San Francisco, CA - Comcast - Page 510 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #15271 of 15281 Old 08-14-2014, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Angry No more AXSTV on Comcast?

I got a message on my Tivo this morning that AXSTV has been deleted by Comcast. Anyone know anything about this?

I'm in Santa Rosa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15272 of 15281 Old 08-14-2014, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdguyjt View Post
I got a message on my Tivo this morning that AXSTV has been deleted by Comcast. Anyone know anything about this?

I'm in Santa Rosa.
I got the same yesterday on my TiVo in San Francisco. The programming info has been replaced with Bloomberg TV (moved from 763), but channel 764 still has the AXS content. Disney XD info has moved from 765 to 763. The channels themself are still as they were (763=Bloomberg, 764=AXS, 765=DisneyXD). The Comcast website does not list either one of those three stations in their lineup info. The Comcast set top box is still listing the info in the old locations, matching the channels.

Not sure what is going on, since Comcast just announced they will bring the UK version of the X-Factor to AXS. Strange promotion.
post #15273 of 15281 Old 08-15-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabaeus View Post
I got the same yesterday on my TiVo in San Francisco. The programming info has been replaced with Bloomberg TV (moved from 763), but channel 764 still has the AXS content. Disney XD info has moved from 765 to 763. The channels themself are still as they were (763=Bloomberg, 764=AXS, 765=DisneyXD). The Comcast website does not list either one of those three stations in their lineup info. The Comcast set top box is still listing the info in the old locations, matching the channels.

Not sure what is going on, since Comcast just announced they will bring the UK version of the X-Factor to AXS. Strange promotion.
I emailed Tivo this morning...I'll post if I get any response.
post #15274 of 15281 Old 08-17-2014, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdguyjt View Post
I emailed Tivo this morning...I'll post if I get any response.
Thank you, seems to have worked. The change was reversed last night on my TiVo. Must have been a mistake.

I had also alerted AXS to the problem, though their web interface does not allow to specify any details about the issue.
post #15275 of 15281 Old 08-17-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabaeus View Post
Thank you, seems to have worked. The change was reversed last night on my TiVo. Must have been a mistake.

I had also alerted AXS to the problem, though their web interface does not allow to specify any details about the issue.
Yup. Mine's all good too!
post #15276 of 15281 Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Well, I'm a little slow on the uptake. I just noticed that Comcast has been billing me for two DTAs for the past few months. I keep meaning to set up my old TV in my office and use one of them there, so I guess I should return one and keep paying for the other? Or maybe I'll just go OTA in the office. It's been months since I got a new TV, and I still haven't set up the old one.
post #15277 of 15281 Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertime View Post
Well, I'm a little slow on the uptake. I just noticed that Comcast has been billing me for two DTAs for the past few months. I keep meaning to set up my old TV in my office and use one of them there, so I guess I should return one and keep paying for the other? Or maybe I'll just go OTA in the office. It's been months since I got a new TV, and I still haven't set up the old one.
I vote for take them back and go OTA + streaming. It's what I did to 2nd TV when the DTA charge started. Was amazed by the OTA pics - I am line of sight of Fremont Peak and Mt Toro.

OT - Charter in Gilroy/Watsonville just went all digital. Been darned busy.
post #15278 of 15281 Old Today, 08:49 AM

Thanks, Barovelli.

I managed to get a few months' credit for the DTAs and was told that the store could maybe give me more, so I'll check on that when I return them.

I also found out that there's a newer DOCSIS 3.0 modem available that I can swap for the one I have. The new one has an internal router. Should I go for that? I'm comfortable administering my old Linksys, such as adding more allowable device addresses when friends come to visit. Have you (or anyone else here) used the router in the Comcast modem, and if so, how do you like it?
post #15279 of 15281 Old Today, 09:22 AM
c3
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I also found out that there's a newer DOCSIS 3.0 modem available that I can swap for the one I have.

Why are you renting it? $8/month is too expensive.
post #15280 of 15281 Old Today, 12:03 PM

Inertia. I've thought about getting my own. Where's a good place to see reviews?
post #15281 of 15281 Old Today, 01:26 PM
c3
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Inertia. I've thought about getting my own. Where's a good place to see reviews?
Searching for "cable modem" at Amazon would give you the popular ones (Motorola). I have the Zoom 5341J which was recommended by at least a couple of people here. If you have the voice service, then your choices are more limited.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page