Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Dewster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post

122 miles, though it can be closer for existing allotments so long as an interference study proves that less than 0.5% interference will result.

Stations can also get interference waivers from stations involved. WWBT got one recently to boost power despite causing something like 4% interference to WVEC.

And yes, there's a lot of short-spacing.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What with the mess that VHF propagation prediction has brought us, I got to wondering....

Both VHF and UHF channels have some minimum geographical separation, +/- factors from interference studies, etc. I've read but forgotten the SOP.

But we have a new potential clash. You could have oh RF 23 and RF 37 nearby, even on the same tower, with no issue.... but suppose both are DTV "Channel 6"? I suspect the average DTV decoder is going to get very confused...There's some provision for cooperative use, al-la "Channel 30" but what happens when Jill AVS'er, halfway inbetween, has a big antenna and gets to choose?

The current "Channel" separation is a historic holdover from NTSC but I wonder if the FCC has set out a hard rule on this issue?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If what you are refering to is having the same RF ch in 2 different directions I have that very problem. My DTT901 dosen't like it to well, WVPY 42 RF21 50kW at 64 miles 211 magnetic and WHP 21 RF21 at 500kW 65 miles 67 magnetic. I have trouble getting either of them .
Old 08-04-2009, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

I missed WNUV (40) and WTAJ on 32.

In an overlap area, where the transmissions are marginally close to each other in receive level, you don't get either station. I believe you need a very large difference to drive one or the other station into the S/N ratio for reception.

As for two stations broadcasting the same Virtual Channel Number, that's already happening with 24 (WUTB and WNPB (WV PBS)). The first RF channel gets the first listing, while the second RF channel gets the next and continues (ie. 24-1, 24-1, 24-2, 24-2, 24-3, 24-3, etc).
Old 08-04-2009, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
RCN has just announced that they've selected TiVo as their primary DVR platform: http://investor.rcn.com/releasedetai...leaseID=400858

According to the press release, RCN is the first cable provider to make the TiVo their standard DVR offering.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by systems2000 View Post

What is going on with WNUV Friday primetime audio? The primary audio track keeps coming and going, when it's there. This is (at least) the second week it's been happening.

I found the problem - I may have mentioned that we are involved with a mobile video test right now. The people doing the test brought in a rack of equipment that has a new HD encoder in it, which I provided signals for. When they set it up on Friday 7/24, they set the HD encoder to take the first two channels of audio that are embedded in the video stream, i.e., left and right. That didn't effect us too much during the day, because the 5.1 channel synthesizer leaves a lot of the dialog in the left and right channels, but at prime-time, we switch in the CW satellite feed which has real 5.1 audio, and almost all of the dialog is in the center channel, which we weren't broadcasting. This makes the dialog and some of the music sound really low, while other stereo music and some sound effects sound really loud (since you turned up the TV to hear the dialog).

As far as master control could see, they were sending out 5.1 audio. Unfortunately, the off-air receiver only shows a stereo downmix, so all they could see was that the audio was low, not that there was no center channel or surround audio.

I reconfigured their encoder to use the seperate 5.1 audio, which corrected the problem.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention.

Mark
Old 08-04-2009, 08:15 AM

Has anyone heard when WUTB or WBAL will be increasing power? I had email from a WUTB engineer saying they would be increasing to 290 KW and there was a WBAL filing with the FCC to experiment with higher power levels. WUTB seems to have gotten a bit better of late (is this because of the extras 90 KW?) but WBAL is still a toss up - sometimes ok and sometimes horrible.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Old 08-04-2009, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by machpost View Post

RCN has just announced that they've selected TiVo as their primary DVR platform: http://investor.rcn.com/releasedetai...leaseID=400858

According to the press release, RCN is the first cable provider to make the TiVo their standard DVR offering.

