AVS Forum banner

Hartford, CT - Comcast

387K views 3K replies 216 participants last post by  madpoet 
#1 ·
###########################################

Master Channel List for CT Comcast Systems Attached to This Post

###########################################

Needs a lot of updating to make current, but here's my most up-to-date Excel file.
Connecticut Comcast Channel Lineups

See less See more
#3 ·
WooHoo! Thanks Addicted for starting this thread. It WAS a pain sifting through the OTA talk in Hartford HDTV thread.

I used to have DHD with Dish. I'm very happy to have it back. Also glad to have INHD2. Before when I checked the listing for what's on INHD2 always had cool stuff while INHD had, say, sumo wrestling or some other oddball sport related show.

Yeah, I too would like to see a more accurate guide listing for the INHDs. During baseball season it always seems to show "baseball" for INHD (1 or 2) then when I tune it in there is a movie showing.

I guess what I'd like to see first is stable, dropout free reception. This seems to be a bit of a problem lately. As for channels I'd like to see TNT-HD and Universal-HD.

Andy

#4 ·
There was a Hartford Comcast dedicated thread at one point that was abandoned last year if I remember correctly.

Wow, you're just getting InHD2 and Discovery HD now? Seems Hartford Comcast seems to be lagging behind Western Mass Comcast (Is that even possible?) We just got UPN HD and added TNT HD about 2 months ago.

We're still waiting for ABC HD which you guys seem to have with WTNH. Our NBC affiliate WWLP has a horrible audio sync issue with their HD so not everything is that great up here.

#5 ·
Patrick,

Yeah, it was a long wait to get Discovery HD, but it's finally here and I'm loving it! I wish I had more storage on my DVR because I'd keep recording everything I already watched in SD to see it in HD. Unfortunately I have to be a bit more discrimating since the new season of Prime Time shows have started.

Comcast CT waited quite a while to add any new HD programming (WB added in February, and nothing until the entire line-up realignment) so they could get some infrastructure reconfigured throughout CT. That meant we didn't get TNT-HD for the NBA playoffs like many other Comcast areas did. I doubt we'll see it in time for the NBA season, but who knows, we're due for a surprise or two I think (I'm not holding my breath though).

I'm hoping that since SBC is looking to get their video service going by early '06 that we start seeing some more channel offerings from Comcast before the end of the year. One can only hope.

#6 ·
Andy,

Seemed like INHD2 always had the decent concerts and nature shows (IMAX stuff) that INHD never carried. Now that I have INHD2, I haven't seen anything worth watching on there either, LOL!
I also haven't seen many movies available on either channel lately, maybe I'm just not looking on the right nights.

Universal HD would definitely be a nice addition. Since the NBA season is coming, I think I'd want TNT-HD before Universal HD, but I'd be happy with either at this point. ESPN2HD would be nice to have as well since the UConn/Syracuse football game this Friday night is on there along with the Red Sox/White Sox Game 3 of the ALDS.

I'm glad to Discovery HD and INHD2, but want more HD channels besides those since just about everyone but us has had them for years. I don't consider them "new" at this point.

#7 ·
I live in Portland CT and am STILL WAITING for my INHD2 and Discovery. I called again last night and they said it once again got pushed back to mid October. I'm hoping to see more HD added soon, TNT would be cool.

#10 ·
Ha! Here is a good case in point about the guide. I'm upstairs browsing the guide; cool! I see hockey listed on INHD2! So I go downstairs, fireup the pj, get all comfy and.... WTF? I see a couple dudes paddling down a brown river talking about ancient Mayans.

Now don't get me wrong. I like history/exploring kinda shows. But not when I'm psyched about watching a HD hockey (bruins no less)! Of course I do the channel surf and the game is in INHD. Which of course lists something called "Royal Links" about golf courses. :O

Gee, I guess I'm glad I DON"T have a DVR

Addicted, your right. Come to think about it I haven't seen any good movies on INHD2 lately either. Must be season thing maybe?

HD hockey from the new garden is looking sweet, BTW!

#11 ·
I am on the Danbury CT system and while we have gotten our new channel lineup we haven't seen any of the new channels. Anyone have an idea when the new channels will start?

