post #121 of 2734 Old 03-26-2007, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by heed316 View Post

How common is it for a channel that my QAM tuner used to pick up just disappear the next day. I had VS/GOLF HD, but a couple days ago the channel just stopped coming in. It doesn't say Scrambled Video like other channels that don't come in, it's just black. I wanted to see the Red Wings game in HD, but the channel is nowhere to be found now...

Comcast could have moved it to a different location, have you tried a rescan?

With UHD, NGCHD, and AE HD coming in the next 8 days, could be that stuff is getting moved around to make room.

If it was moved, it could be at an odd frequency that your QAM tuner just can't pick up. I've seen issues in other threads where QAM channels get moved into the 120s and a persons tuner will only go to 99 or 115.

I've never dealt with QAM, but could have gotten encrypted and you tv may just show a blank screen instead of a channel place and message.

Wings are on VSHD, Pistons are on FSNHD and NBAtv HD, however, NBAtv HD on InHD is getting blacked out.

Good HD sporting evening for Michigan.

Odd question, anybody know if the ESPN networks will be doing the Frozen Four in HD this year? I'm gonna be in Columbus during the finals and want to record them on the DVR.

It's time to give props to WLNS for the HD crawl generator!!!

Now we need WHTV to go HD and Lansing's CW to get a separate transmitter so it isn't a digital sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 2734 Old 03-26-2007, 06:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefbal99 View Post

Odd question, anybody know if the ESPN networks will be doing the Frozen Four in HD this year? I'm gonna be in Columbus during the finals and want to record them on the DVR.

Last time I looked it was not on the schedule as being in HD, I highly doubt that it got added.
post #123 of 2734 Old 03-26-2007, 08:53 PM

Liked: 10
I'm in Lansing, and have noticed over the past couple of weeks that my HD channels, especially when watching sports on the network channels, are really "jittery", meaning it looks like its dropping frames of the picture, though the audio is working fine.

Is this happening to anyone else? The comcast guy said they were doing work on their network which might be why, but its gotten beyond annoying at this point and I'd suspect there's something else wrong. But I thought I'd check on here to see if its happening to anyone else, or if anyone knows what it could be?

Thanks
post #124 of 2734 Old 03-26-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure ESPN2 has the Frozen Four in two weeks.
post #125 of 2734 Old 03-26-2007, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinwiZ View Post

I'm in Lansing, and have noticed over the past couple of weeks that my HD channels, especially when watching sports on the network channels, are really "jittery", meaning it looks like its dropping frames of the picture, though the audio is working fine.

Is this happening to anyone else? The comcast guy said they were doing work on their network which might be why, but its gotten beyond annoying at this point and I'd suspect there's something else wrong. But I thought I'd check on here to see if its happening to anyone else, or if anyone knows what it could be?

Thanks

My buddy at work has complained of the same prob with his Comcast HD. He is very annoyed at this point as well & was going to call Comcast today. I will see him tomorrow & let you know what he was told.

On a completly different note, I currently get all locals in Lansing on an OTA antenna (I have Dish Net & they do not offer Lansing HD locals at this time). Has anyone here had any success changing their local channels on Dish to Detroit, GR, etc? And if so, how did you go about it. No offense to the local affiliates, but they're all lame! And it just so happens I work at one of these lame affiliates! I have posed this question on other forums with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #126 of 2734 Old 03-27-2007, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks

I have no issues, other areas have reported similar issues and if you go into the Motorola box setup and change the default resolution a few times, it seems to clear it up. I'll see if I can find the exact instructions.

Now we need WHTV to go HD and Lansing's CW to get a separate transmitter so it isn't a digital sub.
post #127 of 2734 Old 03-27-2007, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansingHD View Post

On a completly different note, I currently get all locals in Lansing on an OTA antenna (I have Dish Net & they do not offer Lansing HD locals at this time). Has anyone here had any success changing their local channels on Dish to Detroit, GR, etc? And if so, how did you go about it. No offense to the local affiliates, but they're all lame! And it just so happens I work at one of these lame affiliates! I have posed this question on other forums with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard of people doing this with D*, but not E*. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work. If you have online bill pay, no paper bill being sent out, and a family member or friend in the Detroit area whose address you can use. Just call Dish, tell them you've moved, they will prolly push you to let them setup and install your dish, just fight them on that.

post #128 of 2734 Old 03-27-2007, 10:43 AM

Can someone answer me why Channel 6 has the times all messed up on its 11 o'clock news broadcasts? I notice this all the time when i sit down to watch channel 6 news to not have it on. Last night was the first night that i actually remembered what day it was on. The guide from Comcast and OTA said that 11 o'clock news should start at 11, but it didnt, the previous show was still showing.

