Abilene, TX - HDTV - Page 32 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #931 of 1226 Old 03-16-2009, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone noticed an audio/video sync problem with KTXS? I noticed it last week when flipping channels and its back this morning. I think it gets corrected when someone at the station notices it. This is the Dish HD signal off 61.5. The sync problem is present even on the local news which is not in HD.

Their SD feed as well as their analog signal is in sync. I'd check their OTA signal but it's not strong enough in my area to receive. If the OTA signal is in sync then it must have something to do with the feed to Dish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 1226 Old 03-16-2009, 07:29 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejohn60 View Post

Has anyone noticed an audio/video sync problem with KTXS? I noticed it last week when flipping channels and its back this morning. I think it gets corrected when someone at the station notices it. This is the Dish HD signal off 61.5. The sync problem is present even on the local news which is not in HD.

Their SD feed as well as their analog signal is in sync. I'd check their OTA signal but it's not strong enough in my area to receive. If the OTA signal is in sync then it must have something to do with the feed to Dish.

I only watch their HD OTA signal and haven't noticed any problems.

I used to get sync problems ALL THE TIME when I used HDMI from the vip622 to carry the audio. Everyone kept saying it was an inherent problem with digital TV but for it was REAL bad. Anyway, I bought a home theater sound system and fed it the audio via optical (no hdmi on my cheapy unit) and all my sync problems majically went away. I doubt that was a coincidence.

So how are you getting your audio?
post #933 of 1226 Old 03-16-2009, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

For mamoji or anyone with Suddenlink basic-
Have you noticed that everything but the locals (and a few useless channels such as HSN, music choice etc..) has been scrambled and moved back to analog only? A while back they moved nearly everything to digital channels and I thought if anything the analog duplicates would go away. There wasn't a huge improvement in quality, but the picture and sound was slightly better with digital. Is this Suddenlink's way of gently encouraging basic users to rent one of their overpriced digital boxes? Even though most tv's today have a QAM tuner...I doubt there is a large portion of people in Abilene that understand what it does, and an even smaller portion that would go to the trouble of actually using it. Just as an example, ask any of your coworkers, friends or family members if they have a QAM tuner on their tv..

I'm hoping this is just temporary..but I fear someone at Suddenlink has overestimated the technical expertise of the Abilene area population.

"The quickest way to get over your fear of plasma is to actually own *one"- joemama127

*or 3 :)
post #934 of 1226 Old 03-16-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama127 View Post

For mamoji or anyone with Suddenlink basic-
Have you noticed that everything but the locals (and a few useless channels such as HSN, music choice etc..) has been scrambled and moved back to analog only? A while back they moved nearly everything to digital channels and I thought if anything the analog duplicates would go away. There wasn't a huge improvement in quality, but the picture and sound was slightly better with digital. Is this Suddenlink's way of gently encouraging basic users to rent one of their overpriced digital boxes? Even though most tv's today have a QAM tuner...I doubt there is a large portion of people in Abilene that understand what it does, and an even smaller portion that would go to the trouble of actually using it. Just as an example, ask any of your coworkers, friends or family members if they have a QAM tuner on their tv..

I'm hoping this is just temporary..but I fear someone at Suddenlink has overestimated the technical expertise of the Abilene area population.

yeeeeeeeep, looks like suddenlink went stingy and took away the clearQAM channels. what a garbage move. i hope they are just "testing" something and bring those digital channels back.
post #935 of 1226 Old 03-17-2009, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamoji View Post

yeeeeeeeep, looks like suddenlink went stingy and took away the clearQAM channels. what a garbage move. i hope they are just "testing" something and bring those digital channels back.

Wow..yeah. I can't imagine what they could possibly be testing. I'm guessing that someone at Suddenlink went over the figures for the ratio of basic versus digital/premium subscribers and found that it was skewed to basic. I can imagine someone in the room suggested moving everything that was previously on digital and analog back to analog only as a way to encourage renting a "digital" box. I'd say the vast majority of basic cable users in the area don't know what their QAM tuner is for and wouldn't use it if they did. I showed my dad (78 years old) how to get free HD/digital on his new 42" plasma....and he still uses the old analog channels because he hates having to punch in 3-4 numbers with a "." inbetween.

