post #13141 of 13143 Old 02-19-2015, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by moman19 View Post
I don't have the D* option of selecting distant markets for guide data either.
The reason why they are doing this is NOT so much for guide data, but to even allow the D* receiver/OTA tuner to even display those subchannels AT ALL. Unlike E* receivers that allow OTA scanning, D* receivers do NOT allow this; you ONLY get the subchannels that D* has decided to put in their OTA database - hence why these folks have to resort to selecting other markets to allow the tuner to pickup & display these subchannels.

At one time, the HR34 Genie DID allow OTA scanning; they later removed this feature on a software "upgrade" - idiots!

Sorry, but I MUCH prefer E* allowing scanning & displaying ALL your local channels, w/out having to resort to finagling the guide w/distant market (zip codes) to make it work. AND, you can at least set manual timers on the channels w/no EPG data.

BUT to turl's point, if E* is NOT going to keep the EPG updated with the proper subchannel guide info, then they should allow the receiver to default to PSIP data instead.

Last edited by dishrich; 02-19-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13142 of 13143 Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 21
What's up with 30-3 Grit TV? Looks like they're broadcasting in the usual 4x3, but chopping off the top and bottom of the picture to make a "16x9" broadcast. The ratings logos and the Grit​ logos are off. WAY off. Very distracting.

Figured when I went out of town for a week to visit my parents, it'd be fixed when I got back. But it's not. Wonder if this going to be fixed soon (now not holding my breath)?

BTW, I tried posting this on KDNL's Facebook page (KDNL ABC St. Louis), but their "posts to page" never actually appear. They just apparently go straight to the trash can.

Bob Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis
post #13143 of 13143 Unread Today, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Apparently KDNL gets the message even though it never appears on their Facebook page. They replied:

"According to our engineers, GritTV is sending us their signal this way. Our corporate liaisons have been in touch with them."

So I went to Grit's Facebook page and asked the same question. Will post back when I get an answer.

Bob Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page