St. Louis, MO - Charter - Page 118 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #3511 of 3591 Old 06-25-2013, 10:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
give Charter credit for FSMDW due to the fact that it is a test screen 97% if the time. 10.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3512 of 3591 Old 06-26-2013, 06:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 657
With Charter sending 30mbps Internet / Land Line Phone / CATV all thru the same pipe, compression artifacts and re-encodes will likely remain the order of the day ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #3513 of 3591 Old 06-28-2013, 09:02 PM

Does anyone actually get 30 meg? I don't really make a big deal of it but I just upgraded to a Gigabit router and figured I'd see if it made a difference but I still only got 16 meg or so on my speed test. I can live with getting half of more-than-fast-enough internet moreso than pixellated sports, but it still seems as though it should be able to peak out the speed tests.
post #3514 of 3591 Old 06-29-2013, 09:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglebungle View Post

Does anyone actually get 30 meg? I don't really make a big deal of it but I just upgraded to a Gigabit router and figured I'd see if it made a difference but I still only got 16 meg or so on my speed test. I can live with getting half of more-than-fast-enough internet moreso than pixellated sports, but it still seems as though it should be able to peak out the speed tests.

on the cnet speed test, I average around 28mbps .. slightly higher during non peak times .. of YMMV ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #3515 of 3591 Old 07-05-2013, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglebungle View Post

This is typical of what we get in O'Fallon, MO..

post #3516 of 3591 Old 07-05-2013, 03:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstolze View Post

This is typical of what we get in O'Fallon, MO..

Of course, being close to the Home Office may help just a little .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie

post #3517 of 3591 Old 07-05-2013, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
In Wentzville, here is what I got

Last Result:
Download Speed: 52.93 Mbps (6.62 MB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 4.24 Mbps (0.53 MB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 20 ms
Friday, July 05, 2013 7:47:18 PM

This actually surprised me. I usually get around 37 or so.

Mike
post #3518 of 3591 Old 07-08-2013, 10:30 AM

Got 21 or so the other day during the evening. Our TV signal has not always been great, either, so it could partially be a bad line.
post #3519 of 3591 Old 08-09-2013, 05:36 AM

This morning I've been seeing 80s on download and 4.2s on upload from both speakeasy 'speed test plus' and speedtest.net. I'm currently streaming music videos and my lowest speedtest has been 61 mbps down and 4.2x mpbs up.

My tests are always over 60 mbps down on the charter 30 meg package here in O Fallon IL.
post #3520 of 3591 Old 09-06-2013, 11:29 AM

Just got my older dch3416 replaced with a new dcx3510-m. anyone in the stl area use this newer box? how is it working for you? It got replaced because my HBO HD channel (600) is getting really bad compression artifacts. None of my other channels are doing it. The new box hasn't helped. They are supposed to send someone tonight to 'tune the drop'.
post #3521 of 3591 Old 09-17-2013, 09:47 AM

Harmony Remote- So I just got a Motorola DCX3510-M DVR box from Charter and the remote doesn't seem to like this one much. I know the box works fine because the remote I got with it functions just fine. But the Harmony One doesn't work all the time. Sometimes Ill have to push the button 4-5 times before the box gets the signal. Holding the button down doesn't seem to make a difference. I've resetup the remote and have been unable to find another problem like this with the remote, please help!
post #3522 of 3591 Old 09-17-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danelly77 View Post

Harmony Remote- So I just got a Motorola DCX3510-M DVR box from Charter and the remote doesn't seem to like this one much. I know the box works fine because the remote I got with it functions just fine. But the Harmony One doesn't work all the time. Sometimes Ill have to push the button 4-5 times before the box gets the signal. Holding the button down doesn't seem to make a difference. I've resetup the remote and have been unable to find another problem like this with the remote, please help!

The Charter folks have been long gone from here .. you may want to call Harmony on that as it may be a bad remote .. also, make sure you have a full battery charge .. and set the remote up for a different device if you can and check that out ..

Uncle Willie

post #3523 of 3591 Old 09-20-2013, 03:26 PM

Anyone using one of the new TiVo Romeos with Charter Cablecards?

I know some people have had trouble getting tuners 5 and 6 to work and while I haven't heard anyone mention Charter, it would make me feel better if I heard someone say that they had all 6 tuners working on Charter hardware.
post #3524 of 3591 Old 10-18-2013, 11:41 AM

I have two HD Homerun Primes and I have issues when trying to record more than 4 programs at once. One of the recordings will stop providing data every 2-3 minutes for 2-3 minutes at a time.
post #3525 of 3591 Old 10-18-2013, 11:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbearboy View Post

I have two HD Homerun Primes and I have issues when trying to record more than 4 programs at once. One of the recordings will stop providing data every 2-3 minutes for 2-3 minutes at a time.

http://www.silicondust.com/support/

Uncle Willie

post #3526 of 3591 Old 11-19-2013, 03:13 PM

Does Charter provide a DVR capable of recording 6 shows at once? Because if they do, apparently they are required by the FCC to allow a 3rd party option to do the same.
post #3527 of 3591 Old 11-19-2013, 03:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ort View Post

Does Charter provide a DVR capable of recording 6 shows at once? Because if they do, apparently they are required by the FCC to allow a 3rd party option to do the same.

The max I can get is 2 shows at once while I'm watching a different (recorded) show .. I think that's as good as it gets ..

Uncle Willie

post #3528 of 3591 Old 12-06-2013, 04:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Try Stereo Output .. Matrix
Audio Output .. Advanced
Compression .. Light

Uncle Willie

post #3529 of 3591 Old 01-09-2014, 10:41 PM

This is a repeat post, as 1st one went on main AVS HDTV forum page..

