Boston, MA - Comcast - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 8566 Old 09-01-2007, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the 3412 STB and used to have the 6412. I have had the freezing or queuing issue where the box won't respond to any input and then responds to all the commands at once. I searched AVS in general but there haven't been any recent posts on this issue, so are people just living with this issue? I run into this far too often and it is extremely annoying. I can't believe Motorola gets away with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 8566 Old 09-01-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdilliker View Post

I have the 3412 STB and used to have the 6412. I have had the freezing or queuing issue where the box won't respond to any input and then responds to all the commands at once. I searched AVS in general but there haven't been any recent posts on this issue, so are people just living with this issue? I run into this far too often and it is extremely annoying. I can't believe Motorola gets away with this.

If it does it every now or then, then this is normal. If it does this frequently then I would say it has an issue. Try re-booting and see if this helps, if not I would swap it out for another box. I have had 4 different STB's and all have exihibited this behavior but never to a point where it becomes irritating and I can easily put up with it since it does not happen that often. I hope this helps.
post #1173 of 8566 Old 09-01-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodef View Post

If it does it every now or then, then this is normal. If it does this frequently then I would say it has an issue. Try re-booting and see if this helps, if not I would swap it out for another box. I have had 4 different STB's and all have exihibited this behavior but never to a point where it becomes irritating and I can easily put up with it since it does not happen that often. I hope this helps.

It does help, thanks . I suppose I may be overreacting but it happens at the worst times, like when I accidentally switch channels at the worst times and can't change the channel back. It is still disappointing that it happens at all so many years after the issue became known.
post #1174 of 8566 Old 09-02-2007, 07:52 AM

Liked: 11
That indicates to me that the problem is in hardware, and so you'll see it remedied when Motorola substantially redesigns its DVR hardware. (The DCH-series is NOT a substantial redesign.)
post #1175 of 8566 Old 09-03-2007, 11:41 AM

Maybe someone can answer this... why is Comcast's feed perpetually 2-3 seconds behind Charter's? This applies to both standard as well as high definition, and was rather noticeable when I was conversing with someone that has Charter during Clay Buchholz's no-hitter on Saturday night.

If this were just relegated to NESN, I could understand. But, the same thing occurs when watching YES, USA, NBC, etc...
post #1176 of 8566 Old 09-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Advanced Member

TBS-HD is now on. TBS will be carrying the ALDS. Hope that Comcast will have TBS-HD up and running by 10/1 for the Sox games . It looks very good for the Sox being in the playoffs
post #1177 of 8566 Old 09-04-2007, 09:44 AM

does anyone know why comcast doesn't broadcast channel 7 in hd?
post #1178 of 8566 Old 09-04-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billd1530 View Post

does anyone know why comcast doesn't broadcast channel 7 in hd?

I get Channel 7 in HD. I believe only the national network feed has content available in HD. No local shows/news.

I believe only Channel 5 has local news in HD.
post #1179 of 8566 Old 09-04-2007, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
maybe its me- but when I go into on demand and then premium channels- it seems that each premium channel (showtime, starz etc) all has its own section for HD on demand. I only subscribe to HBO-but nowhere do I see HD on demand for HBO! Am I missing something here-or is it located in another place? thanks
thetman
post #1180 of 8566 Old 09-04-2007, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetman View Post

maybe its me- but when I go into on demand and then premium channels- it seems thate ach premium channel (showtime, starz etc) all has its own section for HD on demand. I only subscribe to HBO-but nowhere do I see HD on demand for HBO! Am I missing something here-or is it located in another place? thanks
thetman

I believe there is currently no HD programming from HBO available on demand, they did have some a few months ago, but, nothing recently. Not sure what the reason is for this.
post #1181 of 8566 Old 09-04-2007, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
wow, that kinda sucks-might have to drop it for starz or something- they seem to have alot of decent movies in HD.
thetman
post #1182 of 8566 Old 09-04-2007, 04:06 PM

Anyone get their statement for September yet? Supposedly that is how they are going to communicate whether you have the ability ot upgrade to the Tivo service or not.
post #1183 of 8566 Old 09-04-2007, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Nothing in my statement.

What is happening is NH is running a beta test and we will get it in Oct or Nov.

I hope we get some more HD channels as well,especially channel 831!
post #1184 of 8566 Old 09-05-2007, 05:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
With College Football starting and the Celtics possibly not totally sucking this year, is there any sign of FSNE HD starting (852, I assume).
post #1185 of 8566 Old 09-05-2007, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSTNFAN View Post

With College Football starting and the Celtics possibly not totally sucking this year, is there any sign of FSNE HD starting (852, I assume).

FSN HD had 3 CFB games last saturday, not sure if FSN NE showed them, but most of the FSN HD network saw them.

It's time to give props to WLNS for the HD crawl generator!!!

Now we need WHTV to go HD and Lansing's CW to get a separate transmitter so it isn't a digital sub.
post #1186 of 8566 Old 09-05-2007, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefbal99 View Post

FSN HD had 3 CFB games last saturday, not sure if FSN NE showed them, but most of the FSN HD network saw them.

I'm sure FSNE showed the games, but just in SD here. We don't have a HD channel for FSNE yet.