Sounds better than the stripped-down, buggy TiVo software Comcast is trying to use on Motorola DVRs.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

Old 08-04-2009, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by systems2000 View Post

As for two stations broadcasting the same Virtual Channel Number, that's already happening with 24 (WUTB and WNPB (WV PBS)). The first RF channel gets the first listing, while the second RF channel gets the next and continues (ie. 24-1, 24-1, 24-2, 24-2, 24-3, 24-3, etc).

I'd assume that what happens here with VC30 is the one transmitter declares itself as 30-1,2,3,4,5; and the second as 30.6,7,8,9...But that's deliberate cooperation. I was thinking of 2 isolated stations where a viewer could just happen to see both.

But in your case they are interleaved? I can see several problems with that. First the viewer confusion as to which station is which. [Not a major problem on PBS...unless it's beg-a-thon week.]

Secondly, when one goes down, does the viewer then get 24.1,3,5 or does it appear as 1,2,3 until the other station gets back up?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewster1977 View Post

If what you are refering to is having the same RF ch in 2 different directions I have that very problem. My DTT901 dosen't like it to well, WVPY 42 RF21 50kW at 64 miles 211 magnetic and WHP 21 RF21 at 500kW 65 miles 67 magnetic. I have trouble getting either of them .

I have the same issue with channel 5 FOX out of Washington and channel 33 PBS out of Harrisburg, PA. Both are on RF 36. I can never get channel 33 and only ocassionly get 5. I can get other channels from both markets most of the time. I do not have a solution to this problem. It seems the channels simpply cancel each other out.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfs View Post

I'd assume that what happens here with VC30 is the one transmitter declares itself as 30-1,2,3,4,5; and the second as 30.6,7,8,9...But that's deliberate cooperation. I was thinking of 2 isolated stations where a viewer could just happen to see both.

That's what is happening in the above case. One is PBS out of WV and the other is MyNetwork out of Baltimore.
Quote:

But in your case they are interleaved? I can see several problems with that. First the viewer confusion as to which station is which. [Not a major problem on PBS...unless it's beg-a-thon week.]

That is how the CECB's handle the "Virtual Channel" information supplied.
Quote:

Secondly, when one goes down, does the viewer then get 24.1,3,5 or does it appear as 1,2,3 until the other station gets back up?

Nothing changes. The information is retained (just like those viewers on rotors). You end up with alternating channels that are blank. You still have 24-1, 24-1, 24-2, 24-2, 24-3, 24-3.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

It would be great if The FOX Report with Shepard Smith was available to OTA viewers. A 30-minute Fox Report would be serious competition for the three current OTA nightly news programs.

At the very least, The FOX Report should be test marketed in Washington, DC on WTTG.

Perhaps if enough OTA viewers emailed or called and expressed interest in The FOX Report, they might offer it.
  • WTTG FOX5
  • newsmanager@foxnews.com
  • Foxreport@foxnews.com
  • 1-888-369-4762

Broadcast TV - a vital national public resource

Save Free HDTV: Facebook Page

Just say "no" to a never-ending subscription TV bill that increases faster than the rate of inflation.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:05 PM

So I was trying to help an elderly friend get figured out with the basics (4,5,7 & 9). She had an old antenna that had been up since about 1978 and was only getting the upper VHF channels (7,9). Unfortunately, I know just enough to get into a mess, but not enough to figure everything out. She purchased a Winegard YA 7698p. My father and I put it up tonight and we still only get the upper VHF channels. The only thing we can think of as a potential problem is the old antenna had the old twin flat-lead cable, so we had to use an adapter to connect to the coax connection on the new antenna. Would this be the problem or is there other issues we aren't thinking about? The antenna is on the roof and I'd gues she's about 50 miles from the stations (Remington, VA). Also, there is no amp or booster I'm aware of that's connected. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as I really don't have a clue. I didn't expect 98 signal strength, but this evening we got absolute 0. Thanks
Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Twin lead is TERRIBLE for UHF. You might want to swap that out with some RG-6.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Old 08-04-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chug0lug View Post

