Listing of Digital stations in the Washington / Baltimore Region:
(Revised July 4, 2014)
Online HDTV Progam Guides:
- 002-01 38 ABC WMAR-DT HDTV DD5.1 Local news in HDTV
- -----02 38 ----- WMAR-DT Live Well Network SD
- 004-01 48 NBC WRC-DT HDTV DD5.1 Local news in HDTV
- -----02 48 ----- WRC-SD CoziTV/Washington Non-stop
- 005-01 36 FOX WTTG-DT HDTV DD5.1 Has local news in HDTV
- 007-01 07 ABC WJLA-DT HDTV DD5.1 Has local news in HDTV
- -----02 07 ----- WJLA-DT MeTV
- -----03 07 ----- WJLA-DT Live Well Network
- 009-01 09 CBS WUSA-DT HDTV DD5.1 Has local news in HDTV
- -----02 09 ----- WUSA-DT Bounce TV
- -----03 09 ----- WUSA-DT Weather Nation
- 011-01 11 NBC WBAL-DT HDTV Has local news in HDTV
- -----02 11 ----- WBAL-SD MeTV/WBAL Plus
- 013-01 13 CBS WJZ-DT HDTV DD5.1 Has local news in HDTV
- 014-01 15 UNI WFDC-DT HDTV
- -----03 15 -----WFDC-DT GetTV: Sony Picture Entertainment: feature films
- 020-01 35 MyNet WDCA-DT HDTV
- -----02 35 ----- WDCA-DT MOVIES!
- -----03 35 ----- WDCA-DT MundoFox
- 022-01 42 PBS WMPT-DT MPT-HD DD5.1
- -----02 42 PBS WMPT-DT MPT 2
- -----03 42 PBS WMPT-DT MPT V-me
- 024-01 41 MyNet WUTB-DT HD
- -----02 41 MyNet WUTB-DT Bounce
- 026-01 27 PBS WETA-DT HDTV DD5.1
- -----02 27 PBS WETA-DT UK (British)
- -----03 27 PBS WETA-DT Kids
- -----04 27 PBS WETA-DT TV 26
- 030-01 24 MHz WNVC-DT MHz1 MHzDC
- -----02 24 MHz WNVC-DT MHz2 NHK World - Japanese
- -----03 24 MHz WNVC-DT MHz3 CCTV-4 News Channel (in English)
- -----04 24 MHz WNVC-DT MHz4 RT - Russia Today (in English)
- -----05 24 MHz WNVC-DT MHz5 Blue Ocean Network (from China): previously carried Al Jazerra
- -----06 24 MHz WNVT-DT MHz6 CCTV Documentary
- -----07 30 MHz WNVT-DT MHz7 France 24
- -----08 30 MHz WNVT-DT MHz8 Russia Today (in Spanish)
- -----09 30 MHz WNVT-DT MHz9 Arirang (in English)
- -----10 30 MHz WNVT-DT MHz10 Ethiopian Television (in Amharic)
- -----11 30 MHz WNVT-DT MHz11 VTV4 (in Vietnamese)
- -----12 30 MHz WNVT-DT MHz12 TRT Turk, Arise News (Nigerian-based). 12 hours/day each
- 032-01 33 PBS WHUT-DT HDTV
- -----02 33 PBS WHUT-DT SD
- 045-01 46 FOX WBFF-DT HDTV DD5.1 Has local news in HDTV
- -----02 46 ---- WBFF-DT ThisTV SD
- -----03 46 ---- WBFF-DT The Country Network SD
- 050-01 50 CW WDCW-DT HDTV DD5.1
- -----02 50 ---- WDCW-DT AntennaTV SD
- -----03 50 ---- WDCW-DT ThisTV SD
- 054-01 40 ---- WNUV-DT HDTV SD
- -----02 40 ---- WNUV-DT GetTV: Sony Picture Entertainment: feature films
- 062-01 28 PBS WFPT-DT MPT-HD DD5.1
- -----02 28 PBS WFPT-DT MPT 2
- -----03 28 PBS WFPT-DT MPT V-me
- 066-01 34 ionline WPXW-DT ion
- -----02 34 ------- WPXW-DT qubo
- -----03 34 ionline WPXW-DT ion Life
- -----04 34 ------- WPXW-DT ShopTV
- -----05 34 ------- WPXW-DT Home Shopping Network
- -----06 34 ------- WPXW-DT QVC
- 067-01 29 PBS WMPB-DT MPT-HD DD5.1
- -----02 29 PBS WMPB-DT MPT 2
- -----03 29 PBS WMPB-DT MPT V-me
Orange indicates VHF/UHF Digital Channel assignments
DD5.1 indicates Dolby Digital 5.1 capable stations
- Pretty Good HD Line up site. In conjuction with titantv.com
- Lists only HDTV channels.
-Also contains an antenna direction page like antennaweb.
Zap 2 It
- Online channel lineups.
Other Links of Interest:
- a NAB site that gives consumers information about the upcoming discontinuance of Analog television broadcasting.
- Silly name, but it sums up a lot of us. This site has a great Antenna aiming tool and Google Broadcast coverage maps for each station. Well worth the look.
- Will tell you. 1. What stations are available to you. 2. Where to aim your antenna to see the stations. 3. How strong of an antenna you need.
- Calculates Distance and Direction to nearby Digital stations.
- TV Repair / Antenna service.
- Electronics Store in Beltsville which has many antennas and parts.
- Parts and accessories.
- Online Antenna retailer
- DC Radio/Television News site.
Local Antenna Installers:
- Mention AVS Forum and receive 5% off. Testimonial #1
- Baltimore area antenna installation shop. Complaint #1
Local Cable Companies:
- (DC, Bethesda & Gaithersburg) Formerly StarPower
- Cox in Northern Virgina.
- Mont Co. Comcast Sports Net - Mid Atlantic
, No Digitial Tier required for HD Locals Comcast Press release
- HDTV service now available in Frederick, MD & Winchester, VA. - Now owned by Comcast but link still works.
Millennium Digital Media
- Services the Anne Arundel County area. - Also a Comcast aquisition.
- Verizon's TV service.
- Another good HD lineup from a small cable co. West of Frederick.
- All HDTV receivers include an OTA tuner. $20 HD fee on top of regular programming package for HD channels. Carries DC HDTV locals. Requires at least two satellites dishes. DISH Network carries the most foreign language channels.
- Has an HDTV package for $10.99/mo. Wash, DC HDTV locals are available. DirectTV has a High Capacity Satellite in use and has added a considerable number of HDTV channels. DirecTV carries the most premium sports channels, including the NFL Sunday Ticket.
Links to the previous Washington/Baltimore threads:
Wash / Baltimore Thread
. March 2005 - January 2007.
Wash / Baltimore Thread
. July 2003 - March 2005.
Link to the former DC Metro HD Thread
. March 2002 - June 2003.
Local broadcast television station notifications submitted by members (2001-2012):
- 1/4/2012: aptt: New Channel 8 is now available in HD
- 12/6/2011: Marcs Carr: NewsChannel 8 will go HD in early January 2012.
- 10/4/2010: Cyclone: WMAR-DT ABC2 in Baltimore becomes the final local news broadcaster to switch to High Definition.
- 4/21/2010: aptt WRC-HD NBC4 became the 4th channel in the area to carry their local news in High Definition.
- 3/30/2010: Marcus Carr: WRC NBC4 in Washington DC will begin to air their local news in HDTV in Late April.
- 1/10/2010: Marcus Carr: Dish Network has added Indieplex, Retroplex, Tru TV, BBC America, E!, Hallmark, Sportsman, Showtime West, and Fox Soccer Channel to their HD channel line up.
- 10/26/2009: HDTV Sparky: WJZ-DT CBS 13 in Baltimore now has local news in HDTV.
- 6/18/2009: Marcus Carr: Cox announces that they have added Disney Channel and ABC Family HD channels to their line up.
- 6/12/2009: Cyclone: Digital Transition day. Numerous Analog TV signals were terminated today.
- 5/24/2009: Knicks_Fan: DirecTV has added WETA-DT to their HD lineup.
- 5/8/2009: Cyclone: Dish network has added Speed, FX, Logo, MavTV, and Fashion HD Channels to their lineup.
- 4/17/2009: affigatt: WFPT-TV Frederick Public TV - MPT has shutdown their analog signal on channel 62.
- 4/9/2009 Cyclone: Dish Network adds numerous Viacom HD channels today including: VH1, MTV, CMT, Comedy Central, BET, Spike, and Nickelodeon.
- 4/7/2009 cpldc: WJLA-DT ABC 7 has switched from 720p to 1080i.
- 4/7/2009: Marus Carr: Comcast in Baltimore has added WETA-HD.
- 3/24/2009: afiggatt: Verizon has added MASN-HD to their FiOS HD lineup.
- 2/24/2009: afiggatt: Verizon has added MLB-HD to their FiOS TV lineup.
- 2/18/2009: Cyclone: WBFF-TV and WNUV-TV have both shutdown Analog broadcasts.
