Forum Jump: 

post #3211 of 3586 Old 04-22-2012, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by seibelcj View Post

This evening with my moxi I am getting all channels, HD and regular, except 600 HBO HD (with Game of Thrones of course). It shows the old black screen with white letters ("if you receive this channel normally please retune or check your video connections etc etc"). I know it is a moxi issue because channel 600 is coming in loud and clear on the Motorola HD DVR downstairs. Anybody else having this issue? CharterUmatter can you help?

and yes i did do a hard reset and still can't get chaneel 600 on the moxi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3212 of 3586 Old 04-22-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRand View Post

Thanks kevekev30, that worked! I finally have TV again after FIVE days! It looks like you saved Charter a customer. Its too bad Charter couldn't have come up with this work-around earlier. You would think they would know where their update worked and where it didn't.

Thanks again!

It's actually a Microsoft problem. For whatever reason, it seems to take them several days for a lineup change to get picked up. The reason the Maryville, IL zip code works is because they got updated on 4/11. And, it's been long enough for that zip code to make it through the system.
post #3213 of 3586 Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouchPotivo View Post

It's actually a Microsoft problem. For whatever reason, it seems to take them several days for a lineup change to get picked up. The reason the Maryville, IL zip code works is because they got updated on 4/11. And, it's been long enough for that zip code to make it through the system.

Then it sounds like Charter should put the change in earlier... and if that causes issues, they should provide two lineups. both the old and the new. So that people can switch whenever Charter makes the actual changes.

And, quite frankly, I'm tired of everyone pointing the finger at someone else. I pay Charter, they should see to it that I get what I pay for. Either that or refund me for loss of service.
post #3214 of 3586 Old 04-22-2012, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgibby View Post

I am out of town till Sunday. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this worked for me. Confidence level not so high.

Happy to report everything worked. Got back to town, all channels present and accounted for on the TiVos, all scheduled recordings made, all new channels to play with.

Thanks Charter.
post #3215 of 3586 Old 04-23-2012, 05:37 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgibby View Post

Happy to report everything worked. Got back to town, all channels present and accounted for on the TiVos, all scheduled recordings made, all new channels to play with.

Thanks Charter.

Glad to hear it!

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3216 of 3586 Old 04-23-2012, 06:10 AM

channel 600 was back up this morning.all in allguess not a bad transition on the moxi side so far (keeping fingers crossed!)
post #3217 of 3586 Old 04-23-2012, 08:26 AM

I agree - I don't think Charter's at fault here. You are also paying for WMC - sounds like it is the one not giving you what you paid for.

I got my setup updated Saturday. For a while I thought the local QAM HDs went away but then I realized they moved all the way down into the teens and twenties frequencies.

I checked out the new FS Advantage channels a bit during the Blues game. Pretty interesting, but bizarrely there was a mix of aspect ratios on the channels. Charter - what will show on those channels the rest of the time? The guide has "Charter Media" or something as the alternate name for those channel numbers, but that's not very descriptive.
post #3218 of 3586 Old 04-23-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whowhatwhere View Post

So even though the updates were put in early enough for all the other guide services to be updated on time, Charter should accommodate Microsoft's inability to update on time with the potential side effect of everyone else's guide being changed a week early?

Let's follow the logic train on this one. Charter let everyone know about the changes quite some time ago (I want to say about a month). Charter verified they sent the information to Tribune and other guide providers. You and Charter both verified that Zap2it's website listings were correct. Zap2it verified to you that the info they were sending out was correct. Other users with non-Microsoft powered devices are fine. Yet somehow it's Charter's responsibility to figure out why Microsoft isn't pulling those updates? Hmmm, makes perfect sense to me for Charter to be responsible for your equipment.

So does that mean when my radio, that I installed in my car myself, breaks I can take it back to the dealer/manufacturer and demand they fix it or buy my car back? With comments like this I really don't envy the customer service folks....

Your analogy is flawed. There is a quite a difference between broken hardware and a broken service. I wasn't asking Charter to buy back or replace my equipment. I was only asking that they work better with their partners, to fix their service. It is Charter's responsibilty to insure a smooth transition, when they make changes. As I explained, there are ways to ensure that, without causing everyone elses guide being changed a week early. If Microsoft is causing Charter to lose sales, then Charter should ramp up the pressure on Microsoft to correct the issue in a timely manner. Or at the very least, keep their customers informed of when the issue will be resolved or provide a work-around. I'd still be without service today if it had not been for another customer pointing out a work-around. It's not like this is the first time Charter has had to change a lineup and it won't be the last. They should get their act together.
post #3219 of 3586 Old 04-23-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Your analogy is flawed. There is a quite a difference between broken hardware and a broken service. I wasn't asking Charter to buy back or replace my equipment. I was only asking that they work better with their partners, to fix their service. It is Charter's responsibilty to insure a smooth transition, when they make changes. As I explained, there are ways to ensure that, without causing everyone elses guide being changed a week early. If Microsoft is causing Charter to lose sales, then Charter should ramp up the pressure on Microsoft to correct the issue in a timely manner. Or at the very least, keep their customers informed of when the issue will be resolved or provide a work-around. I'd still be without service today if it had not been for another customer pointing out a work-around. It's not like this is the first time Charter has had to change a lineup and it won't be the last. They should get their act together.

Good Afternoon,

We did contact Microsoft and per their support team we are to direct all users having trouble to this link on their site going forward: https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145

I apologize that we were unable to provide more direct support but unfortunately this is 3rd party hardware that we are unable to handle internally.

The guide changes were supplied to all vendors over 30 days before the launch. Tribune and Zap2It do have the correct guide info per their website. Unfortunately, we will have to ask that you follow the suggested resolution path from your equipments manufacturer at the link above.

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3220 of 3586 Old 04-23-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:

Maybe it's the IT guy in me (what I do for a living) that just irks me when people blame the wrong person.

That's because we get wrongly blamed quite a bit

Quote:

I still don't get how this is their fault. Everyone was notified, Microsoft failed to act. Why isn't everyone yelling at the one who failed? Oh well, you got it fixed....kinda.

Agreed.
post #3221 of 3586 Old 04-23-2012, 08:54 PM

is the guide working now for wmc? tivo had no problems updating to the new channel list. Maybe i should of bought a new tivo instead of ceton cable card,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post

Good Afternoon,

We did contact Microsoft and per their support team we are to direct all users having trouble to this link on their site going forward: https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145

I apologize that we were unable to provide more direct support but unfortunately this is 3rd party hardware that we are unable to handle internally.

The guide changes were supplied to all vendors over 30 days before the launch. Tribune and Zap2It do have the correct guide info per their website. Unfortunately, we will have to ask that you follow the suggested resolution path from your equipments manufacturer at the link above.

Thanks,

Dylan

post #3222 of 3586 Old 04-23-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post

is the guide working now for wmc? tivo had no problems updating to the new channel list. Maybe i should of bought a new tivo instead of ceton cable card,

If your guide still is not working for WMC please refer to this link: https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145.

Thank you,
Abby
post #3223 of 3586 Old 04-24-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:

wh1stler, don't hold your breath... That's the same thing they told me on THURSDAY! I suggest you use kevekev30's idea and change your zip code to 62040 and select Maryville. At least until Charter can get their act together.

This worked for me as of this morning and the couple of wmc channels I was able to check were correct. (824 specifically) - thanks for the suggestion on this.

So basically one of two is going on - Either the guide data for my zip is still not updated through zap2it or the rescan of the same zip in wmc is actually reaching out to get the data. After the change in zip it gave me the message to wait as the guide data was being loaded. When choosing the same zip to rescan I did not get the message....
post #3224 of 3586 Old 04-24-2012, 10:06 AM

Umatter2charter,
Is this true, a digital box for just a $1 a month?
http://www.stltoday.com/business/loc...#ixzz1sszm4BJx[/quote]
post #3225 of 3586 Old 04-24-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danelly77 View Post

Umatter2charter,
Is this true, a digital box for just a $1 a month?
http://www.stltoday.com/business/loc...#ixzz1sszm4BJx

[/quote]

Good Afternoon,

Our Digital Home package which is the Expanded Basic (no box) package with a box included and is $1.00 more. This offer would not apply if you have a promotion applied to your Video service already. If you would like us to look into your services please send me a PM with the Name, Address, Phone Number, and Security Code / PIN and we'll be happy to help!

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3226 of 3586 Old 04-24-2012, 11:46 AM

Good afternoon,

I am sorry to see that you are still having some trouble. Can you send us a PM with some account information so we can assist you with your MOXI?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seibelcj View Post

and yes i did do a hard reset and still can't get chaneel 600 on the moxi.

post #3227 of 3586 Old 04-24-2012, 08:53 PM

Seriously how is this still not fixed?

I did the zip code change, but now I am only getting six days worth of guide data and more importantly I don't want to mess with it until I get it back to the correct Olivette lineup...

I realize the issue may not be directly related to charter, but at this point charter needs to take some ownership and get it fixed directly with MS or Zap2it and stop pointing fingers.
post #3228 of 3586 Old 04-24-2012, 09:04 PM

Good evening,

I am very sorry for the trouble that you are having with the guide information. Sadly we do not control the guide information for the equipment that you are using. I will reach out and see if there is anything further that we can do, but since we are talking about equipment that is not our own I cannot make any promises.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinx View Post

I did the zip code change, but now I am only getting six days worth of guide data and more importantly I don't want to mess with it until I get it back to the correct Olivette lineup...

I realize the issue may not be directly related to charter, but at this point charter needs to take some ownership and get it fixed directly with MS or Zap2it and stop pointing fingers.

post #3229 of 3586 Old 04-24-2012, 09:14 PM

Has the channel list been updated for everyone in st louis with windows media center? im still using the zip code fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh1stler View Post

This worked for me as of this morning and the couple of wmc channels I was able to check were correct. (824 specifically) - thanks for the suggestion on this.

So basically one of two is going on - Either the guide data for my zip is still not updated through zap2it or the rescan of the same zip in wmc is actually reaching out to get the data. After the change in zip it gave me the message to wait as the guide data was being loaded. When choosing the same zip to rescan I did not get the message....

post #3230 of 3586 Old 04-24-2012, 10:38 PM

Belleville/Shiloh area was updated today. And I had to use the workaround zip code to get Windows Mediacenter working again. How long is it taking for the guide to get accurate data?

Also I agree charter deserves a pass on this issue. It is a problem with user owned equipment not charter owned.
post #3231 of 3586 Old 04-25-2012, 06:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Quote:

And do exactly what .. ?? Charter may not be absolute perfection, however, your frustration is being vented in the wrong direction ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #3232 of 3586 Old 04-25-2012, 06:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Yesterdays channel shuffle seemed to go OK .. and my Moto DVR did actually pick up on most of the change and correct the channel numbers on season programed recording settings ..

The re-population of the channels still does take some time .. likely a fault of the DVR ..

One issue .. pressed the green OnDemand remote button and .. screen went to the welcome screen and locked up .. had audio but just a welcome screen .. had to reboot the DVR and did not try it again since the re-boot made the DVR have to re-populate ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #3233 of 3586 Old 04-25-2012, 07:22 AM

anyone else still have a ton of channels in the 700-800s area that have no channel name or icon? I'm on a moxi hd box in o fallon illinois.
post #3234 of 3586 Old 04-25-2012, 07:48 AM

I use the Olivette lineup from SchedulesDirect (via Tribune/Zap2It in my understanding) and it is correct, so it is not Charter's problem or an issue with the guide data.
post #3235 of 3586 Old 04-25-2012, 07:57 AM

Last night, St. Charles, Mo 63303 still did not have the lineup. I had used the 62040 for Maryville, Ill. That gave me the lineup ... but when Showtime 640 was accessed it disappeared from the guide and is no longer accessible. I have not checked other channels due to lack of time.

Question for 'umatter2charter' do the special channels [like Showtime] only work when accessed from a node in the correct zip code via media center?

Also I went to the microsoft link and found nothing. To post you have to have your product key, which I do not have with me....it then expects me to agree to a $99 an hour possible fee for even posting this question about microsoft not pushing the latest info from zap2it.
post #3236 of 3586 Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 AM

I did. I went through and took them off under the channel list.
post #3237 of 3586 Old 04-25-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgmoney View Post

Last night, St. Charles, Mo 63303 still did not have the lineup. I had used the 62040 for Maryville, Ill. That gave me the lineup ... but when Showtime 640 was accessed it disappeared from the guide and is no longer accessible. I have not checked other channels due to lack of time.

Question for 'umatter2charter' do the special channels [like Showtime] only work when accessed from a node in the correct zip code via media center?

Also I went to the microsoft link and found nothing. To post you have to have your product key, which I do not have with me....it then expects me to agree to a $99 an hour possible fee for even posting this question about microsoft not pushing the latest info from zap2it.

Good Afternoon,

The guide should be the only thing affected by zip code. You are just choosing which to load.

We do wish we had more to offer for support on this but the link provided was all that was given to us when we inquired with Microsoft and they asked us to direct anyone having an issue to that URL.

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3238 of 3586 Old 04-25-2012, 12:25 PM

Good afternoon,

I talked with a couple of people, and sadly this is an issue we have no control over. We have contacted Tribune who has recevied our updated guide information. Tribune, in turn, contacted Microsoft to escalate the issue. We were then directed by Microsoft to have customers contact them about these issues directly. I am very sorry for the trouble once again, and hope that by contacting Microsoft you can get these issues resolved.

Please reach out to Microsoft on their portal to submit the data issue: https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145

Thanks,

Jeremy

Quote:

post #3239 of 3586 Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 PM

UM2C,

You guys need to seriously start thinking about providing digital receivers to your customers, much like the satellite companies and U-Verse does. This new channel configuration is great and all for HD content, but you just wiped out several channels that I was able to watch without a box, and terrible timing too considering it's right in the middle of the Stanley Cup Playoffs (NBC Sports is now digital box required).

Very disappointing.
post #3240 of 3586 Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 PM

Good evening,

I am very sorry that you were not able to catch the games due to the channel realignment. Sadly we do not give away boxes, but I will certainly pass along your feedback.

If you would like for us to look into equipment options for you please send us a DM with some account information so you don't have to miss any more games.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt_DoUrden View Post

UM2C,

You guys need to seriously start thinking about providing digital receivers to your customers, much like the satellite companies and U-Verse does. This new channel configuration is great and all for HD content, but you just wiped out several channels that I was able to watch without a box, and terrible timing too considering it's right in the middle of the Stanley Cup Playoffs (NBC Sports is now digital box required).

Very disappointing.

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page