Washington, DC / Baltimore, MD - HDTV - Page 476 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 31Likes

post #14251 of 14255 Old 01-26-2016, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Progress is beaing made with WFDC. 14.1-14.4 have programming info. 15.1 and 15.2 still exist without programming info. But the sound assignments are mixed up on 14.2, where the SAP audio choice of English 1 gets me 14.4 Escape audio, whereas English 2 gets me the correct audio, and on 14.1 selecting Spanish or Other gets me the correct audio, whereas selecting English gets me 14.3 GetTV audio.

It sure would be nice if the Spanish channels could give us English as alternate audio, but they can't because they are paying much less for the rights to distribute programming in Spanish than they would to show the same programming in English... though as I recall, they paid several times as much to carry the World Soccer games in Spanish than ESPN paid to carry them in English.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14252 of 14255 Old 01-27-2016, 04:48 PM

Liked: 54
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by buri View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to receive OTA signals in the Church Mills subdivision of Sterling, VA (near Church Rd & Sterling Blvd) but am not having any luck. I'm up on a hill and can receive analog just fine, but don't pick up a single digital channel.

I have the "TERK HD-TVS Slim Profile Outdoor HDtv Antenna" (medium directional) attached to a Sony Bravia TV. I've tried the roof of my two-story house as well as the attic, using the orientations specified by AntennaWeb, as well as pretty much every angle in the general direction of D.C.

Has anyone in my area had luck with OTA? What should my next step be, a pre-amp?

Thanks for helping out a newbie!
BU

I'm in Woodstone off Frederick Road and I get all the DC stations that I look for just fine. I use a RCA Compact Outdoor Yagi HDTV Antenna about 15 feet or so off the ground pointing at DC. I found that if I took some time and carefully worked with the antenna using the strength meter in the TiVo to get the best reception.

I was using a amplifier with my old flat wall antenna. It wasn't very helpful. I don't need it for the RCA.

-B
TiVo Roamio OTA with Denon AVR 591
My floor speakers, surrounds and sub are Polk brand.
FiOS 50/50 Streaming

If anyone in the DMV area wants to unload some old
Home Theater Seats, I'm your guy!
post #14253 of 14255 Old Today, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Single-channel antenna suppliers?

There's lots of discussions here about specific antennas. In decades past, there were manufacturers of channel-specific antennas, typically used by MATV systems in fringe areas. A friend needs one.

Are such still available? Sources?
post #14254 of 14255 Old Today, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfs View Post
There's lots of discussions here about specific antennas. In decades past, there were manufacturers of channel-specific antennas, typically used by MATV systems in fringe areas. A friend needs one.

Are such still available? Sources?
There isn't much out in the way of cut-to-channel antennas being made these days, and the only ones I'm familiar with are commercial grade products that are favored for use in harsh environments due to their durability, rather than their technical performance. If you use TVFool.com to develop an analysis of your reception situation and post your results, we can better advise you regarding what contemporary products best meet your needs.
post #14255 of 14255 Old Today, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well, I'm at 30.150999, -82.664807, with a 50 ft tower. Our interests are:

WFOX RF32, 66 miles -90.7 dBm.
WOGX RF31, 58 miles, -84 dBm.

Both of these are marginal with the current Stacker.
Plus, they are in different directions.....
We can go up another 10-15 ft, perhaps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page