So I was trying to help an elderly friend get figured out with the basics (4,5,7 & 9). She had an old antenna that had been up since about 1978 and was only getting the upper VHF channels (7,9). Unfortunately, I know just enough to get into a mess, but not enough to figure everything out. She purchased a Winegard YA 7698p. My father and I put it up tonight and we still only get the upper VHF channels. The only thing we can think of as a potential problem is the old antenna had the old twin flat-lead cable, so we had to use an adapter to connect to the coax connection on the new antenna. Would this be the problem or is there other issues we aren't thinking about? The antenna is on the roof and I'd gues she's about 50 miles from the stations (Remington, VA). Also, there is no amp or booster I'm aware of that's connected. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as I really don't have a clue. I didn't expect 98 signal strength, but this evening we got absolute 0. Thanks

Possible, the Tv is set to cable instead of 'over the air'
It would get VHF OK, But not any UHF stations!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

She purchased a Winegard YA 7698p. My father and I put it up tonight and we still only get the upper VHF channels. The only thing we can think of as a potential problem is the old antenna had the old twin flat-lead cable, so we had to use an adapter to connect to the coax connection on the new antenna.

Just as Trip stated, I would also suspect the twin lead as the main problem. Replacing the cable with some good RG-6 should improve things dramatically. The 7698 antenna is about as good as it gets. Just going by the generic TV Fool results for Remington shows DC, Charlottesville, & Richmond stations available.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV Sparky View Post

Possible, the Tv is set to cable instead of 'over the air'
It would get VHF OK, But not any UHF stations!

If they're using a NTSC television and a CECB, it will not matter.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:59 PM

While playing around with the converter box tonight, I came across 14-2. First time I've ever come across Univision adding a second channel, so I'm curious to see what it'll be.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The antenna is on the roof and I'd gues she's about 50 miles from the stations (Remington, VA). Also, there is no amp or booster I'm aware of that's connected. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as I really don't have a clue.

How high off the roof is the antenna? Are there any trees or tall buildings near?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:01 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked: 844
Quote:

There aren't any lower VHF channels in the DC area any more. 7 and 9 are the only VHF channels now. Everything else is UHF isn't it? Are there any lower VHF channels in other cities?

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Old 08-04-2009, 10:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

There aren't any lower VHF channels in the DC area any more. 7 and 9 are the only VHF channels now. Everything else is UHF isn't it? Are there any lower VHF channels in other cities?

Yes, there are around 40 full power stations broadcasting on VHF low 2-6 in the US. WBRA PBS 15 in Roanoke, VA is on VHF 3 - and is not making for many happy OTA viewers. The most prominent low VHF station in terms of population coverage is WPVI ABC 6 on VHF 6 in Philadelphia which is now cranking at 30 kW which is a lot for digital low VHF.

In the DC area, there is the low power analog WDCN-LP 6 in Arlington, but I don't know if the station is still only broadcasting audio on FM 87.7 or has fired up a video broadcast yet. WMDO-LD Telefutura 47 is on VHF 8 at 198 Watts, but I have never manage to lock to the signal from my attic in Sterling.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertforsyth View Post

What would you give as feedback/advise on WJLA returning to UHF? I know there is an occupant on channel 39, but it seems there are more issues with high-band V than anyone thought.

Catching up on posts here...

For the record, I have had little difficulty in getting WJLA 7 at 30 kW at 16 miles since the switch. From the top floor and attic crawlspace, I have been able to lock on to WJLA 7 with a Winegard upper VHF antenna aimed at Baltimore (~50 degrees away from DC direction); in a short test was able to get WJLA 7 and WUSA 9 with a CM 4221 4 Bay bowtie, and even get WJLA 7 with a Silver Sensor antenna. Maybe WJLA could look into increasing power to 45 or 50 kW if the FCC is willing to consider it.

