Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX
Referring to your quote in Bold above:
Does the Trio IPG have an option of a classic Passport style IPG or are you referring to actually using your prior DVR with Passport?
If it does have a classic style IPG is it 4:3 or 16:9?
yeah i don't think it is exactly identical to the "passport" guide but it is very close and yes it is just a bit quicker. But it is stylized like the old passport guide i was used too.
And on a second note.... still having problems with missed recordings... all have the same messages.... "recording failed because this program could not be found in the program guide" even thought it was highlighted in red and all indications were ok...except the red recording light on the front panel was not on. But in the guide the program had it's red icon and all looked normal.
Not good..... now i have found myself doing double recording on a separate DVD recorder to ensure i don't miss something important.
Have totally lost faith in the new Cisco box.
So much for new technology.
Still hoping for a firmware/software update to address the issues that lots of people are having with this unit.
1) speed... this box is SLOW (guide and button response) TERRIBLE!!
2) missed recordings (Unacceptable)
3) No Native pass-through abilities. (box is capable but not allowed by COX)
4) 3 or 4 button pushes to accomplish the same thing with 1 or 2 using the 0ld Motorla box "Passport" guide.
5) when watching recorded shows remotely (on another TV)... accessing the programming is SLOW.. and fast forwarding is horrible...
(it appears that the buffering is horribly slow)
I'm sure others will add more to the list.....