- 2/4/2009: Cyclone: Dish Network has added Fox Business News to its HD lineup.
- 2/2/2009: Marcus Carr: Dish Network adds Fox News HD to their lineup. More HD expected later this week.
- 2/1/2009: Cyclone: Dish Network removed Smithsonian and substituted The "Crime and Investigation" channel.
- 1/31/2009: Knicks_Fan: WTTG-DT launches their local newscast in HDTV.
- 1/27/2009: euckersw: COX adds Fox Business, Cartoon Network, WE, IFC, Comedy Central, E!, Biography, and MLB HD channels to their lineup.
- 1/23/2009: machpost: RCN adds Tennis Channel HD to its lineup.
- 1/21/2009: Cyclone: DirecTV adds Comedy Central HD to their lineup.
- 1/6/2009: markbulla: WBFF returns 45.2 to the air on 1/12 with ThisTV featuring MGM programming.
- 1/4/2009: AntAltMike: RTN Retro TV has gone off the air on WJLA's 7.3 sub-channel. It returned later the next day.
- 1/3/2009: djp952: WBAL-DT has launched the 2nd local HDTV News broadcast in Baltimore.
- 12/30/2008: machpost: RCN (also FiOS & DirecTV) have added MLB-HD to their lineups.
- 12/17/2008: Marcus Carr: MPT-HD has been added by DirectTV for its Baltimore customers.
- 12/16/2008: SUOrangeman: Cox in Fairfax has added AMC, WGN, Fox News, FX, and Speed to their HD Lineup.
- 12/8/2008: Cyclone: WJLA-DT ABC 7 becomes the 2nd station in the Wash DC market to present their local newscasts in HD starting at the 12pm newscast today.
- 12/3/2008: Cyclone: Dish Networks Carries both Versus-HD and Golf-HD now that the two channels have separated. Same with DirectTV, FiOS, and Comcast.
- 12/2/2008: Cyclone: Test Day! At 5:28pm today the local broadcasters of Wash DC will perform a "DTV Test" by turning off their analog signals for 2 minutes to show viewers what the world will be like at the end of February. Participants are: WRC 4, WTTG Fox5, WJLA 7, WUSA 9, WDCA 20, WDCW 50, WETA 26, WHUT 32, WPXW 66, and WFDC 14.
- 11/20/2008: someone: Comcast has added Fox News, Fox Business News, FX, and Speed HD channels to their lineup.
- 10/30/2008: prth8machine: Verizon FiOS added several HD channels including: FX, Fox News, Fox Business, Speed, ESPN News, Disney, Toon Disney, ABC Family, WGN, Tennis, World Fishing, MAV, Biography, QVC, Planet Green, Travel, Hallmark Movie, & MGM.
- 10/29/2008: Steve_AA_Co_MD: Comcast in Anne Arundel has added Fox News HD, FX-HD, and the Speed Channel HD to their lineups.
- 10/17/2008: Marcus Carr: DirecTV adds Fox News Channel HD.
- 10/8/2009: markbulla: WBFF-DT has dropped the Good TV channel 45.2.
- 9/21/2008: parkay57: Verizon FiOS added the following channels to its HD lineup. TBS, Big10, Vs/Golf, OutdoorCh2, CNN, CNBC+, Weather, Science, History, Smithsonian, Animal Planet, TLC, Lifetime, SciFi, and Bravo.
- 9/13/2008: machpost: RCN has added ESPNU-HD to their lineup.
- 9/8/2008: Cyclone: A number of Syndicated programs premiered in HD today for the new fall season. Oprah, Ellen, Entertainment Tonight.
- 9/4/2008: cpldc: WRC-DT has added Universal Sports as a 2nd sub-channel. Ch 4.3.
- 9/3/2008: Scott Scherr: WUTB-DT 24 MyNetwork in Baltimore broadcasted for the first time in HD.
- 9/3/2008: afiggatt: WNVC-DT 57 Mhz has gone off the air for antenna replacement for its eventual move to UHF 24 next year. They will not return until WUTB 24 in Baltimore vacates UHF24 next February.
- 9/1/2008: someone: MHD changed their name to Palladia.
- 8/28/2008: prth8machine: FiOS has added ESPNU-HD.
- 8/14/2008: Marcus Carr: DirectTV adds Planet Green, ABC Family, Showtime Showcase and Showtime Extreme to its HD lineup.
- 8/8/2008: Cyclone: Most major providers (D*, E*, Comcast, COX, etc..) have added two new HD channels for Olympic coverage from Bejing. A Soccer HD and a Basketball HD channel have each been added to provide HD coverage along side of NBC-HD, Universal-HD, CNBCHD+, and USA-HD. additional SD coverage also available on Oxygen and MSNBC. Each provider also has special Olympic VOD programing.
- 8/1/2008: Cyclone: Dish Network added the Following HD Channels to their lineup today: Planet Green, Lifetime, Lifetime Movies, CBS College Sports, Encore, Action Max, Starz [West Comedy Edge Kids], and HBO [West, 2, Comedy, Latino, Signature, and Zone]. Dish also begins support for 1080p VOD movies today.
- 7/28/2008: Cyclone: WJLA-DT has dropped its locally produced "Local Point TV" experiment and favor of "Retro TV" on its 7.3 digital sub-channel.
- 7/9/2008: Marcus Carr: Comcast in Baltimore adds Disney, ABC Family, Science, and WGN to their HD lineup.
- 6/30/2008: Marcus Carr: Comcast in Baltimore adds digital WUTB-DT to their HD lineup. It is currently a 480i SD digital channel.
- 6/11/2008: Cyclone: Dish Networks adds WGN to its HD lineup.
- 6/3/2008: dcrtv: WBFF-DT Fox45 launched Baltimore's first local HDTV Newscast today.
- 5/30/2008: jaxjaggywires: COX in Va has added Bravo, CNBC HD+, USA, SciFi, & Lifetime to their HD channel lineup.
- 5/28/2008: dtv4u: WUTB-DT 24.1 MyNet in Baltimore is performing a "pre-transition full power test" at this time. Post feedback about your reception quality.
- 5/15/2008: Cyclone: Voom has had Dish network remove the remaining five Voom channels from their HD lineup.
- 5/15/2008: Berto1020: Comcast adds Disney, ABC Family, AMC, and Science Channel.
- 5/15/2008: kenrowe: Comcast in Montgomery County has added Disney, ABC Family, and Science Channel to their HD lineup.
- 5/13/2008: Cyclone: Dish network removed 10 of their 15 Voom channels at midnight. The Deleted channels are: HDNews, Ultra, Gallery, Animania, FilmFest, World Sport, Voom Movies, Family, Treasure, and Gameplay. The retained channels are: Rush, Rave, Monsters, Equator, and Kung Fu.
- 5/12/2008: Cyclone: Dish network added new HD channels to their HD Lineup today including the following channels: ABC Family, Biography, Bravo, Cinemax West & 5 Star, Disney, Toon Disney, ESPN News, Cartoon Network, MGM, Hallmark Movie, Tennis, Travel, CNBC HD+, and The World Fishing Network.
- 4/18/2008: Marcus Carr: Dish Network as added Sci-Fi and USA Network HD channels to their lineup.
- 4/16/2008: tonyd79: Dish network has added Baltimore HD channels to their line up. They also added CNN-HD.
- 4/9/2008: Marcus Carr: Comcast in Baltimore adds CNN-HD, Animal Planet-HD, TLC-HD, History-HD, and AMC-HD to their HD lineup.
- 4/4/2008: bucnasty: COX in Fairfax added Comcast Sports Net HD to their HD lineup.
- 4/2/2008: Marcus Carr: DirecTV added ESPNews, Disney, & Toon Disney HD channels to their lineup.
- 3/31/2008: Cyclone: MASN-HD has been added to DirecTV, Comcast, COX, Millennium, RCN, and many other local MSO systems. No word from FiOS or Dish yet.
- 3/26/2008: machpost: WUSA-DT will be showing 2nd NCAA tournament game on their 9.2 digital sub-channel (Usually 24/7 Doppler radar) on Thursday 3/27. link.
- 3/17/2008: afiggatt: WDCA-DT begins broadcasting syndicated "Everybody Loves Raymond" in HDTV.
- 3/12/2008 FineWare: DirecTV has added WDCW-DT ch 50 to their HD line up.
- 3/11/1008: chandler1818: RCN adds Discovery, TLC, Science, and Animal Planet HD channels to its HD lineup.
- 3/4/2008: BillyGreen23: Comcast in Arlington/Alexadria has added CNN, SciFi, USA, History, Food, HGTV, Discovery, TLC, and Animal Planet HD channels to their HDTV lineup.
- 2/29/2008: mapper: Cox adds the Travel Channel HD and Cinemax-HD to their lineup.
- 2/28/2008: machpost: RCN has added WDCA-DT to their HDTV Lineup.
- 2/23/2008: machpost: dcrtv is reporting that Fox 5 news on WTTG-DT will go to High Definition sometime in May for sweeps.
- 1/7/2008: Marcus Carr: Dish Network announced that they will be adding Baltimore HD locals to their lineup in 2008.
- 1/3/2008: gary michaels: WJAL-DT 68 (digital 16) in Hagarstown has increased their power from 6 to 50kw.
- 12/28/2007: Marcus Carr: DirecTV has added The Tennis Channel HD, and CSTV HD to their HD lineup.
- 12/18/2007: raidbuck: Comcast has added TLC, Discovery, History, Sci-Fi and USA to their HD lineup.
- 12/11/2007: rob base: Comcast has added Comcast Sports Network HD to the New Market area. (formerly Adelphia turf)
- 12/3/2007: Marcus Carr: COX has added 11 HD channels to their HD lineup. Included are: Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet, Science, CNN, TBS, HGTV, Food, NHL, History, Vs/Golf. This may be SDV channels which require a COX Set Top box, so Cable Card customers may not receive these channels.
- 11/27/2007: Marcus Carr: DirectTV has added The Biography Channel to their HD lineup.
- 11/26/2007: GoIrish: Baltimore Comcast will add Discovery, TLC, History, USA, SciFi, CNN, & History HD channels on January 8th 2008.
- 11/20/2007: machpost: RNC in DC has added NFL, Food Network, HGTV, and MOJO to their HDTV lineup.
- 11/16/2007: SteveJB: WHUT-DT has corrected a PSIP issue and it now working for Dish Network and other receivers.
- 11/15/2007: Marcus Carr: Comcast in Frederick will add SciFi & USA networks to their HD lineup on Dec 8th.
- 11/14/2007: Cyclone: Direct TV adds Nickelodeon, Spike, CMT, MTV, & VH1 channels to their HDTV lineup.
- 11/8/2007: bfdtv: Verizon FiOS added Comcast Sports Net HD to their lineup. Channel 829.
- 11/7/2007: afiggatt: Verizon FiOS has added Discovery-HD to their lineup.
- 10/31/2007: Marcus Carr: DirectTV has added NHL-HD to their line up.
- 10/30/2007: kurkbidc, kenrowe: Comcast has added A&E-HD, Food-HD, HGTV-HD & Universal-HD to some additional DC area markets.
- 10/29/2007: Marcus Carr: Dish Network and DirectTV have added NBA-TV to their HDTV lineups.
- 10/17/2007: Cyclone: Dish Network has added NHL-HD to their lineup.
- 10/15/2007: afiggatt: Verizon has added A&E-HD to their lineup.
- 10/15/2007: Cyclone: Direct TV has added six more HD channels today. Fox Business News, HGTV-HD, Fuel TV, FX-HD, Speed Channel HD, and Cartoon Network HD. They also added 7 HD-PPV channels and some RSNs for other regions.
- 10/10/2007: Cyclone: DirectTV added Food-HD, National Geographic Channel HD, MGM-HD, and CNBC-HD+ today.
- 10/5/2007: Cyclone: Dish Network has added TBS-HD for MLB play off action.
- 10/4/2007: gary michaels: WHUT-DT was spotted on the air today broadasting in 480i. It was off the air later that evening.
- 10/4/2007: Marcus Carr: DirecTV has added MHD to their lineup.
- 10/3/2007: Marcus Carr: DirectTV adds Bravo-HD, SciFi-HD, USA-HD, HBO West, Cinemax E&W to their HD lineup. Also Comcast Sports Net is now available to Baltimore area customers.
- 10/2/2007: machpost: RCN has added TBS-HD to their HD lineup.
- 10/1/2007: Berto1020: Comcast has added TBS-HD ch 232 to their lineup. Food-HD was added in Baltimore.
- 10/1/2007: mapper: The Tube Music network has stopped operations and is no longer shown on 50.2 WDCW-DT.
- 9/26/2007: Marcus Carr: Dish Network has added Comcast Sports Network-HD to their HD lineup.
- 9/26/2007: Marcus Carr: DirectTV added 21 new HDTV channels today. This includes: A&E-HD, AnimalPlanet, BigTen-HD, CNN-HD, Discovery-HD, History Channel-HD, TLC-HD, TMC-HD, NFL-HD, Science-HD, SHO-W, SHO-TOO, Smithsonian-HD, 5x Starz, TBS-HD, WeatherChannel-HD, & Vs/Golf-HD. More is expected by the end of the year.
- 9/25/2007: jaxjaggywires: COX has added NFL-HD to their lineup.
- 9/20/2007: SJKurtzke: WDCW-DT says that they are to be included in DirectTV's HDTV lineup by Jan 2008.
- 9/20/2007: Marcus Carr: Cox to add Discovery-HD, TLC-HD, Science-HD, and Animal Planet-HD in Oct.
- 9/12/2007: GoIrish: Comcast has announced several HD additions for 10/1 including TBS-HD & Food-HD. Also A&E-HD for DC area.
- 9/12/2007: Cyclone: Dish Network added 8 HD-PPV channels and Big10-HD to its lineup.
- 9/12/2007: machpost: RCN in D.C. has added Golf/Vs-HD to their lineup.
- 9/11/2007: billodom: WDCW-DT has the syndicated show Two & a Half Men showing HDTV. Aside from Jeopardy and WoF, this is the first time a syndicated show is shown in HDTV.
- 9/10/2007: Cyclone: A fire has taken NFL-HD, History-HD, and A&E-HD off the air for Dish Network & other providers.
- 9/4/2007: Marcus Carr: Dish Network has added The History Channel-HD to their HD lineup.
- 8/21/2007: tanfan: MPT-HD will now only show PBS-HD programming only when "True HD" shows are on the schedule. PBS-HD has in the past consisted of mostly SD widescreen shows. Expect to MPT-HD to only be HD on a part time basis, even during primetime.
- 8/15/2007: Cyclone: Dish network has added Discovery-HD, Animal Planet-HD, TLC-HD, Discovery Science-HD, Versus/Golf-HD, & MTV-HD to their HD lineup today.
- 8/8/2007: dcrtv: DCRTV has an update from the latest FCC documents on where our local channels will broadcast from when analog cutoff happens in 2009.
Back to original channel:
WJLA on 7, WUSA on 9, WBAL on 11, WJZ on 13, and WDCW on 50
Remain on current digital channel:
WRC on 48, WTTG on 36, WFDC on 15, WDCA on 35, WMPT on 42, WUTB on 41, WETA on 27, WHUT on 33, WBFF on 46, and WNUV on 40
Change to a new digital channel:
WMAR on 38 (WJZ's current digital channel), WPXW on 34 (WUSA's current digital channel), and WNVC on 24 (WUTB's current analog channel)
- 7/28/2007: zebras23: Verizon will upgrade the guide software for their STBs in this area on 8/23.
- 7/28/2007: poppagene: WETA-DT appears to have gone to full strength. Perhaps they have finally relocated to their new Tower.
- 7/20/2007: stuffedmonkey: RCN in D.C. has added ESPN2-HD as well as TNT-HD and National Geographic HD.
- 7/10/2007: Marcus Carr & GoIrish: Comcast in Baltimore Hartford County has added A&E-HD and HGTV-HD to their lineup.
- 7/6/2007: Knicks Fan: WJLA-DT has begun showing Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy in HDTV.
- 7/5/2007: chandler1818: RCN has added ESPN2-HD in Montgomery County.
- 6/30/2007: mdviewer25: WUSA-DT's Doppler radar on 9.2 has returned.
- 6/26/2007: voltore: WUSA-DT's Doppler Radar on 9.2 will be off the air for the new few days for some tests that requires its bandwidth.
- 6/25/2007: SUOrangeman: Cox in Fairfax Va added NatGeo-HD, A&E-HD, WDCA-DT, and WUSA-DT's supper Doppler radar (ie 9.2) to their HD lineup today.
- 5/31/2007: Parkay57: Cox announces that they will carry A&E-HD, NatGeo-HD, and WDCA-DT My20 HD on June 25th.
- 5/26/2007: Robert Forsthe: WJLA-DT ABC7 will begin to show Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy in HDTV in July.
- 5/25/2007: Marcus Carr: Comcast in Baltimore announced that they will be adding A&E-HD & HGTV-HD to their lineup on July 10th.
- 5/16/2007: Frank Black: Comcast is going to acquire Millenium cable. Update: Deal was called off
- 5/15/2007: Cylclone: Comcast in Montgomery County has added WDCA-DT and Universal-HD.
- 5/4/2007: Cyclone: Dish Network has added Cinemax-HD to their HD lineup.
- 5/1/2007 :Cyclone: INHD changed their name to Mojo today.
- 4/30/2007: gccjr: Comcast sent a message to the STB today stating that WDCA-DT and Universal-HD will be added to their lineup on May 15th.
- 4/16/2007: lobozooma: Verizon Fios added Food-HD, HGTV-HD, and Lifetime Network Movies HD to their HDTV line up today. Wives rejoice!
