AVS Forum banner

New York, NY - Verizon

154K views 1K replies 196 participants last post by  dtv757 
#1 ·
Verizon announced FiOS TV availability for Nyack and South Nyack, NY

This marks the second and third communities, in addition to Massapequa Park, where the service is available.

Broadcast HD channels: CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, WB, UPN, PBS

National HD: TNT, ESPN, ESPN2, NFL, HDNet, Universal, Discovery, WealthTV, MTV

Premium: HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, TMC, Starz

1-877-434-6788 or www.verizon.net/fiostv for more info

#5 ·
My Father in law works for Verizon, here in NJ. He was tryin to convince me not to Dump my DSL for cable. He said FIOS will be in many tristate areas including Northern NJ within 6 months. Now he is a higher up in the company, but not related to the FIOS part of teh company, so take tehse words with a grain of salt.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisoner655321 /forum/post/0

My Father in law works for Verizon, here in NJ. He was tryin to convince me not to Dump my DSL for cable. He said FIOS will be in many tristate areas including Northern NJ within 6 months. Now he is a higher up in the company, but not related to the FIOS part of teh company, so take tehse words with a grain of salt.

ask him when he thinks Manhattan will get this special treatment.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisoner655321 /forum/post/0

There has been a lot of Verizon trucks in the West Orange-Livingston area(Northfield Rd.-Mt.Pleasant Ave.) putting up new cables.

#8 ·
I sent a email to an executive in Verizon asking about Fios, apperently he thought I was somebody else within the Company. A MUST READ

My Email:

"Mr. Pizzirani, can you tell me when Fios will be available in Manhattan?

07, 08?"

thank you, Andy

Email Routed:

"Andy,

John Schommer on my time can provide you more insight.

Thanks, Chris

John,

Please respond to Andy's question. Thanks, Chris"

Response:

"Andy,

I assume that you are the Andy ******* (NY Field Tech). As I wouldn't want

to share this information externally just yet.

We are in Manhattan today, but only in a few locations where MDU

renovations have taken place (still considered a Greenfield). The biggest

issues with Manhattan are 1) permitting, and 2) TV franchising. We

anticipate the Video franchising sometime in mid 2008 - therefore you won't

see a large scale build in Manhattan until late 2007 or early 2008. Of

course, competitive market changes could also expedite these decisions and

deployments.

Note: These are not committed timeframes and should no be shared outside of

the company."

John R. Schommer

-

-

-

their u have it folks, ETA 2 years

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHDTV /forum/post/0

"Andy,

I assume that you are the Andy ******* (NY Field Tech). As I wouldn't want

to share this information externally just yet.

Great job Andy, I had a 180 spin of emotion- laughed at first and then woke up to the realization of no FIOS option for quite some time.

If you should continue to pursue information, ask about the Boroughs- Queens.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross /forum/post/0

I thought the time was ripe for a FIOS thread for the N.Y. Metro area. Please post any issues or observations from your FIOS TV experience.

I got mine installed this past Friday and it's the best PQ I've ever seen from any provider.

Ken, The real question is have they enabled the firewire ports and what is the 5c status if any?

#15 ·
Yesterday, a big juicy packet of FIOS info was stuck on the bulleti board of my co-op building addressed "Attention Co-Op President". It was a letter requesting permission for Verizon FIOS hardware to be installed in the basement, complete with photos of what the setup would look like and details of what FIOS would provide. It was all written in a weird combination of legalese and technical jargon, but it really got me excited about the prospect that FIOS might be right around the corner here in Manhattan (I live on 11th St between Ave A and Ave B). I just ran down to the lobby to see if the packet was still there so I could xerox it before making sure it got to the prez, but now it's gone. I'm gonna email him to make sure he got it, and despite not being on the board I hope to volunteer to help make this happen if there's any chance it can happen soon...

#21 ·
"Cable companies say that figure is exaggerated, and they call Verizon's television service a me-too product.

There's really no reason why anyone would want to switch from our service to theirs, said Tom Rutledge, the chief operating officer at Cablevision, which competes with Verizon in the New York area."

I'll tell you this, if the cable companies 'really' believe this, then Verizon will surely succeed! Oh, and it doesn't explain why Cablevision was handing out coupons for free doughnuts in front of my local Dunkin Doughnuts! Does that sound like a company not concerned?

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross /forum/post/0

"Cable companies say that figure is exaggerated, and they call Verizon's television service a me-too product.

There's really no reason why anyone would want to switch from our service to theirs, said Tom Rutledge, the chief operating officer at Cablevision, which competes with Verizon in the New York area."

I'll tell you this, if the cable companies 'really' believe this, then Verizon will surely succeed! Oh, and it doesn't explain why Cablevision was handing out coupons for free doughnuts in front of my local Dunkin Doughnuts! Does that sound like a company not concerned?

Wouldn't wast any money on an Verizon product!!! IMHO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.