San Francisco, CA - Comcast - Page 515 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #15421 of 15429 Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
That or supposedly asking to downgrade to a minimal TV plan while keeping Internet supposedly triggers offers or renews the promotional prices.
Unlike calls to downgrade in the past, we weren't offered any specials. We now have the plan (doesn't show on their site) above basic. We do have their DVR. Haven't needed their internet for a year since our bldg. HOA provides all units with 100Mbps up/down service for $25/mo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15422 of 15429 Old Today, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
Can get Jon Stewart via streaming, and MSNBC via Xfinity Go. - along with almost anything else. (We have an account via our HOA in Florida.) Can get the semi-functional Xfinity Go.
We have the package above limited basic which includes comedy central so you can watch Stewart.
post #15423 of 15429 Old Today, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 127
How much is that?
post #15424 of 15429 Old Today, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelFisch View Post
We have the package above limited basic which includes comedy central so you can watch Stewart.
You are right! Haven't watched since we switched last week since he's on hiatus I guess until 3rd week of July until final show 8/6.
I didn't see it on the list the Comcast finally referred me to that supposedly had ALL their diff. tiers. The list did show MSNBC

Only station I miss now is MSNBC. I can get that by Xfinity Go - but since I can't forward thru numerous ads might give up on that. Just leaves CNN for news. I create the maximum buffer and then FF thru ads when I watch. Actually started watching BBC World News on Xfinity Go. For the last year CNN has been a waste of time. They often cancel broad news coverage for days on end to do 24/7 on a plane crash in Asia, the shhoting in the South, etc. I'm a news junkie.
post #15425 of 15429 Old Today, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
How much is that?
I forget what I was quoted. Just know I'm saving about $150/yr. I know it's more than $50 but less than $60. $18 is for the DVR and I think $2+ for the HD mini "data box" in the bdrm. (Forget what that's called.
The next tier up from that has ESPN, which alone, I have read, costs cable companies $5+/mo. Only watch it a little during college football season -- and can watch their well executed streaming called "WatchESPN".
post #15426 of 15429 Old Today, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
Actually started watching BBC World News on Xfinity Go. For the last year CNN has been a waste of time.
I will have to check this xfinity go thing out. I assumed we would only get the channels you subscribed to on it.
post #15427 of 15429 Old Today, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Yeah I'd be surprised if you could watch ESPN on the Xfinity or Watch ESPN apps. with your Comcast login if you were not subscribed to a package which included ESPN.

BTW, ESPN is under pressure, losing subscribers and seeing rights fees for NBA and other sports leagues going up:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/espn-tig...vefyre-comment (just Google the headlines to read full article).
post #15428 of 15429 Old Today, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelFisch View Post
I will have to check this xfinity go thing out. I assumed we would only get the channels you subscribed to on it.
That is correct. The first time you log in, you get asked for your Comcast login ID info. In our case, we do have a sub-account via our HOA in Miami. It includes virtually everything - even, I think Spanish channels. ("Poor" refugees from SA etc.)

It would seem that this does (or will) include some account sharing - at least among family members. Using Chromecast, you are watching on your same, big, screen. HOWEVER, if you've become addicted to using a DVR for time shifting, FF, pausing etc. - Xfinity Go is a problem. I'm trying to deal with that.
Comcast only lets you put an account on temporary hold once a year. We are bi coastal and commute back and forth a few times a year. At least in Oakland our bldg has super speed internet for $25/mo - so we don't need CC for that.
post #15429 of 15429 Old Today, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yeah I'd be surprised if you could watch ESPN on the Xfinity or Watch ESPN apps. with your Comcast login if you were not subscribed to a package which included ESPN.

BTW, ESPN is under pressure, losing subscribers and seeing rights fees for NBA and other sports leagues going up:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/espn-tig...vefyre-comment (just Google the headlines to read full article).
Interesting. Article states that ESPN costs CC $6.81/mo. That's almost $84/yr. If Comcast would have that same pkg. w.o. ESPN, I would have kept it and CC would have had some additional revenue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception