1Likes

post #3271 of 3591 Old 05-09-2012, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Would you like us to have someone out to look into it? I'm not showing any area issues right now.

I'll use the HDHR's signal diagnostics and the diagnostic on my STB to check the levels first and get back to you. I've looked before so maybe I can see if they're generally the same or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3272 of 3591 Old 05-09-2012, 04:27 PM

tbshd 780 is set to
CGMS-A: "ONE COPY" (0x002) copy management system analog

I hope you can fix this.

Quote:

Good Morning,

Sorry for the trouble. This has been escalated to TBS. It is a Copy Protection issue. We have it set to Copy Freely.

Basically what it boils down to, is that even if the stream is flagged as copy freely, the content may still have embedded Copy protection. We aren't modifying the base content protection, only the stream. So it would come down to the content owners settings.

6.4.3 Relationship between Embedded CCI and EMI
A protected stream of content may consist of one or more programs. Each of these programs may be assigned
a different level of Embedded CCI. Since EMI is associated with the overall stream of content it is possible that
the stream will be composed of multiple programs and that the EMI will not match the Embedded CCI value of
each of the protected programs. In the event that there is a conflict, the most restrictive Embedded CCI value
will be used for the EMI.

Thanks,

Dylan

post #3273 of 3591 Old 05-09-2012, 11:59 PM

I did this and it seems to fixed my probems. Some of these insructions are wrong. I think some of them are for vista. It took me about a hour to do. it was kind of stressful but i got the drive backed up.

TBShd is now playing fine.

I should of just bought a 4 tuner tivo and have a lot less problems.

a. Uninstall PlayReady from the 'Programs and Features'
b. Enable the explorer to show hidden files and folders. To do this go to Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View tab > Show hidden files, folders and drivers
c. Go to %ProgramData%\\Microsoft\\ and delete the PlayReady folder.
d. Go to %ProgramData%\\Microsoft\\ and delete the DRM folder.
e. Go to %ProgramData%\\Microsoft\\Windows\\DRM and delete all files and folders underneath (don't delete the DRM directory itself)
f. Open the registry with elevated privileges. To do so, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and then point to Run as administrator. In the command prompt that opens, type regedit.exe.
g. Go to HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft and delete the DRM key.
h. Run the ResetDRM tool. See http://www.cetoncorp.com/support/ind...ayready-issues
i. Restart the computer.
j. Run Windows Media Center setup again
k. Run the PlayReady install from inside Media Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post

tbshd 780 is set to
CGMS-A: "ONE COPY" (0x002) copy management system analog

I hope you can fix this.

post #3274 of 3591 Old 05-10-2012, 08:06 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglebungle View Post

I'll use the HDHR's signal diagnostics and the diagnostic on my STB to check the levels first and get back to you. I've looked before so maybe I can see if they're generally the same or not.

Any luck?

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3275 of 3591 Old 05-10-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:

Any luck?

Thanks,

Dylan

No time yet - too many extra-curricular events this week. Perhaps this weekend. Modern Family was fine last night, thought that's a different channel.
post #3276 of 3591 Old 05-10-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:

No time yet - too many extra-curricular events this week. Perhaps this weekend. Modern Family was fine last night, thought that's a different channel.

Ok,

If you do have any issues please let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3277 of 3591 Old 05-11-2012, 11:56 AM

I can record conan now on tbs with wmc I didn't know upgrading my memory on my computer brakes windows drm playready forcing a reinstall of windows.

I use the work around and it worked. I don't know why a memory upgrade brakes the drm on windows. microsoft must be paranoid about drm.

any hardwear changes to a windows 7 computer brakes drm

Quote:

Good Morning,

Sorry for the trouble. This has been escalated to TBS. It is a Copy Protection issue. We have it set to Copy Freely.

Basically what it boils down to, is that even if the stream is flagged as copy freely, the content may still have embedded Copy protection. We aren't modifying the base content protection, only the stream. So it would come down to the content owners settings.

