Boston, MA - Verizon - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #631 of 1508 Old 09-22-2008, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
chitchatjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Lawrence MA
Posts: 3,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferr View Post

What about the channel lineup for FiOS? If you look at the Massachusetts (or RI) guides they list as of August 2008 several extra channels that are still not available? (ESPNNews HD, Disney HD, ToonDisney HD, etc).

Does anyone know why there has been a delay?

Bicker1 holding them hostage?
chitchatjf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 1508 Old 09-22-2008, 11:16 AM
 
bicker1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burlington, MA
Posts: 8,289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Not me. I've been busy battling with the PTBs at Verizon trying to prompt them to offer service to my portion of the street. The cherry-picking continues.
bicker1 is offline  
post #633 of 1508 Old 09-23-2008, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chitchatjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Lawrence MA
Posts: 3,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
OK let's blame it on kenvt.
chitchatjf is offline  
post #634 of 1508 Old 09-25-2008, 07:46 AM
Member
 
listerone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Suburban Boston
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferr View Post

Does anyone know why there has been a delay?


I,too,noticed that one or two channels were missing.However,FWIW,the installer told me the other day that sometime in October (he thinks it's October) there's gonna be a bunch of new HD channels coming in....fifty-something channels,he said.
listerone is offline  
post #635 of 1508 Old 09-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Member
 
dferr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's more than one or two. This is the list the varies from the guide dated 8/2008 to actual.

The 15 channels are:
FX HD
Superstation - WGN HD
ESPNews HD
Speed Channel HD
Fox Business Network HD
Fox News HD
Bio HD
QVC HD
Planet Green HD
Travel Channel HD
MOJO HD
ABC Family HD
Hallmark Movie Channel HD
Disney Channel HD
Toon Disney HD

Of course, ESPNU HD is present and not listed in the August 2008 guide either.
dferr is offline  
post #636 of 1508 Old 09-25-2008, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chitchatjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Lawrence MA
Posts: 3,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Guide software revision 1.6 is also coming in early to mid October.

As for the HD channels what I like the most are the HD movie channels (I get all the movie channels and have been getting them mostly since 93)

It's great being able to grab a film in HD off let's say HBO zone and not have to wait for it to play on the primary channel to see it in HD on HBO.

Its good to have 42 HD movie channels (Besides HDNEt Movies) as opposed to just 6 (11 in Boston)
chitchatjf is offline  
post #637 of 1508 Old 09-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Member
 
dferr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitchatjf View Post

Guide software revision 1.6 is also coming in early to mid October.

As for the HD channels what I like the most are the HD movie channels (I get all the movie channels and have been getting them mostly since 93)

It's great being able to grab a film in HD off let's say HBO zone and not have to wait for it to play on the primary channel to see it in HD on HBO.

Its good to have 42 HD movie channels (Besides HDNEt Movies) as opposed to just 6 (11 in Boston)

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm in RI and with Cox I had ONE HBO HD channel and that was it. With FIOS, we have them "all." Definitely better, my only complaint, and this is HBO not Verizon, is no HD movies in HBO On Demand.
dferr is offline  
post #638 of 1508 Old 09-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Member
 
MrKeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm thinking seriously about switching from Comcast. I went online to try to do a comparison of (mainly HD) channels between Comcast and FiOS.

It seems that Verizon offers FiOS TV Extreme" ($57.99) and "FiOS TV Essentials" ($47.99) in my town.

I couldn't compare the packages to each other or Comcast because the FiOS TV Essentials Package wasn't listed in the channel lineup. After a very, very long and unproductive chat session, I concluded that Essentials is the same as Premier.

I'm hoping someone on here can confirm or deny. I've included the chat transcript for background and/or comic relief. I felt like I was in a bizarre adaptation of Abbott and Costello's 'Who's on First?".

Apologies for the long post but some will empathize and others will find it amusing.

