VIA ELECTRONIC FILING AND FIRST-CLASS MAIL
Mrs. Kimberley J. Santopietro
Executive Secretary
Department of Public Utility Control
10 Franklin Square
New Britain, CT 06051

Re: Cox Communications New England - Programming Information
Dear Mrs. Santopietro:
CoxCom, Inc. d/b/a Cox Communications New England (“Cox”) herein notifies the Department of Public Utility Control (the “Department”) of a potential programming deletion throughout Cox’s Connecticut service areas. Pursuant to federal law, Cox is required to obtain permission from broadcast stations to provide their signals on Cox’s programming lineup (known as “retransmission consent”). LIN TV Corp. is the owner of WTNH (ABC 8) in position 7, WCTX (MNT Network) in position 9 and SkyMax Weather; digital programming in position 125. Cox’s carriage rights for these signals currently expire at 11:59 p.m. on February 28, 2011.

Cox is in the midst of negotiations with LIN TV Corp. and is optimistic that the parties will reach an agreement in sufficient time for it to be authorized to continue carrying this programming after the current expiration. In an abundance of caution, Cox is notifying its customers of the possible loss of WTNH, WCTX and SkyMax Weather after February 28, 2011 via newspaper legal notices that will run on Saturday, January 29, 2011 in the Hartford Courant and Journal Inquirer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2320 Old 02-02-2011, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
not sure which cable service is in nyc but i have to tell you, that is how things are supposed to work. you can actually channel surf since the speed which you can go from channel to channel is instant, not the delay we are experiencing with whdvr (and even the old motorola boxes)
post #2073 of 2320 Old 02-08-2011, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulf979cb View Post

Hi there..... i have done lots of recordings and have yet to miss one due to box error but i do agree that the shows are cutoff by one minute. Kinda frustrating these days because shows routinely run the full 60 minutes... they use every minute they have... so you end up missing a bit of the desired show.
My biggest gripe is the sluggishness of the Trio guide..... Oh my god... yup even the wife is complaining... (that's when you know it's bad)..
Something really needs to be done with this ...
I have actually resorted to using the classic style "passport" guide because with the slow response from each button push i find it easier to navigate the guide using the classic style. Kinda defeats the purpose of having the new guide...
I am a bit disappointed in the product so far and the lack of support i am getting from Cox on the Native Pass-Through issue...
BUT>>>> with the new Whole Home DVR service and a bundle option my monthly bill actually went down by 5 dollars... so makes no sense to return and go back to paying more money.... oh well...i'll just live with it.. and hope they (COX) comes out with some patches and fast!!!

Referring to your quote in Bold above:
Does the Trio IPG have an option of a classic Passport style IPG or are you referring to actually using your prior DVR with Passport?
If it does have a classic style IPG is it 4:3 or 16:9?

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #2074 of 2320 Old 02-09-2011, 05:53 AM

The Trio guide can be set to grid view, which isn't really the old guide, but it does seem to behave a little quicker.

The guide aspect ratio can be set to either 16:9 or 4:3.
post #2075 of 2320 Old 02-13-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post
Referring to your quote in Bold above:
Does the Trio IPG have an option of a classic Passport style IPG or are you referring to actually using your prior DVR with Passport?
If it does have a classic style IPG is it 4:3 or 16:9?

yeah i don't think it is exactly identical to the "passport" guide but it is very close and yes it is just a bit quicker. But it is stylized like the old passport guide i was used too.

And on a second note.... still having problems with missed recordings... all have the same messages.... "recording failed because this program could not be found in the program guide" even thought it was highlighted in red and all indications were ok...except the red recording light on the front panel was not on. But in the guide the program had it's red icon and all looked normal.

Not good..... now i have found myself doing double recording on a separate DVD recorder to ensure i don't miss something important.
Have totally lost faith in the new Cisco box.
So much for new technology.
Still hoping for a firmware/software update to address the issues that lots of people are having with this unit.

1) speed... this box is SLOW (guide and button response) TERRIBLE!!
2) missed recordings (Unacceptable)
3) No Native pass-through abilities. (box is capable but not allowed by COX)
4) 3 or 4 button pushes to accomplish the same thing with 1 or 2 using the 0ld Motorla box "Passport" guide.
5) when watching recorded shows remotely (on another TV)... accessing the programming is SLOW.. and fast forwarding is horrible...
(it appears that the buffering is horribly slow)

I'm sure others will add more to the list.....
post #2076 of 2320 Old 02-13-2011, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

I've been away from this thread for quite some time. AVS stopped sending the email alerts to me, don't know what that's all about.

