Sacramento, CA - SureWest - Page 33 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #961 of 973 Old 11-17-2013, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yes they do but it's only ASIA and ZEETV. You have Applications channels in 9OO and KC area doesn't yet and other SD and HD Channels that KC will evently get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 973 Old 11-17-2013, 09:29 PM

Liked: 10

Is FUNimation Channel HD available with SureWest?

post #963 of 973 Old 01-09-2014, 03:32 PM

Zeke, don't know if you are still following this thread, however I am considering switching over to Surewest from DirecTV and currently use W7 Mediacenter as my DVR program. Do you know if IP channel changing is possible with the Surewest mediaroom 2.0 set top boxes (or if not if there is another more reliable method than IR). I am also very intrigued by your post discussing bringing the IPTV signal right into mediacenter. I found a mythtv forum that discusses how to potentially do this, but have no idea how to do this for mediacenter under windows.

Also, does anyone know if you can get just a HD receiver without the DVR functionality and or the requirement to pay the DVR service? I'm going to be calling them soon to see what I can find out so far as the cost and availability of programming and receivers.

Any info you or anyone else could share would be appreciated.
post #964 of 973 Old 05-27-2014, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Will a "Ethernet over Powerline adapter" work with Surewest? Thinking of putting a TV in the garage, but there is no Cat5 or coax installed. What about some kind of WiFi solution? Thanks.
post #965 of 973 Old 05-29-2014, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Do you have SureWest TV service already? Are the boxes you have right now ran with Ethernet? If so, you need a HomePNA adapter if you want to use coax, otherwise you would have to run Ethernet to the garage. Regarding Ethernet over Powerline, it might work, depending on the quality of the Romex and distance. It might not have enough bandwidth.

BMW E46 | Brembo | Technik | HRE | Toyo | Meguiar's | AC Schnitzer | Alpine | Alumapro | H&R| Porsche | ASA | MOMO | Rogue Engineering | Rennsport | Hamann | Supersprint
post #966 of 973 Old 05-30-2014, 04:26 PM

Yes, I have Surewest TV service already. Yes, the boxes I have now are ran with Cat5. I already have a coax adapter that Surewest supplied, but I'm not using it right now.
post #967 of 973 Old 06-02-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carealtor View Post

Yes, I have Surewest TV service already. Yes, the boxes I have now are ran with Cat5. I already have a coax adapter that Surewest supplied, but I'm not using it right now.

Does surewest run ethernet to install rooms? I was thinking about giving them a try
post #968 of 973 Old 06-02-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucuy View Post

Does surewest run ethernet to install rooms? I was thinking about giving them a try

From my experience, they will use existing Cat5 or Coax, whichever is available. I don't know what they would run from scratch, but whatever it is, it won't be pretty.
post #969 of 973 Old 06-03-2014, 06:51 AM

Is your Surewest ONT box mounted outside your garage? There are 6 LAN ports in the box. If one is free, you can plug in an ethernet cable and run it through the wall in your garage to plug into the set top box. I think I uploaded pics correctly.

post #970 of 973 Old 06-03-2014, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adinn View Post

Is your Surewest ONT box mounted outside your garage? There are 6 LAN ports in the box. If one is free, you can plug in an ethernet cable and run it through the wall in your garage to plug into the set top box. I think I uploaded pics correctly.

Interesting. Never checked this box. Thanks for the pics. My box is inside the garage so it would be a matter of just running the wires thru the attic and then down to the box. I was planning on getting 4 rooms wired with Ethernet cables then adding a switch but it looks like I may have 5 ports unused. Need to check tonight.

I am guessing using these wires may create network havoc if you are sharing and have "another" network already in place.
post #971 of 973 Old 06-03-2014, 11:56 AM

Since your box is inside the garage, that will make it easier. Is your wiring setup going to be permanent or temporary? I still have lots of solid copper cat 6 cable.
I have set up a patch panel in a closet, so one cat 6 goes to a switch just for video and another goes to a router then to another switch for internet. I have one network.
I would only use one connection from the ONT for your internet network and the others for TV since video does not need a common switch, but a switch will work too if your house is wired.
post #972 of 973 Old 06-04-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adinn View Post

Since your box is inside the garage, that will make it easier. Is your wiring setup going to be permanent or temporary? I still have lots of solid copper cat 6 cable.
I have set up a patch panel in a closet, so one cat 6 goes to a switch just for video and another goes to a router then to another switch for internet. I have one network.
I would only use one connection from the ONT for your internet network and the others for TV since video does not need a common switch, but a switch will work too if your house is wired.

I am trying this to be permanent and I have no video services just internet/phone with Surewest. My plan is to have one network to avoid headaches. I was planning to to run a switch after my first current router and then distribute new wire to the new
rooms. I currently have a router with wifi after the ONT that distributes internet to two locations but that is not enough anymore. biggrin.gif One of those locations has another wifi router being used as a bridge only to extend wifi around the house but wifi does
not cut it sometimes.

Sorry about the confusion..

So ONT >> WIFI/ROUTER >> 1 PC
>> living room >> WIFI/BRIDGE >> Dish Hopper
>> Sling Box
>> Blu Ray Player

All of this is wired. Problem is I still have a SmartTV with Netflix and a PS4 in one room on WIFI with streaming ok most of the times, a PS3 in another room on WIFI, and my daughter room with a future streaming device on wifi. Lots of streaming!!biggrin.gif

If I were to do this again I would wire ethernet to every single room when I bought the house many years ago. But who would have known our connected devices were going to explode in usage...

Sorry is this is a little off-topic but there is not much talk in this section so not sure who cares. tongue.gif
GUERiLLAPUNK^MOB likes this.
post #973 of 973 Old 06-05-2014, 10:31 AM

If you have a single story home, it would be pretty easy to run ethernet cable. I hired a hanyman to help me with my 2 story. I have ports in every room plus wifi.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page