Thanks in advance.
-MK


Quote:


We are routing you to a chat representative. Thank you for contacting Verizon FiOS. Your average wait time is 7 seconds. Ask about our first month FREE offer when you order FiOS online.

You are now chatting with 'Terry'

Terry: Hello. Thank you for visiting our Verizon chat service. How can I help you experience the cutting-edge technology of FiOS TV?

you: Hi, can you please tell me the difference in channels between fios tv extreme and fios tv essentials?

Terry: Sure, Let me send you a channel line up link which will make you understand you the difference in a much better way.

you: i've already looked at that

you: that is why i'm asking

you: there doesn't appear to be any mention of essentials

Terry: Well the FiOS TV essentials package will include 25 local, 142 digital and 95 music channels.

you: where are you seeing that?

Terry: I have the information about the packages which we are offering.

you: OK, so what are the differences between FIOS TV Essentials and FIOS TV Extreme in terms of channel lineup?

Terry: Well let me gather some information on that.

you: ok

Terry: The FIOS TV Essentials package as I already told you that it contains 25 local, 142 digital and 95 music channels and the FIOS TV Extreme HD package contains 9 local , 85 digital and 1 pay per view channel.

you: Yes, my question is WHICH channels.

you: How could I possibly make a decision to subscribe if I don't know which channels?

you: Also, why does the Extreme package cost more if there are substantially less channels?

you: That doesn't make sense.

Terry: Well the extreme HD Package is totally dedicated to HD TV.

you: So there are 9 local HD channels, 85 HD channels and 1 HD PPV channel?

Terry: Yes, absolutely correct, its in case of FIOS TV Extreme HD package.

you: So there are no HD channels in the FIOS TV Essentials Package?

Terry: I would be glad to answer that for you.

Terry: We also offer HD channels with FIOS TV Essentials Package.

you: OK.

you: So, I'm trying to choose between FIOS HD Extreme and FIOS TV Essentials.

Terry: Sure.

you: In order to do so, I would like to know exactly how the two offerings differ.

you: I would like to know WHICH channels are offered under each plan.

you: That way, i can figure out which service I would like to order.

Terry: Well on the order page on the step 1 you will be able to see the differences, because the channel line up are given with the respective packages.

you: As I mentioned earlier, I see no mention of FIOS TV Essentials in the channel line up.

Terry: You can on "channel line up" link to view all the channels availability.

you: Yes, I have done that already and I find no mention of FIOS TV Essentials.

Terry: Okay, now I got you correctly.

Terry: Let send you a link for channel line up where you will be able to see the channels of the respective packages.

you: OK, great.

Terry: Thank You.

Terry: Please Click Here

you: This is the same channel lineup I have been looking at.

you: There still is no mention of Essentials.

Terry: I really apologize for that.

Terry: The major difference between FiOS Extreme HD and FiOS TV Primier package is in FiOS Extreme HD you'll have over 75 HD channles and in FiOS TV Premier package you get 23 HD channels.

you: I can see that. However, it doesn't appear that FIOS TV Premier is offered to me. I only see "FiOS TV Extreme" for $57.99 and "FiOS TV Essentials" for $47.99.

you: Again, my question is: I would like to know exactly how the two offerings differ.

Terry: The difference is the number of local channels you get.

you: So I'm assuming that I get more local channels with FiOS TV Extreme?

Terry: No, You will get more local channels with FiOS TV essentials.

you: So I can pay $10 less per month to get more channels?

Terry: Absolutely, It certainly depends on your needs.

you: Makes sense.

you: Can you tell me which channels are not included in the Extreme?

Terry: I would recommend you refer the channel line up as the channels vary depending on the area.

you: OK but as I mentioned i don't see Essentials on the guide.

Terry: Can you guide me what plans are available on the order page?

you: I only see "FiOS TV Extreme" for $57.99 and "FiOS TV Essentials" for $47.99.

