some customized options you can select though if you dig into the cable box options under [MENU]. You can change the number of boxes displayed and etc which shrinks the text and boxes down to a more reasonable size. Just increase the max number of channels displayed to 5, etc etc. It looks better when you do this. You can also change the menu background color and whatnot.

True enough you can't use the ZOOM feature for ondemand programming anymore, but there's a glitch of sorts you can use to get it to zoom. To do this, zoom in before accessing the content. I figured this out as a random experiment. If I hadn't, comcast would have received a call (then again, they are in a few weeks!)

Hope that helps.
Zapix is offline  
post #2899 of 3339 Old 08-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Newbie
 
BLAZE86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapix View Post

Reason: side note... [C]om[c]ast

Yea I was just pointing out it looks like a moon.. ^^

Thanks for the Zoom glitch
BLAZE86 is offline  
post #2900 of 3339 Old 08-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Member
 
Cardiff Giant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not strictly HD related, but does anyone happen to know off hand which package and how much it would cost me to get Fox Soccer Channel if I already have Digital and HD and DVR service? I got really into Soccer this past world cup and am looking to watch as much Premier League as possible and ESPN and CSN's offerings just aren't enough
Cardiff Giant is offline  
post #2901 of 3339 Old 08-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
Feddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: CT
Posts: 762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post

Not strictly HD related, but does anyone happen to know off hand which package and how much it would cost me to get Fox Soccer Channel if I already have Digital and HD and DVR service? I got really into Soccer this past world cup and am looking to watch as much Premier League as possible and ESPN and CSN's offerings just aren't enough

I think the sports package is $7.95 a month.
Feddie is offline  
post #2902 of 3339 Old 08-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Member
 
ad301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Madison CT
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
FWIW....

I'm on the Branford system, although I gave up on Comcast about 2 years ago and went to DirecTV for TV. I still have Comcast for internet service.

I noticed a truck out by the street, so I took a walk out and saw it was a Comcast van. The guy was very friendly and had some interesting info. He was taking some readings. I asked when we would see some more HD in this area. He said what he was doing was the first step in upgrading the system. He said they had recently approved the spending plan to upgrade the Branford system to 850Mhz. That should, according to him, give us enough bandwidth to add 80 to 85 more HD channels, as well as increase internet speed. That's the good news. The bad news is the time frame. He said it would take a year to a year and a half. I also asked about Clinton. He said they'll be upgraded in about the same time frame.

Again, take it FWIW. The guy seemed very knowledgeable, but who really knows?
ad301 is offline  
post #2903 of 3339 Old 08-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Senior Member
 
PatG25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Durham, CT
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad301 View Post

FWIW....

I'm on the Branford system, although I gave up on Comcast about 2 years ago and went to DirecTV for TV. I still have Comcast for internet service.

I noticed a truck out by the street, so I took a walk out and saw it was a Comcast van. The guy was very friendly and had some interesting info. He was taking some readings. I asked when we would see some more HD in this area. He said what he was doing was the first step in upgrading the system. He said they had recently approved the spending plan to upgrade the Branford system to 850Mhz. That should, according to him, give us enough bandwidth to add 80 to 85 more HD channels, as well as increase internet speed. That's the good news. The bad news is the time frame. He said it would take a year to a year and a half. I also asked about Clinton. He said they'll be upgraded in about the same time frame.

Again, take it FWIW. The guy seemed very knowledgeable, but who really knows?

1 Comcast year is 2.5 Calendar years. I also switched to DirecTV a while ago. In addition to the lacking HD channels the other problem is the cost of HD boxes. I have 5 TVs hooked up in my house right now with HD. My monthly bill right now is $50 less than having one box with Comcast. After the first year that fee will increase to $10 more than Comcast with one HD box.
PatG25 is offline  
post #2904 of 3339 Old 08-31-2010, 09:16 AM
Member
 
Zapix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: England 2.0
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had read somewhere that Comcast was saying they would be completely upgraded for 100+ HD channels in all Comcast areas by the end of 2010. This was a statement made in like 2008 or 2009. Here we are coming into the final stretch of 2010, and they're saying it'll take a year to get Brandford up and going? LOL

I noticed the neighbors have a dish on their roof so I am going to ask them how good their reception is if they use it. The same trees that are a problem to me would be a problem to them, so if it works for them, it will for us.
Zapix is offline  
post #2905 of 3339 Old 09-07-2010, 02:44 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
madpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 14,003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know how Vernon (Bolton) Comcast flags their channels in terms of cablecard recording? I was glad to see that there's a lot of unencrypted QAM still, but it's only the non-HD channels I'd love to be able to get just the locals in HD and recorded to my PC with Sage.