"The quickest way to get over your fear of plasma is to actually own *one"- joemama127

post #936 of 1226 Old 03-18-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:

I had an opportunity last week to talk to the chief engineer for Fox Abilene and Fox San Angelo. Very interesting. He said that they found and bought a small used low powered HD transmitter and brought it in and installed it and the next day had it running by that afternoon, but it is a weak transmitter and difficult for some folks to get. He told me that they have ordered a much larger unit and it will take them some time to built platforms to hold that equipment. Scheduled deliver for that transmitter is June 12th. It will have about four times more power than the present one and should enable those having a problem getting Abilene Fox to receive it much more easily. He said that after it is installed and running they plan to petition the FCC to grant them the authority to purchase and install a very powerful transmitter which will be much stronger than the one they will install June 12 and of course will have a much greater range. He said that will take a few months. Really a very nice fellow to talk to.

That is very good news. Especially to those like me who are not satellite or cable subscribers.

Thanks for the post.
post #937 of 1226 Old 03-19-2009, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

I would really like someone who works for a cable company to explain to me how they get the non-local networks to broadcast to their viewers...is it by sattelite and then unscrambled and broadcast by the cableco? I guess my real question is this: do networks that don't broadcast free with transmitter towers have to switch to digital in June also? I have never really thought much about this before until Suddenlink moved nearly all their programming (local and cable networks) to digital channels just before the original Feb 17th cutoff, and then shortly after the deadline was extended they moved them all back to the same analog channels they have always been on. In June will they have to move them back to digital or does the switchover only apply to free broadcasts?

edit- forgot to mention that when they moved the channels to digital briefly they also maintained the original analog channels at the same time. For a while they had a weird thing going with a couple of the locals (KTAB, KRBC iirc) on 3 different channels...the usual analog channel, a duplicate analog broadcast on a digital channel and then another digital channel with true digital/HD???

post #938 of 1226 Old 03-19-2009, 08:36 PM

The analoge to digital transition only effects OTA transmissions.

I'm pretty sure that the non-local channels are delivered to the cable companies via satellite but I don't know for sure.
post #939 of 1226 Old 03-21-2009, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigepilot View Post

The analoge to digital transition only effects OTA transmissions.

I'm pretty sure that the non-local channels are delivered to the cable companies via satellite but I don't know for sure.

I'm pretty sure they get everything but the locals by sat also (pretty ironic) but I wish someone who worked for Suddenlink specifically could tell me why they moved everything to digital channels and then back again. (or possibly just scrambled the digital duplicates) If they really moved everything from the digital channels then "digital" (but not HD) subscribers are back to getting everything in poorly done SD.

You see, those of us who only get Suddenlink basic and also use a QAM tuner (I would guess probably less than a couple hundred people in the area) actually got a better deal than people renting a digital (non-HD) box. We got all of the locals in HD which isn't possible without bypassing the cable box....and the SD channels moved to digital only looked marginally better, but sound quality got a noticeable bump. It's not really that big of a deal since QAM users can still get the locals HD....but I'm guessing they yanked the other digitals because word got out that people only getting Suddenlink internet could hook up a splitter and run it to their tv with a QAM tuner and get nearly 70 channels for free..

post #940 of 1226 Old 03-21-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure they get everything but the locals by sat also (pretty ironic) but I wish someone who worked for Suddenlink specifically could tell me why they moved everything to digital channels and then back again. (or possibly just scrambled the digital duplicates) If they really moved everything from the digital channels then "digital" (but not HD) subscribers are back to getting everything in poorly done SD.

You see, those of us who only get Suddenlink basic and also use a QAM tuner (I would guess probably less than a couple hundred people in the area) actually got a better deal than people renting a digital (non-HD) box. We got all of the locals in HD which isn't possible without bypassing the cable box....and the SD channels moved to digital only looked marginally better, but sound quality got a noticeable bump. It's not really that big of a deal since QAM users can still get the locals HD....but I'm guessing they yanked the other digitals because word got out that people only getting Suddenlink internet could hook up a splitter and run it to their tv with a QAM tuner and get nearly 70 channels for free..

Your last point may be the most important one to remember. No sence in offering up free channels.

Also, I didn't mean to infer that the cable companies use the same sats that us sat customers are useing. I think the cable networks use sats to deliver their channels to the various programming providers and the programming providers deliver the channels to customers via their own means.
post #941 of 1226 Old 03-21-2009, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Your last point may be the most important one to remember. No sence in offering up free channels.

