Lansing, MI - HDTV - Page 92 - AVS Forum
First ... 90  91  92
Local HDTV Info and Reception > Lansing, MI - HDTV
HD74's Avatar HD74 04:32 PM 03-25-2014
Seems to me the article is not quoting fact, rather expressing an opinion. Seems like a cable exec whining actually.
When I watch the local market, I'm not seeing lots of PSA's on the big stations, that, speaks louder than the person who wrote the article.
In reality, you may have noticed many people are "cutting the cord" and going back to local.
I don't have direct or dish, nor do I care to. OTA is just fine, there are many more choices available now than ever.

TV stations are far easier to manage now than ever, every vendor makes multiple channel switchers, controllers, you name it.
While I'm not real happy about the parking lots not being full anymore, you can control a station in another market from yours at least 10X easier now than just 5 years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

garybliev's Avatar garybliev 05:47 AM 04-18-2014
Congratulations to WLAJ (and their operator WLNS). The CW in Lansing, 53.2 is now in HD, at least for over-the-air receivers.
maggiefan's Avatar maggiefan 06:56 PM 04-18-2014
Thanks for the update Gary, good to hear.
cornell_lingus's Avatar cornell_lingus 10:08 PM 04-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by garybliev View Post

Congratulations to WLAJ (and their operator WLNS). The CW in Lansing, 53.2 is now in HD, at least for over-the-air receivers.

I thought the new episodes of Whose Line Is It Anyway? were looking awfully crisp.
maggiefan's Avatar maggiefan 11:16 PM 07-24-2014
For the OTA people, a new channel on 66.2. GetTV. It looks like it is old movies, very old.
Link84 02:19 PM 10-08-2014
Ok I need help,I'm not good at this stuff but I was wondering how to get the local digital/HD channels. I manage to get the WLNS,WKAR,FOX (kinda hard to get) and WLAJ. Somehow later on I got WSMH,GetTV,and ZUUS. but those are hard to get.I have a Sony Bravia Model KDL40BX450. I have the little comcast adapter thats hooked to the cable,but I have to loosen the TO TV wire thats connected to the cable/antenna just to get the HD channels. Help?
garybliev's Avatar garybliev 05:21 PM 10-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link84 View Post
Ok I need help,I'm not good at this stuff but I was wondering how to get the local digital/HD channels.
If your Comcast box has HDMI or audio/video outputs, connect those to appropriate input.

Disconnect Comcast box from RF input.

Attach antenna to the RF input.

Reconfigure for "air" or "antenna" input instead of "cable"

do a full channel scan.

Antenna suggestions: http://www.antennaweb.org
garybliev's Avatar garybliev 03:39 PM 11-17-2014
Over the last couple of days we have received five viewer complaints from our "fringe" areas that reception of WKAR-TV is breaking up or loss of signal. From viewers who normally get us.

I am not seeing anything wrong here with transmitter performance, in fact, just about every parameter is far above minimum.

Could you let us know how reception is doing at your location?

Thanks.
maggiefan's Avatar maggiefan 11:34 PM 11-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by garybliev View Post
Over the last couple of days we have received five viewer complaints from our "fringe" areas that reception of WKAR-TV is breaking up or loss of signal. From viewers who normally get us.

I am not seeing anything wrong here with transmitter performance, in fact, just about every parameter is far above minimum.

Could you let us know how reception is doing at your location?

Thanks.
Downtown Lansing here, antenna only. Reception has been excellent, no problems.
First ... 90  91  92

Up
Mobile  Desktop