Terry: I would recommend you to go with the packages available to you at this time.

you: But i don't see the Essentials package.

Terry: If I heard you correctly, the FiOS TV Essentials package is not showing to you on the channel lineup, correct?

you: Correct.

Terry: Can you tell your zip code?

you: 02347

Terry: Would you like me to send you all the channels which are available in the FiOS TV Essentials package in your area?

you: sure

<'Terry cuts and pastes every channel from the Premier package into the chat window. Yes it took a long time.>

Terry: These are the channels and the channel number against them. I apologize for the long list. But there was no other way. Please accept my empathy on the same.

you: ok, thanks that is helpful.

Terry: I hope it helped you solve your concern. Is there anything other concern you have before we proceed ahead with the order?

you: no, thats it.

Terry: So, let go ahead with the order process. Just click on the "Order" button in front of the package you want to opt for and proceed ahead, I am right here to assist you.

you: ok

MrKeg is offline  
post #639 of 1508 Old 09-29-2008, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chitchatjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Lawrence MA
Posts: 3,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKeg View Post

I'm thinking seriously about switching from Comcast. I went online to try to do a comparison of (mainly HD) channels between Comcast and FiOS.

It seems that Verizon offers FiOS TV Extreme" ($57.99) and "FiOS TV Essentials" ($47.99) in my town.

I couldn't compare the packages to each other or Comcast because the FiOS TV Essentials Package wasn't listed in the channel lineup. After a very, very long and unproductive chat session, I concluded that Essentials is the same as Premier.

I'm hoping someone on here can confirm or deny. I've included the chat transcript for background and/or comic relief. I felt like I was in a bizarre adaptation of Abbott and Costello's 'Who's on First?".

Apologies for the long post but some will empathize and others will find it amusing.

Thanks in advance.
-MK

From what I have heard Chs 550-746 will be part of Extreme HD only for new subscribers.
chitchatjf is offline  
post #640 of 1508 Old 09-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Contsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any timeline of when FiOS will become available in othe towns?
Contsi is offline  
post #641 of 1508 Old 10-02-2008, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
chitchatjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Lawrence MA
Posts: 3,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
We have caught up to NY in the HD channel department!

97 HD channels (not including Sports pack channels)
chitchatjf is offline  
post #642 of 1508 Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 17,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
MGM-HD is on channel 744.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #643 of 1508 Old 10-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Member
 
troyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitchatjf View Post

From what I have heard Chs 550-746 will be part of Extreme HD only for new subscribers.

You heard wrong. Extreme HD is being offered right now to all the existing subs with contract renewals coming up. I got 3-service inclusive $99 deal for E-HD.
troyka is offline  
post #644 of 1508 Old 10-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Member
 
troyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitchatjf View Post

We have caught up to NY in the HD channel department!

97 HD channels (not including Sports pack channels)


All sports pack HD channels are part of E-HD. So it's definitely more than a 100 now.
troyka is offline  
post #645 of 1508 Old 10-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Member
 
troyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferr View Post

It's more than one or two. This is the list the varies from the guide dated 8/2008 to actual.

The 15 channels are:
FX HD
Superstation - WGN HD
ESPNews HD
Speed Channel HD
Fox Business Network HD
Fox News HD
Bio HD
QVC HD
Planet Green HD
Travel Channel HD
MOJO HD
ABC Family HD
Hallmark Movie Channel HD
Disney Channel HD
Toon Disney HD

Of course, ESPNU HD is present and not listed in the August 2008 guide either.


Yes, this was part of their second phase fall HD rollout which suprisingly came on time. Still no MOJO on 682, though. It will probably just randomly pop up one day.

My kids will appreciate Wiggles in HD.
troyka is offline  
post #646 of 1508 Old 10-02-2008, 06:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 17,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Goddamm Comcast auto-billed me $120! for another month and when I called their billing dept. they said they could only refund me by check, and not refund my credit card directly. Rat bastards. So they're essentially taking a loan off my bank account, credit free. I need that money too.

