Cedar Rapids, IA - HDTV - Page 167 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #4981 of 4981 Old 06-02-2017, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
From my home most of the major stations are located 20 to 26 miles away at 335 to 346 degrees. KFXA (FOX 28) is 20 miles away at 282 degrees. I put up an outdoor antenna with a wide field of view, pointing it in the 335 degree direction in the hopes of getting enough signal from the KFXA. For the most part it has worked. Occasionally I get some minor pixelation on the KFXA stations, but usually it's just fine. I have a Channel Master DVR+ for the tuner and I don't think it's the greatest tuner. I bought a multipath filter I'm going to try the next time it starts pixelating and see if that helps.

When I put up the antenna I was also hoping to get lucky and receive KWKB (20) on the back side of the antenna. KWKB is located near West Branch, 28 miles away at 140 degrees which is pretty close to 180 degrees from the main group of stations near Walker. Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky this time. I couldn't reliably get KWKB. It was interesting though that I could receive a good signal from KIIN (PBS 12) which is located near KWKB. But that didn't excite me because I already could get KRIN (PBS 32) in the northerly direction where the other major stations are located.

Now to my recent surprise. I've had the outdoor antenna up for a couple of years. I had never been able to get KWKB (20) reliably. But, I have noticed within the last week or so that KWKB now comes in great. I don't know if they increased the power of the station or if it's just atmospheric changes. My DVR+ reports signal strength of the station of about 67 percent and signal quality at a rock solid 100%. Those numbers provide a high quality picture with no dropouts or pixelation.

The antenna I installed was the Channel Master CM4228HD Extremetenna 80.

Last edited by Cyclnz; 06-02-2017 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Correct spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page