AVS Forum banner

Denver, CO - OTA

993K views 9K replies 461 participants last post by  KyL416 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Time to restart the pool. My entry

KTVD and KCNC go live on July 4, 2008

KUSA and KMGH go live on the Monday after the Super Bowl, 2009.

#5 ·
I guess I will be the first to say it.

Part 4 already, one of the busiest threads on the AVS forum, and STILL NO FULL POWER OTA HD in Denver. Truly an amazing story.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMartinko /forum/post/0

I guess I will be the first to say it.

Part 4 already, one of the busiest threads on the AVS forum, and STILL NO FULL POWER OTA HD in Denver. Truly an amazing story.

Look what sCARE did! Caused part 5 of the Denver OTA thread. I say Mr. Bott should go after 'em for this travesty, with the massive clout that he has.

Hey, let us all know what happens when that tower lights up. Maybe we could have an AVSForum party at the foot of the tower. I betcha some people would fly in for that!

#7 ·
What's even more disgusting than part IV is that "part 1" started after David closed the original thread which did not have a "part" in the name. This is really the 5th thread for this long and mostly pathetic story. Hail to Mark in Ft Collins for starting the original thread!

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebenste /forum/post/0

Look what sCARE did! Caused part 4 of the Denver OTA thread. I say Mr. Bott should go after 'em for this travesty, with the massive clout that he has.

Hey, let us all know what happens when that tower lights up. Maybe we could have an AVSForum party at the foot of the tower. I betcha some people would fly in for that!

We actually did that a few years ago when the first 'approval' was given by Jeffco. The LCG stations sponsored a barbeque at the base of the largest (KCNC) tower which sits just a few feet above the location for the new 'Super Tower". (S)CARE took that decision back to court and gummed up the works for another two years until Congress jumped in. I suspect there will likely actually be such a party again at some point during construction.

#9 ·
No offense to David or any of the other Mods, but how exactly do you keep "politics" out of this thread?

If it wasn't for "politics" on the local level we would have all been enjoying full power DTV from Lookout Mtn a long long time ago.

Furthermore, if it were not for "politics" on the Federal level we would presently not be seeing the first signs of construction on Lookout Mtn now. Without this intervention I doubt we would have even seen it in 02/2009!

I agree that political discussions in general should not be a part of this incredibly long thread, but in essence, "politics" and "political agendas" are what caused this huge mess in the first place.

Hopefully that is all behind us now.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof /forum/post/0

What's even more disgusting than part IV is that "part 1" started after David closed the original thread which did not have a "part" in the name. This is really the 5th thread for this long and mostly pathetic story. Hail to Mark in Ft Collins for starting the original thread!

Great point, I had forgotten about that first thread. I wonder if we hold the record for the most views (adding up all the threads) of any thread in the AVS forum?

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMartinko /forum/post/0

We actually did that a few years ago when the first 'approval' was given by Jeffco. The LCG stations sponsored a barbeque at the base of the largest (KCNC) tower which sits just a few feet above the location for the new 'Super Tower". (S)CARE took that decision back to court and gummed up the works for another two years until Congress jumped in. I suspect there will likely actually be such a party again at some point during construction.

Make that three years.

#12 ·
My LCG on-air date guess is: 7/22/08

5 years after the Jeffco Commissioners 3-0 vote of approval.

LCG has said they will have a BBQ to celebrate. Just a bit too cold for some (not me) to have it right now.

#15 ·
Just got back from Hawaii and took the attached picture of the Waikiki skyline. The two towers on the building on the left side of the picture are KHON TV and, I presume, several others since a search of the FCC data base shows KHON, KITV, KGMB, KHET, KHNL, KHWE and KBFD all transmitting from downtown Honolulu. You can see two other towers, one red and white, on the right hand side of the picture, and another one just to the left of the wires hanging from the construction crane. There are two others in the picture, but I had to downrez it meet the size limitations of AVs in order to post it so they don't show up.

I'd advise Deb to stay away from Waikiki since it is evident that she would probably get sick from RF when laying on the beach. I also thought my tan might be from RF but it's going away, so it must have been from the sun.

Since we have a new thread, for the record I'll repost my LCG on-air office pool date as May 21, 2008.

IMG_1174.zip 133.947265625k . file

Attachments

#16 ·
Gonna miss the ol' thread...but looking forward to summer '08! A construction schedule of 15-18 months from now is reasonable for all of the work that has to be done. Hopefully, though, there will be more than a big hole in the ground come springtime when we can all get together again for a BBQ!

#18 ·
New thread, new guess: July 29, 2008 (my birthday - kind of similar to my original guess [after the original BCC approval] of July 29, 2006. Only much much later.)

#26 ·
Pretty easy to keep track. They are all on the first page of the thread! Let's just hope there's not another 500 pages and a new thread before the tower is finished!