AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballcards View Post

And here.

Then, I guess FSN did make the change, This was updated 1 day ago, and it is no longer listed in HD on the Dish EPG.

What made me look, was when Dan made no reference to it being an HD broadcast when plugging their next telecast. Guess we'll see tomorrow, but I'm fairly certain it is going to be SD only.

EDIT: The change is a result of the 4/13 rain-out. I also added some games picked-up by ESPN. FSNMW-HD is now 38....we got an extra HD game out of the rain-out

EDITED LINK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3152 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

There's an interview with a former in-the-trenches Charter customer service rep in today's Savvy Consumer column in the Post-Dispatch. I found this segment of the story telling:
____________________________________________________________ _________

"We had nothing in our system that told us anything about where Charter's technicians were," Gates says.

So what do call center reps tell callers?

"We lie to them," Gates says. "We tell them, 'Absolutely, the technician will be there.' "

Customers who persist are given another Charter phone number to call, Gates says.

Many of those customers call back to say that second number didn't work.

Gates says reps at the call center know that might happen. "The number doesn't work half the time," she says.
____________________________________________________________ _________

To read the complete story, click here

Doug

Clearly Resolved Image & Sound
Lion AV Consultants
ISF & THX Video Calibration
Real-time Twitter Home Theater News
post #3153 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcfila View Post

I had a few "breakups" on my moxi with Charter. Sound would go away for about a second then come back. It happened 3 or 4 times.

I had the same problem with Lost... 3 or 4 times... latter half of the show. I am using an LG 3200 receiver for OTA reception. I have never noticed any consistent problems with ABC - OTA before.

Best
Dave
post #3154 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duihlein View Post

I need to have some repair work done to a Hitachi RPTV. It appears the convergence circuits are burnt. I know Schillers(SP?) is highly recommended for Samsung. Can anyone suggest a place for Hitachi?
Thanks

Dave

If it's on older, SD model you now have the perfect excuse to move up to HD. Hitachi's were notorious for having their comb filters go bad over time. This is usually a separate, circuit board encased in metal. Surface-mount capacitors literally leak and/or dry up. This causes the convergence to go bye-bye and replacements are simply unavailable.

I went thru this agony a few years ago.
post #3155 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_STLMO View Post

I had the same problem with Lost... 3 or 4 times... latter half of the show. I am using an LG 3200 receiver for OTA reception. I have never noticed any consistent problems with ABC - OTA before.

Similar problems watching on ABC on Charter with S3 Tivo. Have not experienced before while previously watching OTA. Also had a number of audio problems during Grey's Anatomy last night. Almost the entire 2nd half of the show had issues. Different from previous clicking noises heard before, this time just a lot of dropped audio with garbled sound.
post #3156 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRacer View Post

I made a change to a setting in the encoder. Now I need to see if this works for all "low end" receivers or if it affects other receivers in any way.
Jim

Had some audio issues on Ugly Betty last night. Sound would drop out at times and at other times would get a loud "ticking" noise over the audio. I'm using D* HR20 receiver and watching D* MPEG4 signal. This isn't the first/only time I have had this happen. Only seems to occur on Channel 30.
post #3157 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrpj View Post

Similar problems watching on ABC on Charter with S3 Tivo. Have not experienced before while previously watching OTA. Also had a number of audio problems during Grey's Anatomy last night. Almost the entire 2nd half of the show had issues. Different from previous clicking noises heard before, this time just a lot of dropped audio with garbled sound.

Same here with D*. Recorded from OTA on HR10-250. It was though the audio was sped up in places. Lost was fine. Grey's Anatomy was awful. I have not had any problems with either before except for the clicking on Lost one time.

Vizio M602i-B3
post #3158 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duihlein View Post

I need to have some repair work done to a Hitachi RPTV. It appears the convergence circuits are burnt. I know Schillers(SP?) is highly recommended for Samsung. Can anyone suggest a place for Hitachi?
Thanks

Dave

It's Schneider TV. I would call them. I know they work on many different models. My guess is they are authorized to work on Hitachi sets. If not, they can refer you.