- 3/6/2007: Cyclone: Looks like both WDCA-DT & WNUV-DT will both carry the HDTV broadcast of this weekend's ACC tournament.
- 3/4/2007: Cyclone: DirectTV has picked up the National Geographic Channel HD on a part time basis. Ch 77.
- 2/12/2007: Pyrr: Comcast in former Adelphia Turf (Frederick) has removed HDNet and HDNet Movies from their lineup. NGC-HD has been added.
- 2/1/2007: Cyclone: Dish Network has added A&E-HD to their HD Lineup.
- 1/24/2007: Robert Forsythe: WJLA has launched Local Point TV on the 7.3 sub-channel. Offers local oriented programming.
- 1/19/2007: bbt: Comcast posted in the Frederick Post that on Feb 12, 2007 that HDNet and HDNet movies would be replaced with TNT-HD, CSN-HD, and NGC-HD.
- 1/11/2007: Marcus Carr: Comcast has added National Geographic - HD (ch 224) and Versus-HD/Golf Channel HD (ch 255) to their HD lineup.
- 1/1/2007: markbulla: The Tube has been discontinued on 54.2. Its still on in D.C. on WDCW 50.2.
- 12/21/2006: markbulla: WNUV-DT will cease running The Tube on 54.2 at the end of the year.
- 12/11/2006: wmcbrine: WRC hinted tonight on their newscast that they would changing news studios and that they will be in HDTV when they return by the end of the year.
- 12/4/2006: Marcus Carr: MHD (MTV-HD) has replaced INHD2 on the Comcast lineups.
- 11/28/2006: PaulGo: Montgomery County has approved the Franchise agreement for Verizon's FIOS TV.
- 11/28/2006: CuseHokie: Cox Cable has added ESPN2-HD.
- 11/20/2006: fmsjr: WMAR-DT has begun to broadcast Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy in HDTV tonight. This is the first syndicated programming to be offered in HDTV in the area.
- 10/7/2006: afiggatt: WMAR-DT is working on getting the equipment needed to show Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy in HDTV. Looks to be available in a few weeks.
- 10/3/2006: dg28: WDCA-DT has fixed their HDTV problem and is finally showing MyNetwork programming in HD.
- 9/16/2006: Clubdeluxe: Fox Owned WTTG-DT (Fox5) & WDCA-DT (My20) have started broadcasting from their new (and higher) antennas.
- 9/16/2006: dipdewdog: Comcast in D.C. has added MHD (MTV HD) to its lineup. INHD2 persists also.
- 9/13/2006: kenrowe: Verizon and Montgomery County have finally reached a FiOS TV franchise agreement. No word on when service will become available.
- 9/12/2006: Cyclone: WNVC-DT and WNVT-DT both now have programming on their MHz3 & MHz4 channels. These had been banners before.
- 9/6/2006: SJKurtzke: NBC O&O WRC-DT will be producing local news in HDTV "soon" according to a Broadcast and Cable article. WTTG-DT Fox5 is also rumoured to be going HDTV "soon".
- 9/6/2006: Cyclone: MyNetwork launched last night on the former UPN affiliates of WDCA and WUTB. The HDTV launch on WDCA My20 was a bust with the signal having to be switched to SD after the HD audio was pure static. WUTB remains SD only and stretched their image.
- 9/2/2006: various: WDCW-DT's The Tube has begun to appear on numerous Cable Networks.
- 9/2/2006 :afiggatt: WDCA-DT has switched from 1080i to 720p for its HDTV format. The station will be changing from UPN to MyNetwork network affilations soon.
- 9/1/2006: SJKurtzke: WETA-DT has changed from running 1 HD + 1 SD channel during prime time and 4 SD sub-channels during non-primetime to running 1 HD and 3 SD channels full time. Expect HD picture quality to never be the same again.
- 8/23/2006: afiggatt: WDCW-DT has added "The Tube" on ch 50.2 on its Digital signal.
- 8/16/2006 Cyclone: Dish Network has added Food-HD to its HD lineup.
- 8/6/2006: JohnG: Millennium has added ESPN2-HD to its lineup.
- 8/1/2006: jsh5771: DirecTV has added Comcast Sports Net's HDTV channel to its line up. CSN-HD is on ch 629. Which oddly is the same number as the SD channel. There are two 629s at this time.
- 7/27/2006: SJKurtzke: DirectTV has added WDCA-DT to its HD Line up. This station will be an affiliate of the new "My Network" starting in the fall.
- 7/10/2006: dg28: DirectTV has announced that they will begin to carry Comcast Sports Net Mid-Atlantic's HDTV channel in August. DirectTV also now offers Baltimore Locals in HDTV.
- 7/2/2006: Steve_AA_Co_MD: Finally WDCA-DT has gone to full strength. This is the final hold out of a top station in the Metro area. Only Howard University WHUT-DT is absent from the airwaves.
- 7/1/2006: Marcus Carr: Comcast in Baltimore reports that WNUV-DT's 54.2 "The Tube" will be added to its lineup.
- 6/15/2006: CuseHokie: Cox in Herdon has added MHD & WDCW-DT to their HD Lineup today.
- 6/9/2006: Cyclone: Dish Network has added National Geographic HD, NFL-HD, HGTV-HD, and Starz-HD to their lineup today.
- 6/9/2006: Marcus Carr: ESPN2-HD has beed added to numerous Comcast systems today. Just in time for the begining of the World Cup. Ch 253.
- 6/8/2006: GoIrish: Comcast reports that it will be adding ESPN2-HD for Comcast customers in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Harford County and Howard County. They should have ESPN2-HD by 8:00 p.m. tonight. Channel 253.
- 5/9/2006: markbulla: WNUV-DT has removed the 54.3 sub-channel from their broadcast stream. The tube remain on its new home at 54.2.
- 5/4/2006: mdviewer25: WBDC has changed their call letters to reflect their new affilation. They are now WDCW.
- 5/2/2006: markbulla: The Tube has been moved from 54.3 to 54.2 (along with some of the bandwidth), and WBFF-DT has put their "Good TV" programming on 45.2. If everything pans out, 54.3 will be removed.
- 5/2/2006: ht-movie-guy: Verizon has added NatGeo-HD, HDNet, and MTV-HD to their Fios TV lineup.
- 4/28/2006: markbulla: FOX45 in Baltimore will launch new programming on 45.2 in the format of "Good TV". They will cease with SD digital simulcast. Also sister station WB54 will drop its SD simulcast and bump "The Tube" over to 54.2 and shutdown 54.3. Changes to occur on Monday. Its reported that Comcast in the Balt region will carry the WBFF-DT channel.
- 4/18/2006: Cyclone: Dish Network has moved Baltimore SD locals from the 105 Super Dish slot to the Dish500 110 slot. DC area customers can now get EPG info for Baltimore OTA channels.
- 3/16/2006: Marcus Carr: Verizon's FIOS TV is now available in Howard County, MD. This is the first area in MD where FIOS TV is available.
- 3/9/2006: kenrowe: WB50 will be adding "The Tube" this summer.
- 3/8/2006: Cyclone: NBC 4 has continued to carry DD5.1 now that olympics have concluded. So hopefully this is permanent.
- 2/28/2006: Cyclone: Washington HD Locals have been spotted on Dish Network's 61.5 satellite. No word yet on their availability. Seen: NBC4, Fox5, ABC7, & CBS9.
- 2/27/2006: euckersw: Comcast has removed Universal-HD from its lineups now that the 2006 Winter Olympics have concluded. Except in Anapolis where its still available for some reason.
- 2/17/2006: Cyclone: DirectTV has added TNT-HD to their lineup. Ch 75.
- 2/8/2006: Marcus Carr: Comcast has added Universal-HD just in time for the Olympics. This may be a temp channel, and its pre-empting INHD2 in some areas.
- 2/6/2006: fmsjr: WMAR-DT's sub-channels are back on the air.
- 2/1/2006: Cyclone: Dish Network has added ESPN2-HD, Universal-HD, and 5 new Voom channels to their HD lineup. Bad news is that it requires: A new Pricing tier, Replacement of your HD STB with a new MPEG-4 STB, and if you lease... a 18 month commitment.
- 2/1/2006: drkashner: WMAR-DT has both of its sub-channels 2.2 & 2.3 off the air.
- 1/24/2006: someone CBS and WB have announced that they will be merging the UPN and WB networks into a single network to be called "CW". Tribune owned WB50 will the DC affiliate for this new CW network. No word on what will happen in Baltimore, or what will happen to Fox owned WDCA UPN 20.
- 1/23/2006: Cyclone ESPN-HD and ESPN2-HD have switched from SRS surround sound to DD5.1.
- 1/17/2005: HDBeat: MTV-HD has launched on certain Verizon and Cox cable systems in California and Florida.
- 1/3/2006: Marcus Carr: Howard County has granting permission to Verizon to offer Fios TV service. Hopefully the dominos will fall fast in MD.