Wondering what you guys are being charged for 30Mg Internet service...
Before I went on TV - Phone - Internt pkg. it was $30 a month !

1st of all I'd like to Thank the folks who worker the U-Matter part of this Forum.
There were time you guys gave us all tips to straighten out problems without having to trouble Charters busy Tech for a Home visit..

Thanks U-Matter !! We'll all miss you!

On charters reception, are any of you getting FREEZE frames stumbling Video & Dropped or Garbled audio @ intermittent times ??

On pricing, my understanding was services were $29.95 for the 3 services each.
4 DVR service use was $20

It's hard to go on Charters site to see what lowest prices are.
As soon as type in your address & they know you have Charter , they won't let you see the prices for programming !!! mad.gif

My service shot up around $35 to $40 per month. That's a lot of money per year for a old fart on a fixed income.

I'm guessing Charter is pushing you to either pay more or go ahead & move to Dish or DirecTV

DirecTV has offer of $69.94 per month for over 205 channels , free Genie HD TVR upgrade, plus Internet w/ Wi-Fi & Phone service.

I hate changing over but that's what we've come to !
Like Russian Roulette !!wink.gif
post #3530 of 3591 Old 01-09-2014, 11:43 PM

When you don't have a picture on your Motorola 6500 & show,
Ref Code : SO600

What does this mean ???? mad.gif
post #3531 of 3591 Old 01-11-2014, 12:11 PM

my 30meg internet just went up to $47 a month...
post #3532 of 3591 Old 01-17-2014, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm surprised nobody has posted about Charter's change to all digital.

I'm wondering whether folks with Charter DVRs are changed over -- do you have all the channels? Are the on-board listings and labels correct?

I ask because I've got TiVos, and it's Day 4 of the switch, and everything is scrambled. Some new stations are listed but there's no info, or I get a tuning adapter error, or a check your connection error. I don't want to call Charter if this is "normal."

thx
barry
post #3533 of 3591 Old 01-18-2014, 09:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^ I thought the primary impact on the all digital change was the loss of the concurrent analog feed .. ??

Uncle Willie

post #3534 of 3591 Old 01-18-2014, 12:54 PM

I have a tivo and have lost a few channels. There have been no new channels added to my tivo lineup. Both of my analog tv's still get the basic cable. It looks like the new channel lineup they sent me shows there will still be several analog channels still. If this is true how is this all digital?
post #3535 of 3591 Old 01-19-2014, 04:08 PM

I talked to Charter and TiVo yesterday.

Charter said the conversion is complete. They sent my tuning adapter a hit, no change.

TiVo may have been unaware of the lineup change; at least the CSR I talked to didn't see a record of any escalation of a lineup issue in St. Louis. He did start one however, and he said to wait a week and what happens. I'll be out of town for a week, won't be able to check till the 28th.
post #3536 of 3591 Old 01-27-2014, 11:22 AM

According to the "All Digital" FAQ on Charter's website, the only equipment you will need to get a TiVo to work with Charter is a Cablecard. No mention of a tuning adaptor at all.

But here you guys are talking about Tuning Adaptors, so I'm assuming Charter just screwed up on their webpage like they screw up every single thing that they touch?

Quote:
Connecting your Retail-purchased TiVo to digital equipment or CableCARD
Series1 or Series2 Single Tuner DVR:

You will need to connect your TiVo DVR to the digital equipment from Charter to continue receiving all of your channels. Please visit www.tivo.com/alldigital or contact TiVo for instructions on how to set up your TiVo DVR with Charter digital equipment.
Series2 Dual Tuner DVR:

You will need to connect your TiVo DVR to the digital equipment from Charter to continue receiving all of your channels. However, the S2 box will not be able to dual tune and will only be able to receive channels on the single tuner using the required equipment from Charter.
Please visit www.tivo.com/alldigital or contact TiVo for instructions on how to set up your TiVo DVR with Charter digital equipment.
Series3/HD DVRs:

If you do not already have CableCARDs installed in your TiVo DVR, you will need Charter to provide you with:
Series3 HD DVR: Two (2) CableCARDs
TiVo HD or TiVo HD XL: Either one (1) M-Card or two (2) S-Cards
TiVo Premiere and Premiere XL: one (1) M-Card
TiVo Premiere from Charter equipment was installed with CableCARDs and will not require any changes

I'm a little nervous about all of this, because it's happening right in the middle of the Olympics and I've been looking forward to watching Olympic hockey for years.
post #3537 of 3591 Old 01-31-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ort View Post

According to the "All Digital" FAQ on Charter's website, the only equipment you will need to get a TiVo to work with Charter is a Cablecard. No mention of a tuning adaptor at all.

But here you guys are talking about Tuning Adaptors, so I'm assuming Charter just screwed up on their webpage like they screw up every single thing that they touch?
I'm a little nervous about all of this, because it's happening right in the middle of the Olympics and I've been looking forward to watching Olympic hockey for years.

Tuning Adapters are required with TiVos, sadly.
post #3538 of 3591 Old 02-04-2014, 08:26 AM

Here's a shocker...

Getting my cablecard set up is turning into a long drawn out frustrating process.
post #3539 of 3591 Old 02-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Every time I turn on my TV my DVR automatically tunes to Channel 902 to inform me about Charter going all digital. This has been occurring for the last two weeks. Charter: we get the message. However, it appears we will have another two weeks of this notice. Is there any way to avoid this?
post #3540 of 3591 Old 02-05-2014, 08:16 AM

just got a BUNCH of new channels today. things like BBC America HD, FXX HD, and some of the extra HBO channels in HD. didn't get a chance to look at them all, but it's a pretty amazing (and longtime coming) update.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page