Anyway, I've had my whole home DVR with the Cisco stuff and Trio guide for about two months now, and I'm ready to trash it. There are so many issues with the software on the boxes that have been documented in this thread numerous times. There are so many problems that I doubt they'll be able to address all or even some within a years time with various software updates. Major, major performance issues. I have heard that the speed issue is because the Trio guide is loading a lot more data, well even when I'm just trying to surf with the channel up and down buttons it's painfully slow. Often times the channel will change about 10 seconds after I've pressed up or down. On demand craps out frequently, leaving me unable to order movies. A box restart seems to fix that, but this box takes forever to come back up after a restart, and is even more painfully slow for the hours following. Navigating on demand is incredibly slow as well.

So anyway, that's my rant. Now I have a question. With the tier of new HD channels that are only available with the whole home DVR... is there a technical reason for that, or is it just another way that Cox is trying to force the whole home DVR on people? I would have no problem whatsoever trading in my Cisco boxes for the old Motorola boxes and continue to pay the $5 additional per month if it means I will also get the new HD channels. Is this possible to do? What about if I got a Tivo using CableCard, would the new HD channels be available to me in some way?

Thanks.
post #2077 of 2320 Old 02-13-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieORF View Post

With the tier of new HD channels that are only available with the whole home DVR...

Is there a list of these somewhere?
post #2078 of 2320 Old 02-13-2011, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichael View Post

Is there a list of these somewhere?

820 SWRV HD
821 DIY HD
822 Cooking Channel HD
823 Hub HD
850 HBO (W) HD
851 HBO2 (W) HD
852 HBO Signature HD
853 HBO Family HD
856 HBO Latino HD
860 Cinemax (W) HD
861 MoreMAX (W) HD
862 ActionMAX HD
870 Showtime (W) HD
871 Showcase (E) HD
872 TMC (W) HD
880 Starz (W) HD
881 Starz Comedy HD
882 Starz Kids & Family HD

In regards to these channels, Cox's website says "Included with Plus Package". Multiple Cox employees have told me that the Plus Package is only available to Whole Home DVR customers. So to me, the only reason to do this is either because the Cisco WHDVR boxes take advantage of some other technology to receive these channels that the Motorola boxes don't have, or Cox is just trying to milk and additional $5 from people who don't really want the Whole Home DVR but do want these additional channels.
post #2079 of 2320 Old 02-13-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:

820 SWRV HD
821 DIY HD
822 Cooking Channel HD
823 Hub HD
850 HBO (W) HD
851 HBO2 (W) HD
852 HBO Signature HD
853 HBO Family HD
856 HBO Latino HD
860 Cinemax (W) HD
861 MoreMAX (W) HD
862 ActionMAX HD
870 Showtime (W) HD
871 Showcase (E) HD
872 TMC (W) HD
880 Starz (W) HD
881 Starz Comedy HD
882 Starz Kids & Family HD

In regards to these channels, Cox's website says "Included with Plus Package". Multiple Cox employees have told me that the Plus Package is only available to Whole Home DVR customers. So to me, the only reason to do this is either because the Cisco WHDVR boxes take advantage of some other technology to receive these channels that the Motorola boxes don't have, or Cox is just trying to milk and additional $5 from people who don't really want the Whole Home DVR but do want these additional channels.

motorola box can not pick up the plus channels but if you could just get a cisco box client box without the host you be all set. but they do not want to give out just client boxes. I was told they are not ready to give out just client boxes or just host boxes yet
post #2080 of 2320 Old 02-13-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:

I've been away from this thread for quite some time. AVS stopped sending the email alerts to me, don't know what that's all about.

Anyway, I've had my whole home DVR with the Cisco stuff and Trio guide for about two months now, and I'm ready to trash it. There are so many issues with the software on the boxes that have been documented in this thread numerous times. There are so many problems that I doubt they'll be able to address all or even some within a years time with various software updates. Major, major performance issues. I have heard that the speed issue is because the Trio guide is loading a lot more data, well even when I'm just trying to surf with the channel up and down buttons it's painfully slow. Often times the channel will change about 10 seconds after I've pressed up or down. On demand craps out frequently, leaving me unable to order movies. A box restart seems to fix that, but this box takes forever to come back up after a restart, and is even more painfully slow for the hours following. Navigating on demand is incredibly slow as well.

So anyway, that's my rant. Now I have a question. With the tier of new HD channels that are only available with the whole home DVR... is there a technical reason for that, or is it just another way that Cox is trying to force the whole home DVR on people? I would have no problem whatsoever trading in my Cisco boxes for the old Motorola boxes and continue to pay the $5 additional per month if it means I will also get the new HD channels. Is this possible to do? What about if I got a Tivo using CableCard, would the new HD channels be available to me in some way?

Thanks.

nope will not work with tivo even though i head tivo can pick it up not sure how true this it. i did heard only the newest tivo is capable but cox is only keeping the plus channles tied to the cox whole home dvr at this time not sure how true that is and to get the extra hd you need whole home dvr at this time
post #2081 of 2320 Old 02-13-2011, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay, but is this a technical limitation or one that Cox is choosing to implement?
post #2082 of 2320 Old 02-13-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:

Thanks.

Gee-whizz Cox Cable.....\\
When will you get the hint and start listening to people that complain about the same things.....???????????
Start to fix these issues or start to lose customers...
You have such a capable platform with some tweaks.... now get on it... FIX IT!!!!!
Don't sit on your hands as always... as you did with the Moto boxes as well.... always running several updates behind other markets....

i don't understand what is the holdup with pumping out updates as faults are noticed to keep the company on the leading edge of technology.... if you want customers to switch over to Cox then you better put out one hell of a product that you constantly update and improve... not just release... and then perhaps a year later... umm here's an update... and whoa.... now a whole bunch of different things are messed up....

As i said in one of my previous posts....

"BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME"!!!
Don't half $ss it and struggle to keep up.... do it .. and do it right...

Word of mouth is 100% better advertising then anything u can put on TV..
And right now..... that's not going so well for COX cable....
post #2083 of 2320 Old 02-13-2011, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Okay, but is this a technical limitation or one that Cox is choosing to implement?

It is both a technical limitation and a decision by Cox.

The Plus Package channels are broadcast between 860MHz and 1GHz, most Motorola boxes and all Scientific Atlanta boxes do not have a 1GHz tuner so it is not possible to receive them. Cox is the first provider to use these frequencies for video distribution.

Some newer Motorola DVR/STBs do have 1GHz tuners, so Cox could allow those to receive the Plus Package channels, they have decided not to at this point. I would bet at some point they will change this policy, especially if Trio is not well received. Cox does not have any currently deployed SA/Cisco DVR/STBs with 1GHz tuners except the ones used for Trio. If Trio is not well received Cox could always move these channels below 860MHz, but probably only in a system utilizing SDV.

I don't know the exact tuner specs on the TiVo and Moxi, but I believe they top out at less than 1GHz, around 960MHz. Last I contacted TiVo they stated they did not "Officially Support" frequencies over 860MHz.

I would also bet that Cox will eventually allow Plus Package channels on the TiVo when and if the Cox/TiVo with OnDemand launches. Cox Corp is working with the TiVo group on both Plus Package and OnDemand.

General Cox Customer Relations
CoxCorp.CustomerRelations@cox.com
Cox Corp Trio IPG PR Contacts Cox/TiVo with OnDemand PR Contacts
David Grabert For TiVo Michael Boccio
(404) 269-7054 (212) 446-1867
David.Grabert@cox.com mboccio@sloanepr.com
Erin Lambremont For Cox Erin Lambremont
(404) 843-5854 (404) 843-5854
Erin.Lambremont@cox.com Erin.Lambremont@cox.com

Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #2084 of 2320 Old 02-14-2011, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It is both a technical limitation and a decision by Cox.

The Plus Package channels are broadcast between 860MHz and 1GHz, most Motorola boxes and all Scientific Atlanta boxes do not have a 1GHz tuner so it is not possible to receive them. Cox is the first provider to use these frequencies for video distribution.

Some newer Motorola DVR/STBs do have 1GHz tuners, so Cox could allow those to receive the Plus Package channels, they have decided not to at this point. I would bet at some point they will change this policy, especially if Trio is not well received. Cox does not have any currently deployed SA/Cisco DVR/STBs with 1GHz tuners except the ones used for Trio. If Trio is not well received Cox could always move these channels below 860MHz, but probably only in a system utilizing SDV.

I don't know the exact tuner specs on the TiVo and Moxi, but I believe they top out at less than 1GHz, around 960MHz. Last I contacted TiVo they stated they did not "Officially Support" frequencies over 860MHz.

I would also bet that Cox will eventually allow Plus Package channels on the TiVo when and if the Cox/TiVo with OnDemand launches. Cox Corp is working with the TiVo group on both Plus Package and OnDemand.

