Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #2041 of 2060 Old 08-01-2014, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
WOW! TO LAUNCH SEC NETWORK AUGUST 14

In WOW! Southeast markets, the network will be carried on the following channels in the Expanded Service tier beginning August 14:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WOW SEC Network Channel Numbers.PNG
Views:	534
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	192857  

Last edited by wvvolfan; 08-01-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2060 Old 08-04-2014, 05:02 PM

AS OF 8/14, ALL AREA KNOXVILLE / SURROUNDING TV PROVIDERS CARRY THE SEC NETWORK. Including DIRECTV, DISH, AT&T, Comcast, Charter, WOW! and TDS TV

Last edited by wvvolfan; 09-05-2014 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Updates for the Alternates
post #2043 of 2060 Old 08-21-2014, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anybody heard anything about Living Faith TV (WLFG in the Tri-Cities, WAGV in Harlan, KY) expanding into Knoxville? I noticed they own the low power analog WEZK transmitter on channel 28 now and have applied for a digital flash cut permit, which the FCC granted late last year. I think they're already broadcasting their main feed via analog.

They own the channel 22 transmitter in Sevierville as well.

Curious because they recently added the Leuken networks to their subchannels, and now that Knoxville no longer has a RetroTV affiliate, they're actually getting some good programming. Tried emailing Living Faith directly, but never got a response.
post #2044 of 2060 Old 08-22-2014, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
RabbitEars.info, the Bible of everything television, shows that WJZC will operate on RF channel 22 with a display to channel 44, when they begin (unknown exactly when). Living Fath will occupy 44.1, while Retro will roost on 44.2, PBJ on 44.3, and The Family Channel on 44.4. This is the same linep as the parent station WAGV channel rf 54 virtual display 44 in Harlan, KY. And yes, WEZK Knoxville, rf 28 virtual display 44, will have the same linked sub-channel lineup. Years ago the WEZK call letters were the familiar name of a very popular Knoxville FM station, and the parent company, South Central Braodacsting, placed those call letters on their LPTV station to keep them local and active. With a new owner of WEZK-LP, those calls could be written off and new ones used to ID Knoxville's Living Faith channel.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #2045 of 2060 Old 08-25-2014, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Antenna TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
New sub-channel for Knoxville market. WTNZ will be adding a new sub-channel soon and air it on their 43.3.

Wikipedia had WTNZ listed as an Antenna TV affiliate at August 1, but now that has been pulled from the site.
post #2046 of 2060 Old 08-25-2014, 09:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Grit is what's coming, not Antenna TV. Don't believe what you read on Wikipedia.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #2047 of 2060 Old 09-01-2014, 02:32 PM

post #2048 of 2060 Old 09-03-2014, 03:20 PM

HD Channel Lineup Comparison Chart for area Knoxville, TN providers

Latest HD Additions:
  • The latest update is complete!
  • Please remember DirecTV, Dish and AT&T offer many more additional RSNs in HD but those are not included on this chart and many require an additional sports pack add-on; only the ones considered local to the Knoxville region are included on this chart.
  • Any questions, comments, suggestions and corrections are always welcome.

Last edited by wvvolfan; 09-24-2014 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Update Chart
post #2049 of 2060 Old 09-04-2014, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Comcast customers get screwed again, I suppose. You make a great arguement why they can't flip-flop games. Going to be some upset people around here come Saturday.
post #2050 of 2060 Old 09-04-2014, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Knocksville TN, capitol por republica de Polezannia
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm just about fed up with Crumcast. I'm considering getting DirecTV again. Do any of their DVR's have an antenna input? I like my antenna reception integrated into my service. Tivo no longer offers this and I'm tired of Crumcast's remarkably poor PQ and V-53 error messages on my Tivo when channels go AWOL. I wouldn't bother with having a provider if it wasn't for sports.

In real life I am Dot Mongur champion of the International Pacman Federation. I don't play the game, I operate it.....no dot is safe from me....

post #2051 of 2060 Old 09-04-2014, 08:19 PM

Correction, Comcast has suddenly made "adjustments" and will air the Noon game in HD scheduled for SEC Network Alternate. Probably due to all the outcry from fans especially on forums like VolNation.
They actually made room for both games airing at 12PM ET/11AM CT.

http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/f...nnels_08081457

Quote:
Tennessee's noon game Saturday against Arkansas State has been pushed to the SEC Network's alternate channel, but Comcast has made adjustments to assure that the game will be available in both standard and high definition in all major southern cities, according to a Comcast spokesman on Thursday.