6.4.3 Relationship between Embedded CCI and EMI
A protected stream of content may consist of one or more programs. Each of these programs may be assigned
a different level of Embedded CCI. Since EMI is associated with the overall stream of content it is possible that
the stream will be composed of multiple programs and that the EMI will not match the Embedded CCI value of
each of the protected programs. In the event that there is a conflict, the most restrictive Embedded CCI value
will be used for the EMI.

Thanks,

Dylan

post #3278 of 3591 Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 AM

I went through a bunch of channels using the diagnostics tool Silicon Dust provides with their tuners. My old HDHomeRun has two tuners with two cable inputs, and I went through all the clear QAM channels on both as well as a sampling of encrypted channels on the HDHR Prime (only one cable input split internally). Most signal readings were good - some up to 100% but usually above 85% - but they were consistently lower on one of the two QAM tuners. Still, everything on that one was decent except the Fox multiplex, which was 80%. I looked and the tuner with worse quality had a thinner cable, so I replaced it with RG-6. Strangely, though, this did nothing to the signal readings. My wife just watched the Glee episode that was recorded immediately prior to the problematic New Girl, and it was fine until almost the end when it started breaking up, so it's not always bad.

I had problems last year with signal strength and a guy came out and checked everything, replaced some splitters and my amp, and someone else did some stuff on the pole (we had reverse tilt, too). That stabilized AMC, which was previously problematic, and I haven't noticed other issues. I think they were of the opinion that they did about as much as they could and the readings were pretty good. Maybe just that one tuner is getting old or wasn't originally built as flawlessly or it's just that particular frequency Fox is on now - who knows. I'll just lower the priority of that tuner and it should never get used unless I somehow find 5 things at once to record.
post #3279 of 3591 Old 05-14-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:

I went through a bunch of channels using the diagnostics tool Silicon Dust provides with their tuners. My old HDHomeRun has two tuners with two cable inputs, and I went through all the clear QAM channels on both as well as a sampling of encrypted channels on the HDHR Prime (only one cable input split internally). Most signal readings were good - some up to 100% but usually above 85% - but they were consistently lower on one of the two QAM tuners. Still, everything on that one was decent except the Fox multiplex, which was 80%. I looked and the tuner with worse quality had a thinner cable, so I replaced it with RG-6. Strangely, though, this did nothing to the signal readings. My wife just watched the Glee episode that was recorded immediately prior to the problematic New Girl, and it was fine until almost the end when it started breaking up, so it's not always bad.

I had problems last year with signal strength and a guy came out and checked everything, replaced some splitters and my amp, and someone else did some stuff on the pole (we had reverse tilt, too). That stabilized AMC, which was previously problematic, and I haven't noticed other issues. I think they were of the opinion that they did about as much as they could and the readings were pretty good. Maybe just that one tuner is getting old or wasn't originally built as flawlessly or it's just that particular frequency Fox is on now - who knows. I'll just lower the priority of that tuner and it should never get used unless I somehow find 5 things at once to record.

Because these tuners are network based network issues can cause issues that look like signal strength issues. Might want to run a wireshark capture to see if there are any issues going on with your network. Also try disabling flow control on the nic on your pc. Changing this setting helped me considerably also had to upgrade my network switch. I assume your running gig speeds on your network?
post #3280 of 3591 Old 05-15-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkramer View Post

Because these tuners are network based network issues can cause issues that look like signal strength issues. Might want to run a wireshark capture to see if there are any issues going on with your network. Also try disabling flow control on the nic on your pc. Changing this setting helped me considerably also had to upgrade my network switch. I assume your running gig speeds on your network?

Interesting thoughts - I'll check into that a bit. The HTPC and both HDHRs are connected to the same gigabit switch, but it does need a lot of bandwidth since all recordings have to go over the wire to the HTPC for storage (one disadvantage compared to the Ceton cards, I suppose).

The signal strength readings for the Prime are coming from its web-based panel, so I would assume those are coming from the box itself. The non-Prime HDHR's readings were from Silicon Dust's hdhomerun_config_gui program running on my HTPC - no clue how those numbers are derived, but I think they might come from the actual device, too, because there's a CLI app that can show similar numbers and other status info. Regardless, the two tuners with divergent readings are in the same physical box using the same network connection, so it would be a bit odd if the network were affecting one and not the other. Maybe my cable replacement really didn't do much - perhaps I'll swap the cables between the two tuners and see if their readings swap as well.
post #3281 of 3591 Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 PM

Hello maybe someone can help me, i have charterhd and for the last four months i have had snow on analog tvs and tiling on my hd tvs, the problem is more at night from 7 pm and later. I have had 3 power splitters changed, new cables in the house, a new wire run from box to home.. my phone and internet never fail, just the tvs become unwatchable . What do i do next ,i noticed on the analog tv, 96 is snowy, 2 thru 13 are really snowy, 14 thru 50 sre snowy and 51 thru 94 are clear.
post #3282 of 3591 Old 05-23-2012, 09:44 PM

Good evening,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you have been having with your analogue channels. Typically when the channels go snowy after a certain time frame it is due to signal levels fluctuating during prime time (more people on). I would like to take a look to see what is causing these issues for you.

Can you send us a PM with the address, and phone number associated with the account so I can have a look?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp7128 View Post

Hello maybe someone can help me, i have charterhd and for the last four months i have had snow on analog tvs and tiling on my hd tvs, the problem is more at night from 7 pm and later. I have had 3 power splitters changed, new cables in the house, a new wire run from box to home.. my phone and internet never fail, just the tvs become unwatchable . What do i do next ,i noticed on the analog tv, 96 is snowy, 2 thru 13 are really snowy, 14 thru 50 sre snowy and 51 thru 94 are clear.

post #3283 of 3591 Old 05-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Any news on the Tivo rollout in St. Louis?
post #3284 of 3591 Old 05-24-2012, 02:18 PM

Good afternoon,

I wanted to follow up with you today to see if you were still having trouble. If so PM us some account info and we will be glad to assist.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp7128 View Post

post #3285 of 3591 Old 05-25-2012, 04:20 AM
oby

Hello Charter,

Could you add ME-TV to the lineup? It has a great schedule of nostalgia tv shows.

Thanks
post #3286 of 3591 Old 05-28-2012, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Are any of you guys experiencing video lock ups, like screen freeze, or sometimes it just turns to a black screen @ times..??
It has even happened on recordings..??
post #3287 of 3591 Old 05-29-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oby View Post

Hello Charter,

Could you add ME-TV to the lineup? It has a great schedule of nostalgia tv shows.

Thanks

Good Morning,

I have submitted a channel request for you that will be considered for future additions

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3288 of 3591 Old 05-29-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Ram Fan View Post

Are any of you guys experiencing video lock ups, like screen freeze, or sometimes it just turns to a black screen @ times..??

Good Morning,

Sorry to hear about the video trouble We aren't showing any area issues. If you would like us to have a tech out to investigate, please PM me with what dates/times work best for you and the best phone number to reach you to confirm the appointment.

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3289 of 3591 Old 05-29-2012, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks Dylan, we had a real good tech out last time, & he saw no problem besides he had to add a booster..
The problem intermittent maybe once in an evening. or maybe not at all that night !
This multi-room motorola is miles ahead of the 2 MOXIEs that i went through.
Sure will be glad to see the new [problem free i hope] TIVO style boxes from charter...

Thanks, Old Ram Fan
post #3290 of 3591 Old 05-29-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:

Thanks Dylan, we had a real good tech out last time, & he saw no problem besides he had to add a booster..
The problem intermittent maybe once in an evening. or maybe not at all that night !
This multi-room motorola is miles ahead of the 2 MOXIEs that i went through.
Sure will be glad to see the new [problem free i hope] TIVO style boxes from charter...

Thanks, Old Ram Fan

Ok,

If the problem persists or you change your mind just let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3291 of 3591 Old 06-03-2012, 10:41 PM

I had that happen lastnight. seems like the show is changing resulution and messes up the tv.

Quote:

post #3292 of 3591 Old 06-03-2012, 10:43 PM

I watch me-tv with a antenna. there going have hogans heroes and green acres soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oby View Post

Hello Charter,

Thanks

post #3293 of 3591 Old 06-04-2012, 09:20 AM

It looks like new pricing/packages are coming:
http://charter.com/tvpackages
post #3294 of 3591 Old 06-04-2012, 11:31 PM

Can you guys provide any more information on the rollout of the TIVOs in St. Louis?

Thanks.
post #3295 of 3591 Old 06-05-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt_DoUrden View Post

Can you guys provide any more information on the rollout of the TIVOs in St. Louis?

Thanks.

Good Morning,

All updates will come through and be posted on http://www.charter.com/tivo. Please continue to check that site for any new info and sign up to be notified when it will be released.

Thanks,

Dylan
post #3296 of 3591 Old 06-06-2012, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Don't expect the meteoric rise in cable/satellite rates every year to level off any time soon... and the main culprit will be the retrans fees charged by the local stations. Personally, I wish everyone could get an antenna so DirecTV/Dish/Uverse/Charter could tell the local channels to take a long walk off a short pier. When the government first allowed satellite retransmission of local into local, I highly doubt this was the intended result.

From The Morning Bridge today:

Moody's analyst Carl Salas tells SNL Kagan that retransmission revenue will hit $6B by 2020, about 25% of all revenues generated at TV stations. Even more alarming is that retrans revs only accounted for 2% of total TV station revenue in 2005 and 11% this year.

Bob Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis
post #3297 of 3591 Old 06-06-2012, 09:19 AM

I can get rid of cable easly since i record a lot of shows with my antenna and i can watch shows on netflix and hulu. and i got about 700 dvds and blu-rays to watch

But a lot of people do not want a antenna. My mom wont use antenna tv becouse the antenna looks bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Simandl View Post

Don't expect the meteoric rise in cable/satellite rates every year to level off any time soon... and the main culprit will be the retrans fees charged by the local stations. Personally, I wish everyone could get an antenna so DirecTV/Dish/Uverse/Charter could tell the local channels to take a long walk off a short pier. When the government first allowed satellite retransmission of local into local, I highly doubt this was the intended result.
From The Morning Bridge today:
Moody's analyst Carl Salas tells SNL Kagan that retransmission revenue will hit $6B by 2020, about 25% of all revenues generated at TV stations. Even more alarming is that retrans revs only accounted for 2% of total TV station revenue in 2005 and 11% this year.
post #3298 of 3591 Old 06-13-2012, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 115
I know I'm probably a voice in the wilderness (so to speak) here but I'd like to request the addition of the upcoming Pac12 network. I'd be happy to pay a premium for the channel (or have it a part of the sports tier that I am already subscribed to) since I am sure this isn't something generally appealing here in STL.
post #3299 of 3591 Old 06-13-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

I know I'm probably a voice in the wilderness (so to speak) here but I'd like to request the addition of the upcoming Pac12 network. I'd be happy to pay a premium for the channel (or have it a part of the sports tier that I am already subscribed to) since I am sure this isn't something generally appealing here in STL.

We can definitely get the request submitted for you, even if it's not "generally appealing here in STL" smile.gif

Josh
post #3300 of 3591 Old 06-14-2012, 03:51 PM

Yeah, I saw the packages. The real question is what will they mean for existing customers. Higher bills? Lower bills? Assuming I have Digital View Plus and MR/DVR with two HDTVs, what's the impact going to be? UMatter?
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page