It really its upsetting im getting into the habit now of just watching channel 10 news, can anyone explain to me why the mess this up?
post #129 of 2734 Old 03-27-2007, 11:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotdog14 View Post

Can someone answer me why Channel 6 has the times all messed up on its 11 o'clock news broadcasts? I notice this all the time when i sit down to watch channel 6 news to not have it on. Last night was the first night that i actually remembered what day it was on. The guide from Comcast and OTA said that 11 o'clock news should start at 11, but it didnt, the previous show was still showing.

It really its upsetting im getting into the habit now of just watching channel 10 news, can anyone explain to me why the mess this up?

If you are talking about Sunday night CBS NCAA basketball ran over. CBS never preempts 60 minutes so the whole network was running 38 minutes behind schedule through prime time. The news should have started at 11:38.
post #130 of 2734 Old 03-28-2007, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Fox Sports Detroit finally released their HD schedule for the Tigers this season...

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6618906

post #131 of 2734 Old 03-28-2007, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks

Here is what i found in another thread...

Quote:

Try powering off the DVR and pressing menu on the remote. Change the 4:3 override to either 480i or 480p and press menu again, then power the DVR back on. Having it set to None or Stretch can cause the stuttering issue you are speaking of. I'm not sure why, but it is a problem with the hardware. I had the same problem on my Cox DVR, which was more or less the same box.

post #132 of 2734 Old 04-01-2007, 10:34 AM

Is anybody else having the same problems with dropouts on 10.1 this week as last week? I'm trying to watch the Red Wings-Blue Jackets game and it's dropping out half the time.
post #133 of 2734 Old 04-01-2007, 11:13 AM

Lots of problems with 10-1 here too. Seems to be OK now though.
post #134 of 2734 Old 04-01-2007, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornell_lingus View Post

Is anybody else having the same problems with dropouts on 10.1 this week as last week? I'm trying to watch the Red Wings-Blue Jackets game and it's dropping out half the time.

You guys watching OTA?

On Comcast, I watched half the game (power outage on the West Side of Town) and didn't notice anything. Watched a bit of the golf match during the race and didn't have any issues.

post #135 of 2734 Old 04-02-2007, 07:26 AM

Quote:

You guys watching OTA?

On Comcast, I watched half the game (power outage on the West Side of Town) and didn't notice anything. Watched a bit of the golf match during the race and didn't have any issues.

Yep, I was trying to watch OTA
post #136 of 2734 Old 04-02-2007, 05:49 PM

I just did a rescan on my tv here. The TV picked up a channel(73-1) called Channel One. From what I hear that's the VOD channel for Comcast now? Thing is, we don't get On Demand out here where I live. Is this just a weird coincidence that I got this channel, or does this mean VOD is on the way for us? I just checked the TV that has a box and the On Demand still doesn't work there. Any ideas on what this means...?
post #137 of 2734 Old 04-02-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:

Here is what i found in another thread...

thanks! That took care of it. Strange problem, though you'd think Comcast would know about it and know how to fix it.

Appreciate the help.
post #138 of 2734 Old 04-03-2007, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

thanks! That took care of it. Strange problem, though you'd think Comcast would know about it and know how to fix it.

Appreciate the help.

Comcast CSRs don't have a clue, glad its working for you now.

Has anybody seen UHD, A&E HD, or NGC HD show up in the channel guide yet? I checked at 6:30am today and there was nothing updated. I'm in the office until 3pm ish, so I wn't get to check again for a good while.

Hoping I don't have to get into it with Comcast again over a channel addition.

post #139 of 2734 Old 04-03-2007, 07:43 AM

If anyone cares my war with Comcast has continued yesterday, as i got a bill for $192.63, that was after a $67.99 credit to the bill. The CS rep has "no idea what is going on with my account" and said he will call me back when he has an answer.

Im not holding my breath, i have a felling ill be ditching Comcast this month.
post #140 of 2734 Old 04-03-2007, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotdog14 View Post

If anyone cares my war with Comcast has continued yesterday, as i got a bill for $192.63, that was after a $67.99 credit to the bill. The CS rep has "no idea what is going on with my account" and said he will call me back when he has an answer.

Im not holding my breath, i have a felling ill be ditching Comcast this month.

That really blows, please keep us appraised of what is occurring and if you do leave Comcast, hopefully U-Verse comes to your area soon as a new choice in video provider.

post #141 of 2734 Old 04-03-2007, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just had the wife check when she got home and its confirmed!!!

A&E HD, NCGHD, and UHD are in the guide and live!!!

I'm honestly shocked...

This is the first rollout since I've got digital cable a few years ago that has gone cleanly and on time. Every add in the last few years ends up delayed (VSGLF & FSNHD) or just shows up out of nowhere (WLAJ HD) with a STB message a few days later.

Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come from Comcast...

post #142 of 2734 Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 AM

Quote:

That really blows, please keep us appraised of what is occurring and if you do leave Comcast, hopefully U-Verse comes to your area soon as a new choice in video provider.

Well he called me back about 5 hours later and told me that i had a balance of $63.20 on my account, and he does not know how i got a bill for ~$200. But he said that all i had to pay this month was $63.20....

I have no idea WTF is going on with comcast. It is a never ending battle with them, i suppose my bill next month will either be free or $263.20. Im going to get annoyed really fast if i have to call each month to straighten out my bill.
post #143 of 2734 Old 04-04-2007, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I posted this in the HDTV Programming section about the quality differences between the ESPNHD and FSNHD feeds of the Pistons/Bulls game.

Anybody else checking out both feeds and noticing the differences?

post #144 of 2734 Old 04-05-2007, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Arialink is the first telephone company in Lansing to step up and apply for a video franchise since the election last fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ View Post

Telecommunications company Arialink is looking to get into the cable television business.

The Lansing-based company has applied for a cable TV franchise in its home city. That makes it the first telecom company in Lansing - and one of the first in Michigan - to take advantage of new statewide cable franchise rules.

The Lansing City Council is expected to approve the franchise at a special meeting today.

Link to the Article

Nothing about HDTV in the article, but I have to assume that they will be pushing HD and lower costs.

Be very interesting to see what their TV line up will be and what kind of packaging they will do with voice and data services.

Arialink stated in the article that they will offer service to everyone in Lansing.

Also will be interesting to see what Comcast does in the next 18 months as Arialink does its upgrades and begins rolling out services.

Edit in:

Found on the Arialink website that they are already offering TV services to many apartment complexes and Fiber to the Home in Hawk Hollow in Bath.

Current Channel Line ups:
Analog Digital

post #145 of 2734 Old 04-06-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:

Arialink is the first telephone company in Lansing to step up and apply for a video franchise since the election last fall.

Link to the Article

Nothing about HDTV in the article, but I have to assume that they will be pushing HD and lower costs.

Be very interesting to see what their TV line up will be and what kind of packaging they will do with voice and data services.

Arialink stated in the article that they will offer service to everyone in Lansing.

Also will be interesting to see what Comcast does in the next 18 months as Arialink does its upgrades and begins rolling out services.

Edit in:

Found on the Arialink website that they are already offering TV services to many apartment complexes and Fiber to the Home in Hawk Hollow in Bath.

Current Channel Line ups:
Analog Digital

Yeah, my friend has them in his apartment. The service is really quite bad, so unless they make some pretty drastic improvements, I'd steer clear of them.
post #146 of 2734 Old 04-06-2007, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, my friend has them in his apartment. The service is really quite bad, so unless they make some pretty drastic improvements, I'd steer clear of them.

Well that sucks, hope for improvements

post #147 of 2734 Old 04-10-2007, 10:14 PM

Any ideas why I am now picking up Comcast Sportsnet Sacramento off of QAM? Seems like a weird channel to have for this area...
post #148 of 2734 Old 04-10-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heed316 View Post

Any ideas why I am now picking up Comcast Sportsnet Sacramento off of QAM? Seems like a weird channel to have for this area...

After reading on boards for other markets I think you're going to find several oddball channels off Comcast QAM. Seems like there is definitely a system within a system there. Enjoy them while they're there. If we don't say much and the unwashed masses don't find out, maybe they won't do anything about the extras.
post #149 of 2734 Old 04-11-2007, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornell_lingus View Post

After reading on boards for other markets I think you're going to find several oddball channels off Comcast QAM. Seems like there is definitely a system within a system there. Enjoy them while they're there. If we don't say much and the unwashed masses don't find out, maybe they won't do anything about the extras.

Was that an HD or SD channel?

I checked InDemand's site for NBA league pass, but they had no HD games last night. I was hoping that HDPPV or GameHD might get added soon.

post #150 of 2734 Old 04-11-2007, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So I'm having a dumb moment...

I just ordered a 42" LCD for the bedroom and am gonna need another HD box from Comcast. I currently have just the regular digital cable box in there and don't need another DVR. I just need a regular old HDTV cable box.

What model is Comcast currently carrying for just HDTV service.

Also, I'm gonna take my 6412 in and exchange it for a 6416. Want the extra hard drive space and hopefully updated software.

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page