Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 3587 Old 08-17-2007, 07:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcfila View Post

I am unable to attend. Can everyone that does go please tell them to put an OTA tuner in the retail version?

One version will have an OTA tuner, but no cable card support. The other will use a single m-stream cable card, but have no OTA support. This version will allow you to add multiple retail mate boxes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 3587 Old 08-17-2007, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They mentioned last nite at the MOXI Tour that maybe later on they will add OTA to the other box. It just blows my mind why developer/manufacturers don't send out massive surveys to see what the customers want. Why in the world would they not have OTA on both MOXIs! Moximessenger and Moximate did a super good job last nite presenting the tour.

Dish 1000+/Dish 500/SIRIUS Radio/OTA Terrestrial Digital DB4/26 dB PreAmp
119 / 110 / 61.5 / 118.7 / 129
DPP44 / Duo Nodex2 / HWSx4 / Joeyx1
Slingbox 500

post #363 of 3587 Old 08-17-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4XiMuS View Post

100% confirmed... almost. I have no confirmation on ESPN-U coming to the St. Louis market. To my knowledge, it's only being made available in Wisconsin at the moment. The bill insert you were previously referring to confirms this.

I had to resize the insert to 1024x768 so the attachment would cooperate.

Thats great, i love that they are adding these channels.

TV: Vizio 32" LCD and Toshiba 42" LCD
Cinema: Onkyo TX-SR304 and Sony STR-K790
HD:Directv HR21-100 and HR21-200 with 1TB External HDD
HD Players:Toshiba HD-A2,Sony BD-350
Remote: Harmony One
post #364 of 3587 Old 08-17-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrshell View Post

They mentioned last nite at the MOXI Tour that maybe later on they will add OTA to the other box. It just blows my mind why developer/manufacturers don't send out massive surveys to see what the customers want. Why in the world would they not have OTA on both MOXIs! Moximessenger and Moximate did a super good job last nite presenting the tour.

Yeah I have to agree on that as far as OTA goes.. I can't believe they would develop and put it in one box, but leave it out of the more expensive box... If for no reason than to give the box one more tuner to use to record OTA items or in our case would allow us to Record CBS during the contract disputes...

Other than that it was an entertaining evening last night, although I think so much information has been given on these forums that there wasn't any real surprises or new information given to us that attended.

-Phatty
post #365 of 3587 Old 08-17-2007, 09:28 AM

Yep, I am glad I went to at least get the info that someone is looking into the slingbox remote control issue. To be honest with you I am switching to Dish TV soon. I am really tired of the dvr issues with Charter. Dish TV has a superb hd dvr and they can communicate over the ethernet and it has the usb external hard drive activated. Their hard drive can connected to the other receivers. Doesn't have to be married to the one receiver it was formatted with as long as all receivers are on your account. Also, I am not real sure but I think the dvr can record the OTA channel and also the other two tuners at the same time. Dish also has more HD channels. I have always wanted to try satellite so going to try it out for a while. Maybe switch back to Charter when they have their new MOXIs.

Slingbox 500

post #366 of 3587 Old 08-17-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:

Yep, I am glad I went to at least get the info that someone is looking into the slingbox remote control issue. To be honest with you I am switching to Dish TV soon. I am really tired of the dvr issues with Charter. Dish TV has a superb hd dvr and they can communicate over the ethernet and it has the usb external hard drive activated. Their hard drive can connected to the other receivers. Doesn't have to be married to the one receiver it was formatted with as long as all receivers are on your account. Also, I am not real sure but I think the dvr can record the OTA channel and also the other two tuners at the same time. Dish also has more HD channels. I have always wanted to try satellite so going to try it out for a while. Maybe switch back to Charter when they have their new MOXIs.

Please come back after you switch and let us know your opinion. I'd really like to hear from someone who has experienced Moxi and Charter.
Wayne
post #367 of 3587 Old 08-17-2007, 11:44 AM

I posted this on the Moxi board and thought some might find it helpful:

Last evening there was a Moxi "meet & greet" at a local watering hole. It was nice to put a face with some of the folks that have contributed to this forum. MoxiMessenger and the other woman ( sorry I forgot her name) were nice and knowledgeable about the two new retail products.