To me, FSNE HD has to be up and running by the start of the Celtics season (if not preseason). Especially with Comcast owning the channel now and with the completely revamped Celtics team, it will be a huge marketing opportunity lost if they don't do it.
post #1187 of 8566 Old 09-05-2007, 06:13 AM

directv's new hd channels will include fsne which i believe will be airing sometime in october. i may be switching back to directv soon as they have offered me a free high def dvr receiver/dish and will soon have a lot more high def channels than comcast.

ps-i still do not receive channel 807 (boston nbc high def). i checked the channel lineup and it doesn't appear at all on my guide or when i check the comcast website. anyone else with this problem?
post #1188 of 8566 Old 09-05-2007, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITForensics View Post

Maybe someone can answer this... why is Comcast's feed perpetually 2-3 seconds behind Charter's? This applies to both standard as well as high definition, and was rather noticeable when I was conversing with someone that has Charter during Clay Buchholz's no-hitter on Saturday night.

If this were just relegated to NESN, I could understand. But, the same thing occurs when watching YES, USA, NBC, etc...

If you're watching a DVR and your Charter friend is not, there's your answer.

"If you're not passing anyone, get the hell out of the passing lane!"
post #1189 of 8566 Old 09-05-2007, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgeleven View Post

I'm sure FSNE showed the games, but just in SD here. We don't have a HD channel for FSNE yet.

To me, FSNE HD has to be up and running by the start of the Celtics season (if not preseason). Especially with Comcast owning the channel now and with the completely revamped Celtics team, it will be a huge marketing opportunity lost if they don't do it.

FSNE HD HAS been "up and running" for a long while... just not on Comcast systems. We former Adelphia customers have had the channel for a long while now. Comcast just needs to light it up on the rest of their systems.

Up until now, the channel has been a massive waste of bandwidth. They'd show Celtics games, perhaps another show or two per day, and that's it. No simulcast of SD material. The rest of the time the channel displayed a bouncing logo. So, you'd maybe get 10-15 hours of content a week during the Celtics season, and the rest of the time you'd get the logo. Yawn.

Now that the Celts are predicted to be a contender, I wouldn't be surprised to see Comcast get their collective act together and turn it up on the rest of their systems ASAP.
post #1190 of 8566 Old 09-05-2007, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by billd1530 View Post

directv's new hd channels will include fsne which i believe will be airing sometime in october. i may be switching back to directv soon as they have offered me a free high def dvr receiver/dish and will soon have a lot more high def channels than comcast.

ps-i still do not receive channel 807 (boston nbc high def). i checked the channel lineup and it doesn't appear at all on my guide or when i check the comcast website. anyone else with this problem?

What part of MA areyou in, becasue some areas don't recieve NBC in HD due to not being in the Boston DMA. You might be in the Providence DMA so your getting 810 instead of 807.
post #1191 of 8566 Old 09-05-2007, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgeleven View Post

Ya'll don't have a dedicated FSN channel? My bad, i coulda swore ya did. Sorry, hope when they relaunch FSN NE as CSN NE, that you get a full time slot.

It's time to give props to WLNS for the HD crawl generator!!!

Now we need WHTV to go HD and Lansing's CW to get a separate transmitter so it isn't a digital sub.
post #1192 of 8566 Old 09-05-2007, 08:10 AM

i live in south easton. i do receive channels 4 (cbs) and 5 (abc) in high def, and channel 10-providence (nbc) which is weird. too bad you can't change your service address like i did for directv to get all of the boston channels.
post #1193 of 8566 Old 09-05-2007, 08:15 AM

Comcast doesn't have a dedicated FSNE HD channel. Any Celtics games in HD (which last year were just home games) are shown on Mojo (channel 881).

I didn't know that former Adelphia have FSNE HD. I just assumed the channel didn't exist. Well, I guess for the most part it doesn't exist anyway since it isn't a simulcast of the SD content.

I can't imagine Comcast would do that again this year. FSNE HD has to be on their system with a full lineup of programming by the time the Celtics start. It is the perfect time to rebrand the channel to Comcast Sports New England or whatever they call it and really push the HD angle.

I hope they also do road games in HD this year. Basketball is one of those sports that really looks good in HD.
post #1194 of 8566 Old 09-05-2007, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sox winning and Yankees losing

Meanwhile I can't get any NFL Network on demand stuff and I DO GET SnE!
post #1195 of 8566 Old 09-05-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitchatjf View Post

Sox winning and Yankees losing

Come on chitchat, you know better than to tempt the fates like that.... um, although 'Tek hit a 2-run dinger as I typed this, so perhaps you've got some superfast feed that shows the game an hour earlier than it's actually being played?
post #1196 of 8566 Old 09-05-2007, 07:56 PM

Oh crap, now look what I've started.... Jays tie it with a Glaus homer in the 8th off Delcarmen. grrrr...
post #1197 of 8566 Old 09-06-2007, 05:22 AM

as good old Yogi Berra said, "It ain't over till it's over"
post #1198 of 8566 Old 09-06-2007, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker1 View Post

That indicates to me that the problem is in hardware, and so you'll see it remedied when Motorola substantially redesigns its DVR hardware. (The DCH-series is NOT a substantial redesign.)

It's not a hardware issue its a software issue, the RCN software'd boxes I've used have not exhibited the problem. I'm hoping the Tivo software doesn't have the issue.
post #1199 of 8566 Old 09-06-2007, 05:51 PM

Any idea if i could get the Boston HD locals on Directv in the Northern Virginia area with a "service address change"?
post #1200 of 8566 Old 09-06-2007, 09:20 PM

i think that you should be able to get the boston hd local channels with a service change address. i have heard of a few people who winter in florida who arrange to do that every six months.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page