Also on another note, does anyone know when our system will start the analog to digital conversion (or simultcast).

Thanks

#12 ·
ctsooner,

Are you sure your system hasn't already started ADS (Analog Digital Simulcast)? Comcast is supposed to be finished with most of their systems by the end of 2005. If you flip through the basic and extended basic channels, you'll see a Dolby "D" momentarily in the info bar at the bottom of the screen if it's being transmitted in Digital (assuming you have a Motorola 6412, not sure what happens on SA boxes).

#13 ·
Addicted2HD4Now - Thanks for starting this thread up..... I did see your post to me on the other Hartford (OTA gang) thread.

All - New London (Groton) Comcast just did the channel lineup change a day or two ago (I posted exactly when on the other thread). I did _not_ see any additional HD channels yet. I couldn't find DiscoveryHD or inHD2. Also, this region does not have TNT-HD or WB-HD yet.

Maybe we should put down our Comcast regions for CT and what HD channels (and what head-end system, Moto or SA) we do have? Then update it with the date a channel was added? A nice table, excel or something? We could have this as a file attachment or post in the first post which could be continusly updated.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker1024 /forum/post/0

Addicted2HD4Now - Thanks for starting this thread up..... I did see your post to me on the other Hartford (OTA gang) thread.

All - New London (Groton) Comcast just did the channel lineup change a day or two ago (I posted exactly when on the other thread). I did _not_ see any additional HD channels yet. I couldn't find DiscoveryHD or inHD2. Also, this region does not have TNT-HD or WB-HD yet.

Maybe we should put down our Comcast regions for CT and what HD channels (and what head-end system, Moto or SA) we do have? Then update it with the date a channel was added? A nice table, excel or something? We could have this as a file attachment or post in the first post which could be continusly updated.

I like that idea. Here's some info...

I am in East Hartford..

HD Channels

202 ESPN

205 Discovery Theatre

206 INHD

207 INHD2

223 Showtime

227 Starz!

231 WTNH

232 WVIT

233 WFSB

234 WTIC

235 WTXX

240 WEDH

300 HBO

319 Cinemax

ADS Channels

2 WFSB

3 CN8

4 WVIT

6 WTIC

8 WTNH

9 WCTX

10 WHPX

11 WTXX

13 WRDM

18 WUVN

22 C-Span

42 Disney

70 QVC

#15 ·
Addicted ...

In Danbury we are on a SA system. In searching around it appears that Moto systems are getting ADS first. On the SA box you hold down the Select button until the Mail light illuminates then press the info button. The diag screen comes up and tells you that you are either analog or digitial. I can switch channels, and see which channels are actually analog and which are digital.

I have a feeling sometimes that the Danbury location is somewhat of an orphan in the Comcast system, this has +s and -s.

On the update side when I came home today, the remainder the of the channel lineup was on our system. I wonder if I will need to rescan with the internal tuner on the Sony? Did they just move channel assignments or physically move the stations.

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker1024 /forum/post/0

######################################

Channel listing PDF moved to first post in this thread

( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&post6273028 )

######################################

Great idea. I attached a PDF of a spreadsheet that hopefully people from different locations can help update as info is available.

I will do my area's ADS info soon (Avon) and post a revised document. If anyone else has updated info for me to include, please pass it along in a PM.

Notice New Haven has TNT HD or will be getting it shortly. I wonder when the rest of us will get it since it's supposed to be the same lineup throughout the state.

-Scott

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2HD4Now /forum/post/0

Great idea. I attached a PDF of a spreadsheet that hopefully people from different locations can help update as info is available.

I will do my area's ADS info soon (Avon) and post a revised document. If anyone else has updated info for me to include, please pass it along in a PM.

Notice New Haven has TNT HD or will be getting it shortly. I wonder when the rest of us will get it since it's supposed to be the same lineup throughout the state.

-Scott

Scott,

FYI The Danbury system does show YES HD on INHD when the Yankees are home.

#19 ·
Addicted2HD4Now - Great job with the PDF.... alot of information already in there!

I only have one update and then some suggestions.

Groton system has Scientific Atlantic for it's headend.

Suggestions:

A) Maybe have the date the HD channel was added for that area (so we can see how long it takes to unify the state). This information might be hard to get retrospective data on so maybe just this recent additions and moving forward.

B) Maybe in the "Headend" section have the "best HD DVR" model number distributed for that area. So for the Groton System that's the SA8000HD. This info would help because some CSRs say the SA8300HD is in the New Haven or Hartford areas while others say it's not in the state at all. I guess that the Moto 6412 is the "best" HD DVR Moto has?? (Guessing)

#20 ·
Is the fact that a system has HD On Demand on 196 an indication that it's an SA headend? There are Motorola headend locations that have HD On Demand, but not a channel listing for it. I'm guessing the SA boxes don't have the capabilities for On Demand that the Moto boxes do? Anyone know for sure?

I'll fill in the dates that HD channels were added that I remember, and anyone who knows others can let me know.

Thanks.

#21 ·
Well dang.

I dont mean to hijack here, but with the other thread nearly 95% OTA and this thread about Comcast.. I guess I'm feeling a little left out.

I have Charter for cable. I'm in southern litchfield county - Roxbury.

For HD channels, I get DiscoveryHD, ESPNHD, HBOHD, ShowtimeHD, and the local affliates for Fox, TNT and NBC, which are not always in HD. Frankly, Charter makes me sick. I've been trying to figure out a better alternative than constantly sending them hate mail asking when they are going to step up and put out some more HD channels. They always give me the same canned, cut and paste replies to my email "We are negotiating with other channels all the time for HD content..." (yeah right).

Anyway, I didnt see where to put this post so that I could commiserate with my fellow Charter customers. Anyone have any information on Charter? maybe I can get lucky and they'll sell out to Comcast or something? They seem pretty unconcerned about HD.

#22 ·
Reyton,

Not sure what to tell you. Comcast has to be the most prominent cable provider in CT and made up most of the cable discussion in the Hartford, CT - HDTV thread. That's why I started this one that was Comcast-focused. I guess the moderators could always kill this thread/merge it back with the HDTV thread or make it "Hartford, CT - Cable" instead.

As much as we ***** about Comcast and it's HD offerings, it seems to stack up pretty well against other cable operators' offerings. Especially the others in CT.

I doubt you'll see Comcast acquiring another cable operator any time soon. They're still in the middle of finalizing the acquisition of Adelphia (which they're splitting with Time Warner). I doubt the acquisition of another operator beyond that would be allowed.

#23 ·
I'm in Portland and have Scientific Atlanta box. Still am not seeing the new channel lineup as posted in the PDF, no Discovery and INHD2 for me yet. Also, why is Middletown/Portland area like one of the only areas without the WB in HD? I feel like i'm getting screwed!

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd1438 /forum/post/0

I'm in Portland and have Scientific Atlanta box. Still am not seeing the new channel lineup as posted in the PDF, no Discovery and INHD2 for me yet. Also, why is Middletown/Portland area like one of the only areas without the WB in HD? I feel like i'm getting screwed!

Welcome to the "I feel screwed by Comcast" club. We've all been there at one time or another. When the Vernon area got the new channel lineup first (two months before my system did) I felt pretty bitter. The fact that the Boston area has UPN HD and TNT HD and Fox Sports Net Celtics games in HD, which we don't have, makes me feel like I'm getting screwed.

Anyway, I have updated the PDF with "coming soon" for Discovery HD and INHD2 for the Middletown system. If you can give me your actual current HD lineup, I'll update it to make it completely accurate to date.

Have you even received anything in the mail yet from Comcast that says when you're going to be getting the new channel lineup?

#25 ·
Yeah, I was supposed to get the lineup at the end of Sept, but it got delayed again. I'll post my current HD lineup tonight when I get home. I'll post up when I actually do see the new lineup appear also.

#26 ·
I also live in Portland.According to the message on my bill here,we should have the new line-up on Oct 12 followed by "great new programming etc..." a few days later.Of coarse the origonal roll- out date was Sept 27 and that pushed back,so who knows. Keep my fingers crossed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.