I must say I really didn't learn too much although I have previously kept up with all the PR releases so there wasn't much new. But I do have a better feel for the company and where they are headed in the future. I realize that they can't tell us everything but if you read between the lines you get a good feeling for the future of their tiny company.

I think they were surprised to see so many of us in the audience (~20 while I was there) that were Moxi and Moxi Mate users and also about a fourth of us were Sling Box users! They commented that their engineers have had recent discussions with the Sling Box folks, have narrowed down the problems and are working on a solution. While support for Sling Box is not one of their features, they can see the synergy that these products have.

I was a little surprised (pleasantly) that they didn't push for more demographics from us but I guess they know their market. It was a very low key presentation with little hype and a genuine attempt to see what we were feeling about the Moxi and future products.

Overall I am still on the fence about the retail Moxi. With no support for the Apple Macintosh for audio streaming, no personal need presently for a HD mate and the fear that if I lay down $$$ and it turns out to be as mechanically shaky as the Moxi I will be disappointed.

The positive side would include a prettier (HD) and more functional (more info) interface. And probably the best feature would be the ability to get nearly immediate software updates. It's all a balancing act with what they have and what we want. Time will tell.

I'm glad I went and I sense they see the need for the multiroom (4) solutions. I also hope they don't make the mistake that Apple did when they overpriced the Macintosh and tried to make all their profits from us early adopters. You need to have smaller margins and get this out to the masses.

Just my opinion.
Please correct me if I miss spoke about any details.

Wayne
post #368 of 3587 Old 08-21-2007, 07:47 PM

trying to order Charter high speed internet for my father-in-law. I recently moved him from his home to a retirement complex on Clayton Road in West St Louis County. The monthly lease includes cable TV, works fine, just connected to the wall outlet and excellent picture, better than he had at his house.

Tried the online order process, $20 a month for first 6 months for 3 meg service. At the end of the order I was prompted to click a button to speak to a CSR, my phone rang immediately with a recording on the other end and after 4 or 5 minutes a live rep picked up. First issue, my father-in-law had to validate the order, no problem, conference him in I asked. No can do said the rep, he'll have to call or go to a local office. I was not allowed to conference him in and the rep could not dial out. The rep then advised that my father-in-law would have to have a "professional install" for $50, plus $30 deposit. Why, I asked? Because he doesn't have cable TV, the rep said. I reminded the rep that he did, it was included in his monthly lease and the complex paid the bill. Cable TV worked fine. That threw the rep, who advised that we'll have to go to a local office to continue the order. I asked, assuming that we do that, what is the cost for internet after the first 6 months. $54/month said the rep, because he doesn't have cable TV! Here we go again . . .

I told the rep this was getting sillier by the minute, let's cancel the order. You can't cancel the order said the rep, my father-in-law will have to call to do that. I was floored. I asked what happens if he doesn't call to cancel. The order will be automatically cancelled after a few days, the rep said. Good grief, said I, and hung up.

What is the deal with Charter's customer service? And what's the deal with the inflated internet price without cable TV? AT&T now has to offer "naked" DSL, if no AT&T phone service, only a modest $5 additional cost, packages start at $20. I can't wait for AT&T to move in with IPTV in November and start stealing Charter's comfortable TV business and pull more internet away as well. Charter's pricing structure and customer dis-service is obscene.
post #369 of 3587 Old 08-22-2007, 05:52 PM

Privacy issues, first it was for medical issues, now it is extended to all kinds of areas. My secretary can't talk to the credit card company about the company credit card issued to me, I have to talk to them as the "acount holder". Same with many other accounts. Ain't progress wonderful?
post #370 of 3587 Old 08-25-2007, 04:21 PM

I am happy to report that I ordered Charter HD this week to upgrade my service. The tech showed up with a slighty seasoned fully functioning Moxi box.

So for those wondering they are still putting them back out there.

Your local friendly water plant operator.
post #371 of 3587 Old 08-25-2007, 07:37 PM

I got hd just not the dvr, so how is the moxi that is out right now is it worth the money? im already paying over 100 for cable itself cause i got everything except for the sports tier.

post #372 of 3587 Old 08-29-2007, 03:32 PM

I just got a letter today from Charter. I opened up the seal only to find that it was completely empty! Ha! No wonder why this company is loosing so much money.