- 1/1/2006: BillyJB: Millinium has swapped CBS HD affiliates. Baltimore's WJZ-DT has been dropped in favor of Washington's WUSA-DT. Considering that WUSA produces all of their local news and studio shows in HD, this is good news for Millinium customers.
- 12/21/2005: cawgijoe: First reported installation of DirectTV's local HDTV channel hardware. Looks good. post.
- 12/20/2005: dt_dc: Cox in Va has added WRC-DT's Weather plus to its lineup as ch 803.
- 12/8/2005: Cyclone: DirecTV is now offering Local Washington D.C. HDTV channels via its satellites. NBC-4, FOX-5, ABC-7, and CBS-9 are now available. Customers will need have a DirecTV MPEG-4 compatible HDTV receiver as well as one of DirectTV's new 5 LNB Satellite Dishes to receive these channels.
- 12/6/2005: BillyJB: Millennium Cable has added WMPT-DT (HD & Sub-channels) digital programming to their lineup.
- 11/23/2005: Mark Bulla: WNUV-DT has pulled the AccuWeather.com feed from 54.2. It is now a SD simulcast of 54.1.
- 11/23/2005: kenrowe: Ken posted a link to a pdf containing Verizon's Herdon FiOS TV lineup.
- 11/19/2005: dg28: DirectTV has announced that they will carry the Washington D.C. locals in HD in December.
- 11/19/2005: Cyclone: Verizon FiOS TV is now available in Herdon, Va according to this article in the Wash Post.
- 10/17/2005: DCRTV: Comcast in Baltimore has added WBAL-DT's Weather Plus to their lineup. Ch 208.
- 10/15/2005: ZIZ3259: Millennium Cable has added WBAL-DT's Weather Plus to their lineup. Ch 400.
- 10/12/5: Hoopnoop: Adephia in Loudon County has added WETA-HD ch 726 to its HDTV lineup.
- 10/11/05: CuseHokie: COX in Northern VA has added TNT-HD as ch 714.
- 9/29/2005: DCRTV: RCN (ie formerly Starpower) has a deal to add WBDC-DT WB50 to their HDTV lineup.
- 9/9/2005: Cyclone: Verizon has released their Fios TV Lineup for Keller, TX. It includes the following HDTV channels: TNT-HD, ESPN-HD, ESPN2-HD, NFL-HD, HDNet, HDNet Movies, Universal-HD, Discovery HD Theater, Wealth-HD, HBO-HD, SHO-HD, MAX-HD, Starz-HD, & TMC-HD. It also included local HD network affiliates too.
- 9/8/2005: Cyclone: DirectTV has added ESPN2-HD to its HDTV lineup as ch 72.
- 9/3/2005: gary michaels: WHUT-DT was spotted testing. Will the final analog-only TV station in the DC market go Digital soon? Looks like it.
- 9/2/2005: Cyclone: WBAL-DT has changed their 11.2 sub-channel to NBC's Weather Plus format.
- 9/2/2005: Cyclone: Dish Network has added the HDTV NFL channel to its lineup as ch 9464. It is not a full time channel and will time share with HD-PPV.
- 9/1/2005: markbulla: WNUV-DT has added sub-channel 54.3 to its line up. It a music video channel called "The Tube".
- 9/1/2005: Marcus Carr: WBAL-DT has stopped stretching their digital signal and now uses Gray side bars like WJZ, WBFF, & WNUV.
- 8/31/2005: Marcus Carr: Comcast in Baltimore city has added WNUV-DT (ch 214) to their HDTV lineup.
- 8/29/2005: Peter A Dionne: WNUV-DT has started a Weather channel on 54.2 with a very low bitrate. Mark Bulla hints that a cool surprise is coming soon to 54.3 too.
- 8/29/2005: mjones73: CBS premiered Late Night with David Letterman in HDTV last night.
- 8/21/2005: Marcus Carr: Comcast in Baltimore has added The NFL Network in HDTV on channel 254.
- 8/16/2005: Cyclone: ESPN2-HD will begin on DirecTV on September 6th. Also ABC will not have HDTV during the period of Aug 23rd - 26th due to network upgrades.
- 8/15/2005: KenH: CBS will premier Late Night with David Letterman in HDTV next Monday Aug 29th.
- 8/7/2005: whjeffs: Millinium now offers the Dual Tuner 6412 HDTV DVRs.
- 8/5/2005: MrMike6by9: Comcast in Baltimore County has announced that they will carry WB54 WNUV-DT begining on Aug 31st.
- 7/23/2005: gary michaels: WRC-DT has the sub-channel 4.3 on the air. No programming on the channel though. Some material was spotted during the testing. The sub-channel was later removed.
- 7/19/2005: dneily: Comcast in P.G. County has finally added TNT-HD to its lineup.
- 6/30/3005: Marcus Carr: Comcast in Baltimore city has moved their HD channels in the lineup. They have also added WMAR's Digital WeatherNet.
- 6/14/2005: jgantert: Comcast in Howard County has added WMAR-DT's Weather Net channel to its lineup.
- 5/23/2005: BillJB: Starz-HD is now available on Millenium Cable. Must call to activate.
- 5/18/2005: jgantert: Comcast in Howard Co. has swapped Fox5 for Fox45. Baltimore area Comcast system which had carried Fox5 in HD during the negotiations with Sinclair appear to be replacing them with Fox45 now that a agreement is in place. Annapolis reports to currently have both.
- 5/14/2005: Steve_AA_Co_MD: WFDC-DT 14.1 (on UHF 15) is now on the air.
- 5/9/2005: f44: Comcast in Montgomery County MD has added TNT-HD.
- 5/3/2005: JoeInNVa, afiggatt & zurchguy: Comcast in Arlington, Alexandria, Prince William and Reston have added TNT-HD to their lineups. Ch 249.
- 5/2/2005: jerwin: MPT has re-numbered their sub-channels moving the Main MPT channel to x.1, the HD to x.2, and the others to the remaining x.3, x.4, & x.5.
- 5/2/2005: Cyclone: WUSA-DT begins the D.C. Area's first HDTV local newscast. WUSA-DT is one of only a handful of local TV stations nationwide to produce local news in HDTV.
- 5/2/2005: Foxbat121: COX after a quick tease, has included WETA-DT to its HDTV lineup along with the daytime two SD sub-channels.
- 5/1/2005: Cyclone: Dish Network has added 10 of Voom's 21 HDTV channels to their lineup, while the Voom DBS service has now gone off the air. The Voom channels will be available to other DBS and Cable system as well.
- 4/30/2005: bullwinklehdtv: Not HDTV, but DirectTV has added MASN to its lineup to provide Nats games.
- 4/29/2005: Cyclone: Dish Network has announced that they will begin to carry 10 of the former Voom exclusive channels starting on Sunday May 1st. The VoOm DBS service is scheduled to shutdown at the end of April.
- 4/26/2005: tahoerob: Adelphia in Winchester has added Cinemax-HD, ESPN2-HD, DiscoveryHD, and the NFL-HD channels.
- 4/26/2005: Cyclone: NBC premiered Conan O'Brien in HDTV tonight.
- 4/26/2005: rshear: COX in Fairfax has added WETA-DT PBS to its HDTV lineup, and then pulled them later that night. This had included the HD channel as well as the 3 SD sub-channels.
- 4/25/2005: f44: WUSA has a "Coming in 7 Days" banner for their HDTV newscasts on their site.
- 4/22/2005: Marcus Carr: Comcast in Baltimore City (and Howard County) have added TNT-HD to their lineups.
- 4/21/2005: Bill Johnson: WJLA-DT & WUSA-DT are back on the air and with very strong signal strengths.
- 4/21/2005: Cyclone: Comcast is buying up Adelphia in the area west of DC. Unknown as this time what changes this will bring. Time Warner will also get some of Adelphia, but its likely to be outside of the Balt/DC market.
- 4/21/2005: robertforsyth: Installation work on the WJLA-DT/WUSA-DT tower appears to have been completed. The WJLA-DT signal may return to the air tonight at low power to shake out the new equipment. If all checks out, the stations could be back at full strength as early as tomorrow evening.
- 4/16/2005: Cyclone: WJLA-DT & WUSA-DT are now off the air while a new combiner (to allow WETA-DT & WHUT-DT to share the tower) is installed. The two stations will be off the air for several days. Comcast has a fiber feed for WJLA & WUSA, so their customers will be Ok. Not sure if any of the other cable companies have fiber feeds also.
- 4/15/2005: sgtjim: Comcast in Southern MD sent out a message that WMAR-DT's Weather radar will appear in the lineup as Ch 204 on May 14th.
- 4/12/2005: robertforsyth: WJLA-DT and WUSA-DT will be off the air starting Apr 16 for about 7 - 12 days. This is due to the work of installing a new combiner which will allow WETA-DT and WHUT-DT to be broadcast from the same tower. The signals will have to be down during the entire time. WETA-DT is currently broadcast at lowish power from a tower in Arlington, while WHUT-DT is not currently on the air.
- 4/12/2005: bullwinklehdtv: MASN (Mid Atlantic Sports Network), home of the Nationals has its name listed in the DirecTV channel lineup as Ch 626. Not HD and not yet available to customers.
- 4/8/2005: Cyclone: Cablevision has announced that it will discontinue the VoOm HDTV heavy DBS satellite service at the end of April.
- 4/7/2005: Marcus Carr: Both WUSA-DT and WJZ-DT CBS affiliates will be showing coverage of the Masters on Thur/Friday on their HDTV channels only. Their SD channels will have normal programing. SD Masters coverage in on the USA Network.
- 3/30/2005: tahoerob: Adelphia in Winchester now has the SA 8300HD HDTV DVR available.
- 3/26/2005: Marcus Carr: WBFF and WNUV have added gray side bars to their 4:3 broadcasts. WJZ appears to have darkened their gray pillars.
- 3/16/2005: Marcus Carr: Comcast has returned Sinclair owned Fox45 to its HDTV lineup. Sinclair's WB affiliates are to be included later on this year.
- 3/15/2005: fmsjr: Millennium Cable has added WB54 to its HDTV lineup as ch 403.
- 3/8/2005: Cyclone: WTTG-DT has made another PSIP change. This appears to correct the tuning/mapping problems that many people have had since the begining of February.
- 3/7/2005: zafar: Cox Cable in Fairfax appears to have added StarZ-HD to their lineup. ch 714.
- 3/3/2005: dg28: Gannett owned WUSA-DT CBS 9 in D.C. has announced that they will begin broadcasting their local news in HDTV soon. Sister station KUSA-DT in Denver currently does local news in HDTV.
- 3/1/2005: TahoeRob: Voom has given its 4 week notice. The HDTV heavy DBS service may discontinue service at the end of March. Efforts are underway to save it.
- 2/23/2005: GoIrish: Sinclair has pulled Fox45's HDTV channel from Comcast's HD lineup. It was added just a few week ago for the Superbowl.
- 2/18/2005: joblo: The DC/Balt area stations have decided on which VHF/UHF frequencies they will likely use after the Analog signals are shut off. Check in this post for details. Looks like we will need a VHF antenna for 7, 9, 11, & 13.
- 2/4/2005: GoIrish: Comcast Balitmore adds Sinclair owned WBFF-DT Fox45 to its HDTV lineup just in time for this weekend's Superbowl. It can be found on channel 213.
- 2/3/2005: Cyclone: Since FCC mandated PSIP changes took effect on Feb 1st, Dish Network 811 & 6000 along with some other brand ATSC tuners have had problems with WTTG-DT. Contact them if you are experiencing this to let them know of this problem.
- 1/28/2005: Cyclone: ABC has decided to pull the plug on ABC News Now. It is now off the air. WMAR-DT's 2.2 has returned to the SD 480i broadcast. WJLA-DT has launched Weather Now on 7.2. This appears to be much like WRC's Weather Plus specializing in local weather content.
- 1/20/2005: f44: Comcast has added WRC-DT's NBC Weather Plus to its digital cable lineup as ch 227.
- 1/17/2005: Cyclone: NBC Weather Plus has been localized on WRC-DT's 4.2. Washington weather is now shown frequently on the L-Bar, and Bob Ryan video updates loop regularly in the video pane.
- 1/10/2005: zafar: WJLA-DT's DD5.1 encoder is now active.
- 1/6/2005: Cyclone: ESPN2-HD launched today. Agreements in place for DirectTV & Adelphia systems, but not yet in the channel lineups.
- 1/6/2005: Cyclone: DirectTV announced that Washington D.C. will be among their 12 initial HDTV local markets to launch in the 2nd half of this year.
- 1/3/2005: Cyclone: WRC-DT's Weather Plus sub-channel is now active on 4.2. Also after a year plus, WRC-DT's PSIP ID is now fixed from "CH1" back to "WRC-DT".
- 12/31/2004: Cyclone: DirectTV adds ABC's NYC & LA HDTV feeds to their distant network offering. Neither Washington nor Baltimore are ABC O&O markets, so not many people around here are going to qualify for these channels.
- 12/30/2004: BillinVA: WRC-DT has been spotted broadcasting a 4.2 Weather sub-channel today. It was later withdrawn from testing.
- 12/20/2004: Cyclone: Direct TV now carries FOX-HD East & West. WTTG-DT is a Fox O&O so some people around here should qualify for it.
- 12/17/2004: FlipFantastic: COX in Fairfax has added UNI-HD to its HD line up.
- 12/16/2004: Mad Maximus: Comcast in Montgomery County now has the Dual Tuner HDTV DVR in stock. The remote is missing the "swap button" though.
- 12/13/2004: aaronwt: CBS airs the Primetime Drama CSI:Miami in DD5.1 for the first time tonight. Both WUSA and WJZ carried it correctly in DD5.1. I still wonder why NBC O&O WRC-DT can't do the same.
- 12/3/2004: asterix2112: COX in Fairfax will begin carrying Universal-HD on Dec 15th, and on Jan 1st Discovery HD Theater will become part of the HD package instead of requiring its own subscription. Update: according to Devin, its Uni-HD is already available.
- 12/2/2004: robertforsyth: WJLA-DT has received their DD5.1 Equipment, look for the DD5.1 indicator on your A/V receiver sometime next week. Update: Robert has posted a pic of their installed DD5.1 encoder in this post
- 11/30/2004: PaulGo: Comcast announced today that they are now offering HDTV OnDemand for the DC metro area. This includes HD programs & PPV movies that range from $4 to $6 per 24hr viewing.
- 11/29/2004: Cyclone: The NBA-TV HDTV channel now appears to available to all HD package subscribers Dish Network (ch 9466).
- 11/16/2004: TimothyP: Comcast in Baltimore now offers the Motorola model 6412 Dual Tuner HDTV DVR.
- 11/16/2004: tahoerob: Adelphia in Winchester, VA has added the HD+ tier of channels like Loudoun, VA and Frederick, MD.
- 11/16/2004: DCRTV: DCRTV is reporting that NBC Owned WRC will be launching a 24/7 Weather Channel on cable systems and as a sub-channel on their digital signal within 90 days.
- 11/15/2004: Cyclone: WB50 will air six Wizards games in HDTV this season. See this post for the schedule.
- 11/10/2004: Pyrr: Adelphia in Frederick adds the HD+ channels (HBO-HD, ESPN-HD, INHD, & INHD2) to its lineup and matches up with what they just rolled out in Loudoun county.
- 11/8/2004: leesweet: Lee eports in this post that UPN 20 likely will not have their digital signal up to full strength until mid 2006.
- 11/8/2004: pigatc: Adelphia in Loudoun County, VA has activated their HD+ package. This includes: NBC4, FOX5, ABC7, CBS9, ESPN-HD, INHD & INHD2, HDNet, HDNet Movies, HBO-HD, SHO-HD, & Starz-HD.
- 11/7/2004: Cyclone: The WB network initiated DD5.1 tonight with the Network Premier of Lord of the Rings. Looked and sounded great on WB54. WB50 however went dark during the broadcast. WB50 does appear to have DD5.1 enabled full time now on their Digital channel, even when the broadcast material isn't DD5.1. Just like WB54 does.
- 11/5/2004: pigatc: Adelphia in Loudoun County, VA has added WTTG-DT Fox5 ch 705.
- 10/28/2004: robertforsyth: WJLA ABC 7 has ordered their DD5.1 encoder and it will hopefully arrive and be active by the end of next week. Update: on backorder, end of year more likely.
- 10/15/2004: Cyclone: Dish Network's model 811 HDTV STB with firmware Rev 2.81 now supports the EPG for OTA channels.
- 10/7/2004: pigatc: Adelphia in Loudoun County, VA has added WJLA-DT ABC 7 ch 707 and HBO-HD ch 750.
- 9/28/2004: Cyclone: WFPT-DT 62.x Frederick's MPT affiliate returned to the airwaves today.
- 9/22/2004: dg28: WB54 in Baltimore began broadcasting HDTV & DD5.1 tonight.
- 9/19/2004: Cyclone: WB50 has dropped their 50.2 sub channel. There is only the 50.1 channel now. At one point in time, WB50 had 50.1, 50.2, 75.1, & 75.1 channels all running at the same time. Each was a identical copy of the same single program.
- 9/16/2004: Cyclone: DirectTV has added NBC-HD to its HDTV offerings. WRC NBC4 is an NBC O&O station, but you will need a waiver from WBAL if you are within their Grade A or B range. Check the DirectTV Eligibility website for qualifications & costs.
- 9/15/2004: JoeInNVa: Comcast in Alexandria has added Discovery HD Theater to its HD lineup. Ch 205.
- 9/14/2004: Cyclone: WB54 has added a HD subchannel. 54.2 has appeared running 1080i. Its showing SD programming at this time though.
- 9/12/2004: Cyclone: The Fox Network switched from EDTV to HDTV today. Both Fox affiliates carried the HDTV programming.
- 9/8/2003: Cyclone: WFPT-DT has gone off the air. Other MPT stations are still on the air.
