St. Louis, MO - Charter - Page 107 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3181 of 3587 Old 04-20-2012, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
MythTV abstracts the channel from the physical tuner frequency, so I think I just need to tell it to look at the lineup again and it will update based on callsign and the firewire stuff will be okay. I'll have to rescan to get the new QAM map for my HDHomerun, though. I don't really get much out of it since I already have the channels numbered the way I prefer anyway, but it's not a big deal and I think better for Charter to just do it all at once than a bunch of little changes here and there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3182 of 3587 Old 04-20-2012, 04:51 PM

agree that it is better to do it all at once than stretch it out over a period of time. That way I only have to sit down and have the scheduled shows fixed once and then done.
post #3183 of 3587 Old 04-20-2012, 09:24 PM

but the channel are still in the same place. guess tivo updated the guied ahead of time.
post #3184 of 3587 Old 04-21-2012, 08:24 AM

how do i fix this? my tivo is working fine with the new line up. and all the season passes work
post #3185 of 3587 Old 04-21-2012, 08:27 AM

Liked: 14
Good morning,

I am very sorry for the trouble with the guide updating prior to the channels moving. The realignment can take place at any time today. If the channels are still in the same place they have not moved. Tivo just pushed the guide prior to the realignment taking place.

Thank you for your patience today while we getting everything done with these changes.

Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post

how do i fix this? my tivo is working fine with the new line up. and all the season passes work

post #3186 of 3587 Old 04-21-2012, 08:36 AM

It was ok i could still watch the shows at the old channel number and i can see what new channels there are.

just wish the channels were right in wmc but i will watch them on my tivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post

Good morning,

I am very sorry for the trouble with the guide updating prior to the channels moving. The realignment can take place at any time today. If the channels are still in the same place they have not moved. Tivo just pushed the guide prior to the realignment taking place.

Thank you for your patience today while we getting everything done with these changes.

Jeremy

post #3187 of 3587 Old 04-21-2012, 08:39 AM

If your WMC is still not correct tomorrow I would highly recommend rescanning the channel guide. Sorry again for the trouble, and if you are still having trouble tomorrow let us know. These roll outs can take time, and we appreciate your patience .

Thanks,

Jeremy

Quote:

It was ok i could still watch the shows at the old channel number and i can see what new channels there are.

just wish the channels were right in wmc but i will watch them on my tivo

post #3188 of 3587 Old 04-21-2012, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Good afternoon,

What's going on with your cable cards?

George

I am out of town till Sunday. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this worked for me. Confidence level not so high.
post #3189 of 3587 Old 04-21-2012, 11:39 AM

I live in Manchester. Woke up this morning and MOXI had the new channels and all of the scheduled recordings have moved to their new locations automatically. Had to do new scheduled recordings for TV Land now that it is HD. Took a while to delete all the channels I did not need but, overall not the hassle I thought it could to be.

Thanks for the new HD Charter.

How about NHL Network HD by next fall!
post #3190 of 3587 Old 04-21-2012, 11:41 AM

Good afternoon,

I am glad to hear that everything went well today! If you have any trouble in the future please let us know, and enjoy the new HD!

Thanks,

Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anhisr View Post

I live in Manchester. Woke up this morning and MOXI had the new channels and all of the scheduled recordings have moved to their new locations automatically. Had to do new scheduled recordings for TV Land now that it is HD. Took a while to delete all the channels I did not need but, overall not the hassle I thought it could to be.

Thanks for the new HD Charter.

How about NHL Network HD by next fall!

post #3191 of 3587 Old 04-21-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:

Good afternoon,

I am glad to hear that everything went well today! If you have any trouble in the future please let us know, and enjoy the new HD!

Thanks,

Jeremy

I too live in Manchester area and have moxi recorder and everything went smoothly as described with progams "scheduled to record" moved to their new channel numbers. However as long as you brought up TVLand HD its funny that the channel (732) doesnt appear in the MoxiHD channel guide although it is there (I just put in 732 and got to it).
post #3192 of 3587 Old 04-21-2012, 03:43 PM

That is really odd...back when I had a MOXI that happened once, and resetting the box cleared it up. Have you tried powering it down for a bit? Glad you are able to still get the channel though, but we want to make sure that it's in its right place.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seibelcj View Post

I too live in Manchester area and have moxi recorder and everything went smoothly as described with progams "scheduled to record" moved to their new channel numbers. However as long as you brought up TVLand HD its funny that the channel (732) doesnt appear in the MoxiHD channel guide although it is there (I just put in 732 and got to it).

post #3193 of 3587 Old 04-21-2012, 05:24 PM

update screwed the pooch on the Windows Media PC i have running with a Ceton and Cable card...Moxi updated fine and channels working fine there. The new channels that were moved are saying channel not available or SDV error 7. May not want to update the night before a possible series clinching blues game next time around...not happy
post #3194 of 3587 Old 04-21-2012, 06:19 PM

I noticed that TV Land HD does not have a logo yet and is not listed as an HD channel. It is listed as just another channel. I have rebooted the MOXI and it has not changed.
post #3195 of 3587 Old 04-21-2012, 07:48 PM

when will the new channel lineup work on windows media center? windows media center still has the old guied so it cant record anything.

I can still record charter on my tivos.
post #3196 of 3587 Old 04-21-2012, 07:55 PM

Does the channel lineup come from zaptoit or mcrosoft? I think i might go from zaptoit to microsoft and then to us

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh1stler View Post

update screwed the pooch on the Windows Media PC i have running with a Ceton and Cable card...Moxi updated fine and channels working fine there. The new channels that were moved are saying channel not available or SDV error 7. May not want to update the night before a possible series clinching blues game next time around...not happy

post #3197 of 3587 Old 04-21-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:

Does the channel lineup come from zaptoit or mcrosoft? I think i might go from zaptoit to microsoft and then to us

Yes, I think you are right. From what I've been putting together, Charter sends the lineup to Tribune. Zap2it gets it from Tribune. And then Microsoft gets it from Zap2it.