My upper VHF problems have been with the Baltimore stations at 43 miles. Lost WJZ 13 when they switched to the omni-directional antenna at 9.8 kW (was able to lock to it at night sometimes with dropouts). When WJZ 13 got their STA and increased to 27.5 kW, then I could get it just fine. Lost WJZ 13 last week when they switched to the new directional antenna which is putting out around 8 kW in my direction. I can detect WJZ on the signal meter, but can't get a reliable lock. Oh well. Have not been able to get WBAL 11 at the miserable 5 kW with the exception of 1 or 2 brief periods at night since the switch. Figure I should be to get WBAL when they test the 26.6 kW power.

Have to do more experiments with alternate upper VHF antenna locations to see if I can get WJZ 13 back. If I can't, but can get WBAL, that will mean I can get 3 NBC stations OTA (WRC 4, WHAG 25, WBAL 11), but only 1 CBS station, WUSA 9. WJZ is a CBS owned & operated station which means no sub-channels which is a useful option to have for CBS sports events.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post

Just as Trip stated, I would also suspect the twin lead as the main problem. Replacing the cable with some good RG-6 should improve things dramatically. The 7698 antenna is about as good as it gets. Just going by the generic TV Fool results for Remington shows DC, Charlottesville, & Richmond stations available.

Thanks for all of the advice. We'll try using RG-6 and see if that makes things better. I'll also check the TV setting to make sure it is correct. I'll post our results once we try the new cable.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
In Landover Hills, and not at the top either and surrounded by tall trees.
For DC stations west, I'm using an RS VU-190, and for Channel 30, a DB-4 and Join-tenna, (the Join-tenna actually made the ch30 reception worse, which means not there most of the time), so maybe I'll go back to just a combiner. The amp is an Antennacraft 10G212.

Since the VU-190 is a vhf/uhf combo, I get all of the DC stations 10 miles away, and even Baltimore's Ch2 (on RF38), which must be their tower location, because I could get 13 when it was using rf38. Still haven't seen the real Ch38, don't know if they're broadcasting yet.

For Baltimore 30 miles to the north, a GH4, the smallest one here : http://www.jedsoft.org/fun/antennas/dtv/gh.html

This one gets 2, 11, 13, 22 from Annapolis, 45, 54 & 67. 24 is still a no-show. The amp is an HDP269 and inside, more boost with an Eagle Aspen 25db dist amp, but they will be replaced with an 8275.

Not too bad for being surround by trees, maybe I'll post some pics of the trees later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by afiggatt View Post

Catching up on posts here...

For the record, I have had little difficulty in getting WJLA 7 at 30 kW at 16 miles since the switch...
My upper VHF problems have been with the Baltimore stations at 43 miles. Lost WJZ 13 when they switched to the omni-directional antenna at 9.8 kW (was able to lock to it at night sometimes with dropouts).... Oh well. Have not been able to get WBAL 11 at the miserable 5 kW with the exception of 1 or 2 brief periods at night since the switch.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:14 AM

This site is a little slow today so I thought I would post a listing of what I get for OTA since the transition from the Baltimore/Washington/Harrisburg areas.

Excellent = good signal 95% of the time without moving the antennae (Keep at 220°)
Good = good signal 95% of the time after moving antennae.
Fair = good signal 80% of the time
Poor = rarely get a good signal