- 9/8/2004: Cyclone: Sinclair owned WBFF-DT Fox45 in Baltimore broadcasts Fox Widescreen & DD5.1 for the first time tonight. Looks like they're ready for HDTV this weekend.
- 9/3/2004: steeler: WNUV-DT WB54 & WBFF-DT Fox45 in Baltimore have gone to full power.
- 9/3/2004: dt_dc: COX cable in Fairfax has added WTTG-DT Fox 5 to its lineup just in time for the start of the NFL season.
- 9/2/2003: Cyclone: The FOX network aired Big Momma's house in DD5.1. This was the first Fox movie ever with DD5.1. Update: It appears that all Fox network programming will have DD5.1 activated. Content will be DD5.1 simulated if not native.
- 8/31/2004: kenrowe: Comcast in Mont County has added WBDC-DT WB50 & Discovery HD Theater today.
- 8/30/2004: Cyclone: DirectTV has added BravoHD+ to their HD package today.
- 8/28/2004: Cyclone: Frederick MPT station WFPT-DT Digital 62.x (UHF 28) has gone on the air today.
- 8/28/2004: Wreckless: Adelphia in Frederick has added WTTG-DT FOX5 to its HD lineup.
- 8/18/2004: johnqpixel: Fox5 Washington WTTG-DT has shown up on Howard County's Comcast Digital lineup.
- 8/13/2004: Cyclone: The Olympics opened tonight. WRC-DT 4.1 premiered DD5.1 while WBAL-DT 11.1 HDTV & 11.2 SD remained with DD2.0 audio. The Olympics in HDTV are also available on Dish Network, DirectTV, and Voom with special NBC-HD feeds.
- 8/12/2004: xbgamer: WRC-DT was spotted transmitting DD5.1 tonight. More Olympic preparations?
- 8/12/2004: BillyJB: Millenium Cable in Anne Arundel county has added Baltimore ABC, NBC, CBS, & FOX channels to their HDTV lineup today. Just in time for the Olympic Coverage.
- 8/4/2004: steeler: WBAL-DT has started a 480i sub-channel 11.2. This will likely be used for the SD Olympic feed while 11.1 carries the separate 24hr delay 1080i HDTV Olympic feed from NBC.
- 7/30/2004: Devin Clancy: StarPower cable has added Cinemax-HD & Starz-HD to their HDTV lineup.
- 7/30/2004: Scott R. Scherr: Reports are that Fox45 may be installing their new FOX splicer soon. Also WNUV-DT WB54 in Balt will likely go Full Power, HDTV, and DD5.1 next Month.
- 7/29/2004: Andun: Comcast in Montgomery County adds a HDTV InDemand PPV channel to its lineup as HDPPV Ch 195 or Ch 185. Note: This was just be for that weekend's Mike Tyson fight.
- 7/26/2004: jeffthurmont: Fox 45 WBFF-DT appears to be HD/ED 720p capable today. There is a 45.1 and a 45.2 subchannel. They did not however show Fox Widescreen programming tonight.
- 7/26/2004: Cyclone: WMAR-DT launches the ABC News Now Political coverage on their 2.2 subchannel a few hours after WJLA-DT.
- 7/26/2004: Cyclone: WJLA-DT launches the ABC News Now Political channel on their 7.2 subchannel.
- 7/24/2004: steeler: WUSA-DT steps up and has put their Live Doppler 9000 radar feed up on a new 9.2 sub channel to fill the void created while WJLA-DT has their feed offline for political coverage. WUSA-DT had last used 9.2 for election coverage back in November of 2002.
- 7/23/2004: Cyclone: WJLA-DT has stopped their Super Doppler feed on 7.2 and has put a banner announcing that starting Monday at noon, that they will begin airing the ABC News Now political channel on 7.2. This channel is due to run through the 2004 Presdential election. This channel will be carried by numerous cable providers in the region.
- 7/21/2004: Pyrr: Adelphia in Frederick MD has begun HDTV service. WRC-DT NBC 4, WUSA-DT CBS9, SHO-HD, Starz-HD, HDNet, & HDNet Movies are now available.
- 6/30/2004: dneily: Comcast in P.G. County has added WB50's HDTV station as channel 184 to their lineup today.
- 6/16/2004: pg12204: Discovery HD Theater has begun to appear Comcast systems today. Baltimore, Hardford, and Howard counties.
- 6/13/2004: Cyclone: The WJLA-DT trouble continues. This time for Game 4 of the NBA finals. The signal is fluctuating so bad that no one can tune it in. Comcast's signal for WJLA-DT is also down. The fun begins with this post.
- 6/10/2004: Cyclone: WJLA-DT has trouble again. Their Picture is frozen again this week for about an hour ruining the begining of 2nd NBA final game this week. Lucky are folks who can get WMAR-DT.
- 6/8/2004: JafCo: WJLA-DT is at it again, Tonight's NBA Final game was a frozen screen for the first part of the second half. When it did return it was in SD for a while.
- 6/4/2004: JBlacklow: WTTG-DT aired "Cats and Dogs" in 720p tonight. It was still a 480p copy, but it appears that FOX 5 is now HDTV capable.
- 6/4/2004: Foxbat121: COX now offers CableCard Service for $2.50/mo. here
- 5/21/2004: Cyclone: TNT-HD lauched today. Carriage by Dish Network and Voom. Not yet available on Local Cable or Direct TV.
- 5/19/2004: Cyclone: D.C. United's soccer game tonight will be in HDTV on both HDNet & Comcast Sport's Net.
- 5/16/2004: Cyclone: Today's Orioles game is on ESPN-HD for Sunday Night Baseball.
- 5/11/2004: steeler: WJLA-DT might have caught on quick. SD is no longer stretched.
- 5/7/2004: Cyclone: WJLA-DT has begun to stretch its SD shows in 7.1. Hopefully, they will learn what WB50 learned and will stop this ugly practice.
- 5/4/2004: Cyclone: WJLA-DT once again had more fun with their 7.2 subchannel. This time showing web surfing in the AM, and tracking UAL200 in the evening. It was fixed in time for the 11pm new's weather segment.
- 4/30/2004: Cyclone: VoOm has added ESPN-HD to their HD Lineup.
- 4/20/2004: zebras23: Comcast in Arlington has added WBDC-DT WB50's HDTV as channel 184 to their Digital Lineup.
- 4/15/2004: DCRTV: COX to add WETA-DT to its digital cable lineup.
- 4/10/2004: Cyclone: D.C. United vs L.A. MLS Soccer is on HDNet tonight. They play on HDNet again on May 19th, and July 14th.
- 4/10/2004: ND40oz: Millennium Cable serving North Anne Arundel County has begun HD service. 4 Channels; HBO, SHO, MAX, and ESPN-HD.
- 4/10/2004: mfranke: COX in NoVa will have their 8000HD DVR available on May 3rd.
- 4/6/2003: Cyclone: It appears that NBC ran a DD5.1 test in NYC on Sunday's broadcast of American Dreams. Will that come to DC/Baltimore anytime soon?
- 4/5/2004: LewisD: Comcast Sports Network HD (CSN-HD) has been added to StarPower channel lineups on Channel 168.
- 4/5/2004: vbjeff: WBAL-DT has now resumed HDTV broadcasting. They had reverted to SD for a few months while replacing equipment.
- 4/2/2004: Cyclone: The Orioles TV schedule has been posted. Most games on Comcast Sports Network will be in HDTV. The Sunday May 16th Game on ESPN will be in HD on ESPN-HD. There are also a few games on FOX. SD broadcasts will also been seen on WJZ 13, WDCA 20, & WNUV 54.
- 3/30/2004: BruceL: WUSA-DT has stated that they will broadcast the HDTV USA Network Coverage of the Masters Golf Tourn.
- 3/21/2004: aaronwt: WJLA-DT strikes yet again. This time Alias is shown in SD and again, the frozen picture of a Carival cruise ship is seen.
- 3/18/2004: Banal: WJLA-DT Frozen screen: During ABC's Kingdom Hospital, The picture was frozen with the 4:3 SD shot of a Carnival Cruise ship commerical. The audio was till working. The first 15 minutes of the show were fine. here
- 3/10/2004: Scott G: VoOm has announced that they are adding Encore-HD to their lineup when it launches on March 22nd.
- 2/18/2004: Cyclone: VoOm has added HBO-HD East & West and Cinemax-HD East and West to their HD Lineup.
- 2/18/2004: various: Death of the Bugs. It has been noted that WTTG-DT, WMAR-DT, & WUSA-DT have all stopped putting station id bugs on their screens 24/7. These bugs had only occured on their Digital stations, and were not present on their analog stations. WJZ-DT and WBAL-DT still have their bugs up full time. Update: WUSA-DT still shows their bug momentarily when returning from comercial breaks, and WMAR-DT's bug is back.
- 2/7/2004: mrtwister: WJLA-DT is now reportly airing its Super Doppler Radar on subchannel 7.2.
- 1/28/2004: RalphArch: Comcast in Montgomery County is now offering an HD DVR for $9.95/mo.
- 1/21/2004: DaveST: COX in Fairfax has added WUSA-DT CBS to its HDTV lineup as channel 709.
- 1/21/2004: Cyclone: Maryland and Duke play Men's Basketball tonight on ESPN-HD at 9pm.
- 1/20/2004: Cyclone: The State of the Union Address was presented tonight on the Major Neworks in HDTV for the first time.
- 1/13/2004: raidbuck & mfranke: Both WTTG Fox5 DC and WBFF Fox45 Baltimore have sent emails out stating that they intend to broadcast HDTV this fall.
- 1/4/2004: Cyclone: Today's Wizards game on WB50 is in HDTV.
- 12/21/2003: Tahoerob: WRC-DT is now correctly mapping to 4.1, but their station id is now CH1 instead of WRC-DT. Wonder how long before they fix it.
- 12/21/2003: Cyclone: Comcast has added CBS Owned and Operated WJZ-DT Channel 13 in Baltimore to their Baltimore HDTV area line ups.
- 12/8/2003: carltonrice: WB50 Digital is off the air. So if you can't detect their signal, its not just you. Note, it returned to the air at 8:05pm on 12/9..
- 11/28/2003: bughunt: INHD & INHD2 are to be added to Cox in VA's lineup starting on Dec 1st. Also ESPN-HD will be part of the HD package and not a separate fee.
- 11/22/2003: Caps vs FL. Panther's game in HDTV on WB50. Next week the Wizards are in HDTV on WB50.
- 11/21/2003: JoeInVa: Cinemax-HD is now reported to be on Comcast channel 318 in Alexandria Va.
- 11/19/2003: tahoerob: WJLA-DT is now running a 7.2 sub channel. I was able to tune it in, but I don't see anything on there.
- 11/4/2003: SonomaSearcher: It is being reported that the Terps basketball game on 12/6 BB&T Classic will be carried on HDNet. I don't know what blackouts might apply.
- 11/4/2003 : WA2CHI: WNVT-DT UHF 30 is now on the air. 4 sub channels, might be the same as the other MHz WNVC-DT on UHF 57.
- 10/31/2003: kenrowe: Comcast in Montgomery County has finally added WTTG-DT Fox5 to its line up on Channel 183.
- 10/25/2003: Cyclone: Something has happened over at WRC-DT. Their PSIP encoder must be broken since they are now tuning in at 48.1 instead of the normal 4.1. They transmit on UHF 48 and PSIP remaps it normally to 4.1.
- 10/16/2003: Cyclone: WB50 has provided us with a schedule for their HD broadcasts of the Wizards and the Capitals games that they will carry.
Capitals: 11/8, 11/22, 01/01, 01/31, & 2/21 Wizards: 11/29 & 01/04
- 10/16/2003: Cyclone: ESPN-HD had a leak on their HD schedule and they showed that the University of MD Terps will have two HDTV games. 12/10 vs Florida & 1/21 vs Duke
- 10/15/2003: Cyclone: WDCA-DT UPN20 will not have HDTV ready for UPN's HDTV Premier tonight. They will have the HD equipment ready Thursday however. Expect a DC UPN HD Premier next Wednesday Oct 22nd. A HD movie "Double Take" is supposed to air on Oct 24th. No word on their intentions to increase the wattage of their broadcast.
- 10/11/2003: dg28: The Washington Caps game was carried in HDTV by WB50. No DD5.1 this time. I'm going to try to get a listing of WB50 HDTV Sport events if I can.
- 10/8/2003: joblo: Looks like WNVC-DT 57 is on the air. This appears to add 4 sub channels. No word on any High Definition broadcasts.
- 9/16/2003: Cyclone: The weekends Redskins game vs the Patriots will be the CBS HDTV game of the week.
- 9/16/2003: Cyclone: DishNetwork launches their HDTV package today. Included are ESPN-HD, DiscoveryHD Theater, HDNet, & HDNet Movies for $9.99/mo.
- 9/15/2003: Cyclone: INHD & INHD2 have been added to Comcast's HDTV lineup.
- 9/9/2003: Cyclone: I noticed new Multicast sub channels on MPT. Three new SD sub channels appear to have been added.
- 9/8/2003: Cyclone: Dish Network has announced a new HDTV package. It includes HDNet, HDNet Movies, Discovery HD Theater, and ESPN-HD for $9.99/mo.
- 8/27/2003: maximu360: It is being reported that WTTG-DT FOX 5 Digital Station has been added to the Comcast Digital Lineup. Also InHD has also been added.
- 8/11/2003: CycloneGT: FYI: The Redskins openning game will be on ABC on Thursday September 4th in HDTV. This will be a home game against the Jets at FedEx field. Note: All ABC Monday Night Football games will be HDTV this year. CBS will have one game a week in HD. ESPN will have their Sunday night games in HD. FOX will have two of their Sunday games in EDTV.
- 7/25/2003: DCRTV: ESPN-HD has been added to the Comcast HD Lineup in Montgomery County. Expect it to be added to other Comcast areas quickly, possibly even today.
- 7/25/2003 : Dish Network announces that it will carry the CART Road America Race on HDNet on its Events channel. DirectTV users already have HDNet. No word yet from the Cable MSOs.
- 7/14/2003 : Dish Network Tech Chat reveals that all new HDTV channels (including HDNet & HDNet Movies) from Dish Network will require a new SuperDish satellite Dish. This dish will likely not be available until this fall.
- 7/13/2003 jeffthurmont: WMPB-DT MPT in Baltimore was spotted transmitting on 29. This showed up as 67.1 SD & 67.2 HD. No audio or video was transmitted, just signal. Update: Now transmitting MPT audio & video.
- 7/3/2003 Billodom : WETA-DT HD Showcase has been increased from 8pm - Midnight to 7pm - 6am on Weekdays and 4pm - 4am on Weekends. More HD is good. 26.1 is SD at other times.
- 7/1/2003 CycloneGT : DirectTV Launches HDTV package - ESPN-HD, DiscoveryHD, HDNet Entertainment, HDNet Movies.
- 6/30/2003 Billodom : WMPT-DT 22.2 & 22.6 is now reported to be at full power.
- 6/22/2003 Hampster : WBAL-DT 11 in Baltimore replaced their PSIP Encoder. The station is now on 11.1 instead of 59.1 and it is reported that their PSIP is now displaying program information.
- 6/2/2003 : Star Power launches their HDTV service. Includes several locals, ESPN-HD, Discovery HD Theater, HDNet, HDNet Movies. HBO-HD & SHO-HD are also available via subscriptions to their respective packages
- 5/10/2003 Glenn54: Comcast begins HD service in PG County.
- 4/29/2003 : WMPT-DT is now on 22.2 SD & 22.6 HDTV instead of 80.3.
- 4/12/2003 : WBDC-DT airs a NBA Washington Wizards (in old Bullets uniforms) game in HDTV & DD5.1. It was a Comcast Sports Net production.
- 2/13/2003 Gerald C: WBDC-DT now maps to both 50.1 & 50.2 as well as 75.1 & 75.2 for Dish 6000 users with firmware rev 7.77.
- 2/10/2003 dmbatch: WJLA-DT is now mapped to 7.1 instead of 39.1. Bad news is that 39.2 is gone (color bars)
- 1/1/2003: : WBDC-DT has first HDTV broadcast with the Rose Parade.
- 12/26/2002: : WBDC-DT begins digital broadcasting on 51.
- 11/5/2002: elinter: WDCA-DT UPN20 is broadcasting at very low power. 480i SD only.
- 11/5/2002: cosdog: WUSA-DT is using 9.2 for Election Coverage and 9.1 for regular station programming. Good use of their subchannel. It was removed a few days after the election.
- 11/1/2002: cosdog: WETA-DT 26.x begin multicasting 4 SD sub channels during the day, and reducing to a single HD and single SD channel in the evening.
- 10/26/2002: John_D: WNUV-DT WB54 goes on the air at low power in Baltimore on UHF 40. Only 480i SD programming.
- 10/16/2002: catvjim: Comcast announced that it has launched HDTV programming in the DC area.
- 10/13/2002: albertso: HDTV channels have been spotted on Comcast Mont County's digital lineup.
- 10/2/2002: Hampster: WMPT-DT has increased their transmission power.
- 9/26/2002: carltonrice: WJLA-DT 39.1 begins ABC HDTV programming.
- 9/18/2002: Chuck Linder: WRC-DT has replaced their DTV encoder today. This should fix audio sync problems.
- 5/17/2002: Tim McCune: WETA-DT is on the air at UHF 27.
- 5/3/2002: Hampster: WUTB-DT UPN24 Baltimore has begun broadcasting at low power.
- 3/26/2002: tpfarr: WMPT-DT in Anapolis had begun low power broadcasting. UHF 42, shows up as 80.3.
- 8/1/2001: CBS-HD is now available from Dish Network for those who qualify.