I wish Charter would get this sorted out! I haven't been able to use my media center since Wednesday. And all I get is the run around from all parties involved. Who knows how long it will take before they get it right.

I've been pricing UHF antennas today and considering giving up on cable TV. I mostly watch stuff that is available over the air, so I could save $82/month. I've already missed some shows I couldn't record. If it doesn't get sorted out by Friday, I'm going to cancel service.
post #3198 of 3587 Old 04-22-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRand View Post

Yes, I think you are right. From what I've been putting together, Charter sends the lineup to Tribune. Zap2it gets it from Tribune. And then Microsoft gets it from Zap2it.

I wish Charter would get this sorted out! I haven't been able to use my media center since Wednesday. And all I get is the run around from all parties involved. Who knows how long it will take before they get it right.

I've been pricing UHF antennas today and considering giving up on cable TV. I mostly watch stuff that is available over the air, so I could save $82/month. I've already missed some shows I couldn't record. If it doesn't get sorted out by Friday, I'm going to cancel service.

Correct it comes from zap2it - though even though the guide data is wrong I can't even manually change to the new channels without receiving a SDV 7 error or it just not changing at all.

Seems like the antenna tuner or the CC didn't get updates? *shrug*
post #3199 of 3587 Old 04-22-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:

when will the new channel lineup work on windows media center? windows media center still has the old guied so it cant record anything.

I can still record charter on my tivos.

use zip code 62040 in tv signal setup it has all the right listing for the st. louis area. also select maryville charter communications digital.
post #3200 of 3587 Old 04-22-2012, 08:36 AM

I use a antenna on my wmc computer. i use a 2 tuner pcie tv tuner. I use to use a usb tv tuners but they dont work all the time.

also im a using a clear stream 2 antenna that i hang on my wall inside my house

I record a lot of antenna tv. and me-tv has a lot of the old shows i like to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRand View Post

post #3201 of 3587 Old 04-22-2012, 08:54 AM

Wow that worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevekev30 View Post

use zip code 62040 in tv signal setup it has all the right listing for the st. louis area. also select maryville charter communications digital.

post #3202 of 3587 Old 04-22-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:

Hi wh1stler,

We are currently reaching out to Tribune and are going to see if we have an internal contact at Microsoft to look into this further. We will notify you as soon as we have an update, and we are working hard to assist in any way that we can.

Thank you,
Abby
post #3203 of 3587 Old 04-22-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:

I noticed that TV Land HD does not have a logo yet and is not listed as an HD channel. It is listed as just another channel. I have rebooted the MOXI and it has not changed.

Hi anhisr,

Is this only occurring on the MOXI, or is TV Land HD also missing on your other HD Box? Please let me know and I'll try sending a new signal to any affected equipment.

Thanks,
Abby
post #3204 of 3587 Old 04-22-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevekev30 View Post

Thanks kevekev30, that worked! I finally have TV again after FIVE days! It looks like you saved Charter a customer. Its too bad Charter couldn't have come up with this work-around earlier. You would think they would know where their update worked and where it didn't.

Thanks again!
post #3205 of 3587 Old 04-22-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:

Correct it comes from zap2it - though even though the guide data is wrong I can't even manually change to the new channels without receiving a SDV 7 error or it just not changing at all.

Seems like the antenna tuner or the CC didn't get updates? *shrug*

Quote:

Hi wh1stler,

We are currently reaching out to Tribune and are going to see if we have an internal contact at Microsoft to look into this further. We will notify you as soon as we have an update, and we are working hard to assist in any way that we can.

Thank you,
Abby

wh1stler, don't hold your breath... That's the same thing they told me on THURSDAY! I suggest you use kevekev30's idea and change your zip code to 62040 and select Maryville. At least until Charter can get their act together.
post #3206 of 3587 Old 04-22-2012, 12:41 PM

I thoght wmc used zap2it?

Quote:

Hi wh1stler,

Thank you,
Abby

post #3207 of 3587 Old 04-22-2012, 02:42 PM

It is only the Moxi that does not show TV Land HD as HD. It is on the guide and programs are posted. It does not have an emblem for TV Land HD just an orange square.
post #3208 of 3587 Old 04-22-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:

It is only the Moxi that does not show TV Land HD as HD. It is on the guide and programs are posted. It does not have an emblem for TV Land HD just an orange square.

Thanks for pointing that out. We are working to get to the bottom of this.

-Abby
post #3209 of 3587 Old 04-22-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:

Thanks for confirming. I'm going to send a signal to the Moxi now. If nothing changes please let me know and I'll contact local tech ops to see if anyone has noticed the same thing.

-Abby
post #3210 of 3587 Old 04-22-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:

That is really odd...back when I had a MOXI that happened once, and resetting the box cleared it up. Have you tried powering it down for a bit? Glad you are able to still get the channel though, but we want to make sure that it's in its right place.

Thanks,

Jeremy

This evening with my moxi I am getting all channels, HD and regular, except 600 HBO HD (with Game of Thrones of course). It shows the old black screen with white letters ("if you receive this channel normally please retune or check your video connections etc etc"). I know it is a moxi issue because channel 600 is coming in loud and clear on the Motorola HD DVR downstairs. Anybody else having this issue? CharterUmatter can you help?
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page