General Cox Customer Relations
CoxCorp.CustomerRelations@cox.com
Cox Corp Trio IPG PR Contacts Cox/TiVo with OnDemand PR Contacts
David Grabert For TiVo Michael Boccio
(404) 269-7054 (212) 446-1867
David.Grabert@cox.com mboccio@sloanepr.com
Erin Lambremont For Cox Erin Lambremont
(404) 843-5854 (404) 843-5854
Erin.Lambremont@cox.com Erin.Lambremont@cox.com

Very informative post. Thanks for the info!
post #2085 of 2320 Old 02-14-2011, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Wow, so tonight was pretty much the worst experience yet with my Cisco DVR. So incredibly slow to do the smallest of things. I loaded up the grid guide since the trio guide is slower, and when I would page the grid guide up or down, it would initially show nothing in the guide for any of the channels, and would then take about 10 seconds to show the programming info. This is absolutely ridiculous. I understand this is only TV we are talking about here, nobody's dying, but I'm paying a lot of money for this service and I expect it to be at least moderately usable. I had to just give up and go watch TV on my much smaller and older TV which is running the client box. I will be having Cox swap out my WHDVR and client box with an old Motorola DVR and standard HD receiver. I don't care about the new channels anymore and I don't care about the large amount of additional storage. I just want to be able to watch TV without cursing at my remote with every button I press!!! If Cox even thinks they're going to charge me for swapping the boxes, they've got another thing coming. I am now 10x more frustrated with my Cox service than I was with the snow and rain fade I had with DirecTV.
post #2086 of 2320 Old 02-15-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:

Wow, so tonight was pretty much the worst experience yet with my Cisco DVR. So incredibly slow to do the smallest of things. I loaded up the grid guide since the trio guide is slower, and when I would page the grid guide up or down, it would initially show nothing in the guide for any of the channels, and would then take about 10 seconds to show the programming info. This is absolutely ridiculous. I understand this is only TV we are talking about here, nobody's dying, but I'm paying a lot of money for this service and I expect it to be at least moderately usable. I had to just give up and go watch TV on my much smaller and older TV which is running the client box. I will be having Cox swap out my WHDVR and client box with an old Motorola DVR and standard HD receiver. I don't care about the new channels anymore and I don't care about the large amount of additional storage. I just want to be able to watch TV without cursing at my remote with every button I press!!! If Cox even thinks they're going to charge me for swapping the boxes, they've got another thing coming. I am now 10x more frustrated with my Cox service than I was with the snow and rain fade I had with DirecTV.

Way to go COX cable..... looks like you lost another customer for your much touted Whole Home DVR service with all new equipment!!
When is cox cable going to figure this stuff out??
You can't put out products like this and expect people to stick with it..

They really,really need to address these issues and figure this stuff out ASAP.
And on top of that..... now PaulieORF will bad mouth the WHDVR service to all his friends and keep others from joining up.
Way to go COX.... keep up the good work....
post #2087 of 2320 Old 02-15-2011, 10:14 AM

So it looks like I'll stick it out a little longer with my DirecTV service--even with the rain fade and obstructed line of sight issues that begin each spring once the leaves on the trees come back, partially or completely obstructing the LOS to at least two satellites whenever the wind picks up--if Cox offers a service as poor as it sounds like it does from the recent posts here. I was seriously considering a switch to Cox (here in Glastonbury, CT) after my 2-year contract with DirecTV runs out at the end of this month, but I can't pull the trigger if things are as bad they sound like they are. I had even gone as far as to put together various bundles on Cox's website to compare to my current DirecTV package, almost placing an order at least twice. And I was looking forward to dumping AT&T altogether, too, and finally going with internet faster than my current DSL connection, but I'll just sit tight for now.

My DirecTV boxes (3 HD DVRs, 1 SD, no MRV, but not sure exactly what models) can be slow to respond, but not 10-seconds-to-change-channels slow. Although I can't figure out if Whole Home DVR from Cox is even an option in Glastonbury, so maybe I'd get the old Motorola boxes if I switched providers. But reading through the recents posts in this thread, I'm not doing anything just yet. It sounds like my experience with Cox could be worse than the year and a half I had to endure with Comcast when I lived in a townhouse in Ellington before moving to a house Glastonbury.
post #2088 of 2320 Old 02-15-2011, 10:45 AM