Also, I didn't mean to infer that the cable companies use the same sats that us sat customers are useing. I think the cable networks use sats to deliver their channels to the various programming providers and the programming providers deliver the channels to customers via their own means.

I'll bet there is just a small percentage of people who have Suddenlink internet and also don't have cable tv...and of that small percentage only a few would think to try it, and others that know it's possible wouldn't want to bother getting a splitter and running RG6 to wherever their main tv happens to be. (usually not in the same room as the computer) and unless they are just using an antenna for tv (don't have sat)...it wouldn't be worth the trouble.
But I guess even that small percentage was unnacceptable to Suddenlinks bean counters....which sucks for those of us paying for basic.

post #942 of 1226 Old 03-23-2009, 09:07 AM

I'm with Suddenlink. Here's the short explanation of what's going on in West Texas.

Our company offers multiple groups or categories of TV channels. This particular issue involves four of those channel categories, namely ...

Category #1: Limited Basic -- Analog
Category #2: Limited Basic -- Digital
Category #3: Expanded Basic -- Analog
Category #4: Expanded Basic -- Digital

The channels in Categories #1 and #2 are the same channels, but in different formats. The same goes for Categories #3 and #4: identical channels but in different formats.

Historically, Limited Basic customers received Category #1 ... while Expanded Basic customers received Categories #1 and #3.

We're now working toward a situation where Limited Basic customers can get Categories #1 and #2 -- for no additional charge -- and Expanded Basic customers can get all four categories; again, for no additional charge. But we're not quite there yet.

Starting in early November, Expanded Basic customers could see all four categories. However, Limited Basic customers could see Categories #1, #2, and #4 -- even though they didn't subscribe to the level of service that includes Category #4.

The first step we took to address the situation produced the correct outcome for Limited Basic customers, but not for Expanded Basic customers. As a result, Expanded Basic customers currently see Categories #1, #2, and #3.

We're working now on a solution that will return Category #4 to Expanded Basic customers -- i.e., the digital version of the same channels they can see in Category #3. That solution will take eight-plus weeks to complete. In the interim, we are offering Expanded Basic customers who contact our customer care center (or stop by a local office) the opportunity to be placed on a wait list, which should allow them to receive the solution a bit faster: in four to six weeks rather than eight or more weeks.

We apologize for any frustration this situation may have caused. When everything is completed, Suddenlnk's Limited and Expanded Basic customers will have access to all-digital line ups for the same price they pay today.
post #943 of 1226 Old 03-23-2009, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

I consider myself to be slightly above average intelligence (almost passed MENSA test) but...please tell me I'm not the only one totally confused by the above ^^ post.

I have expanded basic, and I'm really not looking to get any channels that I'm not paying for...just the analog signal passed digitally and processed through my tv instead of a set-top box. Honestly, analog channels passed digitally aren't true "digital" channels and are only marginally better picture wise to their analog only counterparts. As some of the stations look pretty bad when blown up to 50" on an HDTV....even marginally better is a good thing. I really don't know if I understand what you're saying in the above post...in layman terms, will digital duplicates (or only digital) of non-local channels be available at some point? Like I said in earlier posts..the vast majority of basic/expanded subscribers will never know (or care) that digital duplicates are there unless their old channel numbers go away completely. But I can imagine the flood of calls coming in if that happens..

post #944 of 1226 Old 03-23-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:

I really don't know if I understand what you're saying in the above post...in layman terms, will digital duplicates (or only digital) of non-local channels be available at some point?

Sorry for any confusion. The short answer is "yes" for customers in areas like West Texas where we've started "digital simulcast." If you're served by one of our cable systems in West Texas, digital duplicates of non-local channels will be restored in eight weeks or so, likely sooner if you add your name to the waiting list mentioned in my first post. These restored digital channels (from our Expanded Basic package) should be viewable on a TV set with digital tuner; no digital box will be required.
post #945 of 1226 Old 03-23-2009, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabel View Post

Sorry for any confusion. The short answer is "yes" for customers in areas like West Texas where we've started "digital simulcast." If you're served by one of our cable systems in West Texas, digital duplicates of non-local channels will be restored in eight weeks or so, likely sooner if you add your name to the waiting list mentioned in my first post. These restored digital channels (from our Expanded Basic package) should be viewable on a TV set with digital tuner; no digital box will be required.