Schneider TV & Video
(314) 993-0707
8531 Olive Blvd
St Louis, MO

Vizio M602i-B3
post #3159 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL View Post

Same here with D*. Recorded from OTA on HR10-250. It was though the audio was sped up in places. Lost was fine. Grey's Anatomy was awful. I have not had any problems with either before except for the clicking on Lost one time.

Same here on Grey's Anatomy last night. The sound was at times as if they were speaking under water. I've never heard sound like that before. WTF

Scott
post #3160 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 05:18 PM

Ugh, Cardinals are not on FoxHD tonight. Apparently a couple of slightly conflicting schedules posted on here awhile back, first one had tonight-Monday all HD. I didn't notice the discrepancies between the two lists. No HD tonight or Monday night.
post #3161 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 05:30 PM

The schedule I clipped out of the Post said it was HD tonight and the TV guide on 792 on Charter says MLB also but all I'm getting is a colored test pattern. At least Reyes made it throught the first inning without giving up a ton of runs.
Cubs vs Cards...it doesn't get any better.
post #3162 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLBluesFan View Post

Ugh, Cardinals are not on FoxHD tonight. Apparently a couple of slightly conflicting schedules posted on here awhile back, first one had tonight-Monday all HD. I didn't notice the discrepancies between the two lists. No HD tonight or Monday night.

We discussed this last night....just 10 posts up...#3151.

For those without scroll bars, the rain-out of 4/13 caused the schedule change in HD coverage. We actually get an extra HD game, as the makeup double-header was an already scheduled HD broadcast, so will the 2nd game be as well.

The link on here has been edited, and is accurate, as of 4/26, based on the information provided by the broadcasters.
EDITED LINK ....again.
post #3163 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWSHER View Post

At least Reyes made it throught the first inning without giving up a ton of runs.
Cubs vs Cards...it doesn't get any better.

Please be kind enough to not discuss current events.....many people watch either from recordings, or delayed...thanks
post #3164 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdg454 View Post

Please be kind enough to not discuss current events.....many people watch either from recordings, or delayed...thanks

Not to mention its a TV forum, not a baseball forum *YAWN*

Now if we can talk about the Stanley Cup playoffs ........

*YEA!*
post #3165 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 07:04 PM

post #3166 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think that's a tough one to expect a high degree of compliance on. But for the fun of it, what would you consider to be a "spoiler"?

Seriously, I think those who know won't gratuitously bust a reasonable embargo, but I think the fundamental challenge is the fact that we're so regularly off-topic here.

You lookin' at me?

Doug

Lion AV Consultants
post #3167 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Sorry I had planned to watch it live....then...and then,....well....didn't mean to vent it here. Gunna start watching now

And Hey, they did the Blues HD schedule on here....can't help it that nobody watched the games

If these broadcasters would just do all the games in HD, it would save a bunch of people a lot of time!
post #3168 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptheRemote View Post

I think that's a tough one to expect a high degree of compliance on. But for the fun of it, what would you consider to be a "spoiler"?

Seriously, I think those who know won't gratuitously bust a reasonable embargo, but I think the fundamental challenge is the fact that we're so regularly off-topic here.

You lookin' at me?

Well....for me, personally, my primary interest in today's game is the 1st and 2nd innings....on both sides....which I'm now going to watch...so shush

And, yes, I'm still focused on the Kennedy thing
post #3169 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

I finally get to go to my first Cardinal game in the new stadium tomorrow. I'm looking forward to finally getting to see the new park.

Scott
post #3170 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Tucker View Post

I finally get to go to my first Cardinal game in the new stadium tomorrow. I'm looking forward to finally getting to see the new park.

Scott

I still haven't gone, but I just haven't been into baseball lately. I have yet to sit down and watch a complete game this season. Seems I always have something on the DVR I'd rather see.
post #3171 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 08:06 PM

Been to the new park a few times. I have a connection so all but one time have sat in box seats. One time right behind the cards dugout and last Tuesday 12Th row, behind the red's dugout. That was a really good game that night. Cards won. By the way saw the last game in old Sportsman Park, First Game and Last Game in Bush.