Please don't take my last post as an attempt to start a flame war or take this thread off topic. I'm still considering the switch to cable, so that would mean going with Cox, especially now that it looks like I can get SNY HD. The only reason I went with satellite in the first place was so that I could finally watch the Mets again, and satellite (first Dish, then DirecTV) were the only providers that gave me that option. After reading earlier posts, things don't sound all that bad. But I'll need to figure out whether my wife would let me ditch our current 3 HD DVRs (so 6 tuners with lots of space) for Whole Home DVR (so only 2 tuners and probably not as much space) with Cox. I just might do it anyway so that we would get faster internet service.
post #2089 of 2320 Old 02-15-2011, 12:01 PM

The Trio guide is slower to respond than the guide available on the Motorola boxes. I'm hopeful that the speed will improve with future updates. I have also heard varying opinions on the design of the Guide itself. All the feedback you provide on here, I forward to product management, who take all the feedback they receive and prioritize updates.

Second, and I'm relaying this as someone who has the Plus Package at his house, the only issue I've encountered is "skippy" FFing and RWing on the client box. Missed recordings and 10-second-to-change channel issues have not, to my knowledge, been commonly reported. If you're having issues like this, please send an e-mail to newengland.help@cox.com and tell them Eric Wagner referred you from AVS Forum.
post #2090 of 2320 Old 02-15-2011, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJW_CoxNE View Post

The Trio guide is slower to respond than the guide available on the Motorola boxes. I'm hopeful that the speed will improve with future updates. I have also heard varying opinions on the design of the Guide itself. All the feedback you provide on here, I forward to product management, who take all the feedback they receive and prioritize updates.

Second, and I'm relaying this as someone who has the Plus Package at his house, the only issue I've encountered is "skippy" FFing and RWing on the client box. Missed recordings and 10-second-to-change channel issues have not, to my knowledge, been commonly reported. If you're having issues like this, please send an e-mail to newengland.help@cox.com and tell them Eric Wagner referred you from AVS Forum.

Thanks. I'm just going to go back to the Motorola boxes until Cox gets this all straightened out. I wish we could have a choice of Passport or Trio on the Cisco boxes. As far as the design goes, to me it makes no sense to only be able to see the program look-ahead one channel at a time, where as traditional grid guides let you see what's on 5 or more channels at once, allowing you to page through the channels. With Trio i have to move one channel at a time, and thus end up spending tons more time looking for what's on TV.

Hopefully Cox can get the issues with the Trio guide corrected, but until then I'll live without the additional HD channels and added hard drive space just so I can sanely watch TV.
post #2091 of 2320 Old 02-16-2011, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

I went to the Cox office today to swap my Cisco boxes out for Motorola boxes. When the Cox employee saw me carrying the boxes, he looked over to the other guy and said "yep, another one". He then asked me about why I was returning it. I told him I hated the design of the guide and how the interface is extremely slow. He said they've been getting many people bringing the Cisco boxes back for the same reasons. I'm encouraged by this. It means that Cox will eventually see the number of returns and realize that there are big problems here. For the replacement DVR, he gave me a Moto DCH3416, so I have 40 GB more storage than the 6412s. I'm happy about that, even if it's not the massive 500 GB drive that's in the Cisco box, I'm happy to be able to watch TV normally without having to wait for every button press to register eventually. Very glad to have the Passport guide back!
post #2092 of 2320 Old 02-16-2011, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Please post your input regarding the Trio and Whole Home DVR in the dedicated AVS Thread so others nationwide can see your reviews.

Cox Cable - Whole Home DVR Cisco
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1286642

post #2093 of 2320 Old 02-16-2011, 11:26 PM

how much does the Whole home dvr cost If I throw it through the wall LOL just kidding
my client box in bed room keeps locking up when i rewind or fast forward
please help me
post #2094 of 2320 Old 02-17-2011, 05:04 AM

Yup it happened again.....

ANOTHER MISSED RECORDING!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is getting just plain annoying.

Thinking about going back to the Moto-boxes...
post #2095 of 2320 Old 02-17-2011, 05:10 AM

Quote:

Please post your input regarding the Trio and Whole Home DVR in the dedicated AVS Thread so others nationwide can see your reviews.

Cox Cable - Whole Home DVR Cisco
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1286642

How's this for input..... These things are CRAP!!!!
post #2096 of 2320 Old 02-17-2011, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Does anyone know of an eSata hard drive that works nicely with the Motorola DCH3416 for added storage?
post #2097 of 2320 Old 02-17-2011, 01:57 PM

Well...

Surprise to me... a Cox cable tech truck pulled into my driveway today to troubleshoot the problems i am having with the Cisco box WHDVR.
I guess the request was pushed through by management from postings i forwarded to them from this forum to the email address's posted by PaulieORF.!!!
Good to know they are at least paying some sort of attention.