I guess what I don't understand is the waiting list part...is this done on a per subscriber basis? I guess I was wrong, but I thought that what could be found with a QAM tuner was simply what was fed through the cable and into a digital STB....minus the extra channels that digital subscribers get. (which I assumed were then unscrambled by the box) QAM tuners in tv's do essentially the same thing a separate digital box does...but can't unscramble anything.

So to get this straight...digital duplicates of non-local expanded basic networks will be available to all expanded basic (no digital box) subscribers eventually, but a waiting list can get it to you sooner? I see a little value in this personally (because I know how to use a QAM tuner/don't mind punching extra numbers) but I don't see Suddenlink's angle in this. If they do this for free..and educate customers on how to take advantage..wouldn't that cut down on digital box rentals? I know many people (my eldery father for one) that wouldn't use the digital channels even if they were available..as long as the old analog feed was still there with the same channel numbers. I really don't want to come off as cynical, but why is Suddenlink doing this, as you say "for no extra cost"...when we all realize that businesses are about maximizing profits while simultaneously trying not to piss off customers to the point where they choose a competitors service?

post #946 of 1226 Old 03-24-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:

I guess what I don't understand is the waiting list part...is this done on a per subscriber basis? I guess I was wrong, but I thought that what could be found with a QAM tuner was simply what was fed through the cable and into a digital STB....minus the extra channels that digital subscribers get. (which I assumed were then unscrambled by the box) QAM tuners in tv's do essentially the same thing a separate digital box does...but can't unscramble anything.

So to get this straight...digital duplicates of non-local expanded basic networks will be available to all expanded basic (no digital box) subscribers eventually, but a waiting list can get it to you sooner? I see a little value in this personally (because I know how to use a QAM tuner/don't mind punching extra numbers) but I don't see Suddenlink's angle in this. If they do this for free..and educate customers on how to take advantage..wouldn't that cut down on digital box rentals? I know many people (my eldery father for one) that wouldn't use the digital channels even if they were available..as long as the old analog feed was still there with the same channel numbers. I really don't want to come off as cynical, but why is Suddenlink doing this, as you say "for no extra cost"...when we all realize that businesses are about maximizing profits while simultaneously trying not to piss off customers to the point where they choose a competitors service?

wait, so i have to now sign up for the channels that i was recieving, but taken away, and wait 8 weeks? am i missing the logic?
post #947 of 1226 Old 03-24-2009, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamoji View Post

wait, so i have to now sign up for the channels that i was recieving, but taken away, and wait 8 weeks? am i missing the logic?

Glad I'm not the only one totally confused by this. If I understand Pabel correctly, the digital duplicates of non-local cable networks will be available to basic/expanded subscribers soon...which leaves the question: are current digital cable subscribers not getting theirs digitally either? Because, unless I totally misunderstand QAM technology...it simply tunes in unscrambled digital cable channels. Which brings up another question: if digital subscribers are getting the non-locals digitally then that means they are scrambled and the box is doing the decoding. Which then brings up YET ANOTHER question....why are they scrambling it now if they plan to offer it for free to non-digital subscribers in 8 weeks or so?

Sorry if my post is just as confusing as Pabel's....but I'm quite sure I'm missing an important part of what he was trying to say. QAM tuners don't give basic/expanded subscribers anything we don't already pay for (nothing useful at least) and unless the signal going into the homes of digital subscribers is different than what we get...they are really scrambling digital for no reason that I can see.

post #948 of 1226 Old 03-24-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmahon View Post

I could be mistaken, but I believe Windows Media Center will only let you tune in channels listed in their online database. You need to contact their customer support and tell them to update the database.

According to this post, WMC can be picky about the data stream. I think this is the case in Abilene. Anyone know how to record a few seconds of the raw transport stream so I can check it out?

Thanks, Dwayne
post #949 of 1226 Old 03-25-2009, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejohn60 View Post

Ejohn60, what type of TV do you have? I recently updated to a 120hz model with features to smooth out motion. Since then, I've been getting choppy video playback during Desperate Housewives which is the only fictional program we watch from ABC/KTXS. When I turn off the smooth motion feature, the choppy playback stops. This is unique to Desperate Housewives for the various things I've watched with this TV. At first I just thought KTXS was having issues but this kept happening for several weeks.

I recently learned that ABC is dropping frames throughout the broadcast of many of their shows which has the effect of speeding up playback, shortening runtime, and gives them one more 30 second commercial timeslot. The problem with TVs like mine is that if the original content was shot in 24fps and then telecined with 2:3 pulldown, the TV tries to removed the 2:3 pulldown to then apply the smooth motion. This is easy for the TV to do because the 2 identical frames followed by 3 identical frame cadence is easy to follow. However, when a frame is dropped from sequence, the TV has to 'resync' up with the video to get the job done. On my TV, it doesn't lose synch with the audio, but it does do a very visible hiccup every 4 or 5 seconds. I could see how in other models this would cause a problem syncing with audio as well.

I used to avoid FOX because we couldn't get it in HD. Now it looks like I'll be avoiding ABC's primetime lineup because they have to muck up the video.
post #950 of 1226 Old 03-26-2009, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

mamoji and others with Suddenlink basic/expanded-
I spoke with Pabel (who is actually Peter M. Abel, Senior VP of corporate communications @Suddenlink) by e-mail and he confirmed that they are working on getting digital duplicates for people that don't have a digital box...stating that it was more difficult. What he didn't explain, is why we were getting these channels just a few weeks ago...yet now it is suddenly "too difficult" to do until June? He did offer to speak with me by phone but I don't think it's really that big of a deal...if it happens great, and if not then life goes on as usual.

It is clear that we are being line filtered in some fashion, but what is unclear is the reason why...especially if they are going to unfilter it with no extra cost in a couple months. If the plan was to keep filtering the digitals (non-local) indefinitely I would say it was simply a misguided attempt at steering basic/expanded customers towards renting a box. I say "misguided" because people who don't go with digital/HD packages are more worried about cost than any improvement in PQ/AQ...and likely have an older non-HD set anyway. I bought into the "digital cable" hype back in 2000 when I was still living in Fort Worth...what I found is that SD passed digitally is still SD, and Charter had pretty bad macroblocking issues back then most likely due to bandwidth starvation. I'm primarily a movie buff (50" 1080p plasma, BD player) that doesn't watch much regular tv beyond sports/history channel/AMC....so the slight bump in PQ/AQ of digital SD isn't really that important to me. It's just maddening that it is there, I have the technology to tune it in...yet can't.

Another thing I don't understand is Suddenlink's duplicate analog locals on digital channels. For example:
KTXS (ABC)- 81.1 (digital/HD) 88.2 (analog/SD) 4 (old analog/SD)
KXVA (FOX)- 81.2 (digital/HD) 88.4 (analog/SD) 6 (old analog/SD)
KRBC (NBC)- 102.1 (digital/HD) 88.3 (analog/SD) 5 (old analog/SD)
KTAB (CBS)- 102.2 (digital/HD) 88.7 (analog/SD) 10 (old analog/SD)

maybe in June they will have to drop the old 4,5,6 and 10?

post #951 of 1226 Old 03-27-2009, 12:56 PM

I had same issue with DTV. I would only get 15.1 to show up when hooked directly to my TV. Once I went through my AM-21 and HR-22 HD/DVR. It would show up in the guide, but picture was blank. I did the same a couple times by redoing the initial antenna setup through DTV, with no luck. However, today, I tried it one more time, and it finally worked.
post #952 of 1226 Old 04-01-2009, 01:11 PM

I just wanted to post this:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-net...1-changes.html

It shows KXVA HD will be comming soon to Dish Network. I wouldn't be so excited about it, but they still have the wrong guide info for KXVA OTA.
post #953 of 1226 Old 04-01-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shy_guy View Post

It shows KXVA HD will be comming soon to Dish Network. I wouldn't be so excited about it, but they still have the wrong guide info for KXVA OTA.

Happy to see it for the same reason as you.

I can get it OTA and with the Dish DVRs and with that if you can get the other three via Sat in HD then there isn't a scenario where you can't use all three tuners in HD at one time on locals... unless you have guide issues. I keep emailing them on that and they keep say they're working on it and let them know if it's not resolved in 2 weeks. I don't understand why that is so hard... the info's there on the sat channel for chist sake!
post #954 of 1226 Old 04-01-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shy_guy View Post

Why wouldn't you be excited about this? I know I certainly am.

