St. Louis, MO - Charter - Page 122 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #3631 of 3637 Old 03-03-2017, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2031 Post(s)
Liked: 2405
Please, please tell me a new DVR is coming .. I am so tired of ::

STB 1
Manufacturer: Motorola
Model: DCX3510MHD-DVR

Record 2 shows at a time / watch one show already on the DVR concurrently .. it's just getting ridiculous shuffling shows ..

Now, I hear Charter / Spectrum is no longer offering Cable Cards, so even a TIVO might not be possible ..
madrushian likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3632 of 3637 Old 06-28-2017, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone know if calling up Charter/Spectrum and complaining about your bill will result in getting some sort of deal?

It used to work that way, and then they changed it so no one ever got deals of any kind. Now the rates are creeping up and I'm getting annoyed. My wife is ready to cut the cable forever, but I still like having it.

Lowering my bill sure would be nice.
post #3633 of 3637 Old 06-28-2017, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2031 Post(s)
Liked: 2405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ort View Post
Does anyone know if calling up Charter/Spectrum and complaining about your bill will result in getting some sort of deal?

It used to work that way, and then they changed it so no one ever got deals of any kind. Now the rates are creeping up and I'm getting annoyed. My wife is ready to cut the cable forever, but I still like having it.

Calling and telling them to disconnect worked for me .. got transferred to the "Customer Retention Dept" .. YMMV

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #3634 of 3637 Old 07-07-2017, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

A week before my first year was up (saving $40/month on my bundle), I was all set to make "the call" to cancel Charter. About one week before cancellation day, I got a letter from the president of Charter/Spectrum. He explained how grateful they were to have me as a customer and then explained my bill would only go up a few dollars. I skipped the call and kept Charter. They are reading minds..
post #3635 of 3637 Old 07-13-2017, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:

If Calling the retention people doesn't work for you. I have another solution. After 10 years being loyal customer I was at the point where i couldn't receive any more discounts.

So I canceled my cable service but kept the internet services. I then switched to sling tv. This saved me 75 bucks a month

Sling Tv is worth the price by the way. The service was excellent.

Then 6 to 12 months later I recieved an offer in the mail from charter That gave me 90% of the channels offered on sling's best package for $ 25 cheaper for cable, internet and 1 DVR

I looked at my bill today and they stated they would renewed my promotion for another year. If both my promotions are renewed (cable service discount and Free DVR box and service) Charter will be in my good graces again.

Display 55" XBR 900 E
Video. Samsung K8500 4K Player
Audio TBD
Remote Harmony 700
post #3636 of 3637 Old 07-13-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:

Another piece of advice. Turn in your set top cable boxes(6.99 per box) You can use the charter app to stream ur service on multiple TVs ( if you have a streaming service that carries charters App)at the same time. I have been doing this for a year with excellent results.

I had 4 boxes turned them in and saved over $25 a month

I hope my advice helps you

Display 55" XBR 900 E
Audio TBD
Remote Harmony 700
post #3637 of 3637 Old 07-13-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Please, please tell me a new DVR is coming .. I am so tired of ::

STB 1
Manufacturer: Motorola
Model: DCX3510MHD-DVR

Record 2 shows at a time / watch one show already on the DVR concurrently .. it's just getting ridiculous shuffling shows ..

Now, I hear Charter / Spectrum is no longer offering Cable Cards, so even a TIVO might not be possible ..
I agree 100%. I hope when they do replace them the boxes are capable of transmitting and record in upscaled and native 4K

Display 55" XBR 900 E
Audio TBD
Remote Harmony 700
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page