Cedar Rapids, IA - HDTV - Page 166 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #4951 of 4967 Old 05-20-2014, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's been a year now since I last did OTA, myself, but I have a friend who just mentioned today that KWWL has been causing her problems both at her house and at another friend of her's that also does OTA, I guess for the past week. They live within a couple miles of each other in Waterloo. Just curious if anyone else has been having problems with KWWL OTA?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4952 of 4967 Old 05-21-2014, 11:30 AM

I have a lot of drop outs with KWWL ever since they went back to actual VHF channel 7. I would guess it is because of their very low power, I received them fine when they were in the UHF band.

I live on the West side of Dubuque and have a 50-foot tower with a Winegard HD8200U antenna with matching pre-amp. KCRG has some minor pix drop outs, but, otherwise, all other channels, less 28, come in very well.

Do not get KFXA-28 at all, they are too far away, they need to move in with the "big boys" to get Dubuque into their viewing range. You have to sub cable or satellite to get channel 28.
post #4953 of 4967 Old 05-26-2014, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My last two recordings of 24 were pretty much unwatchable. Lots of drop outs, pixelation, green screen, etc. Tonight's broadcast I was only able to get about 26 minutes of watchable content out of the typical 42 minutes. I checked the signal power and for some reason I don't seem to be getting full strength from KFXA. Did they drop power on their signal recently? My first two episodes of 24 were flawless.
post #4954 of 4967 Old 06-18-2014, 02:05 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppyman View Post
My last two recordings of 24 were pretty much unwatchable. Lots of drop outs, pixelation, green screen, etc. Tonight's broadcast I was only able to get about 26 minutes of watchable content out of the typical 42 minutes. I checked the signal power and for some reason I don't seem to be getting full strength from KFXA. Did they drop power on their signal recently? My first two episodes of 24 were flawless.
When I got home from work last evening, I sat down to watch my recording of 24 from the night before. Crap, weather alerts the whole recording. Anyone know if it is/was rebroadcast?
post #4955 of 4967 Old 06-23-2014, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 21
KGAN to get getTV on a subchannel soon:

http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/008...tations/271009

dtv_junkie87
post #4956 of 4967 Old 07-03-2014, 07:06 AM

GetTV has been broadcasting on 2.2 since Monday now, pretty decent bitrate and it looks good. As for the problem with 7, the only issue I have on all 3 of my TVs is lip sync issues with 7.1 (.2 and .3 are OK) but they've been like that since day one. All westinghouse.
post #4957 of 4967 Old 11-24-2014, 09:10 AM

So, is KWKB losing Antenna TV?

KCRG-TV9 is pleased to announce the launch of Antenna TV on January 19, 2015. Viewers will be able to watch classic television favorites such as Three Stooges, I Dream of Jeannie, Dennis the Menace, Newhart, Leave it to Beaver, WKRP in Cincinnati, Mr. Belvedere, Barney Miller, Bewitched, All in the Family, Doogie Howser,M.D., The Patty Duke Show, Mister Ed, Green Acres, Good Times, Three’s Company, The Jack Benny Program and many more.
post #4958 of 4967 Old 12-13-2014, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
KGAN 2.2 but not 2.1?

I get all my local tv off air using a Radio Shack VHF/UHF outdoor antenna. I get all channels upstairs, and everything downstairs except 2.1. I have tried two different cables and I get the same results whether I connect direct to my TV, or to my Hauppauge HVR-1600 tuner in my HTPC. Any ideas what the problem could be? Seems odd that I can get 2.2 fine, but not 2.1.
post #4959 of 4967 Old 12-20-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey59 View Post
I get all my local tv off air using a Radio Shack VHF/UHF outdoor antenna. I get all channels upstairs, and everything downstairs except 2.1. I have tried two different cables and I get the same results whether I connect direct to my TV, or to my Hauppauge HVR-1600 tuner in my HTPC. Any ideas what the problem could be? Seems odd that I can get 2.2 fine, but not 2.1.
Rescan with your antenna connected directly to your TV. Maybe the TV just couldn't find 2.1 on the last rescan. Otherwise, try adjusting the antenna to get a better signal. Once KGAN is scanned in everything should be OK.
post #4960 of 4967 Old 01-14-2015, 08:11 AM

Arrow Time to fire up your VHF antennas, DIRECTV customers!