I live in rural area near Ballinger, and I can't pick up KXVA SD or HD over the antenna. Likewise, I can't pick up KIDY from San Angelo either. In fact, I get KSAN, KLST, KTXS, KTAB, and KRBC all in HD either from Dish or the antenna. Neither FOX affiliate has been in HD for me yet. Now, soon, KXVA will be available and I'll have all the major networks in HD.

Hopefully the wait for it to be shown for Dish Network subscribers isn't very long. Bring it on Dish, I'm ready!
post #955 of 1226 Old 04-02-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:

I can get it OTA and with the Dish DVRs and with that if you can get the other three via Sat in HD then there isn't a scenario where you can't use all three tuners in HD at one time on locals... unless you have guide issues. I keep emailing them on that and they keep say they're working on it and let them know if it's not resolved in 2 weeks. I don't understand why that is so hard... the info's there on the sat channel for chist sake!

I have also been sending e-mails to dishquality. At this point, I just don't think they care. They got my $5 per month for guide data, and they put some on there. Too bad if it's not correct, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfenite View Post

Why wouldn't you be excited about this? I know I certainly am.

I live in rural area near Ballinger, and I can't pick up KXVA SD or HD over the antenna. Likewise, I can't pick up KIDY from San Angelo either. In fact, I get KSAN, KLST, KTXS, KTAB, and KRBC all in HD either from Dish or the antenna. Neither FOX affiliate has been in HD for me yet. Now, soon, KXVA will be available and I'll have all the major networks in HD.

Hopefully the wait for it to be shown for Dish Network subscribers isn't very long. Bring it on Dish, I'm ready!

I understand why you are excited. I would be too in your situation. The only OTA channel I can get right now is KXVA, but without proper guide data, I can only watch live tv, or try to figure out how to manually program my DVR like I used to do over 10 years ago with a VCR. Maybe I'm just spoiled to my DVR, but I refuse to be a "slave" to live tv like my mother-in-law, who won't dare leave the house when her shows are on. I also hate commercials.
post #956 of 1226 Old 04-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

The guide data for Dish and DTV comes from a separate company, Tribune Media Services, and they set up the guides according to each station's supplied info. To resolve this problem, you need to call or email KXVA's station manager explaining the situation and ask him to take care of it, since it is their responsibility.

Good Luck.

Knowledge is Power. Trust but Verify.
post #957 of 1226 Old 04-02-2009, 08:11 PM

I've never had luck e-mailing KXVA. I tried their contact us page to let them know that the program guide on Dish Network was messed up during the NFL season (the first game was always listed as Race Week, followed by paid programming, followed by "movie".), and it just does not work. I always get a letter back saying that it was unsendable or some bs.

If you really want to get something done, you're going to have to call them. I can't find a single e-mail address that works on their website. I would do it, but I don't feel motivated enough to pick up the phone and talk with these people.
post #958 of 1226 Old 04-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by olfenite View Post

I've never had luck e-mailing KXVA. I tried their contact us page to let them know that the program guide on Dish Network was messed up during the NFL season (the first game was always listed as Race Week, followed by paid programming, followed by "movie".), and it just does not work. I always get a letter back saying that it was unsendable or some bs.

If you really want to get something done, you're going to have to call them. I can't find a single e-mail address that works on their website. I would do it, but I don't feel motivated enough to pick up the phone and talk with these people.

I'll see what I can do.

Knowledge is Power. Trust but Verify.
post #959 of 1226 Old 04-04-2009, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmahon View Post

The guide data for Dish and DTV comes from a separate company, Tribune Media Services, and they set up the guides according to each station's supplied info. To resolve this problem, you need to call or email KXVA's station manager explaining the situation and ask him to take care of it, since it is their responsibility.

Good Luck.

I pay money to Dish for the guide data, not Tribune or KXVA. So I regard my first point of contact as Dish. There is correct guide data (with he exception of the NFL football) on the SD/Sat. version of KXVA so I know someone is getting it at least mostly correct. They're mapping over the data from an incorrect channel to the OTA version.
post #960 of 1226 Old 04-05-2009, 04:07 PM

Yep, my e-mail to KXVA always fails to get through too. I can't help but to think it may be on purpose so they don't have to deal with viewer complaints.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page