San Francisco, CA - Comcast - Page 523 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 24Likes

post #15661 of 15662 Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post
Have any of you watched the latest episode of Mr. Robot? I was able to capture an A/V dropout around the 58-minute mark.

Here's a link to the .MOV file captured on my iPad. Turn up the volume so you can hear the audio dropout. The video dropout is obvious.

Would love to know whether anyone else in the Bay Area got the same dropout.
I watched the show that night but can't recall an audio drop/video glitch that blatant. It doesn't mean, however, that it didn't happen in my area (Vallejo).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15662 of 15662 Old Today, 02:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1912 Post(s)
Liked: 1596
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post
Have any of you watched the latest episode of Mr. Robot? I was able to capture an A/V dropout around the 58-minute mark.

Here's a link to the .MOV file captured on my iPad. Turn up the volume so you can hear the audio dropout. The video dropout is obvious.

Would love to know whether anyone else in the Bay Area got the same dropout.
Yes, I saw it. It looks to be an encoder/compression glitch by Comcast, probably done at their Colorado sat transmission facility. It appears to be 2 P frames.

(Video compression picture types)

At live speed it would not have looked as bad as that single frame capture, for me it was just some horizontal macroblocking lines across the middle of the image. And there was audio dropout as well.

This instance of video/audio dropout was not caused by our home equipment as far as I can tell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-08-29 13_49_04-VideoReDo - Mr. Robot - eps2.6succ3ss0r.p12 (08_24_2016)57.50.17.png
Views:	7
Size:	556.6 KB
ID:	1630057  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page