To all of our viewers who subscribe to DIRECTV services:
We wanted to let you know that we are at an impasse in our negotiation talks with DIRECTV. The contract between KCRG-TV9 and DIRECTV officially ended on December 31, but KCRG-TV9 granted a two week extension in hopes that an agreement could be worked out. Unfortunately it does not appear as though an agreement will be reached prior to today’s noon deadline. At that time, DIRECTV subscribers will need to use other means to watch our programming. As always, KCRG-TV9 (as well as KCRG 9.2 and KCRG 9.3) are available for FREE over the air via antenna, as well as through other cable and satellite providers.
We would like to thank the more than 50 other cable entities throughout Eastern Iowa who we were able to work with to secure agreements in 2014, without interruption to their customers and our viewers. We greatly appreciate their partnership. It is our continued hope that DIRECTV will eventually reach a reasonable conclusion as well.
Please visit kcrg.com/directv for more information and updates.
post #4961 of 4967 Old 01-14-2015, 10:16 AM

Liked: 11
Updated Jan. 14, 11:28 a.m. - We have granted DIRECTV a 26-hour extension in the hopes of avoiding a disruption. This means DIRECTV will still be offered until 2 p.m. Thursday, January 15. We will continue to negotiate in good faith and work towards an agreement. KCRG-TV9 (as well as KCRG 9.2 and KCRG 9.3) are always available for FREE over the air via antenna, as well as through other cable and satellite providers.
Read more at http://www.kcrg.com/directv#otjp4ejecDssWJLx.99
oldsyd likes this.
post #4962 of 4967 Old 01-30-2015, 08:14 PM

So with the biggest forecasted snowstorm of the last couple of years coming Sat night & Sunday (9"+ S & E of the CR airport (KFXA 1/30 9pm newscast)), hopefully KWWL will figure out that Super Bowl fans don't want to see a game on a squeezed up distorted screen with a overly large 4 line drag with advertising.
Hint: We all know if we want to see who/what's delayed/closed will be shown on a sub channel.

HD since Sept 2005
post #4963 of 4967 Old 02-08-2015, 03:56 PM

Well said, iowahawkeye!!! When, if ever, will KWWL figure it out. Or, for that matter, will KGAN or KFXA ever get a full HD controlroom.
post #4964 of 4967 Old 04-11-2015, 05:45 PM

Just noticed I'm not getting any of the 32-X channels on any of my TVs.

The wind might have tweeked the antenna though, anyone else noticed any issues?

(First noticed it yesterday)

12-X are still coming in fine.
post #4965 of 4967 Old 04-12-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarringer View Post
Just noticed I'm not getting any of the 32-X channels on any of my TVs.

The wind might have tweeked the antenna though, anyone else noticed any issues?

(First noticed it yesterday)

12-X are still coming in fine.
Reception is back today.
post #4966 of 4967 Old 04-21-2015, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You have got to me kidding me.

DirecTV dumps KCRG for over three months, and it finally comes back this past weekend. Now, only two days later, DirecTV dumps KWWL! These retransmission agreement disputes are getting ridiculous!

Sorry, just had to vent.
post #4967 of 4967 Old 04-22-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintonShellsburg View Post
You have got to me kidding me.

DirecTV dumps KCRG for over three months, and it finally comes back this past weekend. Now, only two days later, DirecTV dumps KWWL! These retransmission agreement disputes are getting ridiculous!

Sorry, just had to vent.
The "local broadcast channel surcharge" Mediacom charges in Iowa City has been $4.67/month.

HD since Sept 2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception