Philadelphia, PA - OTA - Page 136 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

post #4051 of 4055 Old 09-10-2016, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSplinter View Post
Has WCAU reduced their broadcasting power? I haven't watched it for most of the summer but I tried to tune in to watch the Olympics and noticed the signal is significantly worse than before. In fact, this channel used to be the strongest signal out of all of the Philadelphia channels for me (almost 100% signal strength) and now the signal is so weak that I can't even tune to the channel most of the time (it hovers around 50% signal strength, and cannot even get a lock at most times of the day).
I'm 17mi from Roxborough, and have also found WCAU to be very problematic lately. I get the more "difficult" channels just fine (WPVI, WHYY) and about 45 total, and I'm using a relatively cheap $40 GE attic antenna.

Anybody have any info or work-around the reception for WCAU? I was very annoyed when trying to watch the football game on Thursday night.

Thanks!

"That's right Mr. Martini...there is an Easter Bunny".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4052 of 4055 Old 09-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Remember, WCAU is Comcast. Perhaps they don't want you to view OTA and purchase their Xfinity service instead?
post #4053 of 4055 Old 09-11-2016, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 891
So it's not a bug, it's a feature.
Michael
wilbur_the_goose likes this.

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
Downloadable FREE demo discs: Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored)
Welcome to AVS - Get out while you still can!
post #4054 of 4055 Old 09-13-2016, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-star View Post
I'm 17mi from Roxborough, and have also found WCAU to be very problematic lately. I get the more "difficult" channels just fine (WPVI, WHYY) and about 45 total, and I'm using a relatively cheap $40 GE attic antenna.

Anybody have any info or work-around the reception for WCAU? I was very annoyed when trying to watch the football game on Thursday night.

Thanks!
I'm having the same issue. I am about 35 miles from the Roxborough towers (actually my home neighborhood) in Douglassville. I always received the 10's @ 100%. About two weeks ago I started to see sever pixelation. Right now (Tuesday 9/13 @ 4:40pm), I can't even get a signal.

John
post #4055 of 4055 Old Today, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post
Remember, WCAU is Comcast. Perhaps they don't want you to view OTA and purchase their Xfinity service instead?
Speaking on Comcast... what DVRs do the use in the Philly area?

Is it SA/Cisco boxes? The reason I ask is that on the west coast Motorola boxes are most of the installed base and I am thinking the most recent Comcast software (dvrmanager) doesn't work here because they ignored the devices here.

I get nothing of use from customer service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception