1Likes

post #3001 of 3591 Old 01-11-2012, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thilt View Post

Umatter, can you provide a comparison of the multi-room functionality of the Motorola Dcx-3400 to the Tivo? I understand there are some significant differences. For instance, with the Tivo you can pause and rewind live tv in the extra rooms but access to material on other units is achieved by transfer as opposed to direct access. This becomes an issue with copy protected material. Is this correct?

Good morning,

I just wanted to follow up to see if you had any additional questions.

George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3002 of 3591 Old 01-11-2012, 03:15 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post

Good morning,

I just wanted to follow up to see if you had any additional questions.

George

I assume this means that the multiple Tivo units communicate with each other within the context of the home network as opposed to the MoCA technology that the Motorolas use. If that's the case, will Charter be supplying wireless adapters (and at what cost) or do the Premiere units have them built in?

The urge to perform is not an indication of talent. -GK
post #3003 of 3591 Old 01-11-2012, 03:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 708
Quote:

Good afternoon,

That is correct as each unit is itself a DVR, but has the ability to stream content from other Tivos. That is the main difference along with the streaming capabilities and guide. You also have the option of controlling the Charter Tivo through your iphone/ipad and programming it online with the Online DVR Manager.

George

In order to replay the TIVO recorded material on another set in a different room .. are 2 or more TIVOs required .. ?? Thanks

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #3004 of 3591 Old 01-11-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

In order to replay the TIVO recorded material on another set in a different room .. are 2 or more TIVOs required .. ?? Thanks

Good Evening,

To play material in a second room you can either:
* Have 2 TiVo Premieres that work as additional boxes but can also record independantly
* Have a TiVo Premiere in one room and a TiVo Preview in another room. The Preview essentially works like a satellite HD Box. It cannot record but it can communicate with the Premiere and play TV like a normal box

Did you have any other questions we could assist with?

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3005 of 3591 Old 01-11-2012, 04:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Good Evening,

To play material in a second room you can either:
* Have 2 TiVo Premieres that work as additional boxes but can also record independantly
* Have a TiVo Premiere in one room and a TiVo Preview in another room. The Preview essentially works like a satellite HD Box. It cannot record but it can communicate with the Premiere and play TV like a normal box

Did you have any other questions we could assist with?

Thanks,

Dylan

I currently have the Moto DVR in one room and the Moto HD Box in another .. if,l when the TIVO becomes available, I should be able to swap those two boxes for the new TIVO DVR and Preview Box .. and get second room capability .. ??

And, will the monthly cost be the same .. ? Thanks

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #3006 of 3591 Old 01-11-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I currently have the Moto DVR in one room and the Moto HD Box in another .. if,l when the TIVO becomes available, I should be able to swap those two boxes for the new TIVO DVR and Preview Box .. and get second room capability .. ??

And, will the monthly cost be the same .. ? Thanks

We can't actually quote cost until the product actually launches. You would definitely be able to do that though and have multi-room capabilities

Did you have any other questions?

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3007 of 3591 Old 01-12-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thilt View Post

I assume this means that the multiple Tivo units communicate with each other within the context of the home network as opposed to the MoCA technology that the Motorolas use. If that's the case, will Charter be supplying wireless adapters (and at what cost) or do the Premiere units have them built in?

The best method of networking is to be determined by the installer. A network connection is required for the multiroom function. This can be accomplished through our home networking product, a powerline network product, or through Tivo wireless adapters. The technician will work with you to determine the best configuration as well as any possible charges that could be incurred.

George
post #3008 of 3591 Old 01-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Umatter,

Showtime has just launched a ipad ap. Do you know when/if it will be available for Charter customers as well as the WatchESPN.

Tim
post #3009 of 3591 Old 01-13-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcfila View Post

Umatter,

Showtime has just launched a ipad ap. Do you know when/if it will be available for Charter customers as well as the WatchESPN.

Tim

Good Morning,

We do not have any news regarding these however we can reach out to our marketing group and see if we have anything int he works! We'll respond just as soon as we hear back.

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3010 of 3591 Old 01-16-2012, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm starting to have what I assume are signal issues again; seems like an annual event.

Since about Thursday, programming on CBS/784 and Fox/782 (what I've noticed so far) have had audio dropouts and video freezes. Happened all during football on Saturday night, etc.

I'm in 63118. Anybody else experiencing this?
post #3011 of 3591 Old 01-16-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgibby View Post

I'm starting to have what I assume are signal issues again; seems like an annual event.

Since about Thursday, programming on CBS/784 and Fox/782 (what I've noticed so far) have had audio dropouts and video freezes. Happened all during football on Saturday night, etc.

Good afternoon,

We're not showing any reports of trouble on those channels. Please send us a PM with the best date and time and we can dispatch a technician for investigation.

George
post #3012 of 3591 Old 01-17-2012, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Over on the OTA thread, there have been comments about Fox having breakups via dish Network, too. Probably a KTVI issue.

Bob Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis
post #3013 of 3591 Old 01-18-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcfila View Post

Umatter,

Tim

Sorry for the delay! We got a response and are looking into both but do not have any solid plans or launch dates in place at this time.