Tech started at road... no problems... house... no problems... Then he finally asked... what are the exact problems i was having... i explained and his response was... OOO YEAH... Yup.. all known problems that have yet to be addressed by Cox and they are not sure when or how they will fix any of them.
The tech that came out to my house has WHDVR system in his house... but he said... Not for long... even he is going back to the Moto- boxes....
NOW THAT DOESNT SAY MUCH!! When their own employees have given up on the Cisco Boxes and they hate the Trio Guide...
Makes you wonder...who tested this stuff. ???

No answers to any problems.... no clue what to do besides keep complaining to Cox.
Says he rolls to many customer houses with new Cisco system and all have the same complaints about speed and guide and missed recordings...
Not a single customer he has been to is happy with the system. Hence him being there... service problems...

That is not surprising.... with all the problems noted here...
This is just crazy stuff.... Sounds like Cox has huge problems on their hands and they need to do something about it ASAP.
I am supposed to get a call from upper managers along with an engineer tomorrow to go through problems listed way above.. Will keep you posted as to what happens ... and if i even get a call.
post #2098 of 2320 Old 02-22-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulf979cb View Post

Well...

Surprise to me... a Cox cable tech truck pulled into my driveway today to troubleshoot the problems i am having with the Cisco box WHDVR.
I guess the request was pushed through by management from postings i forwarded to them from this forum to the email address's posted by PaulieORF.!!!
Good to know they are at least paying some sort of attention.

Tech started at road... no problems... house... no problems... Then he finally asked... what are the exact problems i was having... i explained and his response was... OOO YEAH... Yup.. all known problems that have yet to be addressed by Cox and they are not sure when or how they will fix any of them.
The tech that came out to my house has WHDVR system in his house... but he said... Not for long... even he is going back to the Moto- boxes....
NOW THAT DOESNT SAY MUCH!! When their own employees have given up on the Cisco Boxes and they hate the Trio Guide...
Makes you wonder...who tested this stuff. ???

No answers to any problems.... no clue what to do besides keep complaining to Cox.
Says he rolls to many customer houses with new Cisco system and all have the same complaints about speed and guide and missed recordings...
Not a single customer he has been to is happy with the system. Hence him being there... service problems...

That is not surprising.... with all the problems noted here...
This is just crazy stuff.... Sounds like Cox has huge problems on their hands and they need to do something about it ASAP.
I am supposed to get a call from upper managers along with an engineer tomorrow to go through problems listed way above.. Will keep you posted as to what happens ... and if i even get a call.

Well as i expected.....
NO CALLS... NO SUPPORT!!
NOTHING!!

Great Customer support COX!!!
Just for laughs i called their customer service line .... hahaha... guess what... they wanted to send a tech out to troubleshoot...
So i said... sure send them out....

Let them waste their gas and time so they can show up and say.... all is good and yes it is a box problem and we all know about it... and NO... we have no idea when or how they will fix it!!
I think i may call once a week from now on.
post #2099 of 2320 Old 02-24-2011, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay so this is weird.

Just about every morning and then every evening after work, I turn my DCH3416 on and it's tuned to channel 3. I checked the setting for what channel to power on to, and it's set to my last channel. If I turn my box on, put it on channel 272 for example, then immediately turn it off and then back on, it stays there. However, it seems every time I go many hours without powering it on, it finds itself back at channel 3. And no, I do not have any recordings set to record from channel 3.

Is this happening to anyone else? Do I have a bad box that is maybe rebooting a lot?

Thanks.
post #2100 of 2320 Old 02-26-2011, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Okay so this is weird.

Just about every morning and then every evening after work, I turn my DCH3416 on and it's tuned to channel 3. I checked the setting for what channel to power on to, and it's set to my last channel. If I turn my box on, put it on channel 272 for example, then immediately turn it off and then back on, it stays there. However, it seems every time I go many hours without powering it on, it finds itself back at channel 3. And no, I do not have any recordings set to record from channel 3.

Is this happening to anyone else? Do I have a bad box that is maybe rebooting a lot?

Thanks.

The box started rebooting more and more, interrupting recordings and regular viewing. I returned it and got a good ol' DCT 6416.

Will Cox allow me to attach an eSata drive to use for expanded storage? I searched this thread and only found that we were to find out about this some time in 2010, but didn't see a definitive word. I'd like to know before I go out and buy one.

Thanks.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page