St. Louis, MO - Charter - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 3575 Old 03-01-2007, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just saw a post on another forum. Someone in South Carolina claims they started receiving ESPN2 HD last night after a Moxi update. Maybe we have hope for an expanded lineup!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 3575 Old 03-02-2007, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstolze View Post

Just saw a post on another forum. Someone in South Carolina claims they started receiving ESPN2 HD last night after a Moxi update. Maybe we have hope for an expanded lineup!

Not only ESPN2 HD but StarzHD as well, and just to note, my in-laws live in Greenville and I will be relocating there in the next few months, their premium channel offerings are much greater than what we get, they offer all the Cinemax, Showtime, HBO, TMC, Flix, etc channels offered with east and west channels. It is amazing how each region is so different for the same company.
post #63 of 3575 Old 03-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesalaman View Post

Good to know that the firewire works on the 3416.

Definitely on my todo list now to trade up my 6200 for the 3416. Especially since they seem to let you self-install now.

This is unreal!! I can not believe HBO-HD is not 5c encrypted. That is the channel he recorded content from. Aspec2 reports that most of the HD channels are free of the flag!

I assumed that all the premium channels were 5c encrypted. I suppose I assumed wrong. This is specifically why I have avoided the world of HTPC's.

I would love to archive movies in their full HD and DD5.1 glory! I am a lowly HD @480i archiver. Anybody else been successful in this regard?
post #64 of 3575 Old 03-02-2007, 09:11 AM

Someone asked about upload speeds on Charter HSI.

3m - 256k
5m - 512k
10m - 1m

I have the 10m and can say I rarely see the 10m speed. I always get my 1m up though. I have everything Charter offers except for phone and pay $139.45 per month. I am calling today to complain about the 10m speed never being there and see what I can lower it to monthly.
post #65 of 3575 Old 03-02-2007, 09:34 AM

I am always getting over 10 down, some older routers and modems have issues with the higher speeds. Also you may have do some tweaking of your tcp receive window.
I use testmy.net and speedtest.net for my test, do not choose a server in MO, I use the server from Chicago. I also use the tweak test and tools on dslreports.com, but not the speed test. Hope this helps!
post #66 of 3575 Old 03-02-2007, 09:58 AM

I have a brand new modem and router. I have tweaked to no end. I saw over 10m once and since then nadda. I run an IT dept and have have done all the checks. This is even a new deployment area for Charter. I just need them to come check it.
post #67 of 3575 Old 03-04-2007, 11:39 AM

I pay for the Charter 3mg service, and here is what I got. Looks fine to me.
post #68 of 3575 Old 03-06-2007, 01:27 PM

I read that numerous cable operators have caved in to Belo's demands and started to pay them for the HD signal. Will Charter cave in time for the NCAA Basketball Tournament, or are we screwed as usual. I noticed Charter added Flix, but still no ESPN2 and Starz HD in STL!!!! Why do they not give their hometown subscribers all the stations they give their smaller markets? Do they have a bandwidth issue???
post #69 of 3575 Old 03-06-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkb View Post

I read that numerous cable operators have caved in to Belo's demands and started to pay them for the HD signal. Will Charter cave in time for the NCAA Basketball Tournament, or are we screwed as usual. I noticed Charter added Flix, but still no ESPN2 and Starz HD in STL!!!! Why do they not give their hometown subscribers all the stations they give their smaller markets? Do they have a bandwidth issue???

Do you mean FLIX, Charter 627? It is not HD, so it is of no value to me. (So far as the bandwidth, I haven't a clue. There are more technical people who probably know the answer to that.)
post #70 of 3575 Old 03-06-2007, 03:57 PM

Yeah. Unfortunately, I am referring to the non-HD channel. Pretty sad, isn't it? WHY NO STARZ HD OR, more importantly, NO ESPN2HD???? Charter, where is the love for you homeboys??? Hopefully, Webster will get ATT UVerse soon, and Charter will feel some heat. I get the feeling that Charter only cares about telephone service now!
post #71 of 3575 Old 03-06-2007, 07:03 PM

Does anyone know how I can find out where the local Charter office is? As expected, I can't seem to find anything on the Charter website.

I'm in the South County area in case anyone knows offhand the local office for my area.
post #72 of 3575 Old 03-06-2007, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkb View Post

I wouldn't hold my breath for them to "cave in" anytime soon. Most of the large operators have not "caved in". Comcast and Time Warner I believe are still saying they will not pay. They believe they can work out some type of fair compensation that won't increase customers costs. Just have to wait and see.
post #73 of 3575 Old 03-06-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailorg View Post

Does anyone know how I can find out where the local Charter office is? As expected, I can't seem to find anything on the Charter website.

I'm in the South County area in case anyone knows offhand the local office for my area.

I think their office is in Town & Country. I would expect it to be in either the phone book or printed on the bill somewhere.
post #74 of 3575 Old 03-07-2007, 05:51 AM

Quote:

Go north on 141 to the Clayton exit. Go west on Clayton to Woods Mill (first light I think). Take a right and the Charter campus is about 1/2 mile on the left. There should be a sign directing you to the customer service building. My best CSR experiences have been face to face with the folks here.