Off The Air and DirecTV Satellite Local Channels

No. Channel Call Affiliation Description Reception Angle
1 2-1 WMAR ABC HD Excellent 220°
2 2-2 WMAR ABC SD Excellent 220°
3 2-3 WMAR WEATHER HD Excellent 220°
4 3-1 KYW CBS HD Good 45°
5 4-1 WRC NBC HD Excellent 220°
6 4-2 WRC WEATHER SD Excellent 220°
7 4-3 WRC SPORTS SD Excellent 220°
8 5-1 WTTG FOX HD Poor 225°
9 6-1 WPVI ABC HD Good 45°
10 6-2 WPVI ABC HD Good 45°
11 6-3 WPVI WEATHER HD Good 45°
12 7-1 WJLA ABC HD Excellent 220°
13 7-2 WJLA WEATHER HD Excellent 220°
14 7-3 WJLA RTV SD Excellent 220°
15 8 HR WGAL NBC SD D*-SAT N/A
16 8-1 WGAL NBC HD Excellent 220°
17 8-2 WGAL THIS SD Excellent 220°
18 9-1 WUSA CBS HD Excellent 220°
19 9-2 WUSA WEATHER HD Excellent 220°
20 11-1 WBAL NBC HD Excellent 220°
21 11-2 WBAL WEATHER HD Excellent 220°
22 12-1 WHYY PBS HD Good 45°
23 12-2 WHYY Y-ART SD Good 45°
24 12-3 WHYY Y-INFO SD Good 45°
25 13-1 WJZ CBS HD Excellent 220°
26 14-1 WFDC UNI SPANISH Good 220°
27 15-1 WLYH CW HD Excellent 220°
28 17-1 WPHL MYNET HD Good 45°
29 17-2 WPHL THIS SD Good 45°
30 20-1 WDCA MYNET HD Good 220°
31 21 HR WHPD CBS SD D*-SAT N/A
32 21-1 WHPD CBS HD Excellent 220°
33 21-2 WHPD MYNET SD Excellent 220°
34 22-1 WMPT PBS HD Excellent 220°
35 22-2 WMPT PBS SD Excellent 220°
36 22-3 WMPT VME SD Excellent 220°
37 24-1 WUTB MYNET HD Excellent 220°
38 25-1 IND SD Good 45°
39 26-1 WETA PBS HD Good 220°
40 26-2 WETA CREATE SD Good 220°
41 26-3 WMPT FAMILY SD Good 220°
42 26-4 WMPT TV26 SD Good 220°
43 27 HR WHTM ABC SD D*-SAT N/A
44 27-1 WHTM ABC HD Good 270°
45 27-2 WHTM MYNET SD Good 270°
46 30.1 WNVC WORLDVIEWSD Poor 272°
47 30.2 WNVC NHK WORLDSD - JAPANESE Poor 272°
48 30.3 WNVC MCN SD - CHINESE Poor 272°
49 30.4 WNVC RTV SD - RUSSIA Poor 272°
50 30.5 WNVC BVN DUTCHSD - AL JAZEERA Poor 272°
51 30.6 WNVC SABC SD - SOUTH AFR Poor 272°
52 30.7 WNVC FRANCE 24SD Poor 272°
53 30.8 WNVC NTA SD - NIGERIA TV Poor 272°
54 30.9 WNVC VTV4 SD - VIETAMESE Poor 272°
55 30.10 WNVC EURONEWSSD Poor 272°
56 32-1 WHUT PBS SD Good 220°
57 33 HR WITF PBS SD D*-SAT N/A
58 33-1 WITF PBS None
59 43 HR WPMT FOX SD D*-SAT N/A
60 43-1 WPMT FOX HD Excellent 220°
61 45-1 WBFF FOX HD Excellent 220°
62 45-2 WBFF THIS SD Excellent 220°
63 49-1 WGCB CHRISTIANSD Excellent 220°
64 49-2 WGCB MY FAMILYSD Excellent 220°
65 50-1 WDCW CW HD Excellent 220°
66 50-2 WDCW THIS SD Excellent 220°
67 54-1 WNUV CW HD Excellent 220°
68 54-2 WNUV THIS SD Excellent 220°
69 66-1 WMPB ION SD Excellent 220°
70 66-2 WMPB QUBO SD Excellent 220°
71 66-3 WMPB ION W SD Excellent 220°
72 66-4 WMPB WORSHIP SD Excellent 220°
73 67-1 WMPB PBS HD Excellent 220°
74 67-2 WMPB PBS SD Excellent 220°
75 67-3 WMPB VME SD Excellent 220°

Antennae: Radio Shack RS VU-90
Pre-Amplifier: Channel Master CM 7777
Signal Booster Distributer: Channel Master CM 3044 -4 Outlets
Old 08-05-2009, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Comcast expands county digital service

Company providing free converters to most basic cable customers

By MARC SHAPIRO Staff Writer

Published 08/05/09

Comcast will upgrade its cable service in Anne Arundel County and Annapolis this fall, giving a free digital converter to almost all its remaining basic cable subscribers.