Any guesses to the intended contents??
post #373 of 3587 Old 08-30-2007, 01:24 PM

All their service promises. Empty like the envelop.
post #374 of 3587 Old 08-31-2007, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosejaw50 View Post

I am happy to report that I ordered Charter HD this week to upgrade my service. The tech showed up with a slighty seasoned fully functioning Moxi box.

So for those wondering they are still putting them back out there.

I sure hope you didn't get the one I swapped out. It worked fine 99% of the time but every month would lose it's memory. I can see it going right back on the shelf and out to another unsuspecting susbscriber...I sure hope not.

Wayne
post #375 of 3587 Old 08-31-2007, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrpj View Post

I just got a letter today from Charter. I opened up the seal only to find that it was completely empty! Ha! No wonder why this company is loosing so much money.

Any guesses to the intended contents??

My bill, received yesterday, confirmed the 3 new HD channels (A & E HD, History Channel HD, and Starz HD.) effective September 12.
Wayne
post #376 of 3587 Old 08-31-2007, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWSHER View Post

My bill, received yesterday, confirmed the 3 new HD channels (A & E HD, History Channel HD, and Starz HD.) effective September 12.
Wayne

I got an email from them confirming this, plus ESPN U added to Sports Tier.
post #377 of 3587 Old 08-31-2007, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothamcity View Post

I got an email from them confirming this, plus ESPN U added to Sports Tier.

It's also on their website, under "channel lineup changes":

http://connect.charter.com/portal/se...ellineups.aspx
post #378 of 3587 Old 08-31-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWSHER View Post

Wayne

Wonderful, now we will be able to watch "Dog, the Bounty Hunter" in glorious HD!!!

We need CBS back. I hope all of us Charter HD people are e-mailing both Charter and Belo WEEKLY urging a resolution so we can get CBS programming in HD.
post #379 of 3587 Old 09-01-2007, 12:12 AM

Install an OTA antenna. We pull in good CBS HD from St. Louis.

Slingbox 500

post #380 of 3587 Old 09-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Anyone else without ESPN-HD right now?

I'm getting the "you don's subscribe to this channel" message.
post #381 of 3587 Old 09-01-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saluki View Post

Anyone else without ESPN-HD right now?

I'm getting the "you don's subscribe to this channel" message.

Yep, same here.
post #382 of 3587 Old 09-01-2007, 03:38 PM

I am not getting it either. ESPN2 is working good.

Slingbox 500

post #383 of 3587 Old 09-01-2007, 03:57 PM

No ESPN-HD for me either. I'm so sick of this... I have to call Charter on average every two weeks.
post #384 of 3587 Old 09-01-2007, 03:58 PM

That is why and some other reasons I am having DishTV satellite installed this Thursday.

Slingbox 500

post #385 of 3587 Old 09-02-2007, 11:39 PM

Thanks KSDK.....Tiger and Phil playing together in the next to last group on Monday and we get the Jerry Lewis Telethon instead....Just great!!!!
post #386 of 3587 Old 09-03-2007, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzball View Post

Thanks KSDK.....Tiger and Phil playing together in the next to last group on Monday and we get the Jerry Lewis Telethon instead....Just great!!!!

Indeed. Damn those MD kids getting in the way again.
post #387 of 3587 Old 09-04-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:

Install an OTA antenna. We pull in good CBS HD from St. Louis.

Yep thats true even with a rigged antenna, my antenna right now is a coaxial cable taped to a copper pipe and the copper pipe is placed where it gets the best signal and then taped there.Great Picture too.ITS IN MY BASEMENT AND GETTING EVERY CHANNEL WHICH IS AMAZING.

heres my antenna...lmfao

(Pic quality not that good took with cell phone.Works great)

post #388 of 3587 Old 09-04-2007, 01:59 PM

How do you like my attic mount? Pulls in good from St. Louis
LL
LL

Slingbox 500

post #389 of 3587 Old 09-04-2007, 03:07 PM

Yeah thats cool heres some pics of my setup.

Heres a picture of the signal.

and its in my basment its amazing i can pick up a signal

post #390 of 3587 Old 09-04-2007, 03:13 PM