Cedar Rapids, IA - HDTV - Page 166 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4951 of 4956 Old 05-20-2014, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's been a year now since I last did OTA, myself, but I have a friend who just mentioned today that KWWL has been causing her problems both at her house and at another friend of her's that also does OTA, I guess for the past week. They live within a couple miles of each other in Waterloo. Just curious if anyone else has been having problems with KWWL OTA?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4952 of 4956 Old 05-21-2014, 11:30 AM

I have a lot of drop outs with KWWL ever since they went back to actual VHF channel 7. I would guess it is because of their very low power, I received them fine when they were in the UHF band.

I live on the West side of Dubuque and have a 50-foot tower with a Winegard HD8200U antenna with matching pre-amp. KCRG has some minor pix drop outs, but, otherwise, all other channels, less 28, come in very well.

Do not get KFXA-28 at all, they are too far away, they need to move in with the "big boys" to get Dubuque into their viewing range. You have to sub cable or satellite to get channel 28.
post #4953 of 4956 Old 05-26-2014, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My last two recordings of 24 were pretty much unwatchable. Lots of drop outs, pixelation, green screen, etc. Tonight's broadcast I was only able to get about 26 minutes of watchable content out of the typical 42 minutes. I checked the signal power and for some reason I don't seem to be getting full strength from KFXA. Did they drop power on their signal recently? My first two episodes of 24 were flawless.
post #4954 of 4956 Old 06-18-2014, 02:05 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppyman View Post
My last two recordings of 24 were pretty much unwatchable. Lots of drop outs, pixelation, green screen, etc. Tonight's broadcast I was only able to get about 26 minutes of watchable content out of the typical 42 minutes. I checked the signal power and for some reason I don't seem to be getting full strength from KFXA. Did they drop power on their signal recently? My first two episodes of 24 were flawless.
When I got home from work last evening, I sat down to watch my recording of 24 from the night before. Crap, weather alerts the whole recording. Anyone know if it is/was rebroadcast?
post #4955 of 4956 Old 06-23-2014, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
KGAN to get getTV on a subchannel soon:

http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/008...tations/271009

dtv_junkie87
post #4956 of 4956 Old 07-03-2014, 07:06 AM

GetTV has been broadcasting on 2.2 since Monday now, pretty decent bitrate and it looks good. As for the problem with 7, the only issue I have on all 3 of my TVs is lip sync issues with 7.1 (.2 and .3 are OK) but they've been like that since day one. All westinghouse.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page