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3014 of 3591 Old 01-21-2012, 02:03 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgibby View Post

elgibby, we have also experienced small freezes & audio dropouts...
was going to complain to charter, but wife suggested it might be the broadcast out of St. Louis.
I know Channel 782 shows it's coming in @ 720p resolution

We have been having problems with Internet dialog boxes saying the internet seems to have stopped working...
It's a hassle but if i hit the upper right X box to close that dialog box it usually refreshes it....
It happens too much though.. Is this a Charter switching delay or what. ??
post #3015 of 3591 Old 01-24-2012, 06:40 AM

I'm wondering if it is possible to get 2 multi-room DVRs installed plus an additional receiver and have all 3 boxes with the ability to access all recorded programming? Currently with DirecTV (Whole Home DVR service) I have the ability to record on both DVRs and still be able to watch content on any of them without issue. Is this possible with Charter's setup?
post #3016 of 3591 Old 01-24-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Ram Fan View Post

was going to complain to charter, but wife suggested it might be the broadcast out of St. Louis.

We have been having problems with Internet dialog boxes saying the internet seems to have stopped working...
It's a hassle but if i hit the upper right X box to close that dialog box it usually refreshes it....

I'm sorry to hear that you're having service issues. There were broadcast problems that were corrected late last week. Can you pm a screenshot of the popup that you're seeing?

George
post #3017 of 3591 Old 01-24-2012, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

My issues were apparently at the source, as some satellite TV users were reporting similar problems. I had a service call scheduled via UMatter, but I cancelled it when the problems vanished.

Re the Internet: Not sure. I get periods where the connection is unstable, but it's not predictable.
post #3018 of 3591 Old 01-25-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:

Good afternoon,

I just wanted to follow up to see if you'd like some assistance with your issues there. Please send us a pm.

George
post #3019 of 3591 Old 01-26-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesbc19 View Post

I'm wondering if it is possible to get 2 multi-room DVRs installed plus an additional receiver and have all 3 boxes with the ability to access all recorded programming? Currently with DirecTV (Whole Home DVR service) I have the ability to record on both DVRs and still be able to watch content on any of them without issue. Is this possible with Charter's setup?

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your inquiry, unfortunately this configuration is not available. We are however working with the manufacturer to allow customer's to expand the memory of the primary DVRs through ESATA.

George
post #3020 of 3591 Old 01-26-2012, 02:42 PM

That is very disappointing; it appears Charter is severely behind the competition when it comes to multi-room/whole home technology. Those limitations will have me opting out of the multi-room set up in favor of 2 separate DVRs.
post #3021 of 3591 Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 PM

Just got multi room dvr (motorola) installed and 5 hours later I still can not access the quick recording I made from the secondary locations. Does it take a while for recordings to show up, or is there a setting I need to check?
post #3022 of 3591 Old 01-26-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajabill View Post

Just got multi room dvr (motorola) installed and 5 hours later I still can not access the quick recording I made from the secondary locations. Does it take a while for recordings to show up, or is there a setting I need to check?

Good afternoon,

I am very sorry to hear about the trouble with MR DVRs so soon after their installation. How the MR DVR works is that you will set up your recordings on the primary DVR and then access from the secondary boxes.

If you cannot access the recordings from the primary box, unplug all the boxes, plug in the primary first, and let it load a few mins. Then plug in the secondaries, and let them load for a few minutes.

Let me know if this helps. If it doesn't I can certainly assist futher.

Thanks,

Jeremy
post #3023 of 3591 Old 01-27-2012, 07:16 AM

working this morning, thanks

Is there an online manual for the equipment?
post #3024 of 3591 Old 01-27-2012, 01:31 PM

I did a quick search in google for Motorola Moca DVR manual and this is the manual I found:

http://www.shawhamilton.ca/pdf/DCX3400UserGuide.pdf

There are a couple different models of the Moto that we distribute. If you want me to check for a guide for your specific model send me a PM with some account info so I can check model number. If you already know the model number then you can toss that in here if you like.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Quote:

post #3025 of 3591 Old 01-29-2012, 07:37 PM

Just noticed that my adapter light is just flashing. I can't tune SDV channels. Are you experiencing issues. I missed two recordings so far
post #3026 of 3591 Old 01-30-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanITMan View Post

Just noticed that my adapter light is just flashing. I can't tune SDV channels. Are you experiencing issues. I missed two recordings so far

Good morning Dan,

Is this happening on all the adapters in the house? Please send us a pm and we can certainly assist.

George
post #3027 of 3591 Old 01-30-2012, 08:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

SDV Down in Kalamazoo

I thought Kalamazoo was in Michigan .. ??

Uncle Willie

post #3028 of 3591 Old 01-30-2012, 12:21 PM

Good afternoon,

I wanted to send you a quick follow up today to see if you had any other questions or concerns. If you do please send me a PM and I can look into anything that you need.

Thanks,

Jeremy
http://www.charter.com/umatter2charter

Quote:

post #3029 of 3591 Old 02-01-2012, 04:47 AM

Quote:

I had a similar issue this past weekend. It was tracked down to a failing splitter messing with the signal. The splitter was for my original Series 1 which no longer functions. We took the splitter out of the equation and the solid amber light was back.

Steve
post #3030 of 3591 Old 02-01-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:

Good afternoon,

Just wanted to follow up to see if you still need assistance.

George
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page