San Francisco, CA - Comcast - Page 514 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #15391 of 15400 Old 03-21-2015, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by slannes View Post
TCM HD channel 789 on Comcast audio out of sync with picture again last night. It was resolved a week or so ago for awhile (so could enjoy 'Ride the High Country' in HD). But, last night, ridiculously out of sync AGAIN (while watching Cyclops). I have not checked yet today but will tonight. Whatever, its is chronic problem that reoccurs too frequently so will just have to use 501 SD TCM.

Am I alone this time?

Thanks,

Stephen L
SL -`
You "might" be able to wath TCM by using its app and (if you have something like Chromecast and the right device to cast with) watch it on the big screen. We do that when in Oakland - because we just have basic cable here. Just tuned in to the current movie now and seems good. Doesn't always give excellent video like HBO Go and some others on Xfinity Go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15392 of 15400 Old 03-21-2015, 11:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 859 Post(s)
Liked: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by slannes View Post
TCM HD channel 789 on Comcast audio out of sync with picture again last night. It was resolved a week or so ago for awhile (so could enjoy 'Ride the High Country' in HD). But, last night, ridiculously out of sync AGAIN (while watching Cyclops). I have not checked yet today but will tonight. Whatever, its is chronic problem that reoccurs too frequently so will just have to use 501 SD TCM.

Am I alone this time?

Thanks,

Stephen L
I just watched about 20 mins of "Ciao! Manhattan" and it looks to be in-sync to me.
post #15393 of 15400 Old 03-22-2015, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
I just watched about 20 mins of "Ciao! Manhattan" and it looks to be in-sync to me.
Thanks. Was in sync last night for 'Lydia' and 'Enchantment' and is in sync now (Sunday morning).

Thanks again,

Stephen L
post #15394 of 15400 Old 03-22-2015, 11:38 AM

Thanks for suggestion.

Stephen L
post #15395 of 15400 Old 03-22-2015, 11:41 AM

Thanks for Chromecast suggestion,

Stephen L
post #15396 of 15400 Old 03-25-2015, 12:08 AM
c3
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
"Effective 3/31/2015, our Internet Pluspackage will no longer be available for new subscriptions. If yousubscribe to Internet Plus prior to this date, you will continue to receive this package until you make a change to your account or you receive further notice. Effective 4/1/2015, our new Internet Plus 25 package will be available. It is $67.95/mo, plus applicable fees and taxes."
post #15397 of 15400 Old 03-25-2015, 11:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3 View Post
"Effective 3/31/2015, our Internet Pluspackage will no longer be available for new subscriptions. If yousubscribe to Internet Plus prior to this date, you will continue to receive this package until you make a change to your account or you receive further notice. Effective 4/1/2015, our new Internet Plus 25 package will be available. It is $67.95/mo, plus applicable fees and taxes."
Sure glad we are one of the fortunate few to not have to use Comcast for internet. Our bldg. got service for all 44 units last Aug - $25/mo. for 100Mbps up and down. All units have the service and the HOA board just included it in the HOA dues. Our place in Miami is stuck w. having only Comcast.
post #15398 of 15400 Old 04-09-2015, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Aspect ratio problem with OnDemand

I watched the first episode of "Wolf Hall" when it was broadcast on Sunday, but a friend who watched it on Comcast OnDemand mentioned that the aspect ratio is all screwy. I just brought it up on OnDemand and saw what she meant: it's got huge black bars top and bottom and the image area is stretched horizontally. I played around with the AR settings on my TV, but to no avail. Does she need to complain to Comcast?
post #15399 of 15400 Unread Yesterday, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
X1 vs Moto DCX3400

I'm wondering about the current quality of the X1 box.

18 months ago, I signed up for Triple Play at my new residence, which gave me the X1 box. It was terrible. It was buggy to the point of being barely functional, and the picture quality was noticeably worse than the Moto DCX3400 box I had. So I went back to the Moto. Good thing that I still had yet to return it from my previous residence.

But now the Moto has been crapping out after 4 years (appeared brand new when I first got it). DVR rewinds and fast forwards are buggy. Picture quality is still great though. And I love having the native setting, which the X1 does not have. I really do notice a difference on 720P stations -- They look better on my 1080P Samsung HDTV when sent to the TV at 720P than 1080I.

Because the box has been bugging out of late (just the DVR), should I reconsider X1? Is picture quality good nowadays, at least on par with the Moto? I'm in Castro Valley, if it matters.

Last edited by KingsFan6; Yesterday at 11:23 PM.
post #15400 of 15400 Unread Today, 12:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 39
The picture quality of the X1 is great, but I have problems with response from the remote. You click and sometimes nothing happens for 5 to 10 seconds. If you click again it might then do two things right together. It can be quite irritating. You don't know if to wait or push the button again.

I've also had problems with white flashes going across the screen and the audio going out for a split second every once in a while. Resetting the DVR seems to fix problems, but after a day or two they come back.

It's still got a few bugs.

My complete SF Bay Area DTV Station Lists: http://www.choisser.com/sfonair.html
Lots of Broadcasting links and information: http://www.choisser.com/broadcast.html

Check out photos and info on my antennas: http://www. larrykenney.com/tvantennas.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page