"We were able to complete certain network adjustments so that Comcast customers will be able to enjoy the Tennessee-Arkansas State game in HD, along with a full slate of college sports programming available on their TV and online throughout the weekend and the season," Alex Horwitz, the vice president of Comcast's public relations for its Big South region, said in a statement.

Horwitz said the Tennessee game would be available in Knoxville on HD channel 1739 and on standard definition on channels 761 and 762. He said it would be available on HD and standard definition in all major southern cities, including Knoxville, Nashville, Chattanooga and Memphis.
Here is updated channel numbers for SEC Network:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SEC Network Channel Numbers Image.PNG
Views:	425
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	248178  

Last edited by wvvolfan; 09-05-2014 at 01:43 PM.
post #2052 of 2060 Old 09-05-2014, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvvolfan View Post
Well, this is just peachy... just in time for the start of the NFL season. Hope they get it resolved soon.
post #2053 of 2060 Old 09-07-2014, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm glad I didn't have DirecTV for this game!

Anybody else notice how much shorter games are, or seem, on the S.E.C. Network. The commercials are so much shorter than CBS and ESPN. That may change after they've been on the air for a year or two and pick up more advertisers. For now, I like the shorter games.

In real life I am Dot Mongur champion of the International Pacman Federation. I don't play the game, I operate it.....no dot is safe from me....

post #2054 of 2060 Old 09-10-2014, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by carillon View Post
Well, this is just peachy... just in time for the start of the NFL season. Hope they get it resolved soon.
It got resolved just before the NFL games were aired.
post #2055 of 2060 Old 09-10-2014, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael Bellomy View Post
I'm glad I didn't have DirecTV for this game!

Anybody else notice how much shorter games are, or seem, on the S.E.C. Network. The commercials are so much shorter than CBS and ESPN. That may change after they've been on the air for a year or two and pick up more advertisers. For now, I like the shorter games.
They're not shorter on the SEC Network, the commercial breaks are standard for all televised football games in the SEC, with one exception. CBS games have an extra :30 in four of their breaks.
post #2056 of 2060 Old 09-10-2014, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRice16 View Post
They're not shorter on the SEC Network, the commercial breaks are standard for all televised football games in the SEC, with one exception. CBS games have an extra :30 in four of their breaks.
The stoppages may be the same length of time but not the number of commercials. There's more on the established networks. On the S.E.C. Network, there's more shots of the players, coaches, the stadium, promotion of future games, and such to fill-in the show. I don't expect this to last. It's pleasant for now.

post #2057 of 2060 Old 09-22-2014, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael Bellomy View Post
The stoppages may be the same length of time but not the number of commercials. There's more on the established networks. On the S.E.C. Network, there's more shots of the players, coaches, the stadium, promotion of future games, and such to fill-in the show. I don't expect this to last. It's pleasant for now.
I went back and checked my DVR recordings of the first two UT games, all of the breaks I counted were away from the broadcast and in commercial for the full 2:30. They can "flex" an extra :15 for updates and promos coming in an out of breaks.

I can't speak for every game broadcast, obviously, but the two UT games used the full time.
post #2058 of 2060 Old 09-24-2014, 01:33 AM

I updated the comparison HD channel chart above in this post. (post #2048)
Charter has 123 HD channels listed as 'Announced'; between now and the end of the year different areas will receive the new lineup with these HD channels once those areas go 100% all-digital (removal of all analog channels). Until then you will have the existing lineup with 104 HD channels.
I know right now that Charter serving Blount County/Alcoa/Maryville hasn't went all-digital and still have the existing lineup, whereas parts of other areas such as in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Farragut, Lenoir City, Loudon, Sweetwater, Madisonville, Tellico Village have went all-digital and have the new lineup. There is 1 HD PPV channel that is excluded from the chart for Charter (used for WWE, UFC events etc.) since I do not include PPV for any of the providers on this chart.

The most recent addition for all 7 providers was SEC Network HD and Alternates; however TDS, U-Verse and DISH have all had other recent HD additions as well. WOW added WPXK HD sometime I think in this month but I am not 100% sure on the exact date. DirecTV has a couple "Announced' HD that I have no idea when/if they will launch.
DaverJ likes this.

Last edited by wvvolfan; 09-24-2014 at 01:38 AM.
post #2059 of 2060 Old 10-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
WTNZ will add GRIT to their mux in the near future.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #2060 of 2060 Old 10-14-2014, 10:02 PM

I will need to update my above chart (probably will do it this weekend) as I have heard that the vast majority remaining Charter customers in the area received the update with around 123 new previously 'Announced' HD channels. They turned off all the analog channels which is why they have so much room for new HD channels and unlike Comcast (in Knoxville) Charter is also utilizing Switched Digital Video technology (SDV) in the area.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page