post #31 of 2056 Old 10-09-2005, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroot View Post

Im having the same problem here in Maryville, the signal is very low now. Anybody else having problems? I dont want to have to get back on the roof if it is a WTNZ problem.

No problems here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 2056 Old 10-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Last time I checked, mine was still hosed. But sounds like it is something on my end, since others are getting it fine. I may drag the PC over to a friend's house and see what I can get from there, just to compare.

I do notice that if I move my indoor Radio Shack antenna close to a window, the signal picks up about 10% and if I move it to an upstairs window it goes up into the 90% (as reported by my fusion software).

Fox always reports 0%, but I do notice the skipping goes away slightly if my antenna is in the upstairs window. So I have to guess there is something physical in the way. I do not have direct LOS of the towers from where I am, but I am only about 8 miles away from them.

I am in an apt, and while I know it is within my rights to do so, I don't think I want to fool with installing an outdoor antenna.

Gerald

Please pray for peace.
post #33 of 2056 Old 10-11-2005, 10:08 AM

I am getting no signal on 43.1 now but I can still get 39.1
post #34 of 2056 Old 10-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

I've written off 43.1 and 43.2 for now; at least until I can carry the PC somewhere that has a decent (or at least different) LOS. Maybe I'll take it to church tonight.

Hey, at least WATE managed to keep MNF going in HD (at least up until the half, when I had to toddle off to bed)!

Gerald

Please pray for peace.
post #35 of 2056 Old 10-12-2005, 01:53 PM

No problems here in Morristown. All Knoxvilles coming steady and strong as usual. I don't have a rotor on my UHF. I point directly at Sharps ridge but still get enough signal from wbxx off the side for steady and reliable locks.
post #36 of 2056 Old 10-12-2005, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcat View Post

D* will likely provide HD locals in our market by '08. At least you have the option of getting them through Comcast. I have no other option here. Isn't there another cable provider in Knoxville as well?

It must be frustrating to not be able to get OTA. What have you tried so far? Sorry if you've posted this already.

D* basic cable
Winegard Square Shooter

No others because I don't have anywhere to put them and ETS dude said I would not be able to do any better in my attic which is truly my only other option. Heck, as much as you guys have trouble with these locals anyway what does it matter? Sounds like they all pretty much have more troubles than it's worth.

I got my C* box hooked up and it gets HD but the locals as well as ESPN are getting horizontal interrupts still which I attribute to my line being split twice. C* technician will be here Saturday to look at it and might run me another line or give me a booster for my signal. Mine is a DVR, Motorola DCT6208 which is a HD DVR it looks like:

http://broadband.motorola.com/dvr/dct6208.asp

What's a signature?
post #37 of 2056 Old 10-12-2005, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwwilliams View Post

D* basic cable
Winegard Square Shooter

No others because I don't have anywhere to put them and ETS dude said I would not be able to do any better in my attic which is truly my only other option. Heck, as much as you guys have trouble with these locals anyway what does it matter? Sounds like they all pretty much have more troubles than it's worth.

I got my C* box hooked up and it gets HD but the locals as well as ESPN are getting horizontal interrupts still which I attribute to my line being split twice. C* technician will be here Saturday to look at it and might run me another line or give me a booster for my signal. Mine is a DVR, Motorola DCT6208 which is a HD DVR it looks like:

http://broadband.motorola.com/dvr/dct6208.asp

You might consider the CM 4221 as an alternative to the square shooter. Should give you better performance for both uhf and high vhf which covers it for your area unless you need analog 6.
post #38 of 2056 Old 10-12-2005, 06:21 PM

I have an indoor set-top RCA amplified antenna in West Knoxville and haven't had a problem in eight months. However, I now can't even sniff a signal on 43-1 or 43-2 even though all other signals are coming in great (the ones I usually get).

I have never been able to get 7-1 or 2-1,2-2.

Any word on whether this is a WTNZ issue???
post #39 of 2056 Old 10-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Advanced Member

I cant remember... doesn't WTNZ share the same "community" tower with another station?

I have not had a chance to watch any TV lately, let alone to take my PC anywhere else to check if it is simply a location issue.

Gerald

Please pray for peace.
post #40 of 2056 Old 10-15-2005, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfrank View Post

I have an indoor set-top RCA amplified antenna in West Knoxville and haven't had a problem in eight months. However, I now can't even sniff a signal on 43-1 or 43-2 even though all other signals are coming in great (the ones I usually get).

I have never been able to get 7-1 or 2-1,2-2.

Any word on whether this is a WTNZ issue???

Have you tried another channel scan?

WTNZ is fine here. It's actual uhf channel 34 and virtual 43 . If you don't get it with the scan try accessing it via 34.
post #41 of 2056 Old 10-15-2005, 01:28 PM

Liked: 11
Now im getting no signal on WTNZ. Went from 75 down to 40 down to 0 in the past 2 weeks or so. Somethings got to be up.

EDIT... Just checked signal and now im getting 60% stable.
post #42 of 2056 Old 10-16-2005, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroot View Post

Now im getting no signal on WTNZ. Went from 75 down to 40 down to 0 in the past 2 weeks or so. Somethings got to be up.

EDIT... Just checked signal and now im getting 60% stable.

I noticed the Dallas football game is not in HD, but when I turn to Fox 39.1 WEMT in the tri cities it is in HD with DD 5.1.
post #43 of 2056 Old 10-16-2005, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post

I noticed the Dallas football game is not in HD, but when I turn to Fox 39.1 WEMT in the tri cities it is in HD with DD 5.1.

Sure enough, WTNZ isn't showing the Dallas game in HD for some reason.

Usually they are perfect with the HD switch... give them a call at 693-4343 and let us know what their explanation is!

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #44 of 2056 Old 10-16-2005, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Sure enough, WTNZ isn't showing the Dallas game in HD for some reason.

Usually they are perfect with the HD switch... give them a call at 693-4343 and let us know what their explanation is!

Even better, I will just watch it on their competitors site.
post #45 of 2056 Old 10-16-2005, 11:31 AM

I having to watch it on Directv TV Fox Channel 88
post #46 of 2056 Old 10-16-2005, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeevee View Post

Has something happened to the digital signals from WTNZ in Knoxville? Starting last night, my signal strength has only been around 20% on 43-1 and 43-2.

My 43-1 and 43-2 signals are back up in the 70% range. Whatever the problem was appears to be fixed for now.
post #47 of 2056 Old 10-19-2005, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone else having problems with WATE-DT tonight (Wed. Oct. 19th)? I tried recording Lost and it it cuts in and out... I fast fowarded and it looks like the middle section stayed SD after a commercial break but it was still cutting in and out.

The analog channel 6 looks fine, and surprisingly, 6.2 digital (the weather screen) is also fine! It's just 6.1 that seems to be having problems.

Is it just problems on my end?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 2056 Old 10-20-2005, 04:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Anyone else having problems with WATE-DT tonight (Wed. Oct. 19th)? ?

Yes, constant glitches like the signal is trying to drop. After Lost, it was off the air entirely (the subchannel was still on). I noticed this the night before, too, but assumed it was atmospheric. Guess not.
post #49 of 2056 Old 10-21-2005, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have my OTA antenna hooked up to a receiver and then out to a projector. I love this BUT I can't watch cable or dvd's without unhooking the antenna/receiver. Does anyone know how I can hook up antenna, receiver, cable (not a box) and dvd to projector and at once? I want to use component.
post #50 of 2056 Old 10-21-2005, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceAdler View Post

I have my OTA antenna hooked up to a receiver and then out to a projector. I love this BUT I can't watch cable or dvd's without unhooking the antenna/receiver. Does anyone know how I can hook up antenna, receiver, cable (not a box) and dvd to projector and at once? I want to use component.

Which brand and model number receiver are you using?

post #51 of 2056 Old 10-21-2005, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Samsung SIR-T451
post #52 of 2056 Old 10-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Google component switches. They are available in remote controlled devices (very expensive) to manual switching (moderately expensive). However, I used a $89 manual switch made specifically for composite game devices and it worked very well for use with a Panasonic projection system. It had at least six inputs, one out.

JB - Asheville

post #53 of 2056 Old 10-21-2005, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

The component switch is what you need, but I'm not sure how that will work with your OTA tuner with cable TV. Can your Samsung tuner accept a Cable input and change between antenna and CATV?

Also, be sure that the Component switch is designed for HD - the more expensive ones are.

post #54 of 2056 Old 10-22-2005, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
I use an extron switcher to switch back and forth between my different sources to feed the single input of my JVC G-15 D-ILA projector. It does an excellent job of passing HDTV. There are different models available both with manual switching and remote controlled. Mine assigns priorty to the different inputs and switches to the 1st in order of priorty that is powered on at the time. The remote controlled version is more expensive. You can download all the different models with specs and even instruction manuals at Extron.com. Unfortuately they are expensive.
Larry
post #55 of 2056 Old 10-22-2005, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Raulston View Post

Mine assigns priorty to the different inputs and switches to the 1st in order of priorty that is powered on at the time.

I have an SD switcher that does this... it's a great feature. I leave my Tivo on input one, and when I turn on the DVD player (input two) it automatically switches to that input. Then when I turn off the DVD player it switches back to the Tivo.

I highly recommend getting one that has automatic switching like this.

post #56 of 2056 Old 10-23-2005, 10:20 AM

Colts/Houston NFL 1:00PM Sunday(today)....my guide says it's supposed to be in High Definition.It's on WVLT CH8-Knoxville in standard def.I called and they said they will check.This station is terrible!The worst in the Knoxville market and I have called a dozen times to get them to "flip the switch".Please call them and complain.
post #57 of 2056 Old 10-23-2005, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aVOLanche View Post

Colts/Houston NFL 1:00PM Sunday(today)....my guide says it's supposed to be in High Definition.It's on WVLT CH8-Knoxville in standard def.I called and they said they will check.This station is terrible!The worst in the Knoxville market and I have called a dozen times to get them to "flip the switch".Please call them and complain.

I know, it drives me crazy too.

...we just have to keep in mind we are somewhat on the front edge of this technology which still has a limited audience, which means limited attention from the stations. The good news is as the broadcast hardware improves and the audience expands, the stations' interest in digital and HDTV will increase.

post #58 of 2056 Old 10-23-2005, 01:58 PM

Is WTNZ-FOX DT having problems? I have good signal strength and am getting all the other locals but no FOX. Anyone else having this problem?

They just fixed it!
post #59 of 2056 Old 10-24-2005, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aVOLanche View Post

This wasn't one of the HD games yesterday.
Steelers/Bengals and Chargers/Eagles were the HD early games on CBS.

Broncos/Giants was the HD late game.

Ken H always posts this info in the HDTV programming section at AVS on weekends.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=594710
post #60 of 2056 Old 10-24-2005, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

I have been having problems when trying to watch the NBC (WBIR) HD shows lately. For instance, tonight I was trying to watch Medium, and there would be sections where the picture and audio would go off and on constantly for 30 to 40 seconds at a time or more. It made the show about unwatchable. I noticed the same thing happening about a week ago. After Medium was over, the news seemed to be solid without any of these problems, though. Did other people see this too?
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page