The urge to perform is not an indication of talent. -GK
post #75 of 3575 Old 03-07-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:

Currently I am unable to access my current bill, it included all the local offices. When available I will post.
post #76 of 3575 Old 03-07-2007, 01:52 PM

Anybody have a working number for Charter's Overland office? I just want to find out what their fracking hours are w/o dealing with the 800 number robot.
The Yellow Pages number 687-2500 is a hoot. It's a 314 number; dial w/o the 1, a recording says you need to dial a 1; dial it with the one and ... yup, recording says you don't need a 1.
thx
post #77 of 3575 Old 03-11-2007, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgibby View Post

Anybody have a working number for Charter's Overland office? I just want to find out what their fracking hours are w/o dealing with the 800 number robot.
The Yellow Pages number 687-2500 is a hoot. It's a 314 number; dial w/o the 1, a recording says you need to dial a 1; dial it with the one and ... yup, recording says you don't need a 1.
thx

I live close to the Overland office. I get a 'We're sorry, your call did not go through' message when I dial from here. That number is apparently no good.

I'd like to know the office hours too.

Dave
post #78 of 3575 Old 03-12-2007, 06:22 AM

(also posted on STL HD thread)

I had an all-day Saturday service call from Charter tht came and went with no tech. I called about 7:30 p.m. Saturday and was assured the call was still scheduled, that the CSR had messaged the tech and that he would call me. Right.

The call rolled over to Sunday, and 9 hours passed. Finally, with my wife home from a weekend trip, I had to get out of the house and run some errand. Of course, that's when the tech showed up. No explanations, no apology.

I had been having severe breakup on KSDK HD, plus video/audio freezes on on the other HD channels (esp. PBS) on my Moxi. I went into diagnostics and wrote down all of the signal strength and other data; some were a little off (acc. to splinke faq), some were way off. I also had recorded Conan O'Brien from early last week that got progressively unwatchable.

Well, my wife had to force the guy to watch the Conan recording; at least he said he watched it. She couldn't follow him around. He said the numbers I wrote down were irrelevant. He said they're different from the numbers "broadcast" to him." When my wife asked, "Well, if they're irrelevant, why are they there?" .... he said: "To cause trouble."

He switched a three way splitter in the TV room to a two-way (I had capped the third output), and rearranged the cabling at the outside box, which he said was (gasp!) sloppy. The PQ was good last night; but it was OK before he showed up, too; it's a problem that comes and goes.

I wasted an entire weekend for this...

barry
post #79 of 3575 Old 03-12-2007, 06:27 AM

Quote:

I live close to the Overland office. I get a 'We're sorry, your call did not go through' message when I dial from here. That number is apparently no good.

I'd like to know the office hours too.

Dave
I took another look at the Charter bill, and the hours are printed there (duh!). It's almost unreadable but it's there.
Hours are 9-6 M-F, 9-1 on Saturday.
That doesn't mean we'll be able to see the office; they might turn the cloaking device on when their long-range sensors detect, like, a customer approaching....

barry
post #80 of 3575 Old 03-12-2007, 08:37 AM

I scanned the page with the local offices and hours.

http://tstolze.net/pictures/chrtr.gif
post #81 of 3575 Old 03-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Has anyone used Charters online system to view their cable account?
post #82 of 3575 Old 03-12-2007, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSDO View Post

Has anyone used Charters online system to view their cable account?

I have used it since I signed up, view my bill, check status of appointments, etc.
Here is the link if you need it, https://update.charter.com/MyAccount
post #83 of 3575 Old 03-12-2007, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgibby View Post

Dave
I took another look at the Charter bill, and the hours are printed there (duh!). It's almost unreadable but it's there.
Hours are 9-6 M-F, 9-1 on Saturday.
That doesn't mean we'll be able to see the office; they might turn the cloaking device on when their long-range sensors detect, like, a customer approaching....

barry

I didn't think of looking at the bill.

I did stop by there on my way home from work. The hours on the door are the same except opening at 8:30 M-F.

Dave
post #84 of 3575 Old 03-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstolze View Post

I have used it since I signed up, view my bill, check status of appointments, etc.
Here is the link if you need it, https://update.charter.com/MyAccount

Thanks. I will try it out. Last time I tried, many months ago, I could not get it to work.
post #85 of 3575 Old 03-13-2007, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Overland office is out of 3416s. Wanted to swap out my 6200.

Dave
post #86 of 3575 Old 03-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Overland office is out of 3416s. Wanted to swap out my 6200.

No kidding? Wow that was fast. Did you try the Town and Country office? Did they tell you when the next batch would arrive?

BTW. What is the 6200? I am not familiar with that unit. Is it a basic non-HD, non- DVR digital STB?

Thanks
post #87 of 3575 Old 03-13-2007, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

No kidding? Wow that was fast. Did you try the Town and Country office? Did they tell you when the next batch would arrive?

BTW. What is the 6200? I am not familiar with that unit. Is it a basic non-HD, non- DVR digital STB?

Thanks

I'm too lazy to go all the way out to T&C for one

They said they were just told this morning they were out and didn't know when they would have any in. They wouldn't give up their local phone number either, said I would have to call the 800 number.

The 6200 is the non-dvr HD box.

Dave
post #88 of 3575 Old 03-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm too lazy to go all the way out to T&C for one

They said they were just told this morning they were out and didn't know when they would have any in. They wouldn't give up their local phone number either, said I would have to call the 800 number.

The 6200 is the non-dvr HD box.

Do you already have a 3416? Moxi?
post #89 of 3575 Old 03-13-2007, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Do you already have a 3416? Moxi?

No. I was looking to trade up to a 3416.

Dave
post #90 of 3575 Old 03-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

No. I was looking to trade up to a 3416.

I have the Moxi. I like it. I archive movies from it @480i to the HDD of my DVD recorder. I would like to archive @1080i by firewire to a windows xp computer. Moxi will not allow this. The firewire port is active but disables when connected to non-5c capable devices. See this post http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post7624697

I read Aspec2's post about his success with firewire transfer from his 3416 to pc. What was even more surprising was the lack of 5c encryption flags on the Premium movie channels! The 3416 interests me for this reason.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page