Anywhoo. So other than MGM-HD, what channels did we get? I already had Bravo-HD for at least a week now.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #647 of 1508 Old 10-02-2008, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chitchatjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Lawrence MA
Posts: 3,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyka View Post

Yes, this was part of their second phase fall HD rollout which suprisingly came on time. Still no MOJO on 682, though. It will probably just randomly pop up one day.

My kids will appreciate Wiggles in HD.

Mojo won't be coming. The channel will become an on demand service before the year is out and will no longer be a linear channel.
chitchatjf is offline  
post #648 of 1508 Old 10-03-2008, 06:51 AM
Senior Member
 
SeijiSensei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Metro Boston
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyka View Post

You heard wrong. Extreme HD is being offered right now to all the existing subs with contract renewals coming up. I got 3-service inclusive $99 deal for E-HD.

I have Premier (at the original $42.99/month) and have all the HD channels including the new ones like MGM. When my contract comes up, are you saying I will have to switch to Extreme to keep what I have now and pay another $15/month to boot?

I really don't understand how these tiers work now. Looking at the program listings, I don't see why anyone wouldn't just select Premier (or Essentials or whatever they call it now).
SeijiSensei is offline  
post #649 of 1508 Old 10-03-2008, 01:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 17,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Can we list what channels all the new stations are on? So many new ones have shown up in the last few days I am losing track.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #650 of 1508 Old 10-04-2008, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chitchatjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Lawrence MA
Posts: 3,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyka View Post

You heard wrong. Extreme HD is being offered right now to all the existing subs with contract renewals coming up. I got 3-service inclusive $99 deal for E-HD.

what I meant was that NEW subscribers will have to get Extreme to get HD channels 550-781!
chitchatjf is offline  
post #651 of 1508 Old 10-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Member
 
troyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitchatjf View Post

what I meant was that NEW subscribers will have to get Extreme to get HD channels 550-746!

780 is DisneyHD and 781 ToonDisneyHD are also included.
troyka is offline  
post #652 of 1508 Old 10-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Member
 
troyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

I have Premier (at the original $42.99/month) and have all the HD channels including the new ones like MGM. When my contract comes up, are you saying I will have to switch to Extreme to keep what I have now and pay another $15/month to boot?

I really don't understand how these tiers work now. Looking at the program listings, I don't see why anyone wouldn't just select Premier (or Essentials or whatever they call it now).

57.99 is a stand alone price. I am not sure what you have for a bundle deal right now, but if you're only getting TV from them that's what you'll pay for it as a stand alone service unless you bundle it and that will save you some $$$. All those HD additions are not freebies. Everyone has to pay for them sooner or later.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...dustryid=47194

Technically, Premiere has gone away. As of now, there are just 2 tiers in FIOS TV service :
Extreme TV and TV Essentials. With Extreme you get all the SD and HD channels for 57.99. With Essentials you get most of SD plus only local HDs for 47.99. SportsPack has gone away as well.

For the existing Premiere subs, they'll probably just keep them in Extreme until their contract are up at which point they can stay in or choose to downgrade to Essentials.

I am actually paying less now with the Extreme HD in the TripleBundle than I did as the Premiere sub, but I am sure they'll whack me hard in a year when my contract's up. FIOS is starting to play the cable game now and they're going to be tricky.
troyka is offline  
post #653 of 1508 Old 10-05-2008, 05:48 AM
Member
 
kj2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I live in the Boston area and I've had FiOS since Jan '07 so how do I know which package I have?
kj2005 is offline  
post #654 of 1508 Old 10-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Senior Member
 
SeijiSensei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Metro Boston
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyka View Post

Technically, Premiere has gone away. As of now, there are just 2 tiers in FIOS TV service : Extreme TV and TV Essentials.