Advertisement In a nationwide program, Comcast will give converters and digital-cable boxes to thousands of residential and business subscribers to free up space on its network for faster Internet, more high-definition channels and more video on demand.

"It's going to benefit all of our customers," said Scott Allison, senior vice president of regional operations. "By going digital, we'll be able to compress the digital signal to free up more space."

The World of More program will target Comcast's remaining analog customers over the next two years. Company officials declined to say how many county subscribers will be offered the scanner, but estimated it at about 15 percent nationwide.

Subscribers to the expanded basic service in the county and Annapolis can ask for the converters immediately. Starting next month, the conversion will mean some changes in the channel lineups.

Limited basic customers, which Allison described as a small number, will not get the upgrade.

Comcast said the change will allow it to make more efficient use of its countywide fiber-optic infrastructure. One analog channel takes up the same amount of space as 10 digital or three HD channels, Allison said.

"The customers want more choice, more services, and they want it when they want it," he said. "Down the road, we could have infinite amounts of on demand."

Comcast will ship one digital set-top box and two converters with do-it-yourself instructions on request. Customers also can pick up the boxes at customer-service centers in Millersville and Annapolis.

For an $18 fee, Comcast will send a technician to install the box and converters.

"It's so easy to do this," Allison said. "These DTAs (digital-to-analog converters) are very fast. It happens in minutes."

Channels with start to switch on or about Sept. 28, when the first 24 channels will go digital. Another 23 will switch around Oct. 28, and 38 new high-definition channels will launch Oct. 10, officials said.

John Lyons, county cable administrator, said most cable companies are making an effort to go digital.

"It's part of the transition with the whole cable industry to make space for the HD channels, which everybody wants," he said. "They just have to go to a more efficient way of sending the cable channels."

There also is an element of competition. Verizon offers all-digital television and Internet services through its FiOS network.

Comcast, however, remains the county's largest cable company. It has more of the county's 151,921 cable subscribers than either FiOS or Broadstripe, according to Lyons' office.

And while company officials said the changeover won't be tied to a rate hike, it follows a 6.4 percent increase in November, according to TV4US, a nonprofit organization that tracks cable-consumer issues.

Lyons said he expects some customers to be frustrated by having to deal with new technology and changes in the way their TVs work.

Unlike Comcast, Broadstripe still promotes its analog service.

"There's a lot of folks out there that are cost-conscious consumers and they're just looking for a lower-cost alternative," said John Bjorn, general manager for Broadstripe's mid-Atlantic region. "Probably about 30 percent of our subscribers are analog."

However, he expects all customers to change over to digital eventually.

"Even they are going to transition eventually because everybody wants to see more things, people want to see the high definition," Lyons said.

Yesterday, the company announced a new pricing program called Broadstripe Forever, which locks in rates for life for good customers who sign up for voice, TV and video.

The company began offering the lifetime price guarantee Monday to new and existing residential customers for about $130 for video, high-speed Internet and phone service. It will be available for a limited time only, according to a release.

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/new...l-service.html

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

Old 08-05-2009, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pclement View Post

This site is a little slow today so I thought I would post a listing of what I get for OTA since the transition from the Baltimore/Washington/Harrisburg area.

What area do you live?
Old 08-05-2009, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't care about HD. If I wanted HD, I'd go outside and see it in Super HD (my own eyes). Using words like "everybody" needs to be stricken from politics and media.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
When did WRC start broadcasting Dr. Phil in HD? Just happened to flip past and noticed it was HD today.