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
madpoet is offline  
post #2906 of 3339 Old 09-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Senior Member
 
the q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Collegeville, PA
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It looks like there may be some new HD channels coming to the Comcast Danbury area in October, if this post is to be believed....


http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...ble-boxes.html

under the September 2 comments......

"I received some information from the Comcast team that manages the Danbury, CT area and it looks as though additional HD channels will be arriving in Danbury in two separate waves, the first wave targeted to start in October.

This first wave of new HD channels is expected to add over 30 new HD channels including the HD PPV events channel. The second wave of additional HD channels for your area is currently scheduled for early 2011 and will be another set of more than 30 channels. All in all there should be approximately 68 new HD channels added over the next months. This schedule is certainly subject to change but I wanted to give you some idea of what to expect and when.

Specific channels and dates for your area will be communicated from your local Comcast area.

Our customers in SA areas will be seeing some significant improvements this year into next. Thanks for your patience and thanks for being a Comcast customer"

The Q
the q is offline  
post #2907 of 3339 Old 09-08-2010, 02:19 AM
Senior Member
 
DavidinCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Someplace in CT
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19


This image is for everyone who gets very little HD channels...Like for us in Ledyard, New London, Mystic....



or this one...can you see I am feeling the love for the lying bastards who claim more HD....

-Dave

MCSE 2003
Windows Media Center specialist

Avid gamer and home theater junkie..
DavidinCT is offline  
post #2908 of 3339 Old 09-08-2010, 09:25 AM
ebo
Advanced Member
 
ebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Delmar NY
Posts: 744
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet View Post

Does anyone know how Vernon (Bolton) Comcast flags their channels in terms of cablecard recording? I was glad to see that there's a lot of unencrypted QAM still, but it's only the non-HD channels I'd love to be able to get just the locals in HD and recorded to my PC with Sage.

Hmmmm... Consulting my crystal ball, a.k.a. the SiliconDust Lineup Server, for zip 06066 it appears that Comcast for Vernon Rockville has (or had in late August or early September, judging by dates on the PEG channels) the local broadcasts in HD but they're in the range of channels 42-47, which used to be for expanded basic (i.e. non-premium cable) analog channels. Those channels were trapped out for those who subscribed to just the most basic package. Is it possible that you have that package?

Comcast everywhere is in the process of eliminating the analog channels, going all-digital. Sort of like the broadcast transition, except that this time around they can't claim that if you have cable you won't be affected.

BTW, TVFool for 06066 says you're line-of-sight and only about 20 miles from stations representing most of the major networks. You should be able to get them with the proper antenna.
ebo is offline  
post #2909 of 3339 Old 09-08-2010, 02:43 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
madpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 14,003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep, and I have the antenna. Got tons of multipathing issues though which drive me mad . I'll be blunt... I have digital cable only right now. They don't (or can't) trap out the local digital SD channels for me so I can see them. Used to be able to see the HD versions too. Good to know it might just be a trap issue for when I subscribe to the package. I wonder if I can get them to remove the trap but not have to get a cable box if I don't feel like it...

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
madpoet is offline  
post #2910 of 3339 Old 09-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
Beaker1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: CT
Posts: 949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, Just got the postcard flyer on the "myDVR" scheduling via computer or smartphone.

Decided to do a quick search and found a MA/southern NH article that Comcast has a "AnyRoom DVR" also as something new. Now I'm getting to the interesting part (atleast to me).

The article said you need new hardware for the AnyRoom (upto 3 HD stbs/clients) and that it is a 500GB HD for 50hrs of HD content! That's the interesting part to me. I think we've gone a long time on the SA8300HD platform and my #1 thought is a bigger hard drive is long over due.

Anyone know if southeastern CT might get the new boxes. Yes I know you can do external SATA w/old SA8300HD but that's out of pocket cash and headaches with issues, etc....
Beaker1024 is offline  
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off