When I posted on 10/3, I did so after checking the pricing page and the associated channel lists. Premier was still listed as an option at $47.99, the same price as Essentials, but there were no details for it. On Friday, the channel listing page had no entry for Essentials and still included Premier, which had a channel lineup indistinguishable from Extreme.

This morning that's no longer true, except that Premier continues to be listed as an option to purchase. There's no listing of Premier on the channels page and the Essentials listing, as you say, includes no HD channels. It looks like you can still subscribe to Premier from the pricing page, though, and clicking on the associated channel lineup link lists all the channels on both Essentials and Extreme. If I were thinking of subscribing today, I'd definitely sign up for Premier before it goes away and lock in the price on a two-year contract.
SeijiSensei is offline  
post #655 of 1508 Old 10-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Member
 
troyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

When I posted on 10/3, I did so after checking the pricing page and the associated channel lists. Premier was still listed as an option at $47.99, the same price as Essentials, but there were no details for it. On Friday, the channel listing page had no entry for Essentials and still included Premier, which had a channel lineup indistinguishable from Extreme.

This morning that's no longer true, except that Premier continues to be listed as an option to purchase. There's no listing of Premier on the channels page and the Essentials listing, as you say, includes no HD channels. It looks like you can still subscribe to Premier from the pricing page, though, and clicking on the associated channel lineup link lists all the channels on both Essentials and Extreme. If I were thinking of subscribing today, I'd definitely sign up for Premier before it goes away and lock in the price on a two-year contract.

Ok, it probably because they haven't updated the package/pricing page yet.
As I've said a bunch of times in my previous posts, VZ's communication method has a lot of room for improvement. They make a change first and then notify their subs whenever they feel like it.. Their marketing/sales/tech support/order processing is one disjoint operation. They like to keep their subs in the dark. They haven't sent any notices in the mail or put anything in the message center about the package change. I'm sure we'll get something next week.

If you add LOCAL to ESSENTIALS you get all the local HD Broadcast channels. All 7 of them.
troyka is offline  
post #656 of 1508 Old 10-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Member
 
troyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Can we list what channels all the new stations are on? So many new ones have shown up in the last few days I am losing track.

I counted this morning.

local HD 7
non-premium HD 53
premium(HBO/Starz/Max/TMC/Show) 42
____
102

Feel free to double-check my math.

Last winter, VZ said they'll have 150 total within a year's time. So we're looking at 40-50 more adds at some point.
troyka is offline  
post #657 of 1508 Old 10-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Newbie
 
niterider31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2005 View Post

I live in the Boston area and I've had FiOS since Jan '07 so how do I know which package I have?

how about you look at the bill you have been paying monthly since january 07 DOH
niterider31 is offline  
post #658 of 1508 Old 10-06-2008, 09:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 17,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I have the 3-way Triple Freedom package. Will I still have channels like MGM HD? It says in small letters that it's only a "Free preview until 10/08".

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #659 of 1508 Old 10-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Member
 
new2hometheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Billing details:

Now that I'm hooked up, time to concentrate on billing details. I called today to confirm that for my first year it is:

$99 triple play
$10 second hd receiver
$0 for first year DVR
$30 hook up fee divided into three $10 payments.
$tax

What will I be looking at after the first year
extra $20 for DVR?
how much more per month for the triple play?

Thank you

DLP and LCD fan
new2hometheater is offline  
post #660 of 1508 Old 10-06-2008, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chitchatjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Lawrence MA
Posts: 3,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
There are Two different Triple play options:
$99 brings you 10/2 Internet and TV Essentials
HD consist of channels 502-512 ONLY!
Current subscribers will not lose HD channels you have had pror to last Thursday.

$109 brings you 20/5 and TV Extreme HD.
This is the package that includes all the HD channels
The sports channels in 300-319 are also included as well as the HD sports channels in the 590-599 range.

Look at your latest bill to see what package you have.
chitchatjf is offline  
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off