StLouG
post #3172 of 13031 Old 04-27-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL View Post

Friday's replay of Grey's Anatomy didn't have the sound problems from Thursday's broadcast. Is the problem on a national level or is it KDNL's fault?
post #3173 of 13031 Old 04-28-2007, 05:05 AM

Hey guys,

I know this might not be the right place for this question, but I trust the people here and know I can get good feedback here. I am possibly looking for a TV for our guest bedroom. The one in there currently is an old Sansui brand TV and it is about a 20 in. screen. Obviously it is HUGE as far as the amount of room it takes up sitting on the dresser. I am wondering if anyone has an opinion on what I should be buying if I am looking for an SD set in the 20 in. range that won't look like an elephant sitting on the dresser. Thanks in advance.

I can't think of a signature that wouldn't offend at least someone.
post #3174 of 13031 Old 04-28-2007, 05:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces View Post

Hey guys,

I know this might not be the right place for this question, but I trust the people here and know I can get good feedback here. I am possibly looking for a TV for our guest bedroom. The one in there currently is an old Sansui brand TV and it is about a 20 in. screen. Obviously it is HUGE as far as the amount of room it takes up sitting on the dresser. I am wondering if anyone has an opinion on what I should be buying if I am looking for an SD set in the 20 in. range that won't look like an elephant sitting on the dresser. Thanks in advance.

For only a couple of hundred more, I'd look at a 27" Syntax LCD or other off brand. I've even seen a 32" for under $500.
post #3175 of 13031 Old 04-28-2007, 05:40 AM

I'm not tied to the 20" screen, but can't go too big I would have to measure the space on the dresser. So are you saying these are HD? Should I not even be looking at SD?

post #3176 of 13031 Old 04-28-2007, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

deuces,

As you know, LCD is not my first choice for a primary/critical viewing display, but I think these panels are PERFECT as secondary TVs for casual viewing in a bedroom, study, kitchen or (even) a bathroom.

Since this guest bedroom TV is more for convenience/courtesy than anything else, I'd look at some of the 20-inch widescreen computer monitors -- if you look hard enough, you can find decent ones for around $200. In going widescreen, you might want to go to a larger size, so there's a trade-off to consider in terms of size vs. cost.

Note that most LCDs intended as computer monitors will normally be limited to VGA/RGB in terms of analog sources, so they will work best with a source that is DVI-capable. Also, if you go the computer monitor route, make sure the display has speakers and inputs for stereo audio.

Doug

Lion AV Consultants
post #3177 of 13031 Old 04-28-2007, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptheRemote View Post

deuces,

As you know, LCD is not my first choice for a primary/critical viewing display, but I think these panels are PERFECT as secondary TVs for casual viewing in a bedroom, study, kitchen or (even) a bathroom.

Since this guest bedroom TV is more for convenience/courtesy than anything else, I'd look at some of the 20-inch widescreen computer monitors -- if you look hard enough, you can find decent ones for around $200. In going widescreen, you might want to go to a larger size, so there's a trade-off to consider in terms of size vs. cost.

Note that most LCDs intended as computer monitors will normally be limited to VGA/RGB in terms of analog sources, so they will work best with a source that is DVI-capable. Also, if you go the computer monitor route, make sure the display has speakers and inputs for stereo audio.

Thanks, unfortunately the only thing coming from the source is RG6, because I am mirroring another TV. So my RG6 run is about 75'.

If I get a widescreen LCD and only feed SD to it at this time I don't have to worry about burn in with it correct? Even if I view SD with black bars?

post #3178 of 13031 Old 04-28-2007, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks, unfortunately the only thing coming from the source is RG6, because I am mirroring another TV. So my RG6 run is about 75'.

If I get a widescreen LCD and only feed SD to it at this time I don't have to worry about burn in with it correct? Even if I view SD with black bars?

My MIL brought her own TV with her
post #3179 of 13031 Old 04-28-2007, 11:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:

Burn in won't be a problem with an LCD.

Joe Clark

post #3180 of 13031 Old 04-28-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:

My MIL brought her own TV with her

Well can we borrow her TV?

We are possibly looking at Tuesday, so you may not see me much after that, lol.

I guess we don't get HD priority for the game again this Saturday huh?

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page