Boston, MA - Comcast - Page 287 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 

post #8581 of 8585 Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
Is WHDH ch 807 severely out of sync for anyone else here? I had to add a +140ms lip sync delay through my receiver last night to watch Hairspray live properly. This is the only channel that appears so out of sync. Other channels do seem slightly out of sync but nothing like 807.

I can't tell if it's the X1 box, the WHDH source signal, or if Comcast is mucking around with the signal as revenge for the whole NBC fiasco.
Same here, and I'm not on a Comcast box...I have a TiVO Roamio. Several friends of mine with TiVO (and without) called last night with the same problem. Just the beginning of the NBC-change fiasco, I suspect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8582 of 8585 Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybucket View Post
Same here, and I'm not on a Comcast box...I have a TiVO Roamio. Several friends of mine with TiVO (and without) called last night with the same problem. Just the beginning of the NBC-change fiasco, I suspect.
It's out of sync on Comcast boxes on both ch 807 and the SD ch 7.
The over-the-air signal is slightly out of sync too, but nowhere near as much as on cable.
post #8583 of 8585 Old Today, 03:51 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I severely doubt that the lip sync issues on a national televised live broadcast had anything to do with a local NBC rights owner's dispute. I too noticed that there were audio / video sync issues, which I also noticed on WCSH, NBC Ch. 6 out Maine, which I get, in addition to WHDH, on my Comcast system. I'm sure it was a technical issue associated with the live broadcast and / or satellite uplink and had nothing to do with X1, Comcast, WHDH or NBC Boston, which isn't even broadcasting NBC yet.
post #8584 of 8585 Old Today, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmcn View Post
I severely doubt that the lip sync issues on a national televised live broadcast had anything to do with a local NBC rights owner's dispute. I too noticed that there were audio / video sync issues, which I also noticed on WCSH, NBC Ch. 6 out Maine, which I get, in addition to WHDH, on my Comcast system. I'm sure it was a technical issue associated with the live broadcast and / or satellite uplink and had nothing to do with X1, Comcast, WHDH or NBC Boston, which isn't even broadcasting NBC yet.
On WHDH, NBC news programs are slightly out of sync but Hairspray was unwatchable. I looked on Twitter, AVS and searched google but found no other mention of the severeness out of sync so I thought it was simply a WHDH issue.

I'll try to catch a local WHDH news broadcast to check the sync on that.

I did watch a few clips of Hairspray on Hulu and it was correctly synced. It still had the same mic dropouts in the opening song as the broadcast did.

LG 55EG9100 | Onkyo TX-NR646 5.1.2 | Polk Audio Monitor70 Series II Floorstanding Fronts | CS2 Series Center | Monitor40 Series II Bookshelf Rears | Onkyo SKH-410 | eD A2-300

LG 60PK550 | Samsung LN-S4095D

Collection: Blu-ray
post #8585 of 8585 Old Today, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
On WHDH, NBC news programs are slightly out of sync but Hairspray was unwatchable. I looked on Twitter, AVS and searched google but found no other mention of the severeness out of sync so I thought it was simply a WHDH issue.

I'll try to catch a local WHDH news broadcast to check the sync on that.

I did watch a few clips of Hairspray on Hulu and it was correctly synced. It still had the same mic dropouts in the opening song as the broadcast did.
On the 11 PM news right now, it is way off on Comcast, though the over the air signal seems OK. This could be at WHDH or Comcast, since there is almost certainly a direct feed, and may just be an audio